If YOU Could Be A Developer For The Next Year...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-06-01 21:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Uncapped Job Specific merit points, so we can spend 30 mins and cap everything.

Accession > Haste/Flurry

Aldoquium increased to 30TP/tic, with gear to increase it, capping at 100TP/tic

Use potions/medicines on party members

Gear that increases cure potency also increases HP recovednfrom potions.

Phoenix Downs

Level 99 mission rings and earrings. Rajas Ring, Suppanomimi, etc.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-06-02 00:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Odaru said: »
Condense all Moogle Slips into a single slip, then have the gear categories in the menu that opens when you trade the slip to the Moogle.

Yeah this. If they can't just make it a straight up Key Item instead of an actual item, one big *** slip sounds good to me. If people don't like it, don't make em combine their slips with moogle magic.

As far as content goes, why not make new Sinister Reigns? Super low effort from a development perspective: it's just sticking existing assets into an arena zone, balancing their difficulty, and figuring out drop pools. The randomness makes it pretty long lasting content. Tons of interesting mob combinations you could recycle. Ground Kings/Aht Urghan HNMs, Beastmen/TOAU kings, Dynamis/Limbus/Salvage/Einherjar bosses, Naakuals, Lilith, Hades, etc... Maybe even do a monthly rotation somewhat like Ambuscade.

More frequent CP+ campaign. Like, at least a week per month.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Accession > Haste/Flurry

Level 99 mission rings and earrings. Rajas Ring, Suppanomimi, etc.

Good suggestions. While we're at it with Accession, consider unlocking other subjob restricted JAs. Innin/Yonin, Afflatus Solace/Misery, etc.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2017-06-02 00:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
I would start banning the accounts of every single player that asked for a job to be nerfed.

Then i would stop being lazy and buff all broken melee jobs, rdm and brd so they could be desired for endgame.

Also ban people that use Windower. That would be funny.
 Asura.Esoj
Server: Asura
By Asura.Esoj 2017-06-02 00:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cebi!!! \o/
By missdivine 2017-06-02 01:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A search function for the AH, that would help tremendously and reduce server stress.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-06-02 02:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Asura.Alucardr said: »
I would start banning the accounts of every single player that asked for a job to be nerfed.

Then i would stop being lazy and buff all broken melee jobs, rdm and brd so they could be desired for endgame.

Also ban people that use Windower. That would be funny.

Sounds like a hilarious way to kill the game dead.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-02 03:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

• Update the macro command API and permanently break Gearswap support.

• Modernize successful pre-existing content into brand spankin' new content.

• Add an interface for tracking debuffs between party members and enemies.

• Design an improved buff tracking interface.

• Fix the waiting period for resummoning trusts after inviting players.

• Add a dark scenario featuring the Zodiac demons and Altima, Arch Seraph as top-tier challenge fights. Defeating all of them would unlock an even higher difficulty match with Hades (not the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE dragon *** from Adoulin); enabling players to summon him through Astral Flow, inflicting devastating enfeebling effects (even on high level NMs), once defeated.

• Make a short storyline scenario ending with high level encounters ultimately allowing players to access Bahamut as a reasonably-sized summon with Absolute Terror (ST-Fear/Ward), Rage of Bahamut (Party Regain/Ward), Earthshaker (AoE-Bind/Earth Damage), Impulse (ST-Blind/Light Damage), Tempest Wing (AoE-Choke/Wind Damage), Trample (ST-Phys), and Megaflare (AF); and Phoenix as an Astral Flow summon using Rebirth Flame to deal fire damage and revive dead party members within a large radius.

• Merge extremely low average server populations with similar servers.

(I would also buff the damage of Astral Flow specific bloodpacts, and the damage and radius of Zantetsuken.)
[+]
By geigei 2017-06-02 04:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
break Gearswap support

Cool people use ashita.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-02 05:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Cool people use ashita.
Ideally, all forms of third party "gear swapping" scripts would be rendered dead in this scenario and treated on par with fleetool.
I'd go as far as using server-side script detection to toss out automatic bans for the kind of people that just can't play a game without entirely automating it through scripts that they aren't even clever enough to write themselves.

Windower and quality of life add-ons (GUI features that should have been included in the game to begin with) are one thing.

Using a lua that changes sixteen pieces of gear five times, faster than you (or even the game's coding) is physically capable of handling, is really akin to the kind of *** running fishing bots, flying through walls, and warping on top of KB's face from twenty miles away.
Which, if you recall, is why we can't have nice things anymore.

I can't even begin tell you how many people's accounts I've roasted over fishing bots and cheat engine.

On that note, third party scripts ruined WoW more than Blizzard ruined WoW.
And I mean, damn, Blizzard did a really *** good job at ruining their own game.
By geigei 2017-06-02 05:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lucky for us you ain't dev.

Also there are 2 kind of people who get butthurt over windower,etc.

1. Too stupid to figure out how it works.
2. Use it anyway but white knight on forums.

Which one are you?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-02 05:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one are you?
The one that didn't miss out on reading comprehension classes.

eslim said: »
you'd fit right into the ARK dev team
I don't think I'm autistic enough to work on dinocraft, let alone play it.
Quote:
and don't forget to have fun losing other peoples money/time.
There isn't enough popcorn in the world for that kind of circus act.
Don't script, cheat, and violate ToS agreements and there won't be issues? lol

Please, God, just kill all of us already.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-02 06:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To tackle the above conversation about Windower/Ashita, if I were developer, I'd actually open a line of communication with the Windower/Ashita dev teams, tell them where the "line" is, but give them official recognition if they agree to follow that line. This might make it so Windower never released the ability to create your own custom luas, but it would mean gearswap would be "legit".

I mean, in an ideal world, I'd be able to remake the game and make some type of in-game gearswap, but I don't see how that would be possible without rewriting the entire game, so it would be easier to just recognize the 3rd party coders and legitimize them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-06-02 07:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hire the Windower/Ashita teams as the new UI dev group. Legitimize the addons that benefit the game, and block the ones that break aspects of the game, like equipping anything necks in every slot.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-06-02 07:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Calm things down, don't tell people to kill themselves.

It's a *** video game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-02 08:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Calm things down, don't tell people to kill themselves.

It's a *** video game.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-06-03 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sinister Reign - More directly reward fast kill speeds.
I'd make it so the party leader could select the maximum number of opponents: 3,6 or all 9. I would expand the choice pool to reflect the number of opponents beaten within the time allowed.

HTBF - Add Oseem.
The drops wouldn't even matter. I'm sure we'd all line up to punch that jerk in the nuts. The fight could borrow some of the quirky, comical effects used in the add-on scenarios. And he could lock/remove gear during the course of the fight as a gimmick.

QoL Walk of Echoes - Add a vendor NPC.

QoL Emporox - Merit and Job Point overflow would automatically be sent to this NPC. Even if Job Points were a 1:1 conversion, something is better than nothing.

Add a use for Job Points after Master - 500 buys a Revitalizer (not the "Super" one).

Restore King spawns - Add ilvl 145 versions that drop a few Voidwalker synthesis materials.
Popping NMs is convenient but not mysterious or exciting. These drops would make it questionably worth it, but still fun to do on a lark.

Nerf BLU - I would change the colors in BLU AF, Relic and Empy gears so they match those in the Armada set.

Fix BST - Undo what they did.
Buffs, gear and opponent design do not match a desire for Master + Pet melee.
Find a use for Charm. Maybe as a Stun. Maybe as an Absorb-TP.

Fix THF - Replace Maximum Treasure Hunter Value gifts with Inquartata.
Evasion should mean something, especially on this job. Since ilvl gear is cross class, evasion is not only worthless but also diluted.

Fix RDM - Spell Adjustments.
Frazzle spells would be non-elemental.
Haste II would max out magical haste.
I would add a non-elemental Full Dispel. If a spell would have to be eliminated to make room for this, goodbye Deodorize.

Fix BRD - Spell Adjustments.
Threnodies would behave like Ninjutsu. They would still lower resistance, but would also do damage and magic burst.
Other useless spells could be replaced to do things like Gambit or Rayke.

Fix MNK - Gift and Weapon Skill Adjustments.
Like with THF, MNK's epic HP is diluted by cross class ilvl gear.
Guarding Skill Bonus would become Hand-to-Hand Skill.
Martial Arts Effect would become Critical Hit Damage.
Counter Effect would become HP +10%.
Shijin Spiral would get very low duration Amnesia, so it could be used like a Stun without preventing mages from also trying to Stun.
Victory Smite would be adjusted to work exactly like Chant du Cygne. The fTP would be lowered and then allowed to carry through all hits. The % chance to critical hit could remain lower than Chant du Cygne's to compensate for the additional hit.
Asuran Fists would be changed to behave like Resolution. Testing would be needed to ensure other options remain relevant, but I want to have a valid reason to Tarutaru-flip on a regular basis.

Make our Inventories Great Again - Adjustments to Porter Slips, Storage and Furniture.
Porter Slips need to go somehow.
Storage would no longer be based on furniture. It would just be another 80 slots to do as you please.
Furniture would be stored on the Mog House Moogle itself, somehow.

I know there would be more things. But I think these options would be worth investigating. I don't think they would require dramatic resources and would gain far more than pain the developers, the player base or the life of the game itself.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-03 10:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering what you were going to mean by Fix THF, as I think THF is in a pretty good spot right now, but I would love that change. I was also thinking that evasion bonus could give magic evasion (but at maybe half rate) or something at one point. Would really play well with THF getting Turms with the hands/feet. I also really would like some native subtle blow. I don't feel like I need any damage increases, I can't go all out like MS war, or Meikyo sam, but that's okay, job isn't meant for that (though PD is still some ***) I just want to have amazing survival. What I really want is Hide recast reduced, and to make it drop full enmity even if it doesn't put me back into invisible.
By Yandaime 2017-06-03 12:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I like LoHs ideas. I also like the idea beefing MNK WSs MNK is presently a poor fit in the meta
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-06-03 12:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I see there is a bitter betty in here over Gearswap... It's here to stay and you can seethe about it.

Also change Jishnu Radiance Mod to Agi and Blade Hi to Dex.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-06-03 14:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree with most of cherrywine suggestions. hes at the right mindset.

i think if i had any idea it would be,

For Relic 119+1+2, I'd bring back 8-12 alliance based Dynamis, in aht urghan an theme. reentry times every 1-4 hours~, with more of an delve point system, using fodder kill points or currency to buy beastmen nm pops, with drop base relic upgrade items, one zone per slot and cant upgrade said slot until you've kill the zone boss.

nothing like crowd-control, trap pulls, and mass carnage.
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-06-03 18:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Id incorporate some new weaponskills, make ergon AfterGlow, some more gear (Models), Wardrobe 5-6, and maybe debate on releasing Ergon for the other 20 jobs. Also i would make more items drop from all content out there, so people are more inclined to help newcomers along in game. IDK

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-06-03 22:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
if SE really wants to pump some life into ffxi again, they could prob do something with an expansion and 2 new jobs.

something like a time mage (rdm/whm/geoish+pause/reflect/etc spells) and breaker (run/nin/thfish+NM break system), probably never..

Another full expansion with new jobs, zones, and enemies would be cool. Someone in this thread mentioned the idea of a type of mage that used divine and dark magic, that could be interesting. There really aren't any jobs in the FF compendium that don't already exist in some capacity, Time Mage seems sort of redundant in respect to what we already can do with the existing mage jobs. They could simply add things like reflect/stop to already existing jobs, make haste/flurry work with accession, and so on. The only job I can think of that isn't in the game in some form or another that could be interesting would be Chemist. A class based around item usage would be super neat. They could have JAs that could turn item effects into AoE, or maybe medicines that remove status ailments could be used on mobs to inflict those effects. They could add scrolls that could be used once/consumed that make nukes, enfeebles, buffs, etc.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-06-03 22:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about new jobs, but would love an expansion type content that adds a new zone or two.

Would love for them to add extra areas to CoP like blueblade fell and tavnazia itself.

A haunted shell of a city like tavnazia would make a great raid zone.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-06-03 22:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
Cool people use ashita.
Ideally, all forms of third party "gear swapping" scripts would be rendered dead in this scenario and treated on par with fleetool.

Dude, you're insane. GearSwap has single handedly extended this game's life. Years and years of micro level gear itemization that the game itself cannot deal with effectively. GearSwap does. If we couldn't use all the gear, there'd be no reason to collect it, people would play less and not as long.

I feel like SE owes the people who develop and maintain it some money or at least a thank you and legitimization.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-06-03 23:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I, personally, would love a "Job Upgrade" system similar to what the original Final Fantasy had where it had this...

Warrior > Knight
Monk > Master
Thief > Ninja
Red Mage > Red Wizard
White Mage > White Wizard
Black Mage > Black Wizard

But for Final Fantasy 11, the quest would involve farming a colored tail (Final Fantasy 4 and Final Fantasy 4 The After Years reference) specific to your job and some dialogue with Bahamut (just like original FF)

Once the job upgrade quest is complete, you are Lv. 1 again (like Cecil FF4 when he went from DRK to PLD) and must level back up to 99. Once the upgraded job is 99, the job is 30-40% stronger than the non-upgraded version, however, it will take x2 the EXP required per level. For instance, Lv. 1 to Lv. 2 normally takes 500 EXP. With an upgraded job, it would require 1000 EXP to level up to Lv. 2

Some of the "upgraded" job ideas....

Warrior > Gladiator
Monk > Black Belt
Thief > Rogue
Black Mage > Sage
White Mage > Devout
Red Mage > Onion Knight
Paladin > Holy Knight
Dark Knight > Vampire
Beastmaster > Tamer
Bard > Musician
Ranger > Hunter
Samurai > Ronin
Ninja > Assassin
Dragoon > Dragon Master
Summoner > Caller
Blue Mage > Magus
Corsair > Pirate
Puppetmaster > Machinist
Scholar > Professor
Dancer > Figurant
Geomancer > Elementalist
Rune Fencer > Runic Knight

Each of these upgraded jobs would have their own lore, their own Artifact and Relic armors. They all will also have their own synthesized gear of all levels 1 through 99 which would revitalize the crafting market and include items that are not normally used as synthesis materials. Also, weapons already in existence can be used by these jobs. Plus there would be new synthesizeable weapons that are specific to the upgraded jobs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12