Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-16 14:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Afania said: »
So why tell others to pay $13 a month to do things they don't enjoy?

then why play at all?

so the problem with blowing bubbles in the backfield is it's not playing the game. and you do it to what end? to get gear for the job you like playing? to then what? go back and crush the content you couldn't be bothered to do in the first place?

your way doesn't make any sense.

final fantasy is was and always will be about grinding to the top.

yes you can "cheat" and skip the whole game but what the hell are you going to do when you get the gear you wanted?

Did you just said playing geo, which a legit job in ffxi, is not really playing the game?

YES! In his case yes. He doesn't even have it at 99 yet.

If you burn geo to 99 just so you can go to end game without actually playing the game then you aren't playing the game!

it's a really simple concept to understand.
why not then just go buy a character with everything already done?

I can see him now... answering a pug shout for a geo when he hasn't played it at all...this is going to be awesome!

maybe you guys should write a macros for him called "let someone else play my character" so he can push it once and then someone else will actually play the game for him and he can just watch....

and then people wonder why everyone would rather take/dual box a mule

Claiming playing geo being the same as buying a character or auto play macro is one of the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen. Not sure how playing geo is somehow the same as buying char but playing drk nin or whatever other jobs are not buying char? Please stop.

There are lots of "real challenges" in this game after skipping low tier content. You can challenge T3 T4, you can try to perfect one of your jobs and do parse war. Playing low tier content the hard way by trying to join parties on undergeared thf isn't "real challenge".
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-16 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Lakshmi.Minivict said: »
If you would take a Dunna GEO over a AREM bRd you on crack brah

My R/E/M BRD mule is on Duna GEO 99% of the time. If I could get Honor March on her, it might be a different story. Depends on if I can still get 4x Ghorn level songs on but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be possible.

Besides, the mind-f_ck of having to put up 4x Harp songs, Trob/Nightingale 3x Ghorn songs and introducing an additional step of now switching out Ghorn for the Aeonic Honor March seems like a SHITON of effort where I could just entrust indi-haste my main, indy-fury myself and geo-frailty and probably achieve better results.
2x Ghorn Minuets < 1 x Indi-frailty + Geo fury @ 900 geo skill
I can always /whm or /rdm on geo and just indi-haste and cast haste to beat 2x Ghorn Marchs.

Soulvoice is another story, but that's once every 45 mins.

@OP - play BLM. Easiest job to currently gear and be @ end game status for. Took me 4 days of being back to game after 2 years hiatus to pump out 99,9999 Thunder VI magic Bursts. That's not a testestament to how great my blm is, just how awesome idris-geo's are.

Poor brd.. seriously wtf was SE thinking making GEO.. lol...

SE should give BRD some other instruments to play... percussion. Yes they could beat on drums and eventually become their own one man band. lol
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-16 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
become their own one man band

what a 119 bard should look like

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-16 14:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Claiming playing geo being the same as buying a character or auto play macro is one of the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen.

playing geo since it came out in SoA is VERY DIFFERENT than someone burning it to 99 TODAY.

if you can't understand my point there is no hope or help for you.

good day.
[+]
By Gruknor 2016-05-16 14:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So why tell others to pay $13 a month to do things they don't enjoy?

then why play at all?

so the problem with blowing bubbles in the backfield is it's not playing the game. and you do it to what end? to get gear for the job you like playing? to then what? go back and crush the content you couldn't be bothered to do in the first place?

your way doesn't make any sense.

final fantasy is was and always will be about grinding to the top.

yes you can "cheat" and skip the whole game but what the hell are you going to do when you get the gear you wanted?

Did you just said playing geo, which a legit job in ffxi, is not really playing the game?

YES! In his case yes. He doesn't even have it at 99 yet.

If you burn geo to 99 just so you can go to end game without actually playing the game then you aren't playing the game!

it's a really simple concept to understand.
why not then just go buy a character with everything already done?

I can see him now... answering a pug shout for a geo when he hasn't played it at all...this is going to be awesome!

maybe you guys should write a macros for him called "let someone else play my character" so he can push it once and then someone else will actually play the game for him and he can just watch....

and then people wonder why everyone would rather take/dual box a mule

Claiming playing geo being the same as buying a character or auto play macro is one of the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen. Not sure how playing geo is somehow the same as buying char but playing drk nin or whatever other jobs are not buying char? Please stop.

There are lots of "real challenges" in this game after skipping low tier content. You can challenge T3 T4, you can try to perfect one of your jobs and do parse war. Playing low tier content the hard way by trying to join parties on undergeared thf isn't "real challenge".

He is just bitter that the endgame is not a game of who has a better claimbot. Or how many times are we going to wipe in DIEnamis tonight. I enjoy this endgame, I can set up parties with ls friends or pugs, and try to steamroll content.

Both Geo and Brd can be done with the bare minimum and you can still succeed. That might be what he is talking about.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-05-16 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If GEO was in other games..

Street Fighter 5:
Blanka - mash that punch button over and over again for the electric move, that's all you're good for you monkey.

Tekken:
Eddie.
Any combination of moves will result in what aesthetically appears to be very skilled gameplay.
Truth is you have no *** clue what you're doing, Eddie fans. Try playing with Yoshimitsu or Howarang.

Mario Kart:
Toad - f u mushroom

Smashbross:
FAWKUN PAWNCH

if GEO was an action movie it would star chuck norris, co-star chuck norris, be directed by chuck norris, produced by chuck norris, and critiqued by chuck norris.

If GEO was a sports car it would be an F22 Raptor.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-16 14:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
He is just bitter that the endgame is not a game of who has a better claimbot.

yeah that's what I miss the most.... >.>

I leveled smn to help my shellmates get through Prommies in CoP
I miss people working together to get stuff that would help others.

not so they could stand in jeuno glowing
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-16 14:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
He is just bitter that the endgame is not a game of who has a better claimbot.

yeah that's what I miss the most.... >.>

I leveled smn to help my shellmates get through Prommies in CoP
I miss people working together to get stuff that would help others.

not so they could stand in jeuno glowing

Right, so lving geo is somehow not helping out ls event and "cheat" through content, playing othet jobs are not.

I don't understand your logic because there are no logic in your statement.

Anyways, my point is that if you enjoy doing skirmish and climb the gear ladder slowly on unpopular jobs then go for it, but why pop in OPs thread, who was clearly asking for advice to get things done efficiently, and tell them not to do things efficiently by trolling with "if you playing geo you're cheating like buying character" comment?

It just seems trollish and unhelpful.
By Afania 2016-05-16 15:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Street Fighter 5:
Blanka - mash that punch button over and over again for the electric move, that's all you're good for you monkey.

Tekken:
Eddie.
Any combination of moves will result in what aesthetically appears to be very skilled gameplay.
Truth is you have no *** clue what you're doing, Eddie fans. Try playing with Yoshimitsu or Howarang.

Mario Kart:
Toad - f u mushroom

Smashbross:
FAWKUN PAWNCH

if GEO was an action movie it would star chuck norris, co-star chuck norris, be directed by chuck norris, produced by chuck norris, and critiqued by chuck norris.

All these ***talk about geo not needing "skill", I bet you still look for a geo for group or endgame content. So do you make others play geo for you while you play whatever job that needs most skill ever?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-16 15:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno how you guys don't understand what Nik's saying: Nearly everyone who is leveling GEO is doing so because of the demand for it in strategies. It's lame for a new person to come back to the game and be told "Level GEO or you won't get to do anything".
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-05-16 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Street Fighter 5:

Tekken:
Eddie.

Mario Kart:
Toad - f u mushroom

Smashbross:
FAWKUN PAWNCH

All these ***talk about geo not needing "skill", I bet you still look for a geo for group or endgame content. So do you make others play geo for you while you play whatever job that needs most skill ever?

Are you french? If you were capable of reading you would see I already said that I am my group's GEO on my mule. I'm also the WHM and the Tank unless I'm lucky enough to be able to come DD.

And do you really want to sit there with a straight face and tell me GEO isn't easy street?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-16 16:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno though. I've seen bad Geos in my time. To say Geo doesn't take any skill to play is really undermining the jobs potential.
Knowing what spells to use and when, not casting the same spell as another geo, knowing that you can do decent MB damage, knowing how to apply the JAs etc.

I like Rune, I had a lot of fun with Epeolatry. Such a great tool. Its not game breaking like Idris+Bolster is, but AM3+ Battuta and Inspiration is a fun playstyle.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-16 16:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Dunno how you guys don't understand what Nik's saying: Nearly everyone who is leveling GEO is doing so because of the demand for it in strategies. It's lame for a new person to come back to the game and be told "Level GEO or you won't get to do anything".

It is only lame if OP is here to ask "what content should I do as a returning player", however the title of this thread was clearly "what job is sought after", and we simply answered the question.

Street Fighter 5:

Tekken:
Eddie.

Mario Kart:
Toad - f u mushroom

Smashbross:
FAWKUN PAWNCH

Are you french? If you were capable of reading you would see I already said that I am my group's GEO on my mule. I'm also the WHM and the Tank unless I'm lucky enough to be able to come DD.

And do you really want to sit there with a straight face and tell me GEO isn't easy street?

Yes I'm capable of reading the title of this thread at least. Also all of the current popular job aren't that skill demanding, except RUN and WHM.
By Blazed1979 2016-05-16 16:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I'm capable of reading the title of this thread at least. Also all of the current popular job aren't that skill demanding, except RUN

Oh come on Afania, the title of the thread is exactly what makes talking about Geo relevant.

Is there another job as in high demand at the moment?
Is the job very easy to get into?(As opposed to say, Blue where you have 100 blue spells to farm?)
Is the job effective?

If you wanted a way back intothe game, what job would you recommend? I already recommended BLM because GEO is not particularly fun, engaging, or challenging. But it is most def the fastest route to group content.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-16 16:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I dunno though. I've seen bad Geos in my time. To say Geo doesn't take any skill to play is really undermining the jobs potential.
Knowing what spells to use and when, not casting the same spell as another geo, knowing that you can do decent MB damage, knowing how to apply the JAs etc.

I like Rune, I had a lot of fun with Epeolatry. Such a great tool. Its not game breaking like Idris+Bolster is, but AM3+ Battuta and Inspiration is a fun playstyle.

This, saying geo is cheated through content and require no skill is the same as saying melee and bst is just spam ws macros, pld is just flash spamming, sch just spams sc macros and cor just do two rolls.

Never understand why all of the above mentioned job isn't cheating but geo is. More like job hating.
By Afania 2016-05-16 16:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I'm capable of reading the title of this thread at least. Also all of the current popular job aren't that skill demanding, except RUN

Oh come on Afania, the title of the thread is exactly what makes talking about Geo relevant.

Is there another job as in high demand at the moment?
Is the job very easy to get into?(As opposed to say, Blue where you have 100 blue spells to farm?)
Is the job effective?

If you wanted a way back intothe game, what job would you recommend? I already recommended BLM because GEO is not particularly fun, engaging, or challenging. But it is most def the fastest route to group content.

It doesn't matter if the job is fun or not. If OP asked the question then we give answers.

And for some reason it attracted tons of trolls and geo hater. The comment of playing geo= cheating is over exaggerated and unnecessary IMO.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-16 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what jobs are considered the most popular at this moment.

What does matter is what jobs you are willing to invest time and effort into.

If you want to invest time into making an Idris GEO, then so be it. If not, well, so be it.

The best jobs are the ones you like to play as.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-05-16 17:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you loose to a Blanka in street fighter who spams the electric charge, you suck at street fighter.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-16 17:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
If you loose to a Blanka in street fighter who spams the electric charge, you suck at street fighter.

Only kids or casual players spam electric charge.

Geo needs to help with debuff anf reapply them, help with haste and na, help with sleeps, or mb. If you dont have 900 skill you may not get invite.

Never understand the statement of playing geo= not playing the game.
By Damane 2016-05-16 17:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say tough the latest random geos i had in pt made me cringe. No nuke gear, no cap hand/geo skill (yeah not talking 900 i mean natural skill cap).

Everytime i get a PUG Geo i fear it will be *** ._. which is the case in 80% of the time
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-05-16 18:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tekken:
Eddie.
Truth is you have no *** clue what you're doing, Eddie fans. Try playing with Yoshimitsu or Howarang

Howarang???? Really???
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-16 18:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

When the alternative is not being invited to anything I don't see how it's lame. Most shouts, even if they're not BLU specific, request 1100+ acc on a DD. Do you know how difficult that is for a newly returning player to acquire?
By Tarlant 2016-05-16 19:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH, Tank and healer are equally sought after. It's just that as usual less people play support roles so of course there is going to more demand it. In the past it was BRD, now it's GEO.

I don't get why people say GEO is "win" button, sure we have powerful buff/debuff, but our solo-power kinda sucks and we only shine in groups. Compared to what BLU and SCH can do alone it's basically nothing.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-16 20:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarlant said: »
we only shine in groups. Compared to what BLU and SCH can do alone it's basically nothing.

which is the *** point
[+]
By Faelar 2016-05-16 21:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

When the alternative is not being invited to anything I don't see how it's lame. Most shouts, even if they're not BLU specific, request 1100+ acc on a DD. Do you know how difficult that is for a newly returning player to acquire?

I regret leveling GEO. Regardless of my inclusion in events, it's the most boring job I've ever played. Put up Indi-, put down Geo-, stand there til they wear off, re-cast as needed. But it's the only job people will let me play in events. I also have WHM RDM DRG and WAR decently geared, but nope. Gotta bring dat GEO.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-16 21:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

I regret leveling GEO. Regardless of my inclusion in events, it's the most boring job I've ever played. Put up Indi-, put down Geo-, stand there til they wear off, re-cast as needed. But it's the only job people will let me play in events. I also have WHM RDM DRG and WAR decently geared, but nope. Gotta bring dat GEO.

Then get an enfeebling set and keep frazzle/distract/paralyze/slow/blind up. Or get a nuke set and nuke away (unless you're doing t4 content where DEATH ONLY NOBODY ELSE NUKES!). Or you can sub WHM and help heal/erase/-na. There's so much more you CAN do on GEO.
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-16 21:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

Then get an enfeebling set and keep frazzle/distract/paralyze/slow/blind up. Or get a nuke set and nuke away (unless you're doing t4 content where DEATH ONLY NOBODY ELSE NUKES!). Or you can sub WHM and help heal/erase/-na. There's so much more you CAN do on GEO.

Even if it is Death only MB you can come /whm to help with cures,erases and na spells, /rdm like mentioned above for enfeebles, and even /blm to throw some stuns. If you just standing there doing nothing on geo but bubbles then you not doing the full potential of the job. Geo's should definitely have nuke sets made to MB with the blm unless like mentioned above it is death MB.

As far as people saying level geo or you will not get nothing done there is many other jobs including sch that are utilized a lot nowadays. Sch is actually a great solo job as well, and I know many people that use it to solo some NM in Escha RuAun, and Reisenjima.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-05-16 21:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO is the easiest job to gear and use in almost ANY content in the game. It's literally the only job that is required for anything hard and pretty much all content.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-16 21:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
GEO is the easiest job to gear and use in almost ANY content in the game. It's literally the only job that is required for anything hard and pretty much all content.

Which is why it's universally suggested for anyone asking how to get into endgame quickly.

That all said, just because you can cast a 900 skill Dunna bubble doesn't mean you've "mastered" GEO. There's a lot you can do on the job. It's not high stress by any means, but you can do more than just bubbles in any content in the game.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8