Random Politics & Religion #07

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 59 60 61
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You're just a racist and a xenophobic bigot.
Reported!
you're joking right?

(i was)
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-29 14:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
That's not a ban
What do you call banning semi automatic gun ownership then if not a "ban"?

<wait's patiently>
A limitation.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, more double speak.

ban1
ban/
verb
verb: ban; 3rd person present: bans; past tense: banned; past participle: banned; gerund or present participle: banning

1.officially or legally prohibit.

To prohibit (through law) semi automatic gun ownership is to ban semi automatic guns.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Reported!
you're joking right?

(i was)

Furthermore I would hope if the report button was actually used, it would be considered "abuse" of the report button.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 15:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

more double speak
o_ò

Sometimes I wonder if you understand the phrases you use. They're so often in the wrong context...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

more double speak
o_ò

Sometimes I wonder if you understand the phrases you use. They're so often in the wrong context...
you mean like "Turkey bans ownership of semi automatic weapons?"
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-29 15:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone say 'ban'? Because I thought I heard someone say 'ban'!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-29 15:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this convo even happening? Who cares about Turkey's gun laws? They have no bearing on a suicide bomber at an airport. No, we aren't going to allow guns in airports, or nightclubs for that matter.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-29 15:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... you do realize that some already do, right?
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Reported!
you're joking right?

(i was)

Furthermore I would hope if the report button was actually used, it would be considered "abuse" of the report button.

All the report does is loads a pop up gif of a Asian girl drinking milk.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-29 15:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Belarusian president accidentally ​sparks international striptease:
Naked office selfies go viral after Alexander Lukashenko urges citizens to ‘get undressed and work till you sweat’

Awesome unintentional reaction
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Why is this convo even happening? Who cares about Turkey's gun laws? They have no bearing on a suicide bomber at an airport. No, we aren't going to allow guns in airports, or nightclubs for that matter.

I care about Turkey gun laws. I wrote a dissertation on them in my dissertation class !
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Be awesome if you posted the pics instead of a link !
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-29 15:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

*glares*
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They are naked but in a PG 13 sorta way. Hardly awesome.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-29 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a dress rehearsal, one girl still had shorts on!
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In more important news Obama vows to fight ISIS with hand to hand combat and or indiscriminate drone attacks.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-pins-istanbul-attack-isis/story?id=40218093
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I care about Turkey gun laws. I wrote a dissertation on them in my dissertation class !

Willful blindness is the only thing I can imagine that prevents one from noting the effectiveness of a gun ban on terrorism when terrorism happens in some other country that bans guns.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

President Barack Obama indirectly blamed ISIS for Tuesday’s terrorist attack in Istanbul, calling the carnage “an indication of how little these vicious organizations have to offer” to society.

“We stand with the people of Turkey, and we intend to do what’s necessary to make sure that these kinds of terrible events are not happening,” he told reporters after a meeting with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto in Ottawa, Canada.

Obama extended his “deepest condolences” to the people of Turkey for the “terrible attack” in Istanbul. He said he was in touch with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

“I had a chance to speak to President Erdogan earlier today to discuss with him not only how heartbroken we have been by the images of the injured and those killed but also to reaffirm our strong commitment to partner with Turkey, with NATO, with the broad-based alliance that we’ve structured around the world to fight ISIL,” Obama said.

Although ISIS has not claimed responsibility for the attack, U.S. lawmakers have indicated that it mirrors tactics previously employed by the terrorist group.

“While it is too early to determine who is ultimately responsible, this attack does fit the model previously employed by ISIL,” said Sen. Richard Burr, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. “These attacks are tragic reminders that ISIL is not contained and that America and our allies need a comprehensive and decisive strategy to defeat this extremist group.”

The attack at Ataturk International Airport left 41 people dead and 239 others injured, according to Istanbul Gov. Vasip Sahin.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-29 15:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you fire enough bullets at a bomb, you can suppress the blast or something.

That's why gun control has relevance to a bombing.

I think?

Nausi will need to confirm.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-29 15:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Willful blindness is the only thing I can imagine that prevents one from noting the effectiveness of a gun ban on terrorism when terrorism happens in some other country that bans guns.

That or nobody sees your false narrative that you are making up again. There is no connection. Guns can't prevent suicide bombings.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Maybe if you fire enough bullets at a bomb, you can suppress the blast or something.

That's why gun control has relevance to a bombing.

I think?

Nausi will need to confirm.

You realize they had guns too right?

Although that isn't essential to the greater point that banning guns doesn't prevent bad (or worse) things from happening.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-29 15:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And y'know, the bombing has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Turkey is within walking distance of a war zone.

Or that Turkey's issues with explosive terrorism predate their gun bans by a fair margin. And that absolutely none of them were prevented by a civilian with a relatively powerful gun.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-29 15:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling that shooting related deaths tanked though. I might look it up in a bit.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know we had experts in Middle Eastern geopolitics on a video game forum !
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-29 15:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know we had experts in Middle Eastern geopolitics on a video game forum !

Looking stuff up is hard.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-29 15:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They gotta do something with their free time.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Turkey should ban airports as they are vulnerable to terrorism. That will stop those pesky terrorists.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And y'know, the bombing has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Turkey is within walking distance of a war zone.

Or that Turkey's issues with explosive terrorism predate their gun bans by a fair margin. And that absolutely none of them were prevented by a civilian with a relatively powerful gun.

First, it's a war zone that we're importing poorly vetted low skilled refugees from. And secondly how could they, Turkey heavily restricts the ownership of firearms. Legal gun ownership is prohibitively expensive.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking stuff up is hard.

Pretty soon it will be all ISIS territory so they are going to have to think of a new name for Iraq and Syria.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 59 60 61