FFXI Developer AMA On Reddit!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Developer AMA on Reddit!
FFXI Developer AMA on Reddit!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-25 22:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster evasion? You guys having a hard time hitting mobs or something?
By Gruknor 2016-07-25 22:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
So, anything positive come of this?

They seem to have no idea that they nerfed brd into the ground via geo. They are going to try to make it so melee can attack higher tier content, by reducing the agility stat on nms. They completely ignored Kylos and a few other people asking for wsc changes to Scythe/Greataxe/H2H. They answered so many fluff questions, I was surprised they actually answered any decent questions. We might as well ask them which steak house do they frequent the most, when in the red light district of Tokyo.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-25 22:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy that they're changing evasion, and hopefully it's somewhat of an improvement if they do a pretty severe change. However, the primary issue is keeping melees alive in AoE fights with *** status effects. The optimistic side of me thinks that perhaps evasion will be lowered enough to allow for much less reliance on accuracy buffs and instead a shift towards defensive ones, I.E vex/attunement and maybe even magus roll or something.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-07-25 22:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I unintentionally got SE to outright state that TH doesn't influence Defending Ring. Maybe now people will finally stop poking King Behemoth with 1 DMG weap... oh, who am I kidding.
By Nocki 2016-07-25 22:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted 3 questions, and they didn't answer the one that mattered! >=( (They didn't answer about imp recharge reduction.)
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-25 22:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »

I unintentionally got SE to outright state that TH doesn't influence Defending Ring. Maybe now people will finally stop poking King Behemoth with 1 DMG weap... oh, who am I kidding.
They said that on the forums awhile ago.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-25 22:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »

They seem to have no idea that they nerfed brd into the ground via geo. They are going to try to make it so melee can attack higher tier content, by reducing the agility stat on nms. They completely ignored Kylos and a few other people asking for wsc changes to Scythe/Greataxe/H2H. They answered so many fluff questions, I was surprised they actually answered any decent questions. We might as well ask them which steak house do they frequent the most, when in the red light district of Tokyo.

You be fair, they may not have even been asked the majority of the important questions. It's possible the people running the AMA never translated them.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-25 22:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Increasing packet frequency also increases the number of headers sent, so it increases their bandwidth a bit.

Increasing packet size doesn't increase their costs at all, because they send the packets with the same frequency (same volume of header) and just send the information that they end up sending anyway faster. So it wouldn't necessarily even increase the overall data volume sent. It *would* potentially increase the peak bandwidth consumed. Like imagine a bunch of people zone in at once, there would be a bigger spike than when they're flattening it out with their cap.

Still, they would only need to go 4x cap (not 10x) to reduce zoning times to ~1s with all inventory spots filled and to eliminate almost all multiple target battle issues.

PS. Thanks for the upvotes!
Well... They didn't directly say no... Perhaps there may be some method to push this solution.
 Asura.Woulfwood
Server: Asura
By Asura.Woulfwood 2016-07-26 00:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda.

Quote:
Q: Will you consider doing new expansions and content as long as you have a player base that is paying monthly subscription fees?
-
Q; 課金をするユーザーがいる限り、新しい拡張やコンテンツを追加し続けられるか検討していただけますでしょうか?

A:はい。検討します。

Yes, we will consider this.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-26 00:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Woulfwood said: »
Kinda.

Quote:
Q: Will you consider doing new expansions and content as long as you have a player base that is paying monthly subscription fees?
-
Q; 課金をするユーザーがいる限り、新しい拡張やコンテンツを追加し続けられるか検討していただけますでしょうか?

A:はい。検討します。

Yes, we will consider this.

I approve there is still a lot of lore to experience in FFXI and to take our characters we worked hard on through the experience. This is great to hear from SE.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-26 01:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least they silenced the voice in the back of my head and confirmed we'll never see BLU spells from any of the remaining missing monster types.
[+]
By Selindrile 2016-07-26 01:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster evasion? You guys use melees on higher iLvl content?

FTFY
By Wordspoken 2016-07-26 02:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Is it wrong of me, that I want to photoshop a transparent head of Tanaka in the center of this photo?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-26 03:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so upset and disappointed. Lore is completely ignored ._. it hurts me.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-26 03:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Well at least they silenced the voice in the back of my head and confirmed we'll never see BLU spells from any of the remaining missing monster types.
SE has a bad track record of accuracy when confirming/denying things.

"never raise the level cap", "no new jobs", "no plans for expansion" - these were all said after ToAU

Having said that, I don't think there is enough subscription money to warrant XI living for much longer.

That was made clear by their answer to lowering subscription fees. Seems like they are barely making a profit.

There's always XV. Probably my last FF. Been playing these games for almost 25 years, 14 of them just in XI.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-26 03:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I am so upset and disappointed. Lore is completely ignored ._. it hurts me.

Channel all of your optimism, find a few other people, take all of theirs, and then use it to imagine them saying "Why would we give you lore when we're making a new expansion with it already?"
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-26 03:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As for me, I'm flabbergasted at both the "Geomancer and Bard do not have the same roles" as well as their response to my melee haste question, which was simply "If you mean having jobs able to solo cap their haste the answer is "No." BLU can cap their haste, and that's a big part of why they're the current lead in most played melee in the game.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-26 03:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm amused they responded to my to my troll question.
That being said lots of intersecting responses....
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-07-26 04:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please tell them to bring Tanaka back to FFXI the game is really dull and boring now a days unless they reveal an expansion or something >.> .
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-07-26 04:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

no one asked the only question that matters of will they make a 75cap server :>
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-07-26 04:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Q:
Quote:
Can you officially confirm the crafting variables? Does direction, day of the week, time of day etc. effect crafting in any way?

A:
Quote:
Fujito: No comment!

Buncha goddamn trolls.

Someone pointed it out in the actual thread, but this is a mistranslation. He actually said there's no effect.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-26 05:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Who cares? You can't keep melee alive, buffed, and free of debuffs when hitting the high-evasion NMs anyway.

+1 lol melees
[+]
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-07-26 05:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This interview is really something
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-26 05:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster evasion? You guys having a hard time hitting mobs or something?

No, just having problems telling Apu not to stand in AE range.
 Leviathan.Loona
Server: Leviathan
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-07-26 11:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

That is one hell of an attention to detail.

Thanks, I guess - I started in Bastok and generally focus on quests, so it was pretty weird to see that it was possible to see a character you've interacted with as Bastok, then go to Jeuno for the level cap raising quest, and find that character there in a cutscene with an instantly-grown moustache, then return to Bastok and see that changed again - it's understandable they'd want to distinguish the character in the Jeuno quest, but it's a bit weird when the game manages to be careful about a bunch of continuity details, like the alternate scene in Rhapsodies depending on your progress, but retain this oddity.

I voted for a bunch of lore and tech questions from other people and voted down dumber stuff, at least, so I hope this didn't feel like a wasted effort - it seemed like something that could be implemented with existing assets.

Asura.Regicide said: »
This interview is really something
YouTube Video Placeholder

This is fantastic, thank you!
[+]
By superzombie23 2016-07-26 11:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of those responses the devs made showed how ignorant and lazy they are. You'll make a stupid mobile game but not improve the PC games gfx and game engine qol etc. They could pull a realm reborn with ff11 but there's probably someone up the chain of command saying ff14 deserves all the attention.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-26 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »

Nerfed BRD into the ground? Brah BRD with Honor march SV madrigals can give like 350 400 acc alone, a lot of stuff is melee dependent now. If they add more content where you need a lot of ACC for melees BRD will always win. If your GEO is doing Geo torpor that's a waste because geo frailty is more potent. Even geo veX would be more useful.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-26 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take my 11:30 acc/haste/attk songs anyday then a second or third geo in a party of 6.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-26 12:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

superzombie23 said: »
there's probably someone up the chain of command saying ff14 deserves all the attention.

No, its the ppl saying daed gaem FF11 is, that are blocking, my PoV.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-07-26 12:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SV Honor March/Mad/Mad/Min/Min is 254 Acc, 772 Attack, and 30% Haste with max possible potency.

Bolstered Idris Indi-Precision is also 200 Acc and Torpor is -200 evasion, giving a potential 400 Acc-Eva swing. Entrust'd Haste is 30%. If you can get away with only 200 Acc, Bolstered Idris Frailty with Dia II is ~94% Defense down, meaning all other attack buffs are likely irrelevant.

Bard exists for SV buffing before a popped NM (and then dropping to keep its HP down), because its buffs are unique and last a really long time if you're geared for it. We have a 15 minute time limit for these fights and our bards give us >10 minute songs. Adding another person increases mob HP, so why take the bard that will be acting as a shitty support healer for 10 minutes?

I have Idris and I have BRD RMEs. Last month's Ambuscade was the first time I'd been on BRD in quite a long time, and I was only on it for the sake of Lullaby.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7