Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 82 83 84
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-27 10:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
There's no big fuss about Trump soliciting foreign donations, he was just not aware of that law, it doesn't make him a criminal.
A) That's the first I heard of this.

B) What about the Clinton Foundation? Don't tell me that they aren't soliciting foreign donations either.
Trump Campaign Broke Law by Soliciting Foreign Donations, Groups Allege
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee reportedly sent a fundraising e-mail to foreign government officials.

Bloomberg

Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations despite warnings
The Hill

Trump campaign illegally soliciting donations from foreign nationals: Watchdogs
Washington Times (this is NOT the WaPo King)

Why Is the Donald Trump Campaign Committing Campaign Finance Felonies?
Red State.

What the Clinton foundation did was legal. Shady as **** but legal. I put it right up there with "campaign contributions" as should be illegal.

Search "Trump soliciting" that's the first 4 that came up for me.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-27 10:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Paged.

[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-27 10:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Politics and Governance hasn't kept up with technology.
We really shouldn't be in the state we are in (as a planet) when we have the skills, resources and tech to keep everyone fed, clothed, housed and educated. We also have the ability to debate. And while the planet might not always agree on issues, even some big ones, I'm sure we can collectively agree to disagree or perpetuate the debate.

The media is too powerful a tool to ever be allowed to slip into the hands of a few. We the people of earth don't need to subscribe to corporate media anymore. We can formulate our own opinions based on our own research. In democracy 2.0, we should really have independent online forums where politicians share their policies, proposals, bills and debates openly. Why does congress, in this day and age, have a monopoly on voting for bills? The technology does exist to let every single registered voter have their say. Isn't that more democratic than having a few elected people with concentrated representation call the shots? Where we are headed, we can't afford blunders and incompetence, we can't afford miscommunication, semantics and externalities influencing public policy. There is no room for war, for colonization, for imperialism, for the mistreatment of people or their disenfranchisement.

Media:
Trump might lose the General election this time, but the fact that he has done so well and has actually become the Republican nominee is an indicator of just how detached a good portion of the population are from reality. These people aren't inherently evil. They have concerns, and they think getting into bed with the likes of Trump will alleviate those concerns. A lot of us are not that naive, and have enough experience and knowledge in life to see Trump for what he is; a menace to international society.

So how is it someone as obscure, as narcissistic and psychotic as Trump does rise to power? By the media. By propaganda. By disinformation. Poor journalism. Corporate interests. That isn't democratic and you can't convince me your founding fathers had this fiasco in mind when they defeated the English. This is an oligarchy.

Rehabilitation
It is insane that people are sent to prison for committing crimes. Forget about the petty weed dealers and users.
As a deterrent, they're obviously not working. As a means to rehabilitate criminals, they're obviously not working. So then they are just a punishment for the sake of punishing. That seems a pretty petty to me, and a waste of money. The prison system in the US needs to change. The entire thing needs to be torn down and redrawn from scratch with the interest of the people and citizenry in mind. That mind sind too liberal for a lot of conservatives, but wait - I think you should bring back capital punishment across the board. Violent crimes such as murder and terrorism should carry mandatory death sentences. That is a much better deterrent than prison, and cheaper too. Pirsons should be places where people get a second chance to make something of themselves. They should have libraries, educational departments and scholastic resources for individuals to apply themselves with.

Economics
Are we really just here to do work 12-16 hour days and make the CEO richer? *** that. We don't need to consume as much as we do. We don't need new phones every year, we don't need $5,000 gucci bags and $10,000 designer shoes. We don't need all this petty ***, and we sure as hell shouldn't be rewarding people with our hard earned money for enslaving people across the globe. Economics isn't a science it is a set of values that people claiming to know what they're talking about use to dictate how healthy or unhealthy an abstract concept is. *** that. What about how much time I spend with my kids? what about how many trees are torn down? Economists call those externalities, I call them reality. We have enough tech to guarantee everyone their human rights and everyone can achieve and has the right to a decent standard of living. Why the hell should some *** have more money than they can spend in 10,000 people's lifetimes, while others who work night and day can't put their kids through schools or own a home? I'm not saying communism is the answer, but this abomination called american capitalism isn't the answer either. Set some *** constraints and parameters, some limitations. Introduce laws that state a CEO can only earn 10x as much as the lowest earning employee in the company. If that CEO is worth anything they will earn just as much as they used to while also improving the skills and earning power of their lowest employees.

/rant over
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary/Nero 2016
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-27 10:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me thinks that if the Republicans had put up someone besides Trump, or if the Democrats had put up someone besides Clinton, that we would still be having this same conversation. I guess it's good that we can have this "But who sucks MORE?" conversation when they both actually suck, but let's be real. We're not exactly the poster children for non-partisan discussion. You know there are too many people in here on both sides that would vote their letter NO MATTER WHAT, and pointing out the flaws of the opponent is just a formality for self-justification.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In democracy 2.0, we should really have independent online forums where politicians share their policies, proposals, bills and debates openly.

I got here before I started laughing like a maniac. Oh my god, my sides are falling apart. Help me, I think I have a hernia.

Forums for policy? Have you learned nothing from this place? Nothing at all? You might as well have baboons throwing ***as a means of directing the country.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 10:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
The only thing that kept this from being a complete and utter disaster...

There is still time!!!

Utter Disaster 2016!

Utter Disaster probably has a better chance of making the debates than Stein or Johnson. lol

Johnson was only 2% out of the debates a couple of weeks ago.
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from the Hillary playbook: "According to Suetonius, Nero "showed neither discrimination nor moderation in putting to death whomsoever he pleased" during this period."
By Blazed1979 2016-07-27 10:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Part of me thinks that if the Republicans had put up someone besides Trump, or if the Democrats had put up someone besides Clinton, that we would still be having this same conversation. I guess it's good that we can have this "But who sucks MORE?" conversation when they both actually suck, but let's be real. We're not exactly the poster children for non-partisan discussion. You know there are too many people in here on both sides that would vote their letter NO MATTER WHAT, and pointing out the flaws of the opponent is just a formality for self-justification.

Sheep man. Its herd mentality. Its like football hooligans. They will beat the crap out of the opposing team's supporter for nothing else other than they support a different team that happens to be playing their team. It's ridiculous. Safety in the herd.. *** sheep.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's such an embarrassment

dude you have no idea....

green eggs and ham.
the shutdown
the bundy ranch
47,000 votes to repeal obamacare

how I long for the days of the sardonic wit of william f buckley....

we were suave *** mofos stylin in three piece suits!... stealing candy from babies and making old people eat cat food before we pushed them down the stairs! We had a vision!!!

the democrats spent the last sixteen years blaming bush and the republicans for their inability to accomplish anything in washington... chastising us for divisiveness and who do they put up as their nominee? the most divisive *** to ever wear a pant suit in the history of the universe!

name one person on this god forsaken planet who is more hated in all the world!

yeah that's right! TRUMP! who the *** did you think we would pick? spoonie gee!?

this is all YOUR FAULT!
[+]
By Juggernautx 2016-07-27 10:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep hearing "proof proof" regardless of us going through this again & again, like it's some sort of magical liberal misdirection spell (*unlocked at 1200 job pts /excite) casted whenever things are making sense to derail from reality. When provided, the next squawking remark is "not enough proofs. more proofs, proof all the things" & finally when asked to do so themselves, we arrive at "no u."
This is the internet merry-go-round we ride. I personally am excited to stand in line. /dangling car keys

*So according to the DNC leaked emails, story telling conveys feelings of loyalty in certain groups of people, so I'm going with that theme:

-Once upon a time, hanging out with my dad. We're sitting at the table talking about movies and there's a plate with a cookie on it (chocolate chip). I go to get a glass of water & when I sit back down, I notice the cookie has mysteriously disappeared. When I asked him if he'd eaten it, he denied it. The strange thing was, there were cookie crumbs leading from the plate to his side of the table and some on his shirt. He said "maybe it was cookie monster." -The End

Based off this, I'm inclined to believe this & suspect all hispanics will alongside me, because the DNC says so. Cookie monster is our main suspect & this is a leap, but I do also believe he may have taken part in Crooked Hillary's various email scandals as well. Seeing as she says she "doesn't even know that much about email." 12 out 3 scientist and a dog agree with me. My proofs are all the things. /Discuss

[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-27 10:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I got here before I started laughing like a maniac. Oh my god, my sides are falling apart. Help me, I think I have a hernia.

Forums for policy? Have you learned nothing from this place? Nothing at all? You might as well have baboons throwing ***as a means of directing the country.

It would have challenges, but I think you're underestimating how these forums have evolved from "*** you blazed I hope your kids die in a fire you muslim son of a ***" to what they are today.

Heck I have friends on this forum now who used to call me terrorist 3 years ago, and who I used to cal redneck. Today we're exchanging food recipes and gearswap lua's.

Dialogue and discussion is what makes us as a species special.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So when is Monica speaking at the DNC ?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 10:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

What's she going to say?

Mmmrrrffh! Ommpfrrotpmpphh. Vorrrhmmff ferrff demfasdffff!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-27 10:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking for facts is misdirection? What?
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

What's she going to say?

She has giving a Ted talk. I can't imagine anyone watching her but I guess they give a Ted talk to anyone...
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How to turn shame into profit in one video:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

It would have challenges, but I think you're underestimating how these forums have evolved from "*** you blazed I hope your kids die in a fire you muslim son of a ***" to what they are today.

Heck I have friends on this forum now who used to call me terrorist 3 years ago, and who I used to cal redneck. Today we're exchanging food recipes and gearswap lua's.

You seem to mistake a place like FFXIAH for a true open forum. For one, this place has rules and is private. People have come here in the past, ***up the place and were un-democratically told to walk off a pier. Remember the whole period where AH had to clean up because it was a dumpster fire? Flame Core ring any bells? The lawless era circa Killing Ifrit and ZAM still being things?

Secondly, most of the people here share a similar hobby set. We're more alike than different. Like you know, being batshit crazy enough to play FFXI for years. When you remove most of us from shitty politics & religion you can find me agreeing with Nausi and Aman on beer choices or other idle musings. I'm sure we all probably could find more common ground. Politics and Religion by nature are contentious and feed into a tribal mindset.

The problem of course is that in a 'true' forum, people revert to their worst and nothing gets done other than disgusting epithets and a place that is vile. When there are no rules, open season, it's the worst the internet has to offer.

Imagining politics and religion forums scaled up to a national level with actual decisionmaking you'd have a daily disaster that'd make the Exxon Valdez blush. Just look at where the McDonald's sandwich campaign and the Microsoft AI experiment went.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-27 10:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What's she going to say?

She has giving a Head talk. I can't imagine anyone watching her but I guess they give Head talk to anyone...

Ftfy
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 10:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What's she going to say?

She has giving a Ted talk. I can't imagine anyone watching her but I guess they give a Ted talk to anyone...

Eh. Being familiar with a few of the Congressional page/intern programs from friends who have been in them, they don't really take stupid people. I've read some things she's written and said in the ensuing years and frankly I feel kinda bad for her.

But I'm a bad person and I can't resist juvenile jokes sometimes.
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to mistake a place like FFXIAH for a true open forum. For one, this place has rules and is private. People have come here in the past, ***up the place and were un-democratically told to walk off a pier. Remember the whole period where AH had to clean up because it was a dumpster fire? Flame Core ring any bells? The lawless era circa Killing Ifrit and ZAM still being things?

Secondly, most of the people here share a similar hobby set. We're more alike than different. Like you know, being batshit crazy enough to play FFXI for years. When you remove most of us from shitty politics & religion you can find me agreeing with Nausi and Aman on beer choices or other idle musings. I'm sure we all probably could find more common ground. Politics and Religion by nature are contentious and feed into a tribal mindset.

The problem of course is that in a 'true' forum, people revert to their worst and nothing gets done other than disgusting epithets and a place that is vile. When there are no rules, open season, it's the worst the internet has to offer.

Imagining politics and religion forums scaled up to a national level with actual decisionmaking you'd have a daily disaster that'd make the Exxon Valdez blush. Just look at where the McDonald's sandwich campaign and the Microsoft AI experiment went.

It could be worse could be this place:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH today is more akin to a retirement home than anywhere that something gets done. We're all the retirees looking around to see who stops breathing first.

Except Lordgrim. That guy is going to change the world. When he escapes from Colonial Williamsburg.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 11:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Lordgrim has be appointed head of the DNC he is far more competent than Rottweiler Schultz.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-27 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That could be address by removing anonymity. There are a few times that the fact I am anonymous and not known here allows me to come and vent some steam, offending a great deal of feminists, cuz feminism is lol. But you can be damn sure I wouldn't do that if my real identity was my handle in here. I'd have to deal with female colleagues at work ganging up on me, like Hens, and all kinds of other maniacal twisted feminist ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting for FFXIAH leaks. It will uncover all our secrets to the 50 people that use this website !
By fonewear 2016-07-27 11:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That could be address by removing anonymity. There are a few times that the fact I am anonymous and not known here allows me to come and vent some steam, offending a great deal of feminists, cuz feminism is lol. But you can be damn sure I wouldn't do that if my real identity was my handle in here. I'd have to deal with female colleagues at work ganging up on me, like Hens, and all kinds of other maniacal twisted feminist ***.

I wouldn't even trust a website that claims to be anonymous. The FBI can always trace your IP address. There is no such thing as being anonymous anymore.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-27 11:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting for FFXIAH leaks. It will uncover all our secrets to the 50 people that use this website !

All sock accounts will be revealed!!! They're mostly Rooks he gets bored easily.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 11:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

All sock accounts will be revealed!!! They're mostly Rooks he gets bored easily.

Pleebo, Aman, and LG are all actually Rooks.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 11:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They could probably tell us what happened to Chasox. He is locked in a basement in Serbia hoping to get out alive !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 11:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what happens they make you a mod then the world never hears from you again...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 82 83 84