2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What job is generally sought after
What job is generally sought after
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Blazed1979 2016-05-17 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

oh new page

and here's my reply to the next person to report someone for something as silly as this thread.
By Verda 2016-05-17 11:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Skjalf thinks everyone should be nice to each other and try to invite everyone / various jobs at least some of the time.
THIS got reported? Really?

Considering that you have to click 'report' then choose the offense you believe applies, then click to submit, I'm not really inclined to believe it was an accident.

/endrant please continue.

Everything wrong with ffxiah symbolized in two posts.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-17 11:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the OP got his answer and left the thread on page one.

somewhere around page nine we'll stop whipping on each other over stupid ***and move our petty bickering to another thread.

Verda said: »

No, you sir, are everything that is wrong with ffxiah. /gloveslap

the sooner you leave, the sooner we can all get back to having fun.

go play in heavy traffic or something
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-17 11:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I invite PUP's to them, and have no issue whatsoever.

Why you gotta call us out?

volkom said: »
Some people I know tell me to drop DRK and work on cor/brd/whm and I'm like hrrrgh.
Any who playing DRK and semi/struggling with some content feels like dark souls xD

DRK is one of the better melee jobs once you have the right gear to support it. Tricky getting to that point, but they can blood tank like a somebitch between Drain 2/3, Dread Spikes, Stun, Apoc if you have it... People talk about survivability a lot in end game, DRK is for sure the stoutest melee under the right circumstances(I.E, you can drain whatever you are fighting). With Aggressor/Diabolic Eye, they can get a pretty significant amount of accuracy also.
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 12:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf thinks everyone should be nice to each other and try to invite everyone / various jobs at least some of the time.

Considering that you have to click 'report' then choose the offense you believe applies, then click to submit, I'm not really inclined to believe it was an accident.

With the amount of trolls in the forums, etc I really am not surprised someone would do that even if there was no reason for them too besides trying to stir stuff up.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-17 12:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that and P&R...
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-17 12:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that and P&R...

Without naming names are u able to see who reported? Lol
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-17 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

Well, that and P&R...

I can, but I'm not willing to reveal.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-17 12:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the doctor with a shovel in the restroom.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-17 12:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

Well, that and P&R...

I can, but I'm not willing to reveal.
Every girlboy has their secrets.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-17 12:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's try to get back on topic. Lol
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-17 12:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

no

/folds arms
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-17 13:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Dunno how you guys don't understand what Nik's saying: Nearly everyone who is leveling GEO is doing so because of the demand for it in strategies. It's lame for a new person to come back to the game and be told "Level GEO or you won't get to do anything".

Shout outs to everyone who legit leveled GEO when it first came out and people overlooked you for party invites saying "lawl what can you do, sorry im taking the 4 song bard". You scrubs are now chewing the cud.

To get back onto the subject, though - if you level GEO or COR (the two primary buffers), it would do you no justice to be a cookie-cutter copy of everyone else: grabbing a dunna and just joining the fray. I can't count how many GEOs are absolute trash: they don't have great FC/Curing/DT master & Luopan/Regen/Enfeebling/MAB/Aspir/Refresh (119) sets, they don't know the importance of using a simple stoneskin/phalanx, they don't haste other mages, and their luopan's die in 1 TP move. It's sad. Then there's the corsairs who mindlessly shoot, don't really have supercharged gear for their rolls, and are only slightly better than qultada due to his inconsistency.

There's something to be said about taking pride in your jobs. At the moment, I can effectively play 4 jobs at a high level. The others I have not geared up enough. I will rarely get an invite to high end content on blu, but my RUN & GEO usually do. So make sure you're flexible with your job choice OP.

If you're gonna level one of these hot jobs, at least take the time to gear it properly and read up about the job. Its okay to not be the best right away, but lay-z-boying it to death is really a hindrance on others in the long run, and better groups can see right through it.

That being said, GEO is a really boring job if all the party asks you to do is use 2 bubbles. But it gets the job done to get into content. However, you may get more enjoyment out of playing COR, BLU, BLM, or a tank job. Even SCH is a bit more techy. Whatever suits your interests.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-17 13:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What job is generally sought after?

A job where someone is willing to take pride and put in the effort to making it worth taking to events, and can utilize all the tools at it's disposal.

Which to say, is anything you're willing to have fun with. If you can have fun with the job, then you're more likely to be good at it. Learning to adapt to different situations and strategies is what makes a player great - as the old saying goes, gear doesn't fix stupid.

Choose a job you love to play, learn some of the newer abilities added in, merits, capacity points, spells, what have you. Have a positive attitude that always leans towards learning or adapting. Be flexible with a few jobs you love to play, so you aren't endlessly grinding on one, and never touching the others.

tl;dr, Play what you want to play, but make the effort to adapt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-17 14:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Melees need a minimum of 1100 acc. Tanks need capped -dt gear and if it's a pld, they need an aegis. and blm or sch need jp's. These are not jobs I would recommend to a returning player who wants to jump in fast.

If you are a returning player, and you want to be useful fast, you have 2 very good options.

If you are quick on your macros, level WHM. You don't need a ton of hard to get gear. Your cure set is basically Empy body and legs (109 works for lower end enemies, but 119 asap), 119 AF hands, and Vanya head/feet are great. Add Iridal Staff, Korin Obi, and Twilight Cape, your cures will be strong. (if you /sch and use aurorastorm)

Kill the relatively soloable / super easy duoable eft UCNM for your refresh pants and a set of earrings to cap (or get close to) your cure potency.

And get relic 119 pants and feet for protect and shell.

Also, super important, don't neglect a cursna set. You don't need all the pieces, but some is better than none.

This is a great start. All of it is very easy and will get you into parties to start gearing your other jobs. (and if you like whm, this will let you gear it better)

If you have are rusty and a bit overwhelmed, level GEO. Get your AF1/2/3 gear and get as close to 900 combined geo and bell skills.

When you join a pt, cast your bubbles and try. Try to toss out some -na's, or haste, or cures, or nukes. Whatever. Also, look and see what everyone else is doing and if people are parsing, pay attention to the posted numbers. Be aware of your surroundings.

If you tell people you are returning and they still let you join, it's because they got your back and are not expecting too much. The important thing is you learn. You will get no enjoyment from the game if 6 months later you are still just casting bubbles and standing around.

Finally, there is no such thing as a job where you are "not playing the game." It's all about the player. Even if you are casting bubbles and your character is doing nothing else, you are still playing if you are learning about your job, nm's, gear, etc. As long as you make progress, you are playing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-17 14:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's try to get back on topic. Lol
Blazed1979 will pay 300 USD to the poster with the best explanation of which job is in most demand and why.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-17 14:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I definitely agree with "play what you want", this kind of vague textbook answer is probably not what OP needs. If he needs that kind of answer, he'll already start playing his favorite job and ask questions like "how to you gear thf" or "what content I should do to gear up my drk"

If OP already has most jobs and not sure how they works, nor particularly like or hate certain jobs, it will be tough to decide what jobs to play as. With 22 jobs out there and limited resource, it will be extremely time consuming to gear up all 22 jobs until he finds his favorite job. Thus it's totally a legit strategy to pick a few useful jobs to gear and get a quick start and get invite to parties, instead of getting stuck in solo content forever because he choose to gear drg first.

Not sure why this thread attracted one million geo haters who somehow think playing geo is not "legit" for whatever reason, and wanting to jump into more relevant content is equal to not playing.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-17 14:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
sch need jp's.

On the contrary, I was more helpful against Reisenjima T4s as a partially nude 0 JP SCH than I was as a master RDM.

edit:
Afania said: »
Although I definitely agree with "play what you want", this kind of vague textbook answer is probably not what OP needs.

The first few posts of this kind of thread usually gives the honest answer. If that's not enough, then they might as well be asking what they should do about dinner.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-17 14:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of this "you are not really playing unless you are doing xyz" is some hippy sh*t for real. I got 95% of my BLU gear on another job, where I would have much rather got it on BLU. Was I "really playing" or was I just "playing the game" to get what was needed. We are really exaggerating how beneficial much of this content ever was to begin with.

Don't be going around telling people they are missing out on some fairy godmother of the game's most dated content because they didn't progress through ranks like we did. Much of that content was replaced as quickly as it was mastered (literally skirmishes went through like 4 different phases, and its ALL outdated). Hell, even SE wants us to skip that bullsh*t a$$ gear progression nonsense, as they are nowhanding us 119 gear that is soloable and easily attainable.

You can choose to play through the ranks of all of that jazzy content, or you could just get 50 capacity JOB points and just buy a 119 weapon. And gear. Or solo ambuscade on VE until you get your desired gear. They made this game so easy at this point, they are begging you to race to the front of the line.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-17 14:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
sch need jp's.

On the contrary, I was more helpful against Reisenjima T4s as a partially nude 0 JP SCH than I was as a master RDM.

You are using 1 very specific example to try and apply it to every situation.

Sure, your 0 jp sch was more useful than a master rdm for those fights, but a 550+ jp sch would have been more useful. And I'm willing to bet those people were your friends. If you were in a pug situation, they probably would not have let your 0 jp sch join Reisenjima T4's.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-17 14:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

???!!
(;_;)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-17 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

sch need jp's.

edit:
Although I definitely agree with "play what you want", this kind of vague textbook answer is probably not what OP needs.

The first few posts of this kind of thread usually gives the honest answer. If that's not enough, then they might as well be asking what they should do about dinner.

It was enough, until some geo haters hijack this thread and start drama, acting as if its some sort of unforgivable crime to play geo and skip 2 years old content that offers zero challenge and extremely boring for majority of endgame players.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-17 14:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

sch need jp's.

Sure, your 0 jp sch was more useful than a master rdm for those fights, but a 550+ jp sch would have been more useful. And I'm willing to bet those people were your friends. If you were in a pug situation, they probably would not have let your 0 jp sch join Reisenjima T4's.

If they just needed one extra person to make extra SCs and nothing else, yeah they probably would.

Regardless, OP should be asking linkshells on Server X what jobs THEY want him to gear/CP if they're looking to fit in immediately.

edit:
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
It was enough

Oh, I meant for the OP who disappeared. Thread turned out exactly as most people expected, but I'm genuinely curious to see what jobs the "what do I do" person ended up picking, if any.
By Rinuko 2016-05-17 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow is this thread still alive..
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-17 14:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

???!!
(;_;)

/comfort

poor skjalf...

geo haters

lol for the last time we don't hate geos

we hate...Returning Quitter Minimalists/Nihilists

there... new name for people that quit, come back and burn the latest flavor of the month job, suck at it, put no effort into it, get a few drops. pose in jeuno afk a week and then quit again
[+]
 Odin.Nappy
Server: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2016-05-17 14:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

LET US NOT FORGOT THE BRAVERY OF "DEFEND THE TEPEE!" I really don't miss that content......
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-05-17 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
If GEO was in other games..

Street Fighter 5:
Blanka - mash that punch button over and over again for the electric move, that's all you're good for you monkey.

Tekken:
Eddie.
Any combination of moves will result in what aesthetically appears to be very skilled gameplay.
Truth is you have no *** clue what you're doing, Eddie fans. Try playing with Yoshimitsu or Howarang.

Mario Kart:
Toad - f u mushroom

Smashbross:
FAWKUN PAWNCH

if GEO was an action movie it would star chuck norris, co-star chuck norris, be directed by chuck norris, produced by chuck norris, and critiqued by chuck norris.

If GEO was a sports car it would be an F22 Raptor.

All these ***talk about geo not needing "skill", I bet you still look for a geo for group or endgame content. So do you make others play geo for you while you play whatever job that needs most skill ever?

Are you french?
Hey, be nice, we already all left to other games that aren't MMOs.

See you at the next major, only JPs and French are allowed to win so far.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-17 15:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sch need jp's.

If they just needed one extra person to make extra SCs and nothing else, yeah they probably would.

Regardless, OP should be asking linkshells on Server X what jobs THEY want him to gear/CP if they're looking to fit in immediately.

edit:
It was enough

Oh, I meant for the OP who disappeared. Thread turned out exactly as most people expected, but I'm genuinely curious to see what jobs the "what do I do" person ended up picking, if any.

Why would a pug group select ur almost nude 0 Jp scholar when they can easily get a at least geared scholar via shout.
By nyheen 2016-05-17 15:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

so i guess now n days everyone use geo in endgame pts, farm gear for their fav job like pup,war dnc etc, to solo other things since no one wanna invite them jobs, so i cant get to enjoy the endgame stuff with my fav job.
ya that seems very boring, now if that person enjoy being geo that great but for the others, well we just have to wait 1-2 months before another new endgame come out and the old one can be solo with trust, at this rate, they gonna just hand out free r/m/e Aeonic Weapons weapons to all from the gob box,
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8