New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Long Login Times & Lag Ingame
Long Login Times & Lag Ingame
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By aigulfe 2016-09-20 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, I zoned into La Vaule and got the downloading data thing.. seems like i'm stuck there for the mean time. Was able to get onto mules no problem but my main is basically stuck in LaVaule atm. At this past I cant get past the login phase to see if its still stuck. Safe to say that it is.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-09-20 15:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

just got booted, took forever to log back into PoL, then an update? lol emergency update i guess
 Asura.Nazantia
Server: Asura
user: Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-09-20 15:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was afk in Mhaura for hours no problem. Woke up and sat down, changed to Geo and zoned to test some casting set changes outside, forever loading screen. Terminated the client & restarted. Error code 11, can't login.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-09-20 15:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

even after update char won't load, looks like ill have to be productive with my day now. what a shame lol
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-20 15:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudxi said: »
just got booted, took forever to log back into PoL, then an update? lol emergency update i guess

No update here. Fully restarted XI.

How often do you logout? There was an update a few days go about wrong text for this campaign.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-09-20 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Bismarck.Cloudxi said: »

No update here. Fully restarted XI.

so weird, it was like an 8 min update for me
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-20 15:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a no-log-out update a few days back. You've just been logged in a long time.

Also, it's getting worse for me. I can't even log in to POL anymore.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-09-20 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
There was a no-log-out update a few days back. You've just been logged in a long time.

Also, it's getting worse for me. I can't even log in to POL anymore.
well at least that explains the update. i still can't log my char in though. prob doesn't help that i dc while zoning.
 Asura.Nazantia
user: Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-09-20 15:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK if it's related but Blizzard games are all unplayable. Someone is DDOSing connected internet service provider(s)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-09-20 15:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, I didn't want to do Vagary tonight anyway! :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Arcos
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-09-20 15:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hung between Reisenjima and Mhara... Just logged on too.
 Ragnarok.Dani
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lardan
By Ragnarok.Dani 2016-09-20 16:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it was just a bit slow to login, once online i had np checking my mules and zoning around etc (some failed AH searshes)
Got on main and exit MH to lower jeuno got black loading screen and time out error-3001, tryed to get back on main a couple of times but got the msg that same char was already online, so after 4-5 min i got back on a mule and could see my main in LJ when i did a searsh. zoned in to LJ on that mule and got it stuck in black screen aswell. Had this same problem with 1 char stuck in past west sarabaruta a couple of years back. It took 3-4 days before problem fixed itself then.
 Asura.Kublakhan
user: Kublakhan
By Asura.Kublakhan 2016-09-20 16:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like the Great DDoS of 2005 all over again. My connection was okay, a few DCs but not unbearable, until I decided to go to Port Jeuno and upgrade my hat.

Little did I know I was stepping into a soulless void between worlds from which I would never escape
[+]
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2016-09-20 16:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

on 1 char im r0ing alot when swithgin between main/mule and on the other im stuck zoning to south sandy =(
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-20 16:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What did you do the day you were unable to login to FFXI?
Tried to login to FFXI all day.

I'm a horrible person but "Where were you when the world stopped turning [on that September day]?" has been playing in my head the whole time. I even went and youtubed it.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-20 16:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

On a more serious note, the two should be completely unrelated, but a friend lost all his macros today. They were there last night.

Macros are stored on the client, aside from backup. The connection problems, wherever they are, have nothing to do with PoL viewer itself.
 Fenrir.Lynia
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Lynia 2016-09-20 16:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, funny thing, I got stuck zoning into the same place with the same method (Teleport-Dem) as a friend of mine the night before the last update. That update fixed all her login issues, so I'm guessing the same will happen once SE does damage control of everything, as I can only assume all the online gaming of SE is being hit hard.

So I took the last few hours to clean out the gutters and do some yard work! Also read a chapter in a book that is right there on my desk and neglected because there are always things to do in FFXI!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-09-20 16:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Has SE said anything about the issue? Anyone hear?
 Shiva.Jiyou
Server: Shiva
user: Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2016-09-20 16:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to get back to Northern Sand'Oria a couple hours ago and fell into a black abyss too, so i gave up. Was about to log back in but figured i'd check here before, problems still going on?
 Asura.Misono
user: Misono
By Asura.Misono 2016-09-20 16:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's obviously an excuse to extend 15 into the great unknown again.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2016-09-20 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i was experiencing all these problem with my mule just before the last client update.
maybe typhoon, maybe SE crash something
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2016-09-20 16:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
On a more serious note, the two should be completely unrelated, but a friend lost all his macros today. They were there last night.

Macros are stored on the client, aside from backup. The connection problems, wherever they are, have nothing to do with PoL viewer itself.

am i so glad i made a back-up last week lol. but r.i.p. for your friend. they should be in his folder/files. they cant just vanish... i forgot where exactly but google it and youll find it. my pc crashed 2 months ago by some brand new virus that bypassed all my anti-virus programs and i had to save my *** w/ that neat trick. i hope it works for you.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-20 16:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I had troubles tonight to log in.

Often error pol 00011 iirc.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2016-09-20 16:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Now i cant even get past the screen after the PW.

NW Iowa
ISP: Cableone - 100u/25d connection.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2016-09-20 17:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, there's a storm over there (JP) and weather is prolly affecting our connectivity.
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-09-20 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I went into abyssea-uleguerand range and got stuck in the "downloading data..." screen for herzins... I have no problems with my other chars in the same account though... server has kicked me out a few times but I'm unable to get in to at least move zones...
 Fairy.Siknoz
Server: Fairy
user: Siknoz
By Fairy.Siknoz 2016-09-20 17:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be telling tales out of schoool...but believing it to be a routing issue I just loaded up OpenVPN and loaded a Tokyo IP. Ever since then I have had no issues loading and no POL errors...figure I'll just use this until the issue subsides then go back.

Just thought I would mention in case you -realllllly- need to play like I did today.
 Lakshmi.Cherylin
user: Cherylinn
By Lakshmi.Cherylin 2016-09-20 17:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just talked to a GM. He says I have to talk to technical support. Didn't someone talk to technical support and they said to call a GM?

He had no info. He had no idea why. He said my character was not stuck -- it was stuck loading.

I have no words.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-20 17:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

our only option is to sit down and Roast Marshmallows while Storm goes by.

Not much else to do.............