Random Politics & Religion #03

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 28 29
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-29 15:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The only overtly partisan incident listed would be Trump's. The rest you're just projecting onto.

There are plenty of cities with large populations that are right-leaning. Nearly every single one of those events has to do with a city or a group that is characterisically left-leaning. No, they're not "overtly partisan" events, but it takes an act of willful denial to not see that there is a, *cough*, CORRELATION. The League of Trying Too Hard to Argue Over Nothing can be adjourned, you've had a nice go.
Only one of those incidents is specifically related to partisanship. You're completely projecting party politics in situations where that wasn't a factor, which makes the whole subtext of your "correlation" about as subtle as a roundhouse kick to the face.

A kick to the face is a poor analogy, as the whole point of the conversation clearly went well above your head.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-29 16:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
... Assad will outlast Obama.
On this we agree.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-29 16:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Assad will outlast Obama

Well, yeah. Obama is subject to term limits and actual democratic process.

Not exactly apples to apples, there.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 16:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point is, nobody would have thought Assad wouldn't have outlasted Obama.

A good question would be will Assad outlast a Trump Presidency?
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 17:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the Protester Violence that is being disscused or is this new?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gays-for-trump-crowd-gathers-at-costa-mesa-rally-20160428-story.html

Either way.. lmao
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-29 18:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You claimed left leaning cities and demographics were correlated with civil unrest when your link shows nothing nearly as specific.

Let's look at the 2010s....

Harrisonburg, VA. (D) Mayor, purplish state.
Oakland, CA
Oakland, CA
Oakland, CA
Pennsylvania State (Over the firing of a coach. Basically a wash)
Oakland, CA
Chicago, IL
Anaheim, CA
Ferguson, MI
New York, NY and Berkeley, CA
Baltimore, MD
The Bundy occupation (Hey look, an exception)
SLC, UT (Following a cop shooting of a minority)
Donald Trump Protest
Democracy Spring

Don't see a correlation here?
You forgot Oakland, CA.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 19:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article74647642.html

Obama’s legacy: Politics of anger, fights, division

Quote:
Fist fights at campaign rallies. A major presidential candidate called a bigot and bully by members of his own party. Gridlock in Washington. And Americans downright pessimistic.

This is America’s politics today, seven years after Barack Obama was elected president with a promise to change it all.

The political change he predicted never appeared. Instead, partisanship and dysfunction have grown worse. His legacy on policies is more mixed. He did accomplish things, notably the Affordable Care Act. But his legacy on politics is another story.

Republicans and Democrats refuse to compromise, sometimes even talk. Congress has become more unproductive with lawmakers failing to pass budgets or even consider presidential appointments. And most Americans have little to no confidence in the federal government to tackle the problems facing the nation in 2016, according to a poll released in January.

Just Thursday, about 20 people were arrested after hundreds of protesters blocked an intersection and vandalized a police car outside a rally for Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump at the Orange County Fairgrounds in California. Several fights broke out.

“It’s fair to say that President Obama entered office as chief executive of a divided country, and he’s done nothing noticeable to heal those divisions in his seven years,” said William Galston, a former adviser to President Bill Clinton and now a senior fellow at the center-left Brookings Institution.

Barring an unexpected change in the country, the political legacy of the 44th president will be that he left office with the atmosphere in the United States in worse shape than when he was elected.

That failure is all the more disappointing, Democrats and Republicans say, because he raised expectations so high.

“He clearly thought – and he was entirely wrong – that he could transform politics in America,” said George Edwards, a presidential scholar at Texas A&M University. “It was naive to think he could bridge this divide.”

Before he was even sworn into office, Obama proclaimed that his successful election itself had altered American politics. “Change has come to America,” he said the day he was elected president.

Now entering his final months in office, Obama acknowledges that he was not able to “fix our politics.”

“It’s one of the few regrets of my presidency  –  that the rancor and suspicion between the parties has gotten worse instead of better,” Obama said in his final State of the Union address in January. “There’s no doubt a president with the gifts of Lincoln or Roosevelt might have better bridged the divide, and I guarantee I’ll keep trying to be better so long as I hold this office."

There’s plenty of reasons for the dysfunction: millions of dollars of unaccountable money in politics; districts that ensure most lawmakers don’t face competition; parties that have become more extreme; highly partisan media outlets and an atmosphere that no longer stops campaigning for governing.

In February, Obama devoted an entire speech to partisan politics, pushing for Americans to reduce money in politics, change how congressional districts are drawn and make voting easier.

But Obama, too, shares in the blame.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-04-29 20:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans bad Obama good any questions ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-29 20:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I don't know how much we can blame a leader who has dissent to the point of treason in his midst.
You know, it's usually the hardcore Republicans who refer Obama to treason, not the super hardcore liberals....
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-29 20:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article74647642.html

Quote:
“He clearly thought – and he was entirely wrong – that he could transform politics in America,” said George Edwards, a presidential scholar at Texas A&M University. “It was naive to think he could bridge this divide.”

Errr...You know A&M has a reputation of being an extremely conservative leaning university that has been under fire for students being overtly racist and homophobic as recently as the past year, right?

It farther right than Baylor, SMU and TCU.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 21:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh get off it.

His legacy will be that that because the RepublicansDemocrats set out from day 1 to ObamaBush did. I don't blame him for doing what he has to do.
I noticed towards the end and second term that he took more shots at the Republicansfrom Democrats, but he did it with class and in a humorous fashion. I don't know how much we can blame a leader who has dissent to the point of treason in his midst.

He is a decent president who happens to be a great and likable guy outside of all of that.

*yawn*

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Errr...You know A&M has a reputation of being an extremely conservative leaning university that has been under fire for students being overtly racist and homophobic as recently as the past year, right?
What Conservative leaning institution isn't under fire for being overtly racist and homophobic.

Its all the Democrats have to bring people to their cause. They can't talk about ANYTHING without bringing up Racism, Bigotry, Religion that isn't theirs, it is beyond sad and pathetic that more people don't realize this.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 21:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't believe me? Look at every single P&R thread that manages to make it past page 9. EVERY SINGLE debates ends with Democrats playing one of those cards.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 21:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It is to the point with you that it doesn't matter. Anything said no matter what it is, you will not take it seriously. What you wrote makes just as much sense for bush, rather you choose to believe it or not.

The article is the first of (soon to be many) Obamas failed legacy.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 21:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point is, nobody would have thought Assad wouldn't have outlasted Obama.

A good question would be will Assad outlast a Trump Presidency?

That wasn't his point, he started off lying about Kerry and then he tried to deflect and run to something else entirely. He is still completely wrong, and if there had been no Syrian war, then Assad would be in power for another 40 years.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 21:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
and if there had been no Syrian war, then Assad would be in power for another 40 years.

Gotta love assumptions. Looks like everyone makes them huh.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 21:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah that whole area is a terrible place to live. College Station, Killeen, Temple, Waco. If you are going to live in Texas fine but don't live in that area between Dallas and Austin. A&M is still living in the 80s, if you need an engineering degree ok go there but anything else, stay away.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 22:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

and if there had been no Syrian war, then Assad would be in power for another 40 years.

Gotta love assumptions. Looks like everyone makes them huh.

Its a safe assumption based on how long leaders in the Middle East and Northern Africa stay in power. Assad is older than I thought so maybe only 20 years. Doesn't change the fact that Aman lied.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 22:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It is to the point with you that it doesn't matter. Anything said no matter what it is, you will not take it seriously. What you wrote makes just as much sense for bush, rather you choose to believe it or not.

The article is the first of (soon to be many) Obamas failed legacy.

If I am in your shoes then I just feel that I am right and think in a way that makes perfect sense to me. So then the train of thought ends there.

However, in my shoes you make me:
It's not like you're tied down or anything..

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 22:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol using the term false dichotomy in your defense.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-29 22:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah that whole area is a terrible place to live. College Station, Killeen, Temple, Waco. If you are going to live in Texas fine but don't live in that area between Dallas and Austin. A&M is still living in the 80s, if you need an engineering degree ok go there but anything else, stay away.

We all know. I had to explain Killeen's reputation to Ramyrez. Was it you who was a denizen of San Marcos for a while?

It's still a trip that my alma mater gets dubbed and snubbed as a "liberal"/"hippy" university when Neil DeGrasse Tyson won't utter a kind word of his time during his graduate studies, we had that dingbat throw a fit about the Ten Percent Rule when she wasn't accepted citing white racism (when it's been statistically proven The Ten Percent Rule benefits the white middle-class), and the incident with the Republican club years after I graduated.

Ded gaem.

Illogical and emotionless thought process centered on partisan politics and a false dichotomy.
[/spoiler]

I think most of the participants in P&R should take your personality quiz, BTW.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-29 22:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I lived in San Marcos for 6 years.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-29 22:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe my act is to get up here and attack either side regularly like it matters.
Except for you do..
Then use this as a veil..
Mindsets, thought processes, and heartless or bad ideas are my nemesis. Not the same old "*** LIBERALS" and things that regularly goes on.
Because if you truly were against those things you would be picking apart at the left learners on this forum just as much as the right. Which you don't.. At all..

Alti did.

0%!

0%!
For some reason I think you think that is a bad thing.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-29 22:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I lived in San Marcos for 6 years.

???
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 28 29