FFXI Developer AMA On Reddit!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Developer AMA on Reddit!
FFXI Developer AMA on Reddit!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-27 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Not to give Byrth a big head

Joke is on you. I'm Tarutaru.
We know, we're repulsed.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-27 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While I mean this with civility, this...

Phoenix.Morier said: »
some byrth guy

...kinda implies you don't know what you're talking about. Not to give Byrth a big head but most people in the community know of him if not know who he is. He's a dev for Windower, well known here and BG.

Secondly, this...

Phoenix.Morier said: »
windower gimps can't cheat freely.

...is calling out a pretty sizable portion of the community as cheaters. That probably won't go down well.

The AMA is over, but discussion can still continue here so long as you all keep it civil.

i lol'd /popcorn.
By superzombie23 2016-07-27 16:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said:
Also same type of player tend to play together. Someone who plays FFXI at endgame lv, or into things like hardcore gearing probably won't be in same ls as someone who's into mounts and roleplay.

There was a big thread on WoW forums talking about how a mount or something costed a TON of gold in the Legion expansion, and all the casuals wanted it nerfed because they think no one can afford it. Believe it or not, the devs responded implying just because you think it's hard doesn't mean others do; Casuals play with casuals, hardcore play with hardcore. They are two completely different worlds and one or the other will come to forums complaining. The ones complaining give off an illusion that that is the majority complaining, when in reality it's just a minority of players complaining. The devs said we won't change something just because it's technically a minority creating a big thread on a forum. It's usually a minority that goes on forums to post a complaint or to voice their opinions, and their opinions are largely shaped by the players around them. It was a great read.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-27 16:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Not to give Byrth a big head

Joke is on you. I'm Tarutaru.

I once respected you.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-27 18:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
fonewear said: »
I love how enthusiastic they are about making mounts in the game but actually doing work they are kinds "meh" about.

I really think this is a culture difference of how the people approach the game. I mean look at that interview between the Famitsu guy and Matsui. They're talking about crying at their interactions with trusts and other things that most NA's are like "who the *** cares?" about.

Although my previous hardcore JP endgame ls did move to 14, judging from the amount of elite geared JP I run into everyday, on top of the fact that JP got most of the harder content clear first in past 10 months, I kinda doubt JP are more casual than NAs

I don't think interest in mounts or furniture or costumes necessarily means someone is casual. Yeah the JP tend to be more progressed but they're also the ones I frequently see wearing costumes.

I'd have to agree that it's a cultural disconnect. For NA it frequently is wanting elite gear or pretty gear but the JP seem to want and achieve both.

Of course, maybe tanking in the moogle head has some benefit we just don't know about. Maybe it's like... You wouldn't hit a moogle with glasses, would you?
By Afania 2016-07-27 18:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
I love how enthusiastic they are about making mounts in the game but actually doing work they are kinds "meh" about.

I really think this is a culture difference of how the people approach the game. I mean look at that interview between the Famitsu guy and Matsui. They're talking about crying at their interactions with trusts and other things that most NA's are like "who the *** cares?" about.

Although my previous hardcore JP endgame ls did move to 14, judging from the amount of elite geared JP I run into everyday, on top of the fact that JP got most of the harder content clear first in past 10 months, I kinda doubt JP are more casual than NAs

I don't think interest in mounts or furniture or costumes necessarily means someone is casual. Yeah the JP tend to be more progressed but they're also the ones I frequently see wearing costumes.

I'd have to agree that it's a cultural disconnect. For NA it frequently is wanting elite gear or pretty gear but the JP seem to want and achieve both.

Of course, maybe tanking in the moogle head has some benefit we just don't know about. Maybe it's like... You wouldn't hit a moogle with glasses, would you?

If you are talking about lockstyle, I see NA lockstyle in Moogle, gob or frog gears all the time as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2016-07-27 18:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

Also a very quick glance at JP official forum, I still see a lot of discussion regarding game mechanics, unity Concord, paid services, pc controller, race change and such. Essentially the same discussion as NA forums. (People talk about vanity items on NA forum as well)
By Draylo 2016-07-27 19:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I don't care that marduk's jubbah +1 is utter garbage, I'm still wearing it on my blm char until I die because it matches so crisp so clean so mean

If you mean the Ambuscade version, it isn't garbage.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7