Equipment Exploit
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2017-01-20 11:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So where is the difference with Voodoo Crown which I bought for 15m?
Voodoo Crown is a T1 normally.

Another difference is the craft used to make the crown versus the pumps. My ls only has like 10-15 people in it now and we have 3 110 Goldsmithers (me included), but as far as I know, only 1 110 Leathercrafters and 1 other that's 100+. My server seems to have a similar distribution of Goldsmithers and Leathercrafters from what I can tell too, but it could just be a random coincidence too I guess.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 12:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems people forgot about the last 4 login campaigns where many people stocked up on the materials and hexed items.......are people doing the exploit? Yes most likely. Are most of the HQs on the AH are those same people? No proof no idea which again is a fact.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-20 12:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe SE will do a mass ban session, like it has done before in the past, finding a way to fix this, and collect data before doing anything rash
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 12:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
maybe SE will do a mass ban session, like it has done before in the past, finding a way to fix this, and collect data before doing anything rash
I can agree with that even though just banning someone for 3 days is not hard to do while collecting their past data. Anyone that has been a GM knows this. Either way nothing anyone can do but wait and see. Just sucks because of this *** instantly all crafters do this just because they got lucky. Yeah no.
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-01-20 12:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone actually openly confirmed this yet or is it still all speculation?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 12:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Has anyone actually openly confirmed this yet or is it still all speculation?
SE no. Assuming this is being done per some person in sandy? Yes. Has anyone looked at their AH history for massive HQs and sells? Nothing posted yet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-20 12:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if he absolutely were so brazenly doing the claims in this thread, he likely wouldn't have the guts to sell the items himself (certainly not on AH), since that's too easy to track.

More than likely the items/money have been moved to another char, maybe another server. If I had several high-priced HQ items, I'd just do my dirt on character A and then have 4-5 of my alts absorb the items for cheap. Then resell. Make it look like a legitimate sale.

As they say, follow the money...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-20 12:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
It seems people forgot about the last 4 login campaigns where many people stocked up on the materials and hexed items.......are people doing the exploit? Yes most likely. Are most of the HQs on the AH are those same people? No proof no idea which again is a fact.
You cant T1 a hexed synth under any legal circumstance. If you have 20 characters, in December, with a full 1500 carryover, you can get 5 Hexed Handwear of choice as they were 750 points. Thats 100 Gloves to work with. Statistically, thats good for one singular Jinxed piece, with a decent chance at a second.
In a more realistic situation, where Hexed NQ is 1500 login points, and you have zero carryover, you can get ONE piece per character. I'll be nice and presume you had some carryover and could get two per char in the login campaign. Thats 40 Hexed. With the presumed HQ rate, theres a good chance you walk out with 0 Jinxed pieces.

So please, dont act like people were using the login campaign to stockpike hordes of hexed pieces and VWNM synth mats.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 12:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a lot of fun work for the GM that does care lol
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-20 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious for those of you who either really don't care or are effective at pretending not to- what would it take to get y'all upset in the realm of cheating? Just because you don't do the activity in the game doesn't mean it doesn't effect you.

So what would it take? Using this exploit to get aeonics by superpowering 5 characters unfairly? Return of currency duping? People were upset by friggin chocobo blinkers but not this?
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-20 13:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As a crafter myself, I'm really stunned at the verbage and passive aggressive drivel being spewed to each other over varying opinions.

Are we not capable of speaking to each other with respect?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Just curious for those of you who either really don't care or are effective at pretending not to- what would it take to get y'all upset in the realm of cheating? Just because you don't do the activity in the game doesn't mean it doesn't effect you.

So what would it take? Using this exploit to get aeonics by superpowering 5 characters unfairly? Return of currency duping? People were upset by friggin chocobo blinkers but not this?
Wait you're mad because some people just don't care? Your vagina is sandy and upset because some people really could care less? With people getting upset with cheating morons that I assume would get banned fixes this issue how? Sorry I guess responding to this like SE does "I don't care," is my bad. Let alone getting upset and letting it ruin my game time fixes what exactly?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-20 13:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Repeat_Login_Campaign#Current_Campaign_-_January_2017_-_Repeat_Login_Campaign_No._43

TIL 1500 * 2 = 2700

Also: lol @ moonpases and direction. That was debunked eons ago.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
As a crafter myself, I'm really stunned at the verbage and passive aggressive drivel being spewed to each other over varying opinions.

Are we not capable of speaking to each other with respect?
Wow you are the first person to point out a fact. All of this is an opinion.
By Davorin 2017-01-20 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
You know nothing about crafting ... My average 1/22. New moon? 2/12 ...

lol
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-20 13:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, please. >.>
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Repeat_Login_Campaign#Current_Campaign_-_January_2017_-_Repeat_Login_Campaign_No._43

TIL 1500 * 2 = 2700

Also: lol @ moonpases and direction. That was debunked eons ago.
lol I must be doing something right with all the afterglow and HQs I purchased. Calm down nancy the sand is cold down there I know and yes 2 per character...
By clearlyamule 2017-01-20 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you're averages are waaaay above the average. You can't tell someone they are wrong for stating long standing statistical average because you've had streaks of ridiculously good luck. Seriously 2/12 on a T0? That's decently better than T1 rates

I know a guy went 2/2 on Kclub. 100% droprate amirite?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-20 13:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

veb2277 said: »
It's that siren's macrame, i would rather be using it on the voodoo dalmatica which is a lot more rare than crafting a bunch for voodoo pumps myself at least. If going to synth something like that I'd just craft a bunch and try to sell to make a profit for when my luck turns south.

You get a lucky craft once in a while but my averages are 2/94, 1/38, 1/100, 1/150+, 2/160,1/18,2/144 nq jinxed synths and 2/24+ from -1s jinxed jackets and 2/3 from -1s jinxed hauberts. Plus 1/8 on jinxed wristbands, 1/150,2/90,and 2/100ish from jinxed gauntlets to give an idea of the variation you can get in HQ rates.

Why do you list the statistics for each synth separately? If they are the same tier, then ALL the data is best expressed as one set, not this mystical "I go 2/3 on -1 jackets but 2/98 on bonnets" (sic). I'd wager if you looked at your overall T0 and T1 rates, even those annoying pre-synths like macrames in cloth, your numbers will more match accepted rates.

NO ONE can beat math in the long run. You might get the RNG to give you HQs for your T0s on value synths, or you can be a winner like me and T0 stone cheese while skilling up cooking last week. They all count the same to the server.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Yeah you're averages are waaaay above the average. You can't tell someone they are wrong for stating long standing statistical average because you've had streaks of ridiculously good luck. Seriously 2/12 on a T0? That's decently better than T1 rates
Ask any Odin crafter. My luck is beyond stupid.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By veb2277 2017-01-20 13:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

half of my crafts where i HQ two in a session, were either right after or within a couple synths of the first HQ as well
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
SE should allow player arrests.
Kinky
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-20 13:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Final micro transaction- mini expansion, the Wild West.

Shiriff Sundi. Need I say more.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

I know a guy went 2/2 on Kclub. 100% droprate amirite?
i already stated my luck is ridiculous. My alchemy mule doesn't have the same luck but still more HQs on the 115 synths then the -1s
By veb2277 2017-01-20 13:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

this can throw you statistics off especially if you wait a bit and then try for two again. For defending rings i farmed 16 in a span of 3-4 days in 450 HQ kills, which is close to the drop rate but you hear people killing 100s without a drop if they don't spam it
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 13:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Final micro transaction- mini expansion, the Wild West.

Shiriff Sundi. Need I say more.
No..

The taru taru Wild West.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13