Fenrir.Acey said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
Afania said: »
Afania said: »
Asura.Kitsia said: »

Depends what situation and which SCH you are talking about. Good SCH's solo stuff all night long for bragging rights. They most certainly aren't at the entry level of this game.

If you wanted to throw another easy-street job at me, lets talk about BST.

Another job that requires one to do ***-all and yields phenomenal results.

For. Beast to get the phenomal results though one has to be amazingly geared. You can't just throw a beast without - ready gear, that doesn't have idle sets, that doesn't have near perfect augments and still see good numbers. Bst takes work to gear not as much as other jobs but still takes work

People are biased and exaggerate. Bst cannot get phenomenal results with easy-to-get gear. They can get SOME results. Same with whm sch and geo. Whereas, let's say thf mnk pup drk pld and others, those jobs will get zero results without good gear. It really sucks that a returning player asked a simple question, and rather than giving them an honest answer like what I just said, it became insults and a competition over who's epeen is bigger. But there's really just 1 person in this thread to blame.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2016-05-19 12:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »

COR and BRD need Debuffs Similar to GEO to put them on pair with that job, physical debuffs, Magical Debuffs, Physical evasion, Magical Evasion.

The COR Ring +5 need to stack having the desired Job in party. Lets say i use Chaos with a DRK on party the +5 Ring need stack, to buff COR buffs potency.

BRD need new Songs multi purpose. Attack/RA attack , Acuracy/Ra Accuracy, Ma Accuracy / Magic attack bonus, Haste/Flurry, Refresh/Regen and increase the duration similar to COR dices.

RDM need Buffs Attack, Acu, Magical Acu, Magical Attack, Hastega II, Refresaga II. RDM, BRD and COR should be on pair of GEO making Geo be the Top Dog.

All of this exists already... GEO just wins.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-05-19 12:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
But there's really just 1 person in this thread to blame.
Ego, our mortal enemy.

Magic Damage and SkillChain Damage its too strong, they need to Nerf this to close or equal physical damage. Doing this the huge distances between jobs will be reduced.
Why nerf when you could buff.

That being said, someone said it before but, it's all about rotating what's good and what isn't. And that's what has been going on, so everything is actually going as expected and is working properly.

On topic:

Unless you want to jump into Reisenjima right away, the job you play has very little importance. Asking various people, every single activity they speak of that isn't Reiseijima screams "who cares what you bring, it doesn't matter". I don't remember exactly but Escha may or may not be anal about jobs, too.

All I can say is that you can farm AF2+2 solo with a ghetto PLD and some trusts. I've done it. That should give you a certain base to go after other stuff.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-05-19 13:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

God forbid people might actually enjoy playing those "free entry" jobs.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2016-05-19 13:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »

COR and BRD need Debuffs Similar to GEO to put them on pair with that job, physical debuffs, Magical Debuffs, Physical evasion, Magical Evasion.

The COR Ring +5 need to stack having the desired Job in party. Lets say i use Chaos with a DRK on party the +5 Ring need stack, to buff COR buffs potency.

BRD need new Songs multi purpose. Attack/RA attack , Acuracy/Ra Accuracy, Ma Accuracy / Magic attack bonus, Haste/Flurry, Refresh/Regen and increase the duration similar to COR dices.

RDM need Buffs Attack, Acu, Magical Acu, Magical Attack, Hastega II, Refresaga II. RDM, BRD and COR should be on pair of GEO making Geo be the Top Dog.

They need implement the system in a way like this to match GEO power.

BRD Job Points Minuet VI. Increase Attack and RA attack 30% with BRD relic 35%, Share cooldowns with all other Valor Minuet lower tiers.

BRD job Points Defense Down. Reduce physical defense 30% with BRD relic 35%.

Do not stack with other BRD Minuet Songs, Do not Stack with other BRD debuffs.
Songs duration 4 Mins with BRD relic 5 Min.
Song Cant be displeable like Geo Garbage.

Songs like this its what BRD need to be on pair with Geo. This will allow BRD buff their party and go in DPS mode or Co healer Mode and having Similar potency Buff/Debuff.

RDM. Hastega II - Flurry II AGA, this will match Geo Haste.

RDM attack buff. If RDM mele Increase attack power/ Ranged Attack 35% to all party members, RDM have DIA so can match Geo-Mancer support abitilies now. Buffs cannot removed by enemy.

COR. The ring +5 in potency working even with the desire Job, will make COR buffs really strong similar to GEO or BRD.

Magic Defense Down Shot - Reduces physical defense of enemy 30%, cannot miss its magical, you dont need anymore wait for a Debuff, duration 90 seconds with death penalty or arma effect 35%

Im absolutely Sure this make a lot of people play BRD, COR, RDM really happy cuz finally they can play this jobs instead of GEO.

A bunch of people already do play those jobs, but a few things to point out. NiTro allows songs to last rouhgly 7.5 mins on my junk bard with outdated gear, and am sure it's longer now especially with REM (which I don't have). RDM should be able to do that /SCH. Haven't done much COR, but iirc they have gear to let them get mdef down based on the quick draw element. May want to check a few things out before you ask for enhancements that already exist. Oh, and asking for non-dispelable songs would be like asking for perma buffs that are non-dispelable as any other job. Silly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-19 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They need implement the system in a way like this to match GEO power.

BRD Job Points Minuet VI. Increase Attack and RA attack 30% with BRD relic 35%, Share cooldowns with all other Valor Minuet lower tiers.

BRD job Points Defense Down. Reduce physical defense 30% with BRD relic 35%.

Do not stack with other BRD Minuet Songs, Do not Stack with other BRD debuffs.
Songs duration 4 Mins with BRD relic 5 Min.
Song Cant be displeable like Geo Garbage.

Songs like this its what BRD need to be on pair with Geo. This will allow BRD buff their party and go in DPS mode or Co healer Mode and having Similar potency Buff/Debuff.

RDM. Hastega II - Flurry II AGA, this will match Geo Haste.

RDM attack buff. If RDM mele Increase attack power/ Ranged Attack 35% to all party members, RDM have DIA so can match Geo-Mancer support abitilies now. Buffs cannot removed by enemy.

COR. The ring +5 in potency working even with the desire Job, will make COR buffs really strong similar to GEO or BRD.

Magic Defense Down Shot - Reduces physical defense of enemy 30%, cannot miss its magical, you dont need anymore wait for a Debuff, duration 90 seconds with death penalty or arma effect 35%

Im absolutely Sure this make a lot of people play BRD, COR, RDM really happy cuz finally they can play this jobs instead of GEO.

A bunch of people already do play those jobs, but a few things to point out. NiTro allows songs to last rouhgly 7.5 mins on my junk bard with outdated gear, and am sure it's longer now especially with REM (which I don't have). RDM should be able to do that /SCH. Haven't done much COR, but iirc they have gear to let them get mdef down based on the quick draw element. May want to check a few things out before you ask for enhancements that already exist. Oh, and asking for non-dispelable songs would be like asking for perma buffs that are non-dispelable as any other job. Silly.

Cor can't do mdef-, just straight elemental damage +25% when quick draw lands.
By Inudesu 2016-05-19 14:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly i think square enix can't make fights to be friendly for Physical - Magical Jobs sametime. Im sure we will not get more major content so escha and Rei will the content we will playing years....

If they Add Escha Z, Escha R and Rei Tier V Monsters the best to avoid problems its this

Body - Hands Drops One Mob be only vulnerable Two handers weapons. So you are forced to use SAM, DRK, DRG WAR. All other damage will be doing "0" damage.

Legs - Head. One Mob be vulnerable to magical Ranged WS and Magic Damage. So you bring Cors, RNG and BLM in this content. Cor should make the skillChains so the mages can magic burst. Mob Should use AoE attacks 20 metters.

Feet - Accesories, Neck, Rings. 1 Hander Jobs, H2H, Dagger, Katana.

So you are forced to give a oportunity to unwanted jobs to play, if you want gear you should need Two hander, 1 Hander and Magical Job.

The only jobs should bypass anyform of damage restrictions are PLD, RUN and NIN for TANK. Honestly i dont think with the old combat system of FFXI they can make fights where all jobs are viable to play.

Other MMRPGS fix this with Auto party finders restrictions 1 Tank, 2 Mele DPS, 2 Ranged DPS and 1 Healer. So you are forced to play with those jobs no matter what.

If you give the chance to the top players of make the perfect set up they WILL do that even if the differences are really Small. They will let outside 90% of non optimal Jobs. This is the only way its force the *** to play with non optimal set ups if they want play with the "public", only in their static they can form their perfect set up in FF14, WOW this is the way the ***work.

Now i suggested the nerf cuz. WAR can do 10k damage with resolution and BLM can do 99k damage with a Nuke. Its 10 times more damage. if WAR DPS its 1000 - BLM DPS will be 10 000. The difference its INSANE, matsui must be in freaking drugs when he balance the ***, i prefer tanaka at least the difference was 1000 vs 1500 not 10k vs 100k Lol

How are the melee going to hit the next tier when they already can't hit well in helms and t3s?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-19 14:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

a good war is doing 20k+ reso, and death has a recast of 45 seconds even with alacrity so let's not pretend those single numbers mean anything

on anything war can get a respectable hitrate and stay alive on, it's still superior to blm(that's just a rapidly shrinking set of criteria)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-19 14:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
a good war is doing 20k+ reso, and death has a recast of 45 seconds even with alacrity so let's not pretend those single numbers mean anything

on anything war can get a respectable hitrate and stay alive on, it's still superior to blm(that's just a rapidly shrinking set of criteria)

The real benefit of using SC MB is that you can get by with semi-afk cat-video-watching support or multi-boxers. When the healer only has to babysit a PLD or RUN they can be effectively run with cureplease. The GEO only needs to do GEO-Maliase and Indi-Acumen/Focus and then go afk. The SCH and BLM do the real work from a nice safe distance. Minimal TP is given to the NM, though that doesn't mean much when they all have insane regain. The NM's shitty moves are largely ignored and it dies without the risk of a wipe.

Basically it's a super easy way to do stuff while requiring the lowest skill possible.

Now this all changes once you start scaling into the "ZOMG WTF WAS SE THINKING" level of NM's that are 145+. Those things have such overpowered stats that even tanks can be obliterated if they aren't careful. GEO's need to be mindful of their bubbles, healers need to be constantly watching for wipe-inducing status ailments / TP moves, and BLMs need very good gear to kill the NM before something very bad happens. Melee's simply couldn't survive very long in those conditions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-19 15:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't advocating the use of war, just saying that damage potential isn't it's problem on anything it can hit
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Server: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2016-05-19 15:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"Is sam worth returning to?"
Ramzus wry!
By Blazed1979 2016-05-19 16:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

to end this drivel:

-If you're coming back to the game and don't have any friends, play GEO. It is your best bet to get into a group, (shortest path to being useful) and also the shortest path to meeting new people, making new friends. Everyone has a decked out melee job or 2,3,4 that they are waiting in line to play at events.

-If you wanna solo it, do nothing but pugs and the occasional vagary/SR run, level DRK/DRG/WAR/MNK/NIN/SAM and see how far that takes you and how much the FFXI community enhances your online gaming experience.

Or play blu from scratch and farm every single spell you can in the game, while doing some sightseeing otw and pumping out mythics at a rate of 1/month.
By Draylo 2016-05-19 16:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

People are complaining about things that have always been in place. Yes SC/MB is easy, but so was meleeing zerging with alexander and buffed out the ***. It's always the flavor of the month and less balance because SE hasn't done that in this game in ages.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-05-19 20:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Or play blu from scratch and farm every single spell you can in the game, while doing some sightseeing otw and pumping out mythics at a rate of 1/month.
I'm sure there is a minimum of gear needed for BLU to be strong.

Please say so.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-05-21 07:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Puppetmaster had access to all of the Blue H2H procs aside from Asuran Fists by virtue of it being your main.
People still care about blue procs? Red procs are what's important these days, for getting KIs to drop. Nobody wants gear drops from Abyssea anymore except specific stuff like Epona's Ring. And many red proc WS are only available with certain jobs/subjobs (/WAR probably gives the most).

For instance, there are some dagger WS that are not available by default. I think Energy Drain is one of them, and as PUP/WAR I don't even get Cyclone. I think you need /THF or /DNC to get those. And PUP has native dagger skill, too.

And while it's not a proc WS, Aeolian Edge (great for amber lights) is also not native to PUP, and only comes with a subjob. PUP has zero native amber WS.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-21 08:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I'm sure there is a minimum of gear needed for BLU to be strong.

Please say so.

Of course there is. Anybody who denies that gear is important to BLU is either ignorant or intentionally trying to mislead people.
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-05-21 14:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly i think square enix can't make fights to be friendly for Physical - Magical Jobs sametime. Im sure we will not get more major content so escha and Rei will the content we will playing years....

If they Add Escha Z, Escha R and Rei Tier V Monsters the best to avoid problems its this

Body - Hands Drops One Mob be only vulnerable Two handers weapons. So you are forced to use SAM, DRK, DRG WAR. All other damage will be doing "0" damage.

Legs - Head. One Mob be vulnerable to magical Ranged WS and Magic Damage. So you bring Cors, RNG and BLM in this content. Cor should make the skillChains so the mages can magic burst. Mob Should use AoE attacks 20 metters.

Feet - Accesories, Neck, Rings. 1 Hander Jobs, H2H, Dagger, Katana.

So you are forced to give a oportunity to unwanted jobs to play, if you want gear you should need Two hander, 1 Hander and Magical Job.

The only jobs should bypass anyform of damage restrictions are PLD, RUN and NIN for TANK. Honestly i dont think with the old combat system of FFXI they can make fights where all jobs are viable to play.

Other MMRPGS fix this with Auto party finders restrictions 1 Tank, 2 Mele DPS, 2 Ranged DPS and 1 Healer. So you are forced to play with those jobs no matter what.

If you give the chance to the top players of make the perfect set up they WILL do that even if the differences are really Small. They will let outside 90% of non optimal Jobs. This is the only way its force the *** to play with non optimal set ups if they want play with the "public", only in their static they can form their perfect set up in FF14, WOW this is the way the ***work.

Now i suggested the nerf cuz. WAR can do 10k damage with resolution and BLM can do 99k damage with a Nuke. Its 10 times more damage. if WAR DPS its 1000 - BLM DPS will be 10 000. The difference its INSANE, matsui must be in freaking drugs when he balance the ***, i prefer tanaka at least the difference was 1000 vs 1500 not 10k vs 100k Lol

Nukes have sways been stronger then melee weaponskills, except maybe void watch and abyssea eras. Geo is just the best buffer/debuffer right now. Other buffing jobs are still used brd and cor are both still used a good bit. As for a 10k reap on war the set must not be great 20ks are pretty common. Xi isn't as "public" friendly as wow and xiv. Plus as comeatmebro said before this a war doing 20k's to a blm doing 100k's a war should be able to do 5 reso's before the recast of death, that's if they have the acc required.

Tl;dr. Just stop
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8