Make A Mythic In 1 Day Challenge!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 10:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I'm going to be that rare and useless thing known as a mythic RDM sometime in the future. :D

Murgleis is useful - at least I think it is. xD

Sure it's useful.

It's not going to stop the other seventeen members of the alliance from yelling "Haste! Flurry! Cure!" though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-22 10:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to be that rare and useless thing known as a mythic RDM sometime in the future. :D

Sure it's useful.

It's not going to stop the other seventeen members of the alliance from yelling "Haste! Flurry! Cure!" though.
Lies, nobody invites a RDM anymore! BRD/COR/GEO or GTFO!
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-22 10:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I wonder what Alex prices are going to look like with people being able to spam salvage. May do another mythic when I reactivate

Prices on Sylph are holding steady. I bought some at 5k and some at 3k last week, but demand seems to be keeping the prices at their pre-update amounts.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 10:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Sure it's useful.

Lies, nobody invites a RDM anymore! BRD/COR/GEO or GTFO!

Fixed that for you.

And yes, I get enough requests for me to RDM. I just hate buff rotations in an alliance of more than ten or so.
By kronikx 2015-05-22 11:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, I just returned to XI from a 2 year hiatus and have a question, with the new KI's from Rhapsodies is building a Relic weapon even worth it anymore or should I just focus on making Mythics for everything now?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just focus on a mythic unless you're BRD or PLD.

Actually, the real answer is "don't bother unless you're in it for the long haul, whatever that may be."
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-22 11:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say that Aegis, Ghorn, Yoichi (for sam) and Anni are relevant.
By kronikx 2015-05-22 11:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, this isn't my first character on XI, my old character was one stage away from Ammano on SAM before I had to leave the game, decided to come back for Rhapsodies so I could see the end and promised myself I would finish building either a relic or mythic before the end. Was just wondering which was better now.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Better is relative.

What's best for your play style?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-22 12:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure it's useful.

rdm's party role is quite dynamic. It gets pushed into a pink mage role by poor battle mechanics and player perceptions, but a good rdm will make use of all their tools, including dealing damage. Murg offers insane magic accuracy while letting rdm take advantage of their front line durability and ability to offer party support from that area of the field. It's a great weapon for a great job that is rarely played well or invited.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-05-22 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic is the best choice at this point.

Vajra and Koga have been a blast to play with for me.

I think the WHM club would be nice if you like to cure and get a lot of /tells for groups.

BST / Pupp Weapon would be a lot of fun now that those jobs have received some buffs in the past 6 months.

I wouldn't do rng/cor/blm.

You can substitute weapons that are in skirmish or from a boss that will perform just the same. (there is a staff out right now that is 4 MAAB less then the mythic /cry )
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 13:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »

Yoichi and Anni aren't worth it since March's enmity adjustment. RNG gets more damage from spamming JR and won't pull hate regardless.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-22 13:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Yoichi and Anni aren't worth it since March's enmity adjustment. RNG gets more damage from spamming JR and won't pull hate regardless.

Think he means Yoichi for SAM, but I could be wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-22 13:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I would think so. Reasoning: (for sam)
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have found Annihilator to be still quite good, primarily when I help with content clears for returning players.

And in Vagary where hate is incredibly wonky.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Which changes nothing.

Quote:
I have found Annihilator to be still quite good, primarily when I help with content clears for returning players.

And in Vagary where hate is incredibly wonky.

Rangers aren't pulling hate over healers or BLMs there, and if they are, Anni isn't saving them.

AND EVEN IF I WERE WRONG, "hey guys let's spend 60 mil on an item with limited application in one event" is pretty weak.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-22 15:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Which changes nothing.

Well, Sam doesn't use yoichi because of the enmity, but because of slashing resistances, namas, and racc. Either way, niche or not, Sam gets use out of yoichi that nothing else in that slot or situation even come close to.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 15:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they could just put a point in Apex Arrow and use Cibitshavore for the extremely limited range of circumstances where any of that applies, and put the 60 million they're saving towards Koga or almost anything else that would reap far greater dividends than Yoichi.

Sheesh, you guys make it sound like Muwingya is at the end of every event. Making Yoichi for SAM because sometimes things have slashing resistance is like making Gungnir because sometimes your Angon is on cooldown.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-05-22 15:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I wonder what Alex prices are going to look like with people being able to spam salvage. May do another mythic when I reactivate
Prices on Sylph are holding steady. I bought some at 5k and some at 3k last week, but demand seems to be keeping the prices at their pre-update amounts.
And I see less of it in bazaars than I did before the update hit. Maybe some of the reason is people doing the new stuff, or maybe some of it is more people starting a mythic because they got the idea that the change would open the alex floodgates. But it does seem like the price of what alex does appear is now 6k rather than 7k.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 15:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they could just put a point in Apex Arrow and use Cibitshavore for the extremely limited range of circumstances where any of that applies, and put the 60 million they're saving towards Koga or almost anything else that would reap far greater dividends than Yoichi.

Sheesh, you guys make it sound like Muwingya is at the end of every event. Making Yoichi for SAM because sometimes things have slashing resistance is like making Gungnir because sometimes your Angon is on cooldown.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree, then.

If someone's playgroup and style work with it, and the person in question wants it, then it's worth it.

Otherwise you're paying for a character that you allow others to dictate choices for, and that's not cool.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 15:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Otherwise you're paying for a character that you allow others to dictate choices for, and that's not cool.

I'm not the one telling a guy asking what he should work on for weapons that spending 60 million gil on a bow that will make him imperceptibly better in a vanishingly small number of group events he will actually play is totally a worthwhile investment of his time! I mean, if somebody wants the damn bow, knock yourself out, but we're only talking about this because somebody asked what he ought to do.

You guys seriously sound like this salesman I once met who tried to convince me that spending $3500 on a new set of (probably very nice; better than Yoichi!) pots and pans would totally change my life.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-22 15:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

vanishingly
Looks in the dictionary.....

Holy ***, this is an actual word!
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-22 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
And I see less of it in bazaars than I did before the update hit. Maybe some of the reason is people doing the new stuff, or maybe some of it is more people starting a mythic because they got the idea that the change would open the alex floodgates. But it does seem like the price of what alex does appear is now 6k rather than 7k.
I think the real incentive to finally doing Mythics for most people is the fact that they don't have to stay on top of doing Assaults, etc. on a regular basis. One way or another, people will find or farm Alexandrite, but it was important to be doing Einherjar daily and Assaults frequently. From watching others, it seems most people prefer to focus on one or two requirements at a time, rather than all of them on a daily basis.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I know! Isn't it great?!

Quote:
I think the real incentive to finally doing Mythics for most people is the fact that they don't have to stay on top of doing Assaults, etc. on a regular basis.

The reason I and everyone I've spoken to have finally started working on ours is that at last we are assured that there's nothing else we could be working on to reap more efficient gains. I finally know for sure this 80 million I'm sitting on will never have a better use than alexandrite for Terpsichore.
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-05-22 16:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather sever a limb, but good luck.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-22 16:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex isn't good, though, like, at all; a Namas SAM will crush an Apex SAM pretty handily. Any of the limited 119 options for SAM give up too much precious racc, so now you're pairing the inferior weaponskill with the inferior weapon. Yes, you don't use ranged on SAM much but having it as an option is nice, and Yoichi is head-and-shoulders above any other ranged option in those instances. Also, it's great fun, and Yoichi is still the second-best ranger dps option (best, when you need the racc or if you don't have perfect Phaosphelia augments).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-22 16:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that there are a ton of uses for it, more that it fills a niche nothing else does. People are saying there's no reason to make most relics with mythics being so easy now. Koga is awesome, but it replaces Amano, not Yoichi, which is still the only way SAM gets access to their best ranged weaponskill and the necessary racc to make it worth using. It's not an everyday thing, and you should work on koga first. But, for a lot of people, especially before they eased the cooldowns on ToAU content, assaults/ichor/tokens could easily take much longer than buying the necessary alex, and spending 60 mil while waiting for tags is literally a few days work for anyone who is motivated.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-22 16:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex isn't good, though, like, at all; a Namas SAM will crush an Apex SAM pretty handily. Any of the limited 119 options for SAM give up too much precious racc, so now you're pairing the inferior weaponskill with the inferior weapon. Yes, you don't use ranged on SAM much but having it as an option is nice, and Yoichi is head-and-shoulders above any other ranged option in those instances. Also, it's great fun, and Yoichi is still the second-best ranger dps option (best, when you need the racc or if you don't have perfect Phaosphelia augments).

I have not disputed any of that. I'm just saying you guys are playing the 2015 version of the "if you don't have the 5% evasion you get from spending 5 million gil on emperor's hairpin you have no business playing NIN" game. The stuff you are talking about doesn't matter, hasn't mattered since Apex was introduced and SAM got a ranged weapon skill without /RNG, and will not matter at any point in the future.

If you want to make me a Yoichi for my SAM, you are welcome to!

Quote:
spending 60 mil while waiting for tags is literally a few days work for anyone who is motivated.

my god this is unbelievable *** and you know it, man

"it's cool, bro, just get 60 million gil even though the only way you can make money since you just came back is pretty much to trade in sparks; shouldn't take more than a couple days, and then you can buy a weapon you'll probably never use"

explain to me the process of making 60 million gil in a "couple days" on your own
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-22 16:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

One dream I didn't think possible a few years ago:
[+]
By poorenglish 2015-05-22 16:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

my god this is unbelievable *** and you know it, man

"it's cool, bro, just get 60 million gil even though the only way you can make money since you just came back is pretty much to trade in sparks; shouldn't take more than a couple days, and then you can buy a weapon you'll probably never use"

explain to me the process of making 60 million gil in a "couple days" on your own

Skirmish stones, marrows, scorias. Different for every server but 15-20m for a few hours a day isn't unrealistic.