Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-09 09:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
It's an existential embarrassment to humanity that this man is now, barring anything truly insane, going to be the most powerful individual in the world.
Isn't that what the Republicans stated 8 years ago with Obama?

Never mind that most of their worries came true (and their worries had more to do with how he ran the country than how he ran his life prior to the presidency), but we were told then that we never gave him a chance and that we should wait for him to *** up before we criticize him. Oh, and that we were also racist for hating a black president.

So, I'm just going to repeat what was told of me then: Wait until he *** up before you criticize him. Oh, and you are racist for hating an orange president.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-09 09:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Yea except Obama wasn't shitposting on twitter.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-09 09:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

No, he was shitposting directly in Congress, telling everyone that he is awesome, that he won the presidency, and that we should all bow to him.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

KN, I really can't tell if you don't see the difference or are just trolling. (Rav too, with all your passive-aggressive thumbs upping!)

Because clearly you're missing my point or ignoring it to discuss your own narrative/grievances.

I'm not talking a single lick of his policies or w/e. I get those, even if I don't support them, and I get voting for his policies.

I'm talking about the person. The conceited, entitled, money-grubbing, abusive, bullying, pompous windbag who has abused our legal system for over forty years.

Why am I the only person (around here, at least) who seems to remember who and what Donald Trump has been for all these years prior to 2014?

I can tolerate his policies from a civil discourse standpoint. Though I'll fight many of them tooth and nail as well as I'm able because I think they're wrong.

But as a person? Well, until his recent dipping of his toes into the GOP pool, he's been, publically at least, largely more Democrat than Republican and rubbed elbows with the Clintons.

That should set off more red flags for you than anybody, shouldn't it? That he was so close with the Clintons for so long is indicative of his being massively untrustworthy...at least, if we can gauge by what so many of the Trumpers say about everyone else around Clinton.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-09 09:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No, he was shitposting directly in Congress, telling everyone that he is awesome, that he won the presidency, and that we should all bow to him.

Do you have any quotes?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-09 09:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm just going to repeat what was told of me then: Wait until he *** up before you criticize him.

This, this, and so much this. When Obama first got into office my thoughts were, "He's probably going to disappoint us all, but I could be wrong. I'll give him a chance." They weren't, "HOLY CRAP. Look at how his supporters worship him! He's going to declare martial law and hold onto power forever! This country is DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!"

At least give Trump until freaking February to declare him a failure, since I know people can't wait longer than that.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-09 09:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite understanding why he got elected, I still can't stomach that people actually like Donald Trump.

I can see (not agree with, but understand) the "anyone but Hillary" thing, or wanting to be represented and feeling Hillary nor anyone else did that as well as DT.

But...DONALD TRUMP. Jesus. The Manbaby of the Century. Thin-skinned, bullying, womanizing, orange-skinned, flabby-jowl, *** awful hairpiece, celebrity, conflict-of-interest, caricature-of-everything-wrong-with-rich-people-and-celebs-all-in-one Donald Trump.

I reiterate what I said when his campaign began being taken seriously. It's like voting for the cast of Jersey Shore or one of the Kardashians into office. Forget politics. Forget economics.

It's an existential embarrassment to humanity that this man is now, barring anything truly insane, going to be the most powerful individual in the world.

Try going outside your bubble we aren't all bad just 99% of us are !
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You have significant perceptual disturbances and it greatly concerns me. I truly wonder sometimes precisely through what lens you view the world. I take you at your word on the things you say about yourself. I know others have called it into question, but I accept them as factual because frankly, I've always found that lying about yourself online reflects more poorly on the person telling tales than it does anyone believing them, because it's the internet and it doesn't *** matter.

That said, assuming all you've said about yourself is true, I truly wonder at the environment in which you were raised and educated to have these feelings on things.

If any GOP presence did the things Obama did for his or her own issues, you'd laud them as standing up for what's right in the face of resistance. But since Obama has done it, he's "shoved things down your throat and insisted you bow before him."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So, I'm just going to repeat what was told of me then: Wait until he *** up before you criticize him.

This, this, and so much this. When Obama first got into office my thoughts were, "He's probably going to disappoint us all, but I could be wrong. I'll give him a chance." They weren't, "HOLY CRAP. Look at how his supporters worship him! He's going to declare martial law and hold onto power forever! This country is DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!"

At least give Trump until freaking February to declare him a failure, since I know people can't wait longer than that.

It's. Not. About. His. Policies.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-09 09:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

KN, I really can't tell if you don't see the difference or are just trolling. (Rav too, with all your passive-aggressive thumbs upping!)

Because clearly you're missing my point or ignoring it to discuss your own narrative/grievances.

I'm not talking a single lick of his policies or w/e. I get those, even if I don't support them, and I get voting for his policies.

I'm talking about the person. The conceited, entitled, money-grubbing, abusive, bullying, pompous windbag who has abused our legal system for over forty years.

Why am I the only person (around here, at least) who seems to remember who and what Donald Trump has been for all these years prior to 2014?

I can tolerate his policies from a civil discourse standpoint. Though I'll fight many of them tooth and nail as well as I'm able because I think they're wrong.

But as a person? Well, until his recent dipping of his toes into the GOP pool, he's been, publically at least, largely more Democrat than Republican and rubbed elbows with the Clintons.

That should set off more red flags for you than anybody, shouldn't it? That he was so close with the Clintons for so long is indicative of his being massively untrustworthy...at least, if we can gauge by what so many of the Trumpers say about everyone else around Clinton.

Not really... their side won so it's just pretty much switched now... it doesn't really matter who he is or what he represents... he has the Republican next to his name now... it would have been the same if Hillary had won as they would have attacked and others would have defended her regardless of what was done... the torch has been passed after 8 years and those who were on offense are now on defense... I am a bit surprised how fervently KN defends him sometimes as he quite publicly announced his vote did not go to Trump...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-09 09:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I see your point, because I had the exact same point and anger 8 years ago today.

It's almost scary to be honest. I was angry that a man was elected who, based by his rhetoric, would ultimately destroy the nation and the world as we know it (at the time). And you know what? I wasn't far off in my predictions.

You are basically stating the same thing I stated years ago about Obama. So, I told you exactly what I was told at the time....

It doesn't matter what he is like as a person to be honest. As long as he doesn't launch nukes at China (which he can't) or declare war on Russia (which he can't), and he is very limited on domestic policies (you can thank the Constitution for that).

To be honest, he can't really do more damage than what Obama has already done. But at least he can do some good for the nation as a strong leader.

It doesn't matter what people think of him as a person, it's how he is as a president. Which we don't know because he hasn't been sworn in yet, and yet he is already working like a president should.....
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Try going outside your bubble we aren't all bad just 99% of us are !

My bubble is as much for the protection of others as myself.

No one should come into direct physical contact with my thoughts for any great length of time. They're maddening and quite possibly carcinogenic.
By fonewear 2016-12-09 09:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad this is the internet cause I would never talk to most of you in real life hell I'd never come within a 20 mile radius of you !
By fonewear 2016-12-09 09:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of all that I'm sure you are wonderful people.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-09 09:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite understanding why he got elected, I still can't stomach that people actually like Donald Trump.

I can see (not agree with, but understand) the "anyone but Hillary" thing, or wanting to be represented and feeling Hillary nor anyone else did that as well as DT.

But...DONALD TRUMP. Jesus. The Manbaby of the Century. Thin-skinned, bullying, womanizing, orange-skinned, flabby-jowl, *** awful hairpiece, celebrity, conflict-of-interest, caricature-of-everything-wrong-with-rich-people-and-celebs-all-in-one Donald Trump.

I reiterate what I said when his campaign began being taken seriously. It's like voting for the cast of Jersey Shore or one of the Kardashians into office. Forget politics. Forget economics.

Alpha male bro, his supporters see him as capable and eager to fight for them.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what people think of him as a person, it's how he is as a president.

Okay, this is the only thing addressing what I'm saying, and this is where we disagree.

I believe it entirely matters. Maybe that's just my own life experiences subjectively speaking. I've not written that off as a possibility.

But the man is a worthless bully.
By fonewear 2016-12-09 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The simple fact that people can't see how we voted for Trump...is precisely why we voted for Trump.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

There's there mistake.

He's capable of fighting for himself. Which may benefit others in his tax bracket and create a sense of faux-camaraderie, but Trump is about as capable of fighting for the middle and working class as Clinton.

Which is to say, not the *** at all.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The simple fact that people can't see how we voted for Trump...is precisely why we voted for Trump.

Here's this fallacy again.

I do see why.

We're beyond that.
By eliroo 2016-12-09 09:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

See, this is my problem with this statement. I've spent a lot of time defending Trump, because I personally think a lot of attacks on him have been unjust and I personally believe that he isn't that terrible of a person. He knows how to game the media, and he is smart(despite contrary belief). He knows how to strive off of conflict and clearly that won him the election. There are tons of great stories of him being an amazing person but also a ton of stories about him being an unethical business man. I would've voted for Trump, instead of Hillary if voting was mandatory. But there is a point in time when his ***needs to stop and he needs to start making choices that reflect his views. We already judge his actions now and we can also judge him by his cabinet nominations.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I always chuckle at the concept of "alpha" males because it's an entirely misunderstood concept.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-09 09:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's there mistake.

He's capable of fighting for himself. Which may benefit others in his tax bracket and create a sense of faux-camaraderie, but Trump is about as capable of fighting for the middle and working class as Clinton.

Which is to say, not the *** at all.
Well we disagree on that. Trump understands the problems of ge country. He had a huge campaign platform. The things he wants to do will benefit most every American.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally believe that he isn't that terrible of a person

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-09 09:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have any quotes?
"Don't like my policies? Go out and win an election" -Barrack Obama, to Congress, October 16, 2013.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 09:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we disagree on that. Trump understands the problems of ge country. He had a huge campaign platform. The things he wants to do will benefit most every American.

Well, this is one of those situations where there's no down side to me being wrong, so I hope I am.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-09 10:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally believe that he isn't that terrible of a person

Bro, he ran against the Clintons. There is NO way to win against the Clinton machine unless you are as filthy and as disgusting as the Clintons.

People always point to Jeb or kashick as if they wouldn't have had he same stream of mistresses coming out or the endless parade of sexual misconduct. Either of them else would have tapped out back in august and commited to the Washington generals role the Clinton's and the media wanted them to be.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-09 10:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's this fallacy again.

I do see why.

We're beyond that.

So what's your point you just want to *** about Trump ?
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-09 10:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what he is like as a person to be honest. As long as he doesn't launch nukes at China (which he can't) or declare war on Russia (which he can't), and he is very limited on domestic policies (you can thank the Constitution for that).

The president can launch nukes, given that his Sec. of Defense is in favor of it.

Further more, the President cannot declare war, but they can send troops to fight and then they have a 90 day period were congress has to approve war.

Quote:
Congress holds the power to declare war. As a result, the president cannot declare war without their approval. However, as the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, many presidents have sent troops to battle without an official war declaration (ex. Vietnam, Korea). The 1973 War Powers Act attempted to define when and how the president could send troops to battle by adding strict time frames for reporting to Congress after sending troops to war, in addition to other measures.

Source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/executive_power

yet he is already working like a president should.....

So you think the president should go on social media and insult everyone who says something against him?
By fonewear 2016-12-09 10:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All twitter is shitposting. Good day sir !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-09 10:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are so concerned about Trump on twitter there is a novel way to solve it...don't read his Twitter !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48