2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Equipment Exploit
Equipment Exploit
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
By Bamboom 2017-01-19 20:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

veb2277 said: »
The excess HQs in circulation and low prices is just a coincidence of excess crafting and undercutting by people too stupid to realize that they'll bankrupt themselves if they sell at those prices.

For reals. I made some voodoo gears earlier and a fellow crafter bashed me for selling it at the price which I was selling it(which was at 5m above the AH price but still, a loss). They were clearly ok with and were constantly selling HQ gear at a loss but somehow always had an abundance of HQs...
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 20:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt an equipment exploit is happening.

Oh this exploit is most certainly without a doubt happening. The people doing it are the same people who ask, on other more private boards, for all sorts of "methods" of breaking the game to make gil. Make sense though, you could change your sub job, cast magic that you didn't even have access to, and move your character anywhere in the world, by simply telling the server that's what had happened. In each case SE had to deliberately put some sort of check or modification to prevent that exploit from happening, so this would just be a logical next step. Just send the sever a bunch of packets saying you had equipped crafting item X into slot Y, sever just nods it's head up and down.
By veb2277 2017-01-19 20:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, but i doubt anyone with a kupo's shield would use it and risk loosing a rare account like that, if it is happening.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 20:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, but i doubt anyone with a kupo's shield would use it and risk loosing a rare account like that, if it is happening.

I agree that it's not going to be the shield winners, that thing is already broken enough to let them print gil. It's just people with crafting mules and using this to bump up their skill level enough to get a higher tier on stuff and, like the shield winners, print gil.

No sane person would do exploits like this on their main character, SE eventually catches on so it's a race to print as much gil as possible for as long as possible before the mule gets terminated.
By Nyarlko 2017-01-19 20:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw all the yells on Asura when Magicshop was caught wearing his toe socks. People were seriously freaking out over it. The easiest way to know for sure if any bans will be handed out over this will be if he's still bazaaring away in a few months. XD

TBH, this exploit is tempting to consider using, even if purely for testing purposes and self-only non-gil gain. <_<;; Do we know for sure that StoreTP has "no cap" or is it only "we have never reached the cap before"? What about things like "Pet: Lvl+1"? (DAMN YOU SE!! Even your glitches are anti-BST!! /shakefist) @_@;;

Knowing that I will likely never be able to afford HQ cursed items, the lil' devil on my shoulder is trying to convince me to make my own since I should be able to reach T2 on them for my own use. (My personal definition for "Temptation" = "Attractive choice to do something that you know that you shouldn't do or that you consider to be 'wrong'.")

Hope it gets fixed soon to prevent a crafting market meltdown, but since any fix will likely be a pure server-side update, I wouldn't be surprised if there was zero notification once they do fix it.

Not sure how paranoid I want to be, but it's somewhat possible they could also leave the loophole open for a bit while monitoring activity of those using it, just so they could weed out some of the worst bad apples around...
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-20 01:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish more people used this exploit to craft Voodoo Pumps on Asura.
*** paying 40 mils for a T2 with sorta-cheap ingredients!

(it's a T2 right? Not 100% sure...)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-20 01:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wish more people used this exploit to craft Voodoo Pumps on Asura.
*** paying 40 mils for a T2 with sorta-cheap ingredients!

(it's a T2 right? Not 100% sure...)
Sechs its T2 we talked about this in game the other night! The -1 is T1!!!

All Voodoo is as follows:
Feet: 91 (T2 with Reg stuff)
Hands: 92 (T2 Kupo Shield)
Legs: 93 (T2 Kupo Shield)
Head: 94 (T2 Kupo Shield)
Body: 95 (T2 Hack dat *** :P)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-20 01:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bad person, I want cheap Voodoo Pumps.
Someone kill me for this sin, BUT *** GIVE ME CHEAP PUMPZ

/whine
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-20 01:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bad person, I want cheap Voodoo Pumps.
Someone kill me for this sin, BUT *** GIVE ME CHEAP PUMPZ

/whine
TBH IF you bought all the base mats off the AH. It would cost 41,152,000 on average to make a pair.

Even making the mats yourself its not saving a ton and thats where crafters make the gil.

P.S. - I wouldn't even touch it with the reward:time ratio involved its so little you could of did 2 delves and made more gil.
By Bamboom 2017-01-20 01:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

T1(1/16) * T2(1/4) = 1/64 chance that current mats will yield voodoo pumps...

each attempt ~= 700k so 64 * 700k = 44.8m... which means that the current going price makes it a loss synth :|

Edit: Beat me to it!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-20 01:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The excess HQs in circulation and low prices is just a coincidence of excess crafting and undercutting by people too stupid to realize that they'll bankrupt themselves if they sell at those prices. The market will normalize itself, because there was a major influx of crafting materials and nq pieces from the couple last login. I doubt an equipment exploit is happening. Find it funny, but maybe a coincidence that the person who is most objective to buy and sell threads is the one to bring this "expoit" up and scare everyone. Then point fingers at someone for spending their gil on materials and getting a lucky streak in HQ synthesis. The demand isn't there as it was before and too much supply, hence abnormally low prices for the NQ pieces and people undercutting.
Damn this guy solved it. There really is no exploit and its just really really stupid people sending hundreds of millions of gil on Hexed stuff going for -1's and then selling them at a known massive loss.
By veb2277 2017-01-20 01:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, the prices started out high and because of the influx of ingredients from logins it caused people to keep undercutting each other. If there is this exploit, then they decided now was the best time to take massive advantage of it because of all the ingredients available and to spam the server, if I need to rephrase.
By veb2277 2017-01-20 01:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You saw everybody undercutting each other, even players who are not exploiting because the longer you wait the further prices drop. I refuse to do that and hence will use the HQs on my mules if prices drop too low or keep until it goes back up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-20 02:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So where is the difference with Voodoo Crown which I bought for 15m?
Voodoo Crown is a T1 normally.

I guess the difference is in Cursed Crown -1 being T2 compared to Cursed Pumps -1 being T1?
And also Cursed Crown -1 is definitely much cheaper looking at the ingredients necessary to make it.

Macrame => ~340k (less if you craft the threads yourself but that's boring and requires time, and time is money yo!)
Velvet cloth => ~10k
Gold => ~30k
Rainbow => ~50k
Manti => ~15k

445k, I dunno let's say 500k
With a ~10% HQ rate. Means 5 mils for 1 Cursed Pumps -1, on average, right?

Then you have Eschite Ore, 750k, but let's say 800.
5 mils + 800k, with ~25% HQ rate, let's say 6 mils because I wanna exagerate.
At ~25% HQ rate that should be ~24 mils, no?

I suck at math :x
But then again it seems the difference is not much the Tier of the Voodoo synth itself, but rather the Tier of the cursed item behind it.
Which means being able to hack and reduce the tier of THAT synth, would greatly affect the price of the Voodoo Synth too!
Those 5mils for 1 cursed pumps -1 would become ~2mils no?
By veb2277 2017-01-20 02:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that siren's macrame, i would rather be using it on the voodoo dalmatica which is a lot more rare than crafting a bunch for voodoo pumps myself at least. If going to synth something like that I'd just craft a bunch and try to sell to make a profit for when my luck turns south.

You get a lucky craft once in a while but my averages are 2/94, 1/38, 1/100, 1/150+, 2/160,1/18,2/144 nq jinxed synths and 2/24+ from -1s jinxed jackets and 2/3 from -1s jinxed hauberts. Plus 1/8 on jinxed wristbands, 1/150,2/90,and 2/100ish from jinxed gauntlets to give an idea of the variation you can get in HQ rates.
By Bamboom 2017-01-20 02:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Macrame => ~340k (less if you craft the threads yourself but that's boring and requires time, and time is money yo!)
Velvet cloth => ~10k
Gold => ~30k
Rainbow => ~50k
Manti => ~15k

445k, I dunno let's say 500k
With a ~10% HQ rate. Means 5 mils for 1 Cursed Pumps -1, on average, right?

Then you have Eschite Ore, 750k, but let's say 800.
5 mils + 800k, with ~25% HQ rate, let's say 6 mils because I wanna exagerate.
At ~25% HQ rate that should be ~24 mils, no?

Numbers are a bit off for Asura, macrame is currently at 510k and T1 is more of a 6-7%

When I posted it I assumed prices haven't changes here's the new breakdown:

Macrame - 510k
Gold thread -30k
Velvet cloth - 10k
Manticore leather - 30k
Rainbow cloth - 30k (used to be 100k!)

610k per synth. At 1/16 hq rate for t1 thats 9760 k for every -1

9760 + (700) = 10460 k m per -1, at a 1/4 hq rate for voodoo means 42m
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-20 02:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Numbers are a bit off for Asura, macrame is currently at 510k
Yes, but if you craft it yourself it shouldn't be more than 340k, I rounded all final numbers up btw and assumed "do it yourself" which is QUITE a saving compared to buying final mats on AH (I used the same process to craft my HQ strap and HQ Ammo for SMN, and saved A LOT of gil. Actually made gil because I ended up with multiple HQs)

Quote:
and T1 is more of a 6-7%
Oh! Does this include all possible HQ bonuses? I thought with all bonuses the three tiers of crafting were ~10%, ~25%, ~50%?

I still think the price killer here (compared to Voodoo Crown which, again, I easily bought for 15 mils) is not the tier of the final recipe, but the tier of the cursed mat.
Cursed Pumps -1 are T1 and that's what kills the price even if Voodoo Pumps are T2.

And this brings us back to the initial topic. If someone can make that T1 cursed pumps into a T2, there's gonna be quite a noticeable price difference in the final product.

Please hackers of Asura, sell me a pair of cheap Voodoo Pumps! XD
(lol)
By Bamboom 2017-01-20 02:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that siren's macrame, i would rather be using it on the voodoo dalmatica which is a lot more rare than crafting a bunch for voodoo pumps myself at least. If going to synth something like that I'd just craft a bunch and try to sell to make a profit for when my luck turns south.

You get a lucky craft once in a while but my averages are 2/94, 1/38, 1/100, 1/150+, 2/160,1/18,2/144 nq jinxed synths and 2/24+ from -1s jinxed jackets and 2/3 from -1s jinxed hauberts. Plus 1/8 on jinxed wristbands, 1/150,2/90,and 2/100ish from jinxed gauntlets to give an idea of the variation you can get in HQ rates.

To each their own, but depending on luck, especially when the odds of profit are against you, can quickly break you, especially with the cost of attempting these.

You might get lucky, but if you continue to do this in the long run, it will even out and you will be making a loss.
By veb2277 2017-01-20 02:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably spent 1.8 billion Gil to get all the materials I have right now, still to craft and the HQs I have on me for sale. People think you make a big profit because they see a lot of HQs, but when I get a lucky synth I just put that back into materials to try to compound luck or buffer for a bad streak until I get enough for a decent profit. Otherwise I just use them on my mules if nobody wants to buy them or wait until prices normalize after people bankrupt themselves.
By Bamboom 2017-01-20 02:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Numbers are a bit off for Asura, macrame is currently at 510k
Yes, but if you craft it yourself it shouldn't be more than 340k, I rounded all final numbers up btw and assumed "do it yourself" which is QUITE a saving compared to buying final mats on AH (I used the same process to craft my HQ strap and HQ Ammo for SMN, and saved A LOT of gil. Actually made gil because I ended up with multiple HQs)

Ah yes, but that requires a 90 cloth mule which not everyone has. But for sure, if you have that mule it cuts down price by a lot
[+]
By veb2277 2017-01-20 02:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just find other ways to make gil, also can logins to create a buffer so under cutters don't wipe you out lol
By veb2277 2017-01-20 02:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura and Odin are the highest cost servers regardless, I'd almost never buy materials from there if I wanted to keep my wallet. There are a few materials that are decent price but prices fluctuate.

Finished all 122 crafts finally except still need cloth/cooking/fishing torques. That was first thing to do otherwise you loose your wallet buying over priced materials.
By wbnightwolf 2017-01-20 11:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly he doesn't care because the person in question on this thread is still standing at the auction house in port san'doria. With hands equipped as feet. smh.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 11:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

wbnightwolf said: »
Clearly he doesn't care because the person in question on this thread is still standing at the auction house in port san'doria. With hands equipped as feet. smh.
Why care when IF SE decides to ban that person? Not my account not my problem. If that person is still doing it and of course most likely people reported him to SE yet still on. Tells me they don't care or there's a fix coming.
By wbnightwolf 2017-01-20 11:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Why care when IF SE decides to ban that person? Not my account not my problem. If that person is still doing it and of course most likely people reported him to SE yet still on. Tells me they don't care or there's a fix coming.

Well I gm'ed him and I got a canned message back asking me to submit a bug report. And sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

GM's don't even want to talk about it i guess.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 11:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I gm'ed him and I got a canned message back asking me to submit a bug report. And sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
So they don't care or a fix is coming. When someone is exploiting a possible glitch like this so openly and nothing done hilarious. My friend got banned for obviously speed hacking in Aby a week ago..*** aby lol.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The excess HQs in circulation and low prices is just a coincidence of excess crafting and undercutting by people too stupid to realize that they'll bankrupt themselves if they sell at those prices. The market will normalize itself, because there was a major influx of crafting materials and nq pieces from the couple last login. I doubt an equipment exploit is happening. Find it funny, but maybe a coincidence that the person who is most objective to buy and sell threads is the one to bring this "expoit" up and scare everyone. Then point fingers at someone for spending their gil on materials and getting a lucky streak in HQ synthesis. The demand isn't there as it was before and too much supply, hence abnormally low prices for the NQ pieces and people undercutting.
Damn this guy solved it. There really is no exploit and its just really really stupid people sending hundreds of millions of gil on Hexed stuff going for -1's and then selling them at a known massive loss.
Well the source is a person who thinks people lie about their sales and have over 20 mules... it's like the Alex Jones of FF11
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 11:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To each their own, but depending on luck, especially when the odds of profit are against you, can quickly break you, especially with the cost of attempting these.

You might get lucky, but if you continue to do this in the long run, it will even out and you will be making a loss.
I agree with this statement even the morons using the exploit would be losing Gil sometime in this
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-20 11:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-20 11:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Well the source is a person who thinks people lie about their sales and have over 20 mules... it's like the Alex Jones of FF11
So you mean those people who have gone and checked that character and can clearly see them wearing gloves on their feet are all liars and part of the conspiracy?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13