First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-05-17 15:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
so i guess now n days everyone use geo in endgame pts, farm gear for their fav job like pup,war dnc etc, to solo other things since no one wanna invite them jobs, so i cant get to enjoy the endgame stuff with my fav job.
ya that seems very boring, now if that person enjoy being geo that great but for the others, well we just have to wait 1-2 months before another new endgame come out and the old one can be solo with trust, at this rate, they gonna just hand out free r/m/e Aeonic Weapons weapons to all from the gob box,

yup that's the meta of the game, vicious cycle, what makes people leave the game, diminish the players, remaining people cant get stuff done so the buy a new account and dual multi box content, alienating more people, just to get what they want and it starts alll over again
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-17 15:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

so i guess now n days everyone use geo in endgame pts, farm gear for their fav job like pup,war dnc etc, to solo other things since no one wanna invite them jobs, so i cant get to enjoy the endgame stuff with my fav job.
ya that seems very boring, now if that person enjoy being geo that great but for the others, well we just have to wait 1-2 months before another new endgame come out and the old one can be solo with trust, at this rate, they gonna just hand out free r/m/e Aeonic Weapons weapons to all from the gob box,

They already do, they just use Moogles.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-17 15:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Who are we kidding? SCH, BLM, GEO is all you need for 96% of end game content.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-17 15:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No, if you are a returning player, use a support job to gear the job you like until it is ready for higher end stuff. Then, once geared, you can go do endgame content in your favorite job (within reason). If you never left and progressed through all the stages, you probably already have an aegis, or a 1200 acc melee, or a 550+ jp sch, or a death blm. No one said you need to play geo until you can solo old content on war.

The issue is people don't want to pay their dues. They feel entitled to bring their favorite job in sparks gear to all engame content and be carried by all the people who put in the work. And when thing go badly, those are always the people who complain the most.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-17 15:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Who are we kidding? SCH, BLM, GEO is all you need for 96% of end game content.

So you just had to 1% up me on my previous post?

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
A lot of this "you are not really playing unless you are doing xyz" is some hippy sh*t for real. I got 95% of my BLU gear on another job, where I would have much rather got it on BLU.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-17 16:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Handies and blowies top the list.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-17 16:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Sylph.Ice said: »
Torpor/Precision are more important than just Frailty in my opinion

Then your melee's suck.

There are many ways to buff accuracy and accuracy is a linear buff. Defense down on the other hand scales the same way haste does, same with magic defense. 900 Dunna is 28.3%, Idris is 41.8%. That is worth more then any other buff except haste, which is easy to get. If you are using double acc over Frailty then you suck and shouldn't be meleeing that content.

Just to give ppl an idea of what I take on Reisenjima T2's, CL135, pretty much the highest your going to want to take melee on.

Tank (just cause)
DD (me usually WAR)
DD (someone else who doesn't get to play DD often)
GEO Vex / Attunment
GEO Precision / Frailty (Precision isn't needed unless the NM levels up)
WHM

The GEO's take turns entrust indi-haste.

The game's content doesn't stop at 135. Accuracy requirements are very lenient on 135 content. If you plan to do Maju or Neak with a melee setup, will you still not be using Torpor/Precision? Again, I repeat that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter as you're going to have 2 GEO in your party.

Edit: Though I do agree that bringing melee past 135 is not really feasible and should just use mages.
By nyheen 2016-05-17 17:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what. i kinda miss the old Abyssea and Voidwatch endgame stuff, at least that time we had something call proc!! and it gave every job a chance to join in the pt that able to do red blue yellow proc. and for that 18 exp/merit man pt?. anyone mostly was able to start a pt and jump in. fun happy times,
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-17 17:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what. i kinda miss the old Abyssea and Voidwatch endgame stuff, at least that time we had something call proc!! and it gave every job a chance to join in the pt that able to do red blue yellow proc. and for that 18 exp/merit man pt?. anyone mostly was able to start a pt and jump in. fun happy times,

No, just stfu right there. As soon as you said "miss the old Abyssea and Voudwatch...proc!!" we knew this wasn't a genuine comment. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY misses that content.
By protectorchrono 2016-05-17 17:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Then your melee's suck.

There are many ways to buff accuracy and accuracy is a linear buff. Defense down on the other hand scales the same way haste does, same with magic defense. 900 Dunna is 28.3%, Idris is 41.8%. That is worth more then any other buff except haste, which is easy to get. If you are using double acc over Frailty then you suck and shouldn't be meleeing that content.

Just to give ppl an idea of what I take on Reisenjima T2's, CL135, pretty much the highest your going to want to take melee on.

Tank (just cause)
DD (me usually WAR)
GEO Vex / Attunment
WHM

Edit: Though I do agree that bringing melee past 135 is not really feasible and should just use mages.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but now I think I'll weigh in. That sentence is a little narrow minded. I mean from that I can gather that even if melees have the accuracy, gear etc, most still wouldn't bring them to content past 135. That's just sad. Are people that lazy now that they can't break out of the cookie cutter setup? *sigh* I find that in itself discouraging to DPS players and or people who plan on returning and a mage onry setup is the only setup that the majority will take. It's like saying "We can't be bothered with your melee jobs cause *insert cookie cutter bandwagon job *cough blu cough* here* is better and we don't want our healers wasting mana". >_>
By nyheen 2016-05-17 17:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just stfu right there. As soon as you said "miss the old Abyssea and Voudwatch...proc!!" we knew this wasn't a genuine comment. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY misses that content.

sooo having a content bring a geo to get all the gear for your fav job to have some what of a small chance to even join a endgame with (job name here) vs i can use whatever job i love for the endgame because of the proc system?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-05-17 17:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i can use whatever job

That's cute.

Abyssea is basically just mnk or nin or thf, a whm healer, and a blm/brd for magic proc, war for red proc. Every once in awhile, you have a dnc there making everyone around them hate abyssea.

Job usage is much more diverse now than it was back then.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-17 18:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Procs were *** terrible. Playing proc-*** in VW was the only time I've ever hated playing BLU. Abyssea procs were manageable, but also much more exclusionary if you wanted to be efficient about it.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-17 18:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sooo having a content bring a geo to get all the gear for your fav job to have some what of a small chance to even join a endgame with (job name here) vs i can use whatever job i love for the endgame because of the proc system?

Damn someone opened a can of worms. Imagine Voidwatch with geo and rune. We need a geo for procs. Can a geo cast geo fury? Rune use lux for procs. Hell we need All 20 jobs to cover all procs but there's only 18 members for Alliances.
By Bloodrose 2016-05-17 18:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Procs were *** terrible. Playing proc-*** in VW was the only time I've ever hated playing BLU. Abyssea procs were manageable, but also much more exclusionary if you wanted to be efficient about it.
Playing Blu during VW procs was ridiculous. Needed 2 blus to make sure you could all the magic procs listed, otherwise you had to wait 5 minutes or so for the newly equipped spell to reset the list. And by then the alliance would kill it, tell you you're a horrible blue mage, or the alliance wiped, and blamed the blue mage for not setting every single spell listed.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-17 18:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The Voidwatch proccing system was my absolute least favorite period in the game as a BLU, by a very far margin. I still despise VW after all these years, even when I'm not proccing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-05-17 18:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Last content I can even remember being challenging and fun was Legion. Idk where this Abyssea and proc love comes from, is it because it was so easy you could almost do it afk on any job?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-17 18:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Legion, to me, was very fun with groups. I also enjoyed ZNM. Early days of Salvage (where we had to figure it out and use actual strategy to clear floors/pop NMs) was really fun, despite bee and spider NMs NEVER DROPPING.

But abyssea and Voidwatch were so flawed (moreso VW) that they actually have events that circumvent that whole proccing system, because it was utter rubbish. And the drop rates on some of the best gear was so laughable, that you can come as your "favorite job" but you're not getting anything worthwhile until 500+ stones in.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-05-17 19:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP was one of the worst jobs for Abyssea. Sure, you can punch stuff real good, but it was screwed for procs. I don't think PUP had a single Abyssea proc that you could get without setting a subjob.

I recently got the horns for Ochain and was pleasantly surprised that the best way to get NM pops was to build up amber lights (another thing PUP can't do in Aby without the right subjob, thank you Shantotto II for the blue and amber) and get the KI from a gold chest. I got all 75 of them in a week.
By nyheen 2016-05-17 21:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
PUP was one of the worst jobs for Abyssea. Sure, you can punch stuff real good, but it was screwed for procs. I don't think PUP had a single Abyssea proc that you could get without setting a subjob.

I recently got the horns for Ochain and was pleasantly surprised that the best way to get NM pops was to build up amber lights (another thing PUP can't do in Aby without the right subjob, thank you Shantotto II for the blue and amber) and get the KI from a gold chest. I got all 75 of them in a week.

lol what do you mean about that? it sucks without the "right subjob"? if that the case let see how many other jobs perform without the "right subjob". back then before the soa stuff i made videos soloing many! of the abyssea NMs that other jobs had a difficult time doing and even proc red some. so ya saying it one of the worst job?. it one of the hardest over price job to master
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-17 21:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you're blind or intentionally being dumb. He said it's one of the worst for Abyssea farming as it lacks the proccing ability of other jobs. Read what people say instead of jumping to conclusions.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-18 00:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Then your melee's suck.

Tank (just cause)
DD (me usually WAR)
GEO Vex / Attunment
WHM

The game's content doesn't stop at 135. Accuracy requirements are very lenient on 135 content. If you plan to do Maju or Neak with a melee setup, will you still not be using Torpor/Precision? Again, I repeat that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter as you're going to have 2 GEO in your party.

CL135 is about ~1400 accuracy requirement, which is reasonable for people to reach. The next step up is CL145 and your slamming into a 1600+ accuracy requirement wall which is the point where it's simply more trouble then it's worth.

Also the purposes of my doing melee at CL135, which practically nobody does, is to give players who enjoy melee jobs yet must come to events as GEO / BLMs / ect.. a chance to play that tricked out melee. Rua, one of our Idris GEO's, absolutely loves his DRG and DRK but understandably never gets to use them on big stuff and thus this provides an opportunity for people to kill big dangerous stuff on melee's. Artificially limiting the DD pool selection to BLU / DNC / DRG due to obscene accuracy requirements and then doing the content in a super slow method is counter productive.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-05-18 01:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
i can use whatever job

That's cute.

Abyssea is basically just mnk or nin or thf, a whm healer, and a blm/brd for magic proc, war for red proc. Every once in awhile, you have a dnc there making everyone around them hate abyssea.

That's being generous, most of abyssea could be done with counterstancing mnk and whm during thunder/light/dark day at blunt hour.
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-18 02:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »

Puppetmaster had access to all of the Blue H2H procs aside from Asuran Fists by virtue of it being your main. Staff and Club skill I do not think it had any of, so you would have to be relying on /WAR, which with Pitchfork/+1 you had access to the Thunder element Red proc, and with an elemental staff (provided some extra +skill gear/all jobs ftw) and a low level club, got you three more Reds. sure, they were no WAR or NIN, which by their powers combined would net you every Red proc, but PUP was first able to shine in Abyssea.

PUP could stack Atmas like a Monk, pop off Stringing Pummel over Victory Smite, have their own dedicated WHM, and with stat inflation their B- Accuracy wasn't nearly the hindrance it was prior/leading up to the relatively recent bump to A+. Empyrean armor was finally a set with some nice stats to it, which, short of Usukane, you were left with a hodgepodge of Enkidu's and Relic prior. the only thing PUP really lost over Monk was Kicks/Counters, and some Blue Proc flexibility, in favor of the Automaton.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-18 07:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »
I wasn't gonna say anything, but now I think I'll weigh in. That sentence is a little narrow minded. I mean from that I can gather that even if melees have the accuracy, gear etc, most still wouldn't bring them to content past 135. That's just sad. Are people that lazy now that they can't break out of the cookie cutter setup? *sigh* I find that in itself discouraging to DPS players and or people who plan on returning and a mage onry setup is the only setup that the majority will take. It's like saying "We can't be bothered with your melee jobs cause *insert cookie cutter bandwagon job *cough blu cough* here* is better and we don't want our healers wasting mana". >_>

The reason people don't bring melees to lv 145 content is because it takes 1600-1800 acc to hit them. Blu doesn't go melee them any more than any other job. So don't call blu "cookie cutter bandwagon job," just because you have no idea what's going on. Some of us have loved that job for the better part of a decade and stuck with it even during the bad years.
[+]
By Selindrile 2016-05-18 08:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
i can use whatever job

That's cute.

I actually do miss abyssea in some ways, but that was just because the time investment/reward ratio felt right. It was terrible for job diversity.

Whm/Thf - TH3 with Tarutaru Sash.
Nin/War - Red Procs
Blm/Brd - Yellow Procs

Done, could do anything quickly and efficiently.

Mnk + Whm was good for the Blue Proc situation, Rani, Shinryu, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-18 08:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
I actually do miss abyssea in some ways, but that was just because the time investment/reward ratio felt right. It was terrible for job diversity.

I agree the effort vs reward was great. The "super players" who grind out everything ASAP and then complain about being bored will abuse the system, but the other 95% of the player population really enjoyed that content. Then Tanaka came back, flipped his ***and decided to reintroduce glacial reward progression based on randomness, aka voidwatch box's.
[+]
By volkom 2016-05-18 08:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

3 more pages~
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-05-18 09:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Legion, to me, was very fun with groups. I also enjoyed ZNM. Early days of Salvage (where we had to figure it out and use actual strategy to clear floors/pop NMs) was really fun, despite bee and spider NMs NEVER DROPPING.

But abyssea and Voidwatch were so flawed (moreso VW) that they actually have events that circumvent that whole proccing system, because it was utter rubbish. And the drop rates on some of the best gear was so laughable, that you can come as your "favorite job" but you're not getting anything worthwhile until 500+ stones in.

As a method of distributing gear, Voidwatch was terrible. As a method of flooding the economy with minted gil via chocobo blinkers, it was the tops!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8