Make A Mythic In 1 Day Challenge!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 16:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Skirmish stones,

Unpredictable, requires a group, requires substantial overhead costs, relies on the AH to move

Quote:
marrows,

limited market, dodgy to solo if we're being honest

Quote:
scorias.

if i could solo through astral flow i'd be a rich man, sure
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-22 16:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Or they could just put a point in Apex Arrow and use Cibitshavore for the extremely limited range of circumstances where any of that applies, and put the 60 million they're saving towards Koga or almost anything else that would reap far greater dividends than Yoichi.

Sheesh, you guys make it sound like Muwingya is at the end of every event. Making Yoichi for SAM because sometimes things have slashing resistance is like making Gungnir because sometimes your Angon is on cooldown.

Apex isn't good, though, like, at all; a Namas SAM will crush an Apex SAM pretty handily. Any of the limited 119 options for SAM give up too much precious racc, so now you're pairing the inferior weaponskill with the inferior weapon. Yes, you don't use ranged on SAM much but having it as an option is nice, and Yoichi is head-and-shoulders above any other ranged option in those instances. Also, it's great fun, and Yoichi is still the second-best ranger dps option (best, when you need the racc or if you don't have perfect Phaosphelia augments).

I have not disputed any of that. I'm just saying you guys are playing the 2015 version of the "if you don't have the 5% evasion you get from spending 5 million gil on emperor's hairpin you have no business playing NIN" game. The stuff you are talking about doesn't matter, hasn't mattered since Apex was introduced and SAM got a ranged weapon skill without /RNG, and will not matter at any point in the future.

If you want to make me a Yoichi for my SAM, you are welcome to!

Quote:
spending 60 mil while waiting for tags is literally a few days work for anyone who is motivated.

my god this is unbelievable *** and you know it, man

"it's cool, bro, just get 60 million gil even though the only way you can make money since you just came back is pretty much to trade in sparks; shouldn't take more than a couple days, and then you can buy a weapon you'll probably never use"

explain to me the process of making 60 million gil in a "couple days" on your own

I was able to save almost 40 mil in the time it took to do assaults while buying all the alex I wasn't able to farm myself and that's without spamming skirmish, fishing, or crafting. The game farts Gil without much effort. Farm items that are in demand, join or organize VW shouts, put together a small and efficient delve group or even sell wins. 60 mil in the 3 weeks of waits is painfully easy for anyone with a few hours a day to farm Dyna and the motivation to actually finish it.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 16:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I was able to save almost 40 mil in the time it took to do assaults

gonna have to stop you right there; 40 million gil in 50 days isn't exactly what we were discussing

i mean, you actually COULD do that with sparks; quite easily, even, if you're as unscrupulous as i am about monopolizing puks in Aby-La Theine

in any case, now we've moved the goalposts from "just get this fun item; it's NBD" to "dedicate two months of your life to a weapon you won't ever benefit from in any meaningful way because it's not like Apex isn't more than sufficient for those exceedingly rare circumstances you'll want to use a bow"
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-22 17:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I was able to save almost 40 mil in the time it took to do assaults

gonna have to stop you right there; 40 million gil in 50 days isn't exactly what we were discussing

That's while buying about half the alex for Tizona and a hexed coif -1, and countless dusk and leaf stones. It really is hard not to make gil.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-22 17:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

if i could solo through astral flow i'd be a rich man, sure
PLD with Aegis can do it, why can't you?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-05-22 17:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

sam with yaegasumi can solo pw as well

if you cant solo skirmish by now polish your skills instead of making a mythic
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 17:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue is not soloing skirmish, its the half mil it costs to roll the dice
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-05-22 17:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

oh lol i don't think i've ever bought a skirm piece always get really lucky while running new chars through reive stuff for cp bonus