If YOU Could Be A Developer For The Next Year...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-05 16:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You forgot to tell me to go kill myself again Stilz.
Maybe if I was illiterate, unoriginal, and we were all in middle school special ed classes together.

That was one of the mouth foamers that couldn't handle the vast amounts of Woah, Nelly!
coming from my suggestion to update the command API in order to make Gearswap irrelevant.

I can't help it if people can't read and start shitting their pants every time I post something.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-05 16:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just waiting for the mods to either lock this thread or do some cleanup.

/waits for a few of his posts to go missing.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-05 16:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
Bahamut.Odaru said: »
I was just curious what your thoughts in regards to Windower/3rd party programs/tools were?
Were the other posts not detailed enough? lol

I'm pretty sure that no one, SE included, ultimately gives two shits if you're using Windower to alt tab and bump draw distances/resolutions. While the original devs were clearly going for complete immersion, it doesn't look like they've made any effort to update those kind of features at a basic level and it doesn't look like they will any time soon.

Windower itself doesn't alter gameplay. It doesn't inject packets before/after they would normally be sent to the server and it doesn't automate any feature drastically beyond standard operation. But at the same time, everything involving Windower/addons/etc. is currently in a gray-area concerning their ToS as it applies to FFXI. The issue with Windower and friends that their devs were worried about is that it allows for other scripts to be executed in ways that impact gameplay and server stability beyond what would be considered normal. Seeing as the game is fifteen years old, coders with too much time on their hands have essentially cracked their source and server and have been using it to write all sorts of scripts that affect the game beyond normal means.

So, what is okay and what isn't and where does it need to stop?
Or does the almighty dollar supercede their own Terms of Service?

They need to update their ToS to reflect the game in its current state, or put their foot down and say, hey, writing a script that bypasses the console features entirely and automates equipment changes isn't something we want you to be doing with our game. Until that happens, essentially everyone using anything beyond the base game is violating their ToS and subject to having their accounts terminated for doing so.

And ten years ago, they would've aborted your account faster than Dr. Deleteus without a second thought.
It's kind of like federal law saying marijuana is an illegal substance and state law saying, "lol it isn't here".

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Most of us are here talking about how we could move the game forward if we were a developer for a year.

Deleting script hacking scummers is progressive action and I personally find great joy in doing so.
Don't forget that integrity is dead and our generation killed it!

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
There is the letter of the law, and there is the law which is enforced.
Gee, doc, sometimes I feel like I'm trying to explain legally binding documents to eight year olds raised by illiterate alcoholics.

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
FIX Monk H2H DMG to its former glory or at least to some Descent DMG

Speaking of illiteracy, I think that fedora is choking the oxygen supply to your brain.

It gets really hard being right all the time.
No, wait! That's just my penis.

LOL

Anyways, just making an statement as MNK H2H been Severely Nerf'd
and you might wanna ease up the Fedora or you might end up losing all Sensibility on it.

Seek a Doctor (Could be serious).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-05 16:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm just waiting for the mods to either lock this thread or do some cleanup.

/waits for a few of his posts to go missing.

I'd prefer that my thread not get locked if at all possible. I get that people have varied opinions, suggestions and whatnot, but the core and purpose of this thread contains a lot of interesting thought processes (with regards to the OP).

If the mods needs to clean up unnecessary nonsense then great, but the thread itself was doing fine until it got derailed.

#2gilsworth
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-05 17:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just calm down and stop provoking Stiltz, and in turn, Stiltz, perhaps find a better use for your time. The discussions that are had about 3rd Party Tool users never swing to side for the people that don't/won't/or even dislike them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-05 19:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Stiltz, perhaps find a better use for your time.
But I'm really good at what I do!

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
  • Update the macro command API and permanently break Gearswap support.

• Modernize successful pre-existing content into brand spankin' new content.

• Add an interface for tracking debuffs between party members and enemies.

• Design an improved buff tracking interface.

• Fix the waiting period for resummoning trusts after inviting players.

• Add a dark scenario featuring the Zodiac demons and Altima, Arch Seraph as top-tier challenge fights. Defeating all of them would unlock an even higher difficulty match with Hades (not the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE dragon *** from Adoulin); enabling players to summon him through Astral Flow, inflicting devastating enfeebling effects (even on high level NMs), once defeated.

• Make a short storyline scenario ending with high level encounters ultimately allowing players to access Bahamut as a reasonably-sized summon with Absolute Terror (ST-Fear/Ward), Rage of Bahamut (Party Regain/Ward), Earthshaker (AoE-Bind/Earth Damage), Impulse (ST-Blind/Light Damage), Tempest Wing (AoE-Choke/Wind Damage), Trample (ST-Phys), and Megaflare (AF); and Phoenix as an Astral Flow summon using Rebirth Flame to deal fire damage and revive dead party members within a large radius.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-05 19:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Here, you see a man kicking a bear in the nuts. Let's watch him get mangled to shreds.

Enjoy the shitshow.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-05 19:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh no skin off my knees.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-05 19:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But, but, the carnage.....

/sulks away from the Buzz Killington Mod.
 Odin.Sayle
Server: Odin
user: Sayle
By Odin.Sayle 2017-06-05 23:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1. I'd implement a sweet executive chair in my office because it's comfortable.

2. I'd collect that phat check and use it to stockpile PS Vitas.

3. I'd ban Llewelyn because that would be funny.

4. I'd implement a cash shop with everything from cosmetics to RMEAs, cuz Matsui's crew can't paint their nails and eat bon bons all day without stacks of cash.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By whitemage 2017-06-12 13:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make new JSE rings.

Shieldmaiden's bague d'armes

[Finger]
HP+130 VIT+12 DEF+30 Evasion-100
Enemy critical hit rate -10%
"Shield Mastery"+3
"Shield Def. Bns."+1
Shield skill+10
"Slow"+10% Enmity+10
Increases "Reprisal" duration+3
Damage taken -5%
Chance of successful block +3
Reduces distance knocked back +3
Reduces movement speed

Lv.99 PLD

シールドマデンのリングアーム

HP+130 VIT+12 防+30 回避-100
被クリティカルヒット-10% シールドマスタリー+3
エクストリームガード+1 盾スキル+10
スロウ+10% 敵対心+10
リアクト効果時間+3 被ダメージ-5%
盾発動率+3 ノックバック軽減+3
移動速度ダウン

Lv.99 ナ

Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-12 14:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would implement a separate zone or instance for Ambuscade soloers. This way they are kept in a different queue from the main 'line'.

I would also change or differentiate the zone name so that people farming materials in Legion aren't automatically assumed to be soloing Ambuscade.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-06-15 21:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyone on this forum that is an artist?

I have ideas for 3 new NMs that I'd like to have drawings for each one. I don't want to drop any hints just yet because the place I'd like for them to be fought in doesn't exist yet. These NMs are just a few of the ones I'd introduce in a new area of an already existing type of zone.

If any artists are interested in making some drawings, please send me a PM and I'll share what's on my mind.

***ninja edit*** Sorry if my post seems extremely vague, but the zone idea would be a dead giveaway on what the 3 NMs would be.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12