Random Politics & Religion #07

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 ... 59 60 61
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-20 09:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 285
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-20 09:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Will there be snacks?
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-20 09:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Paul Ryan's throat reminds me of that area between wang and sack when you shave your balls.

I cannot unsee.
By fonewear 2016-06-20 09:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't locked yet ?
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-20 09:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
This thread isn't locked yet ?
Just pretend it is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-20 10:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Paul Ryan's throat reminds me of that area between wang and sack when you shave your balls.

I cannot unsee.
Does it have a seam running through it?
By fonewear 2016-06-20 10:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

I cannot unsee.
Does it have a seam running through it?

Maybe if we:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-20 10:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

AG Lynch is actively scrubbing references to ISIS out of the 911 transcripts. Nothing like censoring the truth to fit your agenda.

How will liberals defend this?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-06-20 10:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

AG Lynch is actively scrubbing references to ISIS out of the 911 transcripts. Nothing like censoring the truth to fit your agenda.

Truth:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-20 10:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll tell you why they are scrubbing the ISIS propaganda it doesn't fit the "Guns kill people" narrative !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-20 10:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Nobody is denying it's there, they just don't want to publish ISIS propaganda.
Deleting it from the transcript is in fact denying it is there.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-20 10:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Investigators Say Orlando Shooter Showed Few Warning Signs Of Radicalization
NPR

TLDR: His profile is that of a typical mass shooter but he showed no outward signs of radicalization.

Quote:
As investigators probe the background of Omar Mateen, whose attack on Pulse nightclub in Orlando left 49 people dead, they say he bore few warning signs of radicalization.

Mateen had allegedly pledged allegiance to ISIS in a 911 call during the attack, as The Two-Way has reported. But as further details emerge about the shooter, investigators say Mateen's profile is more like that of a "typical mass shooter" than an individual radicalized by ISIS, as NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports.

In fact, intelligence officials and investigators say they're "becoming increasingly convinced that the motive for this attack had very little — or maybe nothing — to do with ISIS."

Speaking on Weekend Edition Saturday, Dina says that al-Qaida and ISIS-inspired attacks tend to follow a different pattern. She explains:

Quote:

"We know that during the attack the gunman posted messages on Facebook saying he was doing this on behalf of ISIS. But officials have yet to find any of the precursors usually associated with radicalization. They've interviewed dozens of people who either knew him or had contact with Mateen.

"And they say that they've yet to find any indication that he became noticeably more religious, which is one of the indicators of radicalization. He still was going to the same mosque. The way he dressed didn't change. His relationship with his family didn't change in any way. And these are all typically warning signs that parents and friends and educators are told to look for if they're worried that someone they're close to is radicalizing."
She adds "this isn't science," but so far the signs of radicalization aren't there, which has led investigators to wonder whether the 29-year-old invoked the name of ISIS to garner more publicity for his deadly attack.

The assault resulted in a hostage situation, and Mateen was ultimately killed in a firefight with law enforcement officers.

Investigators have also been struck by "how closely Mateen's biography adheres to profiles that they associate with typical mass shooters," Dina adds:

Quote:
"He was bullied as a kid in school. He had well-documented behavioral problems. He was aggressive toward other kids. As he got older, things didn't get much better. He took steroids, he jumped from job to job, he had a history of domestic violence. And all these things together fit into a mass shooter's profile."
Dina says Mateen reportedly beat both his first wife and his second one — and "violence and control and power are often precursors to mass attacks." ...

Citing reports that Mateen may have spent time at the Pulse nightclub, which is frequented by gays and lesbians, and used gay dating apps, Dina adds that investigators are beginning to lean towards a particular narrative: "Mateen may have had some problems with his sexuality, maybe even had some latent attraction to men. And he lashed out at the gay community as a result." ...
By fonewear 2016-06-20 10:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The most shocking thing about that article Chanti is that NPR is still around...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-20 11:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynch just hired a new spokesman:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-20 11:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Lynch just hired a new spokesman:

The Truth I got that from Tom Cruise:

Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-20 11:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The shooter had no connection to ISIS. Propagating the idea that his so-called allegiance was anything more than a convenient excuse for his hatred just plays into terrorist efforts for further radicalization.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-06-20 11:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need to ban Orlando it will drastically reduce gun violence and the spread of Disney and their propaganda !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-20 12:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

The shooter had no connection to ISIS. Propagating the idea that his so-called allegiance was anything more than a convenient excuse for his hatred just plays into terrorist efforts for further radicalization.

Keep telling yourself that. You're just playing out your own confirmation bias.

I wonder if during the WW2 era there was as large of a political voice that was just as scared to call the nazis by their name.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-20 12:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since the organization in question is repeatedly referred to by its name, ISIS, I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-20 12:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, but there sure as hell is a huge push to make sure homophobes aren't called by what they really are.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-20 12:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think we need to ban Orlando it will drastically reduce gun violence and the spread of Disney and their propaganda !

If we just kill everyone, there wouldn't be anyone left for guns to kill.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-20 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Keep telling yourself that. You're just playing out your own confirmation bias.

I wonder if during the WW2 era there was as large of a political voice that was just as scared to call the nazis by their name.
You mean nazis? The name they gave themselves? Hmm I wonder lol....

Do you honestly think the allies would have lost the war itself if they didn't call them nazis?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-20 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, the enemy was too clearly defined at that point. When it's ambigious, labels can have great psychological effect. That's why you see both sides chucking labels at each other constantly, hoping to see what sticks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-20 12:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ambiguous*
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-20 12:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Eh, the enemy was too clearly defined at that point. When it's ambigious, labels can have great psychological effect. That's why you see both sides chucking labels at each other constantly, hoping to see what sticks.
A psychological effect on who in this case?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-20 12:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Politics & Religion #07 sucks just as badly as all of the ones before it and you should feel bad for posting here!

Boycott Random Politics & Religion until they quit nuking the *** every stinking weekend!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-20 12:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because well let's be real here... Could it not have a psychological effect on Muslims? Making them feel already further isolated in this great nation of ours? Possibly driving them into a corner? Leading them to make bad decisions?

Why don't we focus on the enemy in front of us which already has clear labels and names instead of being so hellbent on alienating groups of people... Or explain to me exactly how saying the words Islamic extremist really makes a difference. Do you really believe saying that will win the war on terror? Or is this just another hateful thing we wish to perpetrate cuz we are pissed off about something...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-20 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Because well let's be real here... Could it not have a psychological effect on Muslims? Making them feel already further isolated in this great nation of ours? Possibly driving them into a corner? Leading them to make bad decisions?

Why don't we focus on the enemy in front of us which already has clear labels and names instead of being so hellbent on alienating groups of people... Or explain to me exactly how saying the words Islamic extremist really makes a difference. Do you really believe saying that will win the war on terror? Or is this just another hateful thing we wish to perpetrate cuz we are pissed off about something...

I don't see how "Islamic extremist" alienates regular Muslims. If anything I think it draws a nice distinction between the people I'm proud to have as friends and coworkers and the murderous lunatics that need to be kept in check.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 59 60 61