If YOU Could Be A Developer For The Next Year...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-09-21 01:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

-Would love to see them turn some of the rarely visisted but still great zones into instanced dungeons. (there are literally tens of zones from OG/Zilart/CoP era to use)

So instead of the adoulin/salvage style dungeons of endless samey hallways, we'll get to play through ilvl Palborough Mines or King Ranperre's tomb with a nice boss fight at the end.

-Basic party commands for trusts, and or some way to better control trust actions. And or how healer trusts behave and where they stand.

-Unlock extra merit categories/putting more merit points into jobs

- Make BRD relevant again

- Fill out the SMN bloodpacts with some new ones
 Bismarck.Dhorren
Server: Bismarck
user: Dorren1
By Bismarck.Dhorren 2016-09-21 07:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The ability to merit elemental resistances is something i'd implement, probably stick it in the "Other" category since it's always seemed kind of empty to me. Also merits for Trusts.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-09-21 14:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Part 3 for what I would add / change to Monstrosity:

13) Skillchains. This is a somewhat difficuly thing to realize on some monsters, but I think it can be done. Since Monipulators don't lose ALL TP when they perform a weaponskill, I honestly don't know why this wasn't a thing in the first place...

14) Monipulator vs Monipulator mode. In this mode, you can fight other monipulators in a BCNM-like arena. Infamy is not lost when you lose. Instead, there are two versions of this mode:
- Practice
- Challenge
In Practice mode you face against one monipulator. This is more or less a mode for fun and experimentation. Just to see if your monster + instinct set is up for a tough fight or not.
In Challenge mode you can choose the format. It can either be one on one, two on two or three on three. When the battle is over, every participant will be awared an amount of infamy based on how well they did in the fight. The winning team might even win an augmentable piece of equipment...
How the fights are arrenged is rather simple. Either a menu option in the Feretory to create your party or an option from one of the NPC's there to arrange things.

15) Ultimate monster rewards. If you level every monster available of a single family to level 99, you get awarded with an ultimate monster of said family. A few examples are the caturae species, all the Wildkeeper reive bosses and the Shadowlord (for Beastmen).
By Korvana 2016-10-05 21:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Open Olzhirya for exploration. Gha Naboh would look like Kazham (wooden walkways) but multi-tiered and larger. Elshimo Island already showed the rainforest climate, so Tsahya would be mostly savannah, shrubland, and tropical dry forest, with a heavy population of beasts and lizards.

After the events of Chains of Promathia, you receive a missive from Mhag that she has discovered Zilartian structures on the island. The primary plot conflict would be the ruler, Koja Zwhan, maintaining an iron grip on Gha Naboh's populace (via tradition, religion, and Sin Hunter missions) for fear of a curious Mithra accidentally awakening some unknown evil. Unlike Adoulin there is no outward push, and unlike Aht Urhgan there is no imminent danger, only Mhag's feeling that the Matriarchate is corrupt to the core, having been a Sin Hunter herself and witnessing the brash and unjust decisions of Koja.

Having completed Treasures of Aht Urhgan allows the player to complete the second half, as Naja "Salaheem" Zhwan lends credibility to your findings, and her being royal family helps to disrupt Koja's authority over the Sin Hunters.

I just came up with that over 15 minutes but I think it would be promising.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-14 13:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Coronos said: »
Every thread always ends up being a discussion-debate about BLU.

Developer for a year >> Job adjustments >> nerf BLU.
September 2016 update >> changes to the game >> nerf BLU.
Random thoughts. What are you thinking? >> Couldn't get my DRG in a party >> nerf BLU.
Suggestions to improve FFXIAH >> admins make sure threads are on topic >> nerf BLU.
Politics Trillary >> MAKE MELEES GREAT AGAIN >> nerf BLU.
Kind of what happens when a job has literally everything and no weakness in a game where that isn't supposed to be a thing.

Bluemage and geo in their current states just blow my mind.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Figster
Server: Ragnarok
user: polorat12
By Ragnarok.Figster 2016-10-14 17:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM IS THE CAUSE OF ALL OUR PROBLEMS, IT STARTED THIS DPS RACE! NERF WHM!
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-10-15 02:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If I could make one single change:

When initiating "instanced" content, or things like Geas Fete, or any other sort of forced pop content level >99 fight, the jobs of the party/alliance that popped are recorded.

When said content is defeated, those jobs are compared against a list of their frequency of usage in said content wherein a victory is achieved. For each job that is not in the top 8 jobs used, drop rates/rewards are increased. For each unique job used, drop rates/rewards are increased.

These increases should not be dramatic. To give an Ambuscade example, since Hallmarks/Gallantry are a very, very easy way to give an example, each of the above could give a +2% bonus to Hallmarks and Gallantry, stacking together up to +24% for a party using none of the 8 most used jobs, and having no duplicate jobs.

This would provide incentive for using jobs other than whatever the current flavor of the month is. It would provide incentive for using jobs that are perfectly capable of completing the content, but you get 10s better clear time using job X instead of it. It would provide incentive for taking along people who you have no use for, say, if you have a 3 man static that can trio most content.

Taking three extra bodies along, who do not use the most used jobs, would increase the rewards, but more importantly, would allow people to play on the jobs they prefer to play on instead of the ones the more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE members of the community demand 'cause "they're the best", like that one time a mythic MNK got turned down for a Morimar delve run (after the rme119 patch) because the party leader had never heard of Glanzfaust and insisted "Oatixur is the best, you noob".

For other, non-ambuscade content, their could be an increase in drop rates into the party pool, and then for having non of the 8 most played jobs, an added personal loot slot, and the same for having six unique jobs.

The tl;dr is that there are way too many people who refuse to take anything but very specific cookie cutter ***, even when other set ups not only are perfectly capable of completing said content, but can actually do it faster or more safely.

Something has to be done to give the player base some reason to be willing, or event want, to take unpopular jobs. Especially because often times they're just not the FotM, or, again, a lot of people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

edited for spelling.

addendum: Loot would need to be locked to the popping party/ies for content like Geas Fete.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 15:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Make Daken work with any ranged weapon! It would be the best thing ever for cor, I'd personally give physical pleasure to the dev team for that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2016-10-15 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
physical pleasure

Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-15 16:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would start banning the accounts of every single player that asked for a job to be nerfed.

Then i would stop being lazy and buff all broken melee jobs, rdm and brd so they could be desired for endgame.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 14:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Item-related
  • The following changes have been made to the key item Rhapsode in Mauve:

• Voidwatch: Increases the frequency at which the bearer may accrue voidstones.
      Reduces stone accrument time by 11 hours.
      *When a player is in possession of the key items vivid periapt of exploration and dusky periapt of exploration, Voidstone will be accured once every hour (Earth time).

System-related
  • When trading Voiddust to the NPC Voidwatch Officer Voidstone stock will be increased.

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-18 15:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

we get it, you're salty about SE not making an incredibly easy event with super high reward rates also spammable indefinitely
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-18 16:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
I would start banning the accounts of every single player that asked for a job to be nerfed.

Then i would stop being lazy and buff all broken melee jobs, rdm and brd so they could be desired for endgame.

This, but with a poroggo's magic hammer animation that bonks them on the head and then their character shrinks down into nothing, eventually disappearing; or maybe they'd get absorbed into the hammer, idk. It would have a very loud audible sound. ;)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [225 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2017-06-01 02:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Make new job master trials:
-All abyssea bosses and shinryu

=Wings of the goddess boss lilieth lilisanna copys of your group,

make a reward for completing all master trials objectives:

choose one for reward
Neck
all jobs
refresh2

earring
all jobs
return magic damage dealt to mp2%

ring
regain+10

ammo
damage taken converted to MP3%

make new jobs:

Mystic
Magic based bow only archer, would have access to aeonic bow
simular to red mage mixed with dancer. kinda like Native american tribe elder (enspired by final fantasy4 rosa, also i feel the game needs more ranged characters)

Oracle
uses Staff, dark magic and divine magic based, gets access to barrier targetable damage shield, good support for magic bursts.
gets spells that weaponskill darkness.

Judge
Uses staff, club, sword, spear, hand 2 hand uses different weapon stances to increase its damage as well as opposite weapon types of other players in party.

Fanatic
Uses Spear, Scythe and Hand 2 Hand.
deals damage based on missing HP%
Physical party support stronger then geo/brd/cor

increase alliance formations from 3 groups, to 4.
By geigei 2017-06-01 02:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would merge all servers in to one and watch it burn.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-01 02:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I would merge all servers in to one and watch it burn.

I mean, that's already Asura...
[+]
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-06-01 05:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking magical christmas land:

A UI overhaul would make me happy. Not being able to fit the entire name of a spell/ability into a macro title drives me insane, and the default window color options are pretty bad. :(

Condense all Moogle Slips into a single slip, then have the gear categories in the menu that opens when you trade the slip to the Moogle.

Allow Temper to target party members. Allow Haste to work with Accession.

I've always liked the idea of multiple SMNs being able to summon Bahamut together, similarly to how multiple BLMs can cast Meteor together. Mega Flare damage could be based off MP consumed by all participants or something.

Some type of job revisions/balancing that only applies inside of Brenner to make PvP more balanced/playable. They could incorporate some type of Ambuscade-esque reward system for participation/victories.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-01 06:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Odaru said: »
I've always liked the idea of multiple SMNs being able to summon Bahamut together, similarly to how multiple BLMs can cast Meteor together. Mega Flare damage could be based off MP consumed by all participants or something.
That's not how Meteor works.....

Edit: Meaning that a solo BLM can cast Meteor, you don't have to rely on others to cast it. Having a solo SMN Bahamut would be better for the party than a group SMN Bahamut.
By OmniKroe 2017-06-01 06:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gambit system from ffxii for trusts (control)

Remove playonline viewer.
Allow access to config while the game is open. (Put config inside the game)
Bring it to mobile.
By fonewear 2017-06-01 07:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make monk relevant again.

Add new summons for summoner.

Give bard better songs.

Make red mage more of a fighter less of a caster.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-01 07:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Free candy for all
[+]
By billnes 2017-06-01 08:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A system outside of the game - perhaps inside the account
management system - that would categorize every mission & quest in
the game. Each category would then be listed in sequential order.
The title of any mission or quest that you missed would be
displayed in a different color or perhaps have an asterisk next to
it. With such a system in place, if you missed something (have a
broken mission / quest chain) that's not allowing you to make
progress, you would have the option to purchase the completion of
that mission or quest with Crysta or a credit card.

If's a minor quest, somewhere in the ball park of $1.00 to $2.50
for each one sounds about right. If it's a mission, something
that's a bit more significant, a ball park of $3.00 to $4.50 for
each sounds about right.

A single ring that gives players the equivalent of the Game
Master's //invul command. Why? To permit players that are far
behind to solo-kill everything that they would need to catch
up to the bulk of the playerbase.
By billnes 2017-06-01 18:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I play RDM, so I like this idea....
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-06-01 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fix monk.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-01 18:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
fonewear said: »

I play RDM, so I like this idea....

It seems the monster Stormblood expansion coming for FFXIV has a pretty nice looking RDM.

[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-06-01 19:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Search function on AH like from XIV
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-06-01 19:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Spend the first 11 months balancing all jobs. Then spend last month releasing new jobs and let se take it from there
By Blazed1979 2017-06-01 19:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
Make new job master trials:
-All abyssea bosses and shinryu

=Wings of the goddess boss lilieth lilisanna copys of your group,

make a reward for completing all master trials objectives:

choose one for reward
Neck
all jobs
refresh2

earring
all jobs
return magic damage dealt to mp2%

ring
regain+10

ammo
damage taken converted to MP3%

make new jobs:

Mystic
Magic based bow only archer, would have access to aeonic bow
simular to red mage mixed with dancer. kinda like Native american tribe elder (enspired by final fantasy4 rosa, also i feel the game needs more ranged characters)

Oracle
uses Staff, dark magic and divine magic based, gets access to barrier targetable damage shield, good support for magic bursts.
gets spells that weaponskill darkness.

Judge
Uses staff, club, sword, spear, hand 2 hand uses different weapon stances to increase its damage as well as opposite weapon types of other players in party.

Fanatic
Uses Spear, Scythe and Hand 2 Hand.
deals damage based on missing HP%
Physical party support stronger then geo/brd/cor

increase alliance formations from 3 groups, to 4.

add a shield that has reflect on it and an ammo that has occasionally attacks 5-8 and I concur.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12