2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ARME Weapons
ARME Weapons
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Nocki 2016-09-08 01:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure I can agree with Carnwenhan and Daurdabla.
Carn doesn't add much to a non-mule BRD.
It's nice but in an era where monsters were dispelling songs left and right, (Incursion, Vagary etc) Carn wasn't really that useful.
It doesn't change the job nor it does add much other than QoL for the BRD who has to sing less often leaving him more time to do... other things.
But that "other things" often turns up into being "nothing" in many scenarios.

Daurdabla, before Terpander was added, was the most job changing item ever added in game, rivaling Idris, arguably stronger than Idris.

If we measure a support RMEA utility by how much it improves the job compared to the same job without it, then Daurdabla is insanely balanced.
Normally a BRD can sing 2 songs, with Daurdabla it can sing 4. That's double the amount.
Being in a party with a Daurdabla BRD was like being in a SEVEN man party, like being in pt with TWO bards instead of one.
If that's not insanely broken I dunno what is.

Things changed a bit since Terpander was added, as I mentioned, plus BRD is semiuseless these days, changing a lot the perception of how useful it is.
But in general Daurdabla is one of the most jobchanging RMEA in this game.

Again, I'm considering the meta when I have things like this listed. Often times the reason you even bother to take a bard over some other job is to sleep something, and having carn contributes to that quite nicely on top of being able to have songs up for full duration of nitro cooldown. I'm a bit biased, because all the brds I know (except one) are multiboxers so having carn is more useful than having 1 extra song.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-08 01:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

Vajra Is still amazing for thief. Stp sets are no laughing matter. The problem with it though I don't feel anyone should pursue it unless being serious into thief since they can perform so good getting Aenas instead. Also note anywhere you can't take advantage of AM3 on Vajra really hurts it.

This was stated in the THF thread we last debated this. What STP set is someone equipping with Vajra that you do not already equip with Aeneas?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-08 01:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Carn for extra duration on SV songs for 150 melee content and VD Intense Ambuscade more than T/N lullaby, but obviously that's not exactly a common use. An LS that's gotten enough practice to reliably kill Albumen and Vinipata over half the time shouldn't *need* the extra sleep duration that Carn provides, but it's definitely very nice to have regardless.

And yeah, it's also nice for us lazy multi-boxers that only want to sing every 10 mins!
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-08 01:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Vajra Is still amazing for thief. Stp sets are no laughing matter. The problem with it though I don't feel anyone should pursue it unless being serious into thief since they can perform so good getting Aenas instead. Also note anywhere you can't take advantage of AM3 on Vajra really hurts it.

This was stated in the THF thread we last debated this. What STP set is someone equipping with Vajra that you do not already equip with Aeneas?

Did Aeneas magically get OAT since this thread started?
By Nocki 2016-09-08 01:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's moreso that with Twash/Aeonas Mainhand you have to gear more for multi attack than you would with Vajra. And people always use the 500 TP Bonus as a selling point, which is understandeable but you would also be stacking more sTP ideally and therefore still weaponskill at somewhere close to 1500. At least, that's what one of my LS mates argued when I was saying Sequence and Tizona were close.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-08 02:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »

I think it's moreso that with Twash/Aeonas Mainhand you have to gear more for multi attack than you would with Vajra. And people always use the 500 TP Bonus as a selling point, which is understandeable but you would also be stacking more sTP ideally and therefore still weaponskill at somewhere close to 1500. At least, that's what one of my LS mates argued when I was saying Sequence and Tizona were close.

And my argument is in BiS scenarios there is no gear switch.

ItemSet 344092

Here's BiS Aeneas/Twash TP set. What do you switch around if you're Vajra/Twash?

No, but it does have STP. And THF already has the DA/TA of gods. 26% in +TA in the gear above, 19% from traits/gifts.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-08 02:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to tier RMEA in the way you're doing is foolish. The value of each weapon depends on the situation. People will weigh them differently due to how they perceive the importance of different situations. I would also assert that the established tiers are mostly parroted rubbish. Tizona, for example, receives overwhelming praise yet it's rarely better than Sequence for a particular situation. Topics like this just feed into that myopic nonsense.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-08 02:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The BiS TP gear is the same for both weapons.
By Nocki 2016-09-08 02:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Trying to tier RMEA in the way you're doing is foolish. The value of each weapon depends on the situation. People will weigh them differently due to how they perceive the importance of different situations. I would also assert that the established tiers are mostly parroted rubbish. Tizona, for example, receives overwhelming praise yet it's rarely better than Sequence for a particular situation. Topics like this just feed into that myopic nonsense.

Pretty sure a majority of people have concluded that Almace Main off Sequence is generally best. The purpose of this topic was just to see if/why people agreed/disagreed and the list was used to inform people of what they should be working towards for their job based on the current meta.
By Nocki 2016-09-08 02:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's BiS Aeneas/Twash TP set. What do you switch around if you're Vajra/Twash?

No, but it does have STP. And THF already has the DA/TA of gods. 26% in +TA in the gear above, 19% from traits/gifts.

The BiS TP gear is the same for both weapons.

Beats me then~
I just know SA/TA bonus is pretty significant on ws, and that AM3 from twash main is also pretty nice on white damage.
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-09-08 02:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure a majority of people have concluded that Almace Main off Sequence is generally best. The purpose of this topic was just to see if/why people agreed/disagreed and the list was used to inform people of what they should be working towards for their job based on the current meta.

I think Sequence main is better, at least my friend with it as main can beat all blus that use almace main and sequence off.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-08 02:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, when factoring in skillchain damage, Tizona/Almace will be the strongest option, but Almace/Sequence is certainly a powerful combination. However, an Almace main-hand requires AM3 to perform optimally, which is the same drawback as people always bring up for Tizona. Obviously the difference between AM1-3 on Almace is far less significant than that of AM1-3 on Tizona, but it's still important to clarify when talking about this subject.

Asura.Umisame said: »
I think Sequence main is better, at least my friend with it as main can beat all blus that use almace main and sequence off.

Sequence main-hand is not bad, but its strength is limited due to BLU's subpar multi-stepping capabilities. Not to mention how absurdly weak Requiescat is.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-08 02:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what happened with blu sword is that if you have almace its probably the best mainhand most of the time, so sequence is offhand and replaceable with well augmented colada afaik.

On the otherhand Tizona still has utility that can't be found anywhere else. If I'm a career blu with all the best gears I would probably rate Almace > Tiz > Sequence as well, even though tiz blu may not outparse other swords in SR.

I agree that the order of importance is very subjective though, more importantly it changes depending on how many REMA you already own for that job. Like if you have zero REMA on blu maybe making an almace or sequence(if you like doing aeonic NMs more than gil grind)will be give the job more boost on anything ppl use blu on. But if you already own almace and a good offhand tiz gives bigger boost for the job as a whole because of utility.
By Nocki 2016-09-08 02:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

Sequence main-hand is not bad, but its strength is limited due to BLU's subpar multi-stepping capabilities. Not to mention how absurdly weak Requiescat is.

I'm pretty sure that the only jobs where you would even factor in use of ultimate skillchain when mainhanding aeonic are SAM and DRG.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-08 02:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Edit: Also, while +block gear would theoretically help Aegis and Priwen tremendously, we've tested that it is not added after block floor. So, if your unfloored block rate is negative, +block will actually do nothing.

Wow this just blew my mind. I focused so much on getting Block augs during the first DM camapign for Aegis for this reason.

Thanks for the info.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-08 02:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't find myself using Tizona at all anymore aside from 3-boxing Fomor Vagary zone, really. That's just me and what events I do in the game, though. Maybe other people do things where they actually have to worry about MP.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-08 02:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And my argument is in BiS scenarios there is no gear switch.

ItemSet 344092

You could replace almost all visible body pieces with Herculean augmented with stp along with using a belt like Reiki Koshiobi. Also use Chirich Ring +1. Obviously still want to maintain some Multi, but the options become so much more for STP gain with Vajra. But again, I stated the undervalue of STP to a Vajra owner. I'm not building one because I like the aeonic. I would never however make statements like the TP sets are the same with both daggers when AM3 is up. I can't give you conclusive gear sets since I'm responding o my phone and not looking at a spreadsheet, but that was just eying significant STP differences.
By Afania 2016-09-08 02:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure that the only jobs where you would even factor in use of ultimate skillchain when mainhanding aeonic are SAM and DRG.

Why can't other jobs use ultimate SC :O
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-08 02:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to rate mandau cry tier and move Tupsimati to B as its just a shiny stun and enfeeble weapon at this point.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-08 02:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If the current meta is just unquantified parroted gibberish, what's the point?

There are reports of JP groups using solo NIN DD to clear Tumult Curator using Radiance skillchains.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-08 02:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're not factoring in skillchain bonuses when discussing Sequence main-hand, it's going to fall very behind very quickly. BLU already has ridiculous STP values for a 1-hand job, and the strength of TP bonus for CDC has diminished quite a bit due to just how much DEX and crit gear we currently have. If we're discussing weaponskills like Savage, then that TP bonus is great, but that's a whole other discussion to have.
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-09-08 02:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on what are you doing but in most battles you arent going to use requiescat for umbra SC just CdC spam.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-08 02:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You could replace almost all visible body pieces with Herculean augmented with stp along with using a belt like Reiki Koshiobi. Also use Chirich Ring +1. Obviously still want to maintain some Multi, but the options become so much more for STP gain with Vajra. But again, I stated the undervalue of STP to a Vajra owner. I'm not building one because I like the aeonic. I would never however make statements like the TP sets are the same with both daggers when AM3 is up. I can't give you conclusive gear sets since I'm responding o my phone and not looking at a spreadsheet, but that was just eying significant STP differences.

No, you need to use Adhemar jacket for the Dual Wield. If you switch to Herc body you are no longer delay capped which is a big no no. You also lose significant amounts of accuracy and TA+4.

STP is very valuable for a THF period, doesn't matter your weapon. And while we're talking about how great STP is for THF, notice how much is on Aeneas?
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-08 02:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you need to use Adhemar jacket for the Dual Wield. If you switch to Herc body you are no longer delay capped which is a big no no. You also lose significant amounts of accuracy and TA+4.

STP is very valuable for a THF period, doesn't matter your weapon. And while we're talking about how great STP is for THF, notice how much is on Aeneas?

Reiki Koshiobi gives DW................... Aeonic gives 10 vs the plethora more you can get than that. I feel you are arguing no aug herc gear vs your adhemar and herc gear with ta augs. Seems somewhat unfair. STP becomes more and more valuable the more multi you get. AM3 on Vajra opens those doors more. Without AM3 you should desire a certain amount of multi first. Something which spreadsheets are great for because you can more easily find the sweet spot.

This is really getting off topic since this is a known fact and should further be discussed in the thief thread if you want.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-08 02:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Reiki Koshiobi gives DW................... Aeonic gives 10 vs the plethora more you can get than that.

So give up TA/QA in the belt so you can get what exactly in the trade off between Adhemar Jacket +1 vs Herc? You might want to look at the gear and the stat differences to really argue this point. You won't even be getting 10 STP with that gear change you're offering there. So you'd be losing TA/QA and STP.

Edit: I misread your comment and you meant Herc in all 5 slots, so let's break this down:

Head: No native melee stats, compared to Adhemar Bonnet +1 you'd need an augment with at least 25 accuracy and would be trading TA+4 for STP+6/7ish?

Body: Wholly impossible for you to keep up with Adhemar+1's accuracy, you lose the DW, and trade TA+4 for roughly 10 STP.

Hands: Adhemar Wristbands+1 already have max Herc aug and TA+4, so you basically trade a whole bunch of accuracy to lose a couple TA.

Feet: Already using herc, so trade TA+4 for STP+6/7

So in this scenario you're likely trading 40-70 accuracy and 12% TA for 14* STP, so you can keep up AM3, which like Tizona, makes it very dependent on the fight and if that matters. And then have to get to 1750 TP to really hit hard with THF WS.

Yeah, I'll keep my low maint, always useful, always beneficial Aeneas and keep rocking things with it, thanks.

Edit 2: Forgot to factor in Aeneas buffs.
 Asura.Cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-08 02:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i tried brainstorming that you gain 19 stp with a 6 auged herc head body but gave up 10 triple 2 quad and likely alot of acc and 1 crit% 6 six crit att but with am3 that could be something. VS Aeonic daggers 10
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-08 02:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Reiki Koshiobi gives DW................... Aeonic gives 10 vs the plethora more you can get than that.

So give up TA/QA in the belt so you can get what exactly in the trade off between Adhemar Jacket +1 vs Herc? You might want to look at the gear and the stat differences to really argue this point. You won't even be getting 10 STP with that gear change you're offering there. So you'd be losing TA/QA and STP.

Edit: I misread your comment and you meant Herc in all 5 slots, so let's break this down:

Head: No native melee stats, compared to Adhemar Bonnet +1 you'd need an augment with at least 25 accuracy and would be trading TA+4 for STP+6/7ish?

Body: Wholly impossible for you to keep up with Adhemar+1's accuracy, you lose the DW, and trade TA+4 for roughly 10 STP.

Hands: Adhemar Wristbands+1 already have max Herc aug and TA+4, so you basically trade a whole bunch of accuracy to lose a couple TA.

Feet: Already using herc, so trade TA+4 for STP+6/7

So in this scenario you're likely trading 40-70 accuracy and 12% TA for 14* STP, so you can keep up AM3, which like Tizona, makes it very dependent on the fight and if that matters. And then have to get to 1750 TP to really hit hard with THF WS.

Yeah, I'll keep my low maint, always useful, always beneficial Aeneas and keep rocking things with it, thanks.

Edit 2: Forgot to factor in Aeneas buffs.

No actually, I did not state all visible slots. I said you could replace almost all visible slots. There is obviously some quite apparent that you would not. So your calculations are completely off, while also negating the rings I pointed out and the extra acc from the waste. You are literally now just arguing whatever you can. You argue one thing in other posts, than don't include in your faulty breakdown. You then go on like someone is telling you not you use Aeneas. Am I being trolled now? Again though, please take it to the thf thread.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-08 03:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No actually, I did not state all visible slots. I said you could replace almost all visible slots. There is obviously some quite apparent that you would not. So your calculations are completely off, while also negating the rings I pointed out and the extra acc from the waste. You are literally now just arguing whatever you can. You argue one thing in other posts, than don't include in your faulty breakdown. You then go on like someone is telling you not you use Aeneas. Am I being trolled now? Again though, please take it to the thf thread.

Pretty sure this thread is about weapon rankings, there's plenty of BLU sword discussion, why is THF discussion being told to go to the THF thread? This is a weapon discussion thread, I think discussing weapons is within the scope of the thread.
 Asura.Cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-08 03:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya but also dropping all that triple att gonna hit your offhand for multi hits as well in tp phase
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-09-08 03:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Each weapon has a good use. Also, a lot of weapons aren't even on that tier list. Depending on the situation, each weapon can be good. There is no "this weapon is good for every little thing/situation". If you want the best tier wise for your job, get everything so you have a wide variety of tools for your arsenal. That alone will make you better optimized for a situation.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7