Forum » FFXI » General » Long Login Times & Lag Ingame
Long Login Times & Lag Ingame
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2016-09-20 11:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you SE, its my stupid bday and your even more stupid servers dont allow me to play, the only thing i wanted to do today ><
[+]
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2016-09-20 11:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Been having the log in issue for a couple of days now. Today a lot of people on leviathan getting stuck on the downloading screen when zoning and not able to log back in.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-09-20 11:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
Thank you SE, its my stupid bday and your even more stupid servers dont allow me to play, the only thing i wanted to do today ><
Yeah, who cares about the people who lost their homes, the real issue is that you can't play on your bday...
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-09-20 11:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Yeah, who cares about the people who lost their homes, the real issue is that you can't play on your bday...
I rarely have time to play without having to work or have kids around. Thanks for sharing your superior view of life and the world. I'll remember it next time I dont get what I want.
And oh sorry I just checked the internet, apparently there's a typhoon in Japan, I didnt know. Its not been reported here in the news so also my excuses for not being clairvoyant.
[+]
 Shiva.Jiyou
Server: Shiva
user: Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2016-09-20 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got booted and can't get back in =(

Edit: Just heard about the Typhoon in Japan, hoping everything goes alright for them
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2016-09-20 11:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts an prayers to the Gods go out to the Japanese people who are devastated by Mother Natures acts!!!
 Shiva.Jiyou
Server: Shiva
user: Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2016-09-20 12:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy Birthday!
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2016-09-20 12:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

https://weather.com/storms/typhoon/news/tropical-storm-malakas-w-typhoon-sep2016
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-09-20 12:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So the servers got rocked, like a hurricane?
[+]
By Justuas 2016-09-20 12:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they have same problems in FFXIV too?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-20 12:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The official forums are having comparable issues, I think. Some pages don't work for me. I'm down to a single mule crafting in mog gardens and I don't think I'll be zoning it.
 Asura.Yenrab
user: Yenrab
By Asura.Yenrab 2016-09-20 12:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this explains it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-09-20 12:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I can't get in on any of my chars as it tells me the lobby is busy. My dad can log in with his mules but not his main char.

Also linked the post from the official forum to here. But the more people who post here the better >>> cannot get in to asura from today 20/9/16
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-09-20 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I think it may be more of an issue pertaining to people overseas. I'm in Japan right now on Lakshmi and having 0 issues going into all the zones people have been getting the black screen at, so I imagine it's some infrastructure stuff pertaining to Typhoon Malakas that is passing through.

Twas quite the terrifying amount of rain and wind howling outside my place today. School was cancelled for students, so I had nothing to do my teaching job. I used paid time off so I wouldn't have to risk life and limb to get into work to sit in the teacher's office all day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2016-09-20 12:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

think i'm going to give up for today and get started on those baskets of laundry -__-
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-09-20 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Quote:
PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties (Sept.20,21)
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players may have a difficult time logging into PlayOnline or are disconnected from the server.
The issue is currently under investigation, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we resolve this in a timely manner.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

[Date & Time]
From Sept. 20, 2016 18:08 (PDT)
From Sept. 21, 2016 1:08 (GMT)

[Details]
- Unable to log in to PlayOnline and FINAL FANTASY XI
- Getting disconnected from FINAL FANTASY XI servers

[Cause]
The probable cause for issue is most likely rooted in the fact that too many BLU spells are being cast at once putting servere strain on our servers.

[Affected Service]
- PlayOnline
[+]
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-09-20 13:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't noticed any lag for the last 30~45 min, been able to zone around and switch mules okay. Anyone else still experiencing issues?
By Takisan 2016-09-20 13:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I rarely have time to play without having to work or have kids around. Thanks for sharing your superior view of life and the world. I'll remember it next time I dont get what I want.
And oh sorry I just checked the internet, apparently there's a typhoon in Japan, I didnt know. Its not been reported here in the news so also my excuses for not being clairvoyant.

Just..wow.

My thoughts and payers to the people affected. >< Looks horrible.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-09-20 13:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Leocon said: »
I haven't noticed any lag for the last 30~45 min, been able to zone around and switch mules okay. Anyone else still experiencing issues?

Still out for me.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-09-20 13:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No lag on the characters that I do have logged in, however unable to login another character and going to mules requires multiple login attempts.
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2016-09-20 13:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

Still out for me.

Same, still can't get in.
 Asura.Misono
user: Misono
By Asura.Misono 2016-09-20 13:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

so the blue mages are behind this!! D:!!
 Asura.Catrina
user: Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-09-20 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy birthday!
[+]
 Asura.Catrina
user: Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-09-20 13:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kyogi said: »
Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

Still out for me.

Same, still can't get in.

same. Keeps timing out at "downloading data"
 Fairy.Siknoz
Server: Fairy
user: Siknoz
By Fairy.Siknoz 2016-09-20 13:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In case people were wondering, I spoke to Square customer support :
Agent Erick is standing by.
System 11:00:You are now connected to Agent Erick.
Agent Erick 11:00:Thank you for contacting Square Enix Support Center! May I please have your first name please?
Customer 11:01:xxxxx
Customer 11:02:Hello?
Agent Erick 11:02:Thank you xxxxx, I read your ticket and seems you are getting POL error 3001 correct?
Customer 11:03:Well that is one of the errors, but yes
Agent Erick 11:04:I apologize xxxxx but it seems to be an issue with the Final Fantasy XI servers which are being bombarded by a Typhoon that hit Japan a few hours aho
Customer 11:04:Ok, has there been any official update? Like how long it will be out?
Agent Erick 11:04:We dont know yet due to the weather itself
Agent Erick 11:07:I definitely understand, it is just a matter of unlucky circumstances. I can say to try this.. Log in from a different IP addres or if you trust your friend have him log in to the account and if he is able to load to portal you to Adoulin then log out, and you log back in and that should fix it
Customer 11:07:Unfortunately I don't have another IP address, and my friend is running into the same error I am...it seems we are both stuck.
Customer 11:08:Is it possible to have a GM move our characters?
Agent Erick 11:08:You can try, as it never hurts!
Customer 11:08:I have no problems paying for a month's sub to play 1 day with my friend, but if we can't even log into the game at all or fix the issue...seems a waste.
Customer 11:09:How would I contact a GM outside of the game? Is that not something you can do?
Agent Erick 11:09:Definitely understand but sometimes the weather is not very forgiving.
Agent Erick 11:09:Do you have another character you are able to log into?
Customer 11:09:I do not :
Customer 11:10:I would have to create another character and pay an extra $1 to test that...but without a guarantee that it would work, again seems like I'm wasting more money.
Agent Erick 11:12:Yeah, that I can understand.. Actually it never hurts to try going to your friends home and try logging in there and if it works have your friend log in from your home and see if he is able to log into his character and portal to Adoulin, since it would be 2 different IP addresses for you two.
Customer 11:12:From the ongoing reddit thread and official forum post it seems to only be affecting certain zones, do you happen to have a list of affected zones to avoid?
Customer 11:13:The list I have so far is Bastok Markets, Port Jueno, Upper Jueno, not sure if there is any others.
Agent Erick 11:15:Those are some of the zones, we are listing them since it just started happening today which is when the typhoon hit
Customer 11:15:Where is the list located?
Agent Erick 11:16:We have not had it compiled on any site yet, right now we are collecting data on what zones, and ISPs being affected as well.
Agent Erick 11:17:Which I was trying to look on your ticket xxxxx but you did not let it be known, who is your ISP?
Customer 11:17:Ok, well in case it hasn't been added, I'm on Comcast in the Seattle area, (northwest)
Agent Erick 11:17:Thank you xxxxx
Customer 11:17:So basically for me it's just wait it out and hope it recovers soon?
Customer 11:18:Also I didn't see an answer to my question earlier, is there a way to contact a GM outside the game? Or is in game the only way right now?
Agent Erick 11:18:There is no way to do it besides in game.
Customer 11:18:I see
Customer 11:19:Well if possible please pass along to your lead PR folks to give updates in the official thread if they get any information...I know there's quite a few people on stand by.
Customer 11:20:That's it for now, I'll try out your suggestions and see if it works. Thanks Erick

So looks like we're boned for now till the weather fixes itself.
[+]
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-09-20 14:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Server is *** up. 2nd black screen today and it takes forever to recover.

Escha Zitah might be one of the problematic areas. I wouldn't go there now.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-20 14:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Agent Erick I want you to stand up from your cubicle. Exit the room you are in on the 3rd floor. Walk down the hallway to your right. At the T intersection make a left. Enter the room at the end of the hall on the right. Tell the GMs my problem. Then take the stairs on your left and have a smoke break on me. K thnx bye.

Would scare the crap out of him.
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2016-09-20 14:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Warped to Behemoths Domain, for try #22 on dring and kicked, cant get back in ;;
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-09-20 14:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[Hmmmm]

Straight in without a hitch on that attempt. UNTIL I tried to get in with the mule stuck in downloading data blackscreen limbo. Timed out errors and booted.

That's the only character I want to do anything with so it's silly logging in just to kill time.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-20 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What's really interesting to me is that one account can get all the way to Downloading Data but the other has trouble logging into PoL even. This has been true for my attempts 3 hours ago and my attempt just now.

Same machine and everything, doesn't matter which I try first.