Why Do You Think Blue Mage SHOULD Be Nerfed?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Why do you think Blue Mage SHOULD be nerfed?
Why do you think Blue Mage SHOULD be nerfed?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
People who consider themselves BLU mains and people who are BLU mains are two different sets of individuals. The real BLU mains won't be jumping ship the second SE inevitably nerfs the job into the ground due to threads like these.

You're right, there are people who will keep playing it even if it did get nerfed, but even the people that will quit right after it gets nerfed will still call themselves BLU mains right now.

I've seen it happen multiple times already for other jobs, hence my other post. Besides that, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Probably just a difference in perceived definition. I tend to link main and career <job> as being the same thing (which isn't always correct), and usually tend to ignore what people tell me is "their main" unless I've actually witnessed them put some care and devotion into that job.

Point is, thorny's post seemed to be calling out everyone who liked that post (or who has posted in support of BLU in this thread) and asking why they play BLU, and the context heavily hinted at the fact that we only play it because it's strong, which is asinine and untrue. I wouldn't mind being wrong though.
By Crevox 2016-10-19 16:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

People who consider themselves BLU mains and people who are BLU mains are two different sets of individuals. The real BLU mains won't be jumping ship the second SE inevitably nerfs the job into the ground due to threads like these.

You're right, there are people who will keep playing it even if it did get nerfed, but even the people that will quit right after it gets nerfed will still call themselves BLU mains right now.

I've seen it happen multiple times already for other jobs, hence my other post. Besides that, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Probably just a difference in perceived definition. I tend to link main and career <job> as being the same thing (which isn't always correct), and usually tend to ignore what people tell me is "their main" unless I've actually witnessed them put some care and devotion into that job.

Sadly, I'm not entirely certain many people have jobs like that. They seem to just shift to whatever is fotm, and for them right now, it's Blue Mage. Likewise, they'll now call it both their main job and career job, because it's the thing they're having the most fun with right now.

However, you and I both know they would drop it in an instant if it got nerfed, and would gladly jump onto another job if something else became super popular.

Where's all the career Samurais at right now? Where's the thieves? Beastmasters? Poof, gone. I haven't partied with a single Samurai since I got back, but when I started playing, there was nothing but.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
However, you and I both know they would drop it in an instant if it got nerfed, and would gladly jump onto another job if something else became super popular.

Yup. The next thread will be "why do you think Rune Fencer/Ninja/Dancer should be nerfed"
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. The next thread will be "why do you think Rune Fencer/Ninja/Dancer should be nerfed"

Such is the cycle, but it still does not change the opinion that maybe changes are warranted.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Such is the cycle, but it still does not change the opinion that maybe changes are warranted.

Probably, but I'll continue to say that there is a lot of over exaggeration and hyperbole at work in these sorts of debates.
[+]
By oyama 2016-10-19 16:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You are absolutely giving up something for those things. Set points, spell slots, and casting delay are real things. Hell even using mighty guard is a sacrifice because it means you can't use tourbillion or other UL spells, it just happens to be worth it more often than not. And you do still need to swap to defensive sets if you are taking damage or about to take damage, you'll just usually have an edge over other DDs in their dt sets, but even that is not 100% of the time, and your dps is still going to plummet while you're in defensive mode. Furthermore, blu absolutely still benefits, and in fact still NEEDS buffs from traditional buffing jobs like everyone else, its performance just drops off slower as outside buffs go away compared to other jobs. If you have other DDs with a blu, the blu can always drop erratic flutter and take the haste buff like everyone else, and use the points for something else like tiers in attack bonus trait or more utility. So much of this comes down to player choice, and not anything actually broken about the job.

You clearly understand neither how blu currently functions nor how the game works when you're actually playing it and doing real content. Blu is strong, good at what it was designed to do, and fairly unique. That does not make it unhealthy for the game. My blu keeps pace with the other DDs in my LS and yet I still get asked to come as one of my other jobs all the time, with other people taking the dd slots using thf, dnc, sam, or what have you. Blu is a good option and brings a lot to the table, but it's not always the best option and by no means is it necessary to be efficient. Sorry but 10 seconds or whatever off ambuscade is not a real boost in efficiency considering the lion's share of the time requirement of ambuscade is in getting the KIs and, during the early portion of the month, waiting to enter.

All that said, I wouldn't mind mighty guard and cocoon not stacking, but is that actually going to solve any problems? No, it's just nerfing for nerfing's sake. It might be note fair on paper but would have little significant impact on how the job is played or how desirable it is.
By eliroo 2016-10-19 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably, but I'll continue to say that there is a lot of over exaggeration and hyperbole at work in these sorts of debates.

The last time I was involved in a debate over BLU there was hyperboles and exaggerations coming from both sides of the fence.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-19 16:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC NIN RUNE don't have everything with no weaknesses. They aren't jack of all trades master of some.

Bluemage is a *** abomination of a class to have in a MMORPG.
My BF who I've played other games with can't stop laughing at how stupid Bluemage is compared to any class in another game. Even Druid in WOW is nowhere near as disgusting as bluemage currently is.

"Why does this class get A+ in blue magic which is EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME? Why can BLU solo a SIX STEP SKILLCHAIN? Why do they have access to healing? Why do they have an insane amount of mitigation for free? Why do they get barrier tusk? Why do they get A+ in sword while RDM only gets *** B? Why do they get every status effect in the game?"
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Definitely so, and a fair amount of false assumptions with some heated responses. I wouldn't point any fingers though. ^ :)
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 16:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, I'm not entirely certain many people have jobs like that. They seem to just shift to whatever is fotm, and for them right now, it's Blue Mage. Likewise, they'll now call it both their main job and career job, because it's the thing they're having the most fun with right now.

Where's all the career Samurais at right now? Where's the thieves? Beastmasters? Poof, gone. I haven't partied with a single Samurai since I got back, but when I started playing, there was nothing but.
Right here. I played thf before the one hand update, and I still play thf after the dagger nerf.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep saying it has no weaknesses, I don't think you know what those words mean.

Quote:

Definitely so, and a fair amount of false assumptions with some heated responses. I wouldn't point any fingers though. ^ :)

Fair enough, however it's only to be expected in these situations.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-19 16:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, reading some of these people just chime in for attention is pretty lol.

Afania, Thorn just doesn't play like you or I. He keeps human error/lack of attention to a minimum. So, his experience with something will be vastly different than most people. His will be generally under ideal scenarios.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Right here. I played thf before the one hand update, and I still play thf after the dagger nerf.

You're an awesome outlier then.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-19 16:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep saying it has no weaknesses, I don't think you know what those words mean.
It doesn't have a weakness.
It has an answer for anything and everything.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-19 16:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I'm a BLU main. I was hoping my Burtgang and Epeolatry didn't give that away.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
"Why does this class get A+ in blue magic which is EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME? Why can BLU solo a SIX STEP SKILLCHAIN? Why do they have access to healing? Why do they have an insane amount of mitigation for free? Why do they get barrier tusk? Why do they get A+ in sword while RDM only gets *** B? Why do they get every status effect in the game?"

lol what the ***, please stop posting. It's embarrassing at this point.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Yeah. I'm a BLU main. I was hoping my Burtgang and Epeolatry didn't give that away.

Blue Mage is my main too. Still working on leveling it to 36 though, been stuck on level 35 for a while (curse those goblins).
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-19 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol what the ***, please stop posting. It's embarrassing at this point.
That isn't what I think.
It's what a brand new player to the game thinks. I have no idea if half of that is accurate, but it's what someone "read" people saying. He's brand new, give him a break ;/
Also "stop posting", are you 13 years old?
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-19 16:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your posts don't really make sense Kiaru
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-19 16:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Your posts don't really make sense Kiaru
I'm bad at conveying thoughts through communication, sorry!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so a brand new player will know exactly how the game works right from the getgo and it's usable as evidence in an argument.

Beautiful, thanks for telling me.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so a brand new player will know exactly how the game works right from the getgo and it's usable as evidence in an argument.

Any reason you're being a jerk?

You're a much nicer person to talk to when you're not saying things like that. :( Especially the thing before you edited.

Anyways, let's try to keep the thread on topic at the very least. :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason you're being a jerk?

Because your "I know everything, but in reality am misinformed" demeanor is tiring. You evidently do not have a clear grasp on how things work, and that's fine, but pretending that you do and making nonsensical remarks in almost every one of your posts is ridiculous.

I don't mind being rebutted or challenged by someone who knows what they're talking about, but you do not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-10-19 16:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I hate that you do not play with any Sams, but as far as your statement goes I have continued to play Sam and will do so regardless of this so called flavor of the month ***. Just was talking with my group and literally stated that I (Sam) benefit greatly with a Blue (Stamos). Everything that his Blue brings to the table for group play I gain. Yes the spells are great but what is awesome to me that we can literally do forever multi step skillchains, I dont have to wait on his TP gain etc... People really need to understand that while it is a flexible job it also is advantageous for those that they play with.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-19 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiaru said:
Why can BLU solo a SIX STEP SKILLCHAIN?

Actually, BLU's multi-step SC abilities are one of its inherent weaknesses.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Well I hate that you do not play with any Sams, but as far as your statement goes I have continued to play Sam and will do so regardless of this so called flavor of the month ***

You are awesome then. :D

I like when people play the job they want to play because they like the job, not because it's strong. Although, that line gets blurred a little bit sometimes...
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-19 16:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't partied with a single Samurai since I got back
For SAMs, it's most likely due to the fact that higher level mobs tend to punish you for wanting to Overwhelm, unfortunately. Last mmonth's Normal Ambuscade/Albumen has Guards/Counters, Teles has conal Dispel, Vinipata has conal "if stun resists, good bye non-tanks", Gajasimha has Lithic Breath, etc.. I do have fun on it on fights where I can Overwhelm without feeling threatened, though!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 16:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Well I hate that you do not play with any Sams, but as far as your statement goes I have continued to play Sam and will do so regardless of this so called flavor of the month ***

You are awesome then. :D

I like when people play the job they want to play because they like the job, not because it's strong. Although, that line gets blurred a little bit sometimes...

A lot of the faces I see on the BLU boards are ones that I can remember from as far back as KillingIfrit and early BG. OGs of the trade. I can't speak for everyone but I can say that, for myself, seeing all of the bandwagon BLUs and sheeps muddying up the reputation of the job is aggravating.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11