Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 82 83 84
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-28 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
You made the claim, burden of proof falls on you, if you don't care to provide proof for your claim, don't make claims.

I did, I quoted what she said word for word.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Probably. It was a good run until Vic and Flavin showed up.
Vic is just the Liberal side's counter to you, Nausi, and Aman. You know how you see his statements as insane, laughable, etc? Liberals see yours the same way. It's just a different point of view, don't act like you're better than one side or another. Flavin strikes me as undecided or in-between.
I don't mind Vic's viewpoints. I just don't like how he makes a lot of personal attacks and nothing gets done.

At the very least, I would get a public warning specifically calling me out (usually by you). Generally speaking, I would have already been topic banned with a section ban to follow (at least, that's what happened the last 6 times. Ask Rooks, I'm 6/6 on appeals).
A section ban is uncommon, a reversal of a section ban is rare. You were lucky, don't push it.

As for public warnings *looks at current post* you have a point.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you are civil in other areas of the forum. You and I get along elsewhere. I disagree with you but we get along. Ramy isn't hard to get along with either. Personally, I'd like things to be civil for all of us, everywhere but sadly, it isn't.
Let the ones who can prove to be civil, even if they can be a little roudy at times.

I don't mind discussing things with Vic, as long as he leaves the personal attacks out of his posts.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You made the claim, burden of proof falls on you, if you don't care to provide proof for your claim, don't make claims.

Without source.

You were technically right at some point there was also claims that some emails were incorrectly labeled which seems awfully convenient but that leaves us in the same seat as the FBI.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably. It was a good run until Vic and Flavin showed up.
Vic is just the Liberal side's counter to you, Nausi, and Aman. You know how you see his statements as insane, laughable, etc? Liberals see yours the same way. It's just a different point of view, don't act like you're better than one side or another. Flavin strikes me as undecided or in-between.
I don't mind Vic's viewpoints. I just don't like how he makes a lot of personal attacks and nothing gets done.

At the very least, I would get a public warning specifically calling me out (usually by you). Generally speaking, I would have already been topic banned with a section ban to follow (at least, that's what happened the last 6 times. Ask Rooks, I'm 6/6 on appeals).
A section ban is uncommon, a reversal of a section ban is rare. You were lucky, don't push it.

As for public warnings *looks at current post* you have a point.
Never pushing it. I don't want to be section banned from here, why would I? That's why I don't go further into this discussion.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-28 14:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Refusing to acknowledge the sky is blue unless someone links a news article that says the sky is blue or a video of a blue sky is asinine.

The public record is the public record. Do I need to "prove" slavery was abolished next time I bring it up too?

Your conspiracy theories are so far off the rails that yes, you do need to post proof of everything you say. Don't pretend that you post basic concepts that are accepted knowledge because you don't. You are one of the conspiracy theorists that Anna was referring to.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Refusing to acknowledge the sky is blue unless someone links a news article that says the sky is blue or a video of a blue sky is asinine.

The public record is the public record. Do I need to "prove" slavery was abolished next time I bring it up too?

Your conspiracy theories are so far off the rails that yes, you do need to post proof of everything you say. Don't pretend that you post basic concepts that are accepted knowledge because you don't. You are one of the conspiracy theorists that Anna was referring to.
Here is a perfect example of a personal attack.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you are civil in other areas of the forum. You and I get along elsewhere. I disagree with you but we get along. Ramy isn't hard to get along with either. Personally, I'd like things to be civil for all of us, everywhere but sadly, it isn't.
Let the ones who can prove to be civil, even if they can be a little roudy at times.

I don't mind discussing things with Vic, as long as he leaves the personal attacks out of his posts.
I don't mind occasional rowdiness, it's the people who regularly come in just to start some argument I get annoyed with.

Coming in and posting some outrageous claim, knowing it will piss people off is, by definition, trolling. The "but it's what s/he really believes" claim is getting tired too. A lot of people believe odd things that a best kept to one's self for the sake of keeping the peace.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-28 14:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For someone who's been banned quite a bit themselves you sure do complain about and work towards getting others banned...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right but so is he, in a way. Everyone needs to stop insulting people.

Where does it become personal?

You are one of the conspiracy theorists that Anna was referring to.
Here, it refers to the person, not the message. But it is what I was talking about.

No one should just accept something without proof.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

For someone who's been banned quite a bit themselves you sure do complain about and work towards getting others banned...
I'm trying to open up a dialogue here and solve some issues without having to ban anyone. Please don't make that harder.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-07-28 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a personal attack.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-28 14:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the Flame Core that is missing.”

“I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our posters.”
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-28 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Without source.

You were technically right at some point there was also claims that some emails were incorrectly labeled which seems awfully convenient but that leaves us in the same seat as the FBI.

Without source.

This isn't English class. Providing a link means very little in terms of the links accuracy. I could provide you a link that says the sky is green.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-28 14:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what makes it complicated they're not entirely wrong. Making observations based on track records shouldn't be taboo or considered personal attacks.

Unless we're really just pretending to be adults here.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Not a perfect example, as advertised but it's getting close. I don't think 'conspiracy theorist' is an insult but...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Without source.

Without source.

This isn't English class. Providing a link means very little in terms of the links accuracy. I could provide you a link that says the sky is green.
Humor me, do it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-28 14:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Not a perfect example, as advertised but it's getting close. I don't think 'conspiracy theorist' is an insult but...

It's tough when you have posters who are dishonest about their perceptions and feelings for the sake of winning on the Internet.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the Flame Core that is missing.”

Technically, it's still there. It just checks for mod rank and is empty. How much are we talking?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right but so is he, in a way. Everyone needs to stop insulting people.

Where does it become personal?
It becomes personal when it's structured to demean a person.

He could have said this:

"Your viewpoints need to be re-evaluated if you cannot show evidence to support your claims. Even if you post basic ideas, if you cannot show evidence when asked, then why post it? You can do better than that."

Exact same message as what Vic said, except without the aggression nor the attacks.

As for exact examples of personal attacks, let's consider this:

Your conspiracy theories are so far off the rails that yes, you do need to post proof of everything you say.

Don't pretend that you post basic concepts that are accepted knowledge [/u]because you don't[/u].

The underlined shouldn't be there to begin with, those statements are what causes the shitstorm that will ensue.

And I'm reading this from Nausi's point of view. Maybe that's what people should consider before they hit "Submit."
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-28 14:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Many come in and attack him personally, he fights back and is the one that ultimately ends up getting banned. It's a big heaping pile of bs.

Should he just let people attack him?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-28 14:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He should have watched his language so your feelings won't be hurt.

I think there's a term for that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I laughed at that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[/u]because you don't[/u].
*** you edit button!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, just because it's P&R isn't a reason to be ***to each other. Some of you guys get along outside of P&R but you come here and BOOM!

BG has a political section and they keep it civil. I can only assume it's because they boot anyone who can't act like an adult.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-28 14:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/blist is allways an option :D
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-28 14:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically, it's still there. It just checks for mod rank and is empty. How much are we talking?

How's one shiny Crimea sound? I'll even throw in some Baltics.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you 500 FFXIAH Gems if you bring that thread with me and Tigerwoods back from the grave.

We could all use a laugh at my expense, even me.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 14:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"Your viewpoints need to be re-evaluated if you cannot show evidence to support your claims. Even if you post basic ideas, if you cannot show evidence when asked, then why post it? You can do better than that."
Not all of us are Josiah.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 14:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
/blist is allways an option :D
Personally speaking, I hate the block feature.

All it shows is the inability to talk to another person. Even if that other person is a ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 82 83 84