Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 82 83 84
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 09:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But I like it here!

I find this hard to accept!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-27 09:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
There's no big fuss about Trump soliciting foreign donations, he was just not aware of that law, it doesn't make him a criminal.
A) That's the first I heard of this.

B) What about the Clinton Foundation? Don't tell me that they aren't soliciting foreign donations either.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-27 09:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Can't we all just accept that both main party candidates are law-disregarding scum who are both incompetent and untrustworthy and we're basically just voting for party ideals far more than candidates at this point?
I'll accept the following:

1) Incompetent
2) Untrustworthy

But I don't accept that Trump is a law-disregarding scum. What laws have he broken? (Serious question, I don't know of any laws Trump has broken, intent or not)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-27 09:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you truly feel either/both are terrible, vote for Stein or Johnson. Vote a write-in if they're all unacceptable to you. That vote will be logged and will not be "wasted." You're not likely to win, but if we see record numbers of votes NOT for the main party candidates, they're going to have to consider what's going wrong for them. Especially if it continues over years and decades and they see their bases slipping away.
While that's a good idea in practice, I'm still voting against Clinton by voting for Trump.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 09:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

But I don't accept that Trump is a law-disregarding scum. What laws have he broken? (Serious question, I don't know of any laws Trump has broken, intent or not

I'm aware of the opinions regarding Hillary and that there's is not-uncompelling evidence that she has broken the law.

But there is equally compelling evidence that Trump has skirted and broken the laws over the years (see link I posted yesterday).

The man is practically always involved in legal proceedings as either the plaintiff or the defendant, and not just the standard "well, all corporations deal with this" sense.

Maybe not on the same "national security" level as Hillary, but he's been levied with fines for violating and disregarding many laws and regulations in the past.

The bottom line is that like many people, he acts like laws and regulations simply aren't for him because he's got the money to make it go away or pay the fine and not worry about it.

Which is the exact same thing so many people hate about Hillary. The hubris to not just disregard law and procedure, but the absolute arrogance while doing so.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-27 10:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no big fuss about Trump soliciting foreign donations, he was just not aware of that law, it doesn't make him a criminal.
A) That's the first I heard of this.

B) What about the Clinton Foundation? Don't tell me that they aren't soliciting foreign donations either.

I don't know how the Clinton Foundation works in regards of funding the campaign, but you need evidence and not just blanket assumptions.

Well, the Foundation is being investigated. I don't think anything will come of it, because whether something illegal is going on or not it won't stick. For me the biggest complaint I have with the Foundation is Clinton's apparent inability to point out the terrible things certain countries/groups do simply because they're donors.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idealism v. Pragmatism.

Four years of Trump's incompetence is four years too many. Since being able to vote, I may have disagreed fundamentally with McCain and Romney on their policies but I never said to myself "these guys can't lead" because both were successful before and showed the temperament of the people elected to be POTUS.

Trump has neither the temperment or the capacity to be POTUS. He doesn't want to lead America, he wants to feed that insatiable ego of his. America has been warned, his history of pettiness is well documented.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 10:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If Bill Clinton was "Slick Willy" I think we should call Trump "Slimy D."

His history of alleged impropriety with females is longer and more revolting than Bill's ever was.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 10:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

His history of alleged impropriety with females is longer and more revolting than Bill's ever was.

*and it's had about as much of an effect on him as Clinton's on himself.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the point in debating endlessly about the quality of these people.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-27 10:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wanted chelsea clinton to come on stage last night, eye-ball the crowd for 20 mississippi, then yell "I'm a republican ***! TRUMP 2016! let's make america great again!!!" then watch pandemonium ensue. bill would be scratching his head going 'wait a tic, that's not what we talked about at all....' hill-dog's head would explode, and I'd have pee'd myself laughing.

or at least that's how it went down in my imagination.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-27 10:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But I don't accept that Trump is a law-disregarding scum. What laws have he broken? (Serious question, I don't know of any laws Trump has broken, intent or not

I'm aware of the opinions regarding Hillary and that there's is not-uncompelling evidence that she has broken the law.

But there is equally compelling evidence that Trump has skirted and broken the laws over the years (see link I posted yesterday).

The man is practically always involved in legal proceedings as either the plaintiff or the defendant, and not just the standard "well, all corporations deal with this" sense.

Maybe not on the same "national security" level as Hillary, but he's been levied with fines for violating and disregarding many laws and regulations in the past.

The bottom line is that like many people, he acts like laws and regulations simply aren't for him because he's got the money to make it go away or pay the fine and not worry about it.

Which is the exact same thing so many people hate about Hillary. The hubris to not just disregard law and procedure, but the absolute arrogance while doing so.
Fine, I'll give you the minor law disregard. Major law disregard, at the level of disregard Clinton has shown, I still am skeptical.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I really wanted chelsea clinton to come on stage last night, eye-ball the crowd for 20 mississippi, then yell "I'm a republican ***! TRUMP 2016! let's make america great again!!!" then watch pandemonium ensue. bill would be scratching his head going 'wait a tic, that's not what we talked about at all....' hill-dog's head would explode, and I'd have pee'd myself laughing.

or at least that's how it went down in my imagination.

Chelsea knows better. Boating accidents are frequent this time of year....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-27 10:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I don't see the point in debating endlessly about the quality of these people.

I just wanted to make a *** joke.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Trump has neither the temperament or the capacity to be POTUS.

you come to this conclusion because of the sterling example set by the last three potus?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-27 10:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
When a cop lets you go with a warning for going 85 in a 65
Doesn't happen. >:(
I honestly once got a warning for 95 in a 60. It was past midnight, I was coming into the small town I live in, not another vehicle in 15 - 20 minuets, it was a local cop, I was still floored.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you come to this conclusion because of the sterling example set by the last three potus?

I'm willing to put down solid chocobucks that a Trump administration would make George W. Bush look like the Roosevelt administration.

There's a reason even the Bushes were like "yeah, no." on showing up to the RNC.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-27 10:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Four years of Trump's incompetence is four years too many.
So is eight years of Obama's incompetence, but we all had to live through it.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The more united we are as a species, the better we make the world and the quality of life for all of us.
Thanks to the internet, we have become more divided as a species than ever before.

No we haven't.

Stop going to shitty gossip sites and reading comment sections where the worst dregs of society see fit to post their bile.

I come to FFXIAH to ready the worst dregs of society instead !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-27 10:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to put down solid chocobucks that a Trump administration would make George W. Bush look like the Roosevelt administration.

There's a reason even the Bushes were like "yeah, no." on showing up to the RNC.
You mean besides the toxic rhetoric Trump had on Jeb?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

oh good. we look forward to receiving your vote then...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know that FFXIAH people can barely read and write let alone make an informed decision !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

YOU ALL KNOW THAT DEEP DEEP DOWN YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT AFTER TRUMP IS ELECTED!!!

all we are asking is that you give into your ungoldy desire to see the world burn and vote trump! Is that really so much to ask?

Join us and our cadre of evil!!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

California is already burned the rest of the country is soon to follow !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
California is already burned the rest of the country is soon to follow !

Give in to your morbid curiosity! Vote Trump!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-27 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at the future America you killed this horse:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Four years of Trump's incompetence is four years too many.
So is eight years of Obama's incompetence, but we all had to live through it.

All the Conservative hyperbole and the only thing that's spectacularly imploded is the Republican Party who having eight years to field an opponent to everything liberal turns in Trump as their homework.

It's such an embarrassment, half the major players were too ashamed to look the teacher in the eye and say "yeah, we *** up."

The only thing that kept this from being a complete and utter disaster is the Democrats squandering a beautiful opportunity by putting up contentious Hillary Clinton rather than say.... anybody.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-27 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that kept this from being a complete and utter disaster...

There is still time!!!

Utter Disaster 2016!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-27 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that kept this from being a complete and utter disaster...

There is still time!!!

Utter Disaster 2016!

Utter Disaster probably has a better chance of making the debates than Stein or Johnson. lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 82 83 84