Random Politics & Religion #07

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 59 60 61
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-29 15:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
And y'know, the bombing has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Turkey is within walking distance of a war zone.

Or that Turkey's issues with explosive terrorism predate their gun bans by a fair margin. And that absolutely none of them were prevented by a civilian with a relatively powerful gun.

First, it's a war zone that we're importing poorly vetted low skilled refugees from. And secondly how could they, Turkey heavily restricts the ownership of firearms. Legal gun ownership is prohibitively expensive.
Read again, genius. I bolded it for you this time.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to me our policy in the Middle East is failing so what do we do ? We continue on doing the same thing hoping it gets better !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Isisyriaq!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 15:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It will take another event like 9/11 for us to finally take ISIS seriously. Until then just random drone strikes that just piss them off.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-29 15:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That map is out of date, ISIS completely lost Fallujah last week.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 15:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And y'know, the bombing has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Turkey is within walking distance of a war zone.

Or that Turkey's issues with explosive terrorism predate their gun bans by a fair margin. And that absolutely none of them were prevented by a civilian with a relatively powerful gun.

First, it's a war zone that we're importing poorly vetted low skilled refugees from. And secondly how could they, Turkey heavily restricts the ownership of firearms. Legal gun ownership is prohibitively expensive.
When is it you think these bans went into place?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-29 16:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

News no one of you probably cares about...

Relations between Italy and Egypt have been supershitty for a while(you might have heard of the italian researcher who was murdered in Egypt - probably by their secret services). Anyway Italy is "making pressure" by not selling them parts for the airplanes they use to bomb Syria.

I understand wanting to give a signal to Egypt that we are not happy with their lack of cooperation in the investigations, but this doesn't seem a particularly useful solution.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Italy has it's purpose like umm sports cars and olives !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-29 16:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Pfft, those are such overused stereotypes. Everyone knows Italy's greatest contribution to the world is concrete shoes.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My only thoughts on Italy come from the Travel Channel and it has about as much culture as well this forum ! All they did was eat stuff and drive funny looking cars.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways this is right up are alley of infotainment:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/misty-snow-plowright-transgender-congress-224921

Primary voters in Utah and Colorado selected transgender women to run for spots in Congress next fall — a first in major-party American political history.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/misty-snow-plowright-transgender-congress-224921#ixzz4D0WuwQ3T
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
By fonewear 2016-06-29 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow up they are highly qualified to be in Congress:

Snow, a 30-year-old grocery store clerk from Salt Lake City, beat her primary opponent by nearly 20 percentage points. She ran to the left of her more moderate opponent Jonathan Swinton, criticizing him for supporting limitations on abortion rights, according to a Salt Lake Tribune report.
Plowright, who is 33 years old and works in IT, was similarly successful in her district, located near Colorado Springs, Colorado. She earned the Democratic nomination there by winning more than 13,000 votes while her opponent earned just over 9,600.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-29 17:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Relations between Italy and Egypt have been supershitty for a while(you might have heard of the italian researcher who was murdered in Egypt - probably by their secret services). Anyway Italy is "making pressure" by not selling them parts for the airplanes they use to bomb Syria.

I understand wanting to give a signal to Egypt that we are not happy with their lack of cooperation in the investigations, but this doesn't seem a particularly useful solution.

haven't italy and egypt been on icy terms since egypt and uae launched airstrikes in libya about 2 years ago?
By Odinz 2016-06-29 18:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ataturk airport has one main entrance.. its a cluster f@#$. Europe's 3rd busiest airport but an absolute nightmare to travel through.

Why do they have to wait for things like this to happen to fix their...nvm, they're not even going to do anything about it now.
By fonewear 2016-06-29 19:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Ataturk airport has one main entrance.. its a cluster f@#$. Europe's 3rd busiest airport but an absolute nightmare to travel through.

Why do they have to wait for things like this to happen to fix their...nvm, they're not even going to do anything about it now.

All the more reason for me to stay the hell away from any and all airports it is death trap.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-29 20:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They also make some pretty cool guns...which is a pro or con depending on your views on guns.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-29 21:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

haven't italy and egypt been on icy terms since egypt and uae launched airstrikes in libya about 2 years ago?
They were not on good terms during WWII...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-29 23:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Nice, civilization has almost recaptured one city that Obama pissed away along with all of the sacrificed American and Iraqi lives.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-29 23:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That would actually be the second major city that Iraq gave to ISIS, but don't let facts get in the way of your fantasies.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 23:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Nice, civilization has almost recaptured one city that Obama pissed away along with all of the sacrificed American and Iraqi lives.
JV team.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-29 23:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Something something good guy with a gun.

Quote:
“His rounds struck 3 victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg,” Lt. Kevin Bobo said, who was on the scene shortly after the shooting.

The hero who shot Thompson, according to the lieutenant, has a valid concealed weapons permit. He cooperated with the investigators and won’t be facing any charges.

[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-30 03:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Iran - understand the Nuanced history of the Islamic Republic. Excellent breakdown of the Iranian political system.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-30 03:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why my spoilers don't work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXnYi_kOoE4
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-30 04:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
I don't know why my spoilers don't work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXnYi_kOoE4

Are you doing it from a smart phone ? I can't do it either on the cell phone. So I just normally wait till I get home to put up videos unless the information is copy Pastable like a news article those can work.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 05:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoilers don't work because Rooks sucks.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-30 07:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some cosplayer running for office.

I remember she did a "cosplay" with pot-leaf pasties and another where she was just nude in the shower.

I am sure the campaign will go well for her.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

I remember she did a "cosplay" with pot-leaf pasties and another where she was just nude in the shower.

I'm very against the concept of gauging someone's worth by how attractive they are.

But at least it's a quantifiable (albeit subjective) tangible asset that can be verified, unlike the ephemeral "worthiness" we bicker about as prescribed to politicians.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-30 09:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When is it you think these bans went into place?
Still waiting on this answer...
By fonewear 2016-06-30 09:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »

I'm very against the concept of gauging someone's worth by how attractive they are.

But at least it's a quantifiable (albeit subjective) tangible asset that can be verified, unlike the ephemeral "worthiness" we bicker about as prescribed to politicians.

I'm not against judging people by how they look it's my favorite past time !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 09:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not against judging people by how they look it's my favorite past time !

We know.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 59 60 61