Make A Mythic In 1 Day Challenge!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 08:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Overall, the Alexandrite is what's going to hold up everyone (again). Sure, you can do all 4 zones once per real life day, but I seriously doubt the majority of players are going to do this on a strict and continuous (daily) basis.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-20 08:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
You know what would suck worse than completing a Mythic in a day?

Finding out afterwards you're suddenly subjected to Groundshog Day rules.

Not gonna lie, I'd honestly be interested to see someone try to marathon it on a fresh 99 from scratch for a possible marathon charity stream. Dub it the "Majora Mythic Challenge" with the planned 3 days or so someone mentioned before in the thread, and you got some views that can trickle in from the morbidly curious.

There is not enough time in a 72 hour period to get everything done, even if you started with enough gil for 30,000 alexandrite. Running Einherjar every hour on the hour wouldn't get you to 100,000. Hell, just FINDING 30,000 ALEXANDRITE TO BUY would take more than 3 days.

You guys really need to get off this nonsense.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-20 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
You know what would suck worse than completing a Mythic in a day?

Finding out afterwards you're suddenly subjected to Groundshog Day rules.

Not gonna lie, I'd honestly be interested to see someone try to marathon it on a fresh 99 from scratch for a possible marathon charity stream. Dub it the "Majora Mythic Challenge" with the planned 3 days or so someone mentioned before in the thread, and you got some views that can trickle in from the morbidly curious.

There is not enough time in a 72 hour period to get everything done, even if you started with enough gil for 30,000 alexandrite. Running Einherjar every hour on the hour wouldn't get you to 100,000. Hell, just FINDING 30,000 ALEXANDRITE TO BUY would take more than 3 days.

You guys really need to get off this nonsense.
People just need to be a bit more realistic, a mythic in a week would still take a lot of dedicated work, while giving yourself the luxury to take a break, eat and go to sleep.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 08:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Sure, you can do all 4 zones once per real life day
I thought only AR is restricted to the once-per-day rules.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 09:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

So far as I know, after the dust settled from the version update changes, it was discovered that Salvage wasn't actually repeatable after a 1 hour cool-down, but rather it was each Remnant zone once per real life day.

Is this not the case? Perhaps it's wrong, but I had several LS mates swear to the current changes mentioned above.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-20 09:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Arrapago is subjected to that lockout indeed.
Unless they changed things in the last couple of days that is.

I've been spamming some back to back Bhaflau myself a couple of days ago when the update was just implemented.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 09:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »

You've done the other zones more than once in a day since the version update?

Have you done more than 3 Bhaf Remnants in a single day? It was obviously possible to hold a Remnant Permit to do a zone twice, but if you've done it 3+ times then that debunks what I was told.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-05-20 09:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So far as I know, after the dust settled from the version update changes, it was discovered that Salvage wasn't actually repeatable after a 1 hour cool-down, but rather it was each Remnant zone once per real life day.

Is this not the case? Perhaps it's wrong, but I had several LS mates swear to the current changes mentioned above.

Yesterday I did ARII once, Bhaflau Remnants 4 times, and SSR 3 times. It's most definitely not once per zone per RL day (except ARII - you can still only do that one once per RL day)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 09:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »

Yesterday I did ARII once, Bhaflau Remnants 4 times, and SSR 3 times. It's most definitely not once per zone per RL day (except ARII - you can still only do that one once per RL day)

Praise be to Yevon!

I'm happy to hear I've been incorrectly slandered! Thanks for confirming.
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-05-20 09:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You've done the other zones more than once in a day since the version update?

Have you done more than 3 Bhaf Remnants in a single day? It was obviously possible to hold a Remnant Permit to do a zone twice, but if you've done it 3+ times then that debunks what I was told.

You can do BR2 30 times in a single sitting. Can get new permit every hour. I would not recommend this but I didn't puke as I originally expected. If sat down for 24hours and did 24 runs you could expect to get around 3,250, maybe a little more if you got lucky on multiple linen or cotton NMs were good to you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-20 09:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Praise be to Yevon!

Anyone who praises Yevon is a no good son of a shoopuff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 09:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Praise be to Yevon!

Anyone who praises Yevon is a no good son of a shoopuff.

[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-20 09:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping on the main topic however, I think we can say that the myth of making a Mythic from scratch in a single day is:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 09:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping on the main topic however, I think we can say that the myth of making a Mythic from scratch in a single day is:
Can't say that, we didn't use limited testing on a specific question using unscientific methods.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-05-20 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hush^
 Siren.Safira
Server: Siren
user: Ashene
By Siren.Safira 2015-05-20 11:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It is confirmed that you CAN enter Salvage I zones more than once per day, but Salvage II only once. I am assuming since the "dupe" bans, they cracked down on re-entering the zone if you still had a remnants permit from the previous day that you didn't use.

That being said, I think it is virtually impossible to start and finish a Mythic from scratch in one day or even one weekend WITHOUT buying Alex. It's just not feasible when you take into consideration everything else you need. The Alexandrite challenge IS possible if you buy them. I agree that the price WILL go down...it will be a matter of time though.

Those are my two cents on this topic.

If you're going to do this, all the more power to you, but I think you can feasibly get one done in a month or two.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 11:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Safira said: »
It is confirmed that you CAN enter Salvage I zones more than once per day, but Salvage II only once. I am assuming since the "dupe" bans, they cracked down on re-entering the zone if you still had a remnants permit from the previous day that you didn't use.

That being said, I think it is virtually impossible to start and finish a Mythic from scratch in one day or even one weekend WITHOUT buying Alex. It's just not feasible when you take into consideration everything else you need. The Alexandrite challenge IS possible if you buy them. I agree that the price WILL go down...it will be a matter of time though.

Those are my two cents on this topic.

If you're going to do this, all the more power to you, but I think you can feasibly get one done in a month or two.

Now we're back to square one.

>_>

So the zones people are spamming are Salvage I then.

Actually, nevermind. Rabies said he's spammed BR II, so I'm going with that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 11:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How confirmed? We have conflicting reports here, one person said that they spammed BRII, one said only Salvage I confirmed.

Can we get some real answers here instead of guesses?
By fonewear 2015-05-20 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be done because FFXI died in 2009 !
By Nyruul 2015-05-20 11:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an idea go try it for yourself! Then you will in fact know for sure whether you can or not.
By fonewear 2015-05-20 11:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you want to make a mythic the game is going to end soon anyways ?

From scratch I mean. Not if you are already working on one.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 11:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
I got an idea go try it for yourself! Then you will in fact know for sure whether you can or not.
That means resubbing! I don't want to resub!
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-20 11:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
That means resubbing! I don't want to resub!

Fair enough.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 11:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Why would you want to make a mythic the game is going to end soon anyways ?

From scratch I mean. Not if you are already working on one.

I don't understand why people keep saying this.

The game isn't ending. Updates are being stopped after November, yes, but that doesn't mean the game is ending. As long as people find things to do, there will always be things to do.

So until SE says "On x date, we will be discontinuing services for Final Fantasy XI.. blah blah", then it's business as usual.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-20 11:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How confirmed? We have conflicting reports here, one person said that they spammed BRII, one said only Salvage I confirmed.

I've done BRII three times in a row (all before JP midnight).
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-20 11:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »

And that's not having saved up 3 Remnant Permits beforehand, right?
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-20 11:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »

And that's not having saved up 3 Remnant Permits beforehand, right?

Correct.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-05-20 12:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Safira said: »
It is confirmed that you CAN enter Salvage I zones more than once per day, but Salvage II only once.

This is just flat-out not true. I didn't specify II in my post earlier, but all my salvage runs I did yesterday were the level 99 (II) versions. I did SSRII 3 times already this morning.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-20 12:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure where some of you are getting mislead about the entry conditions: Only Arrapago Remnants has a 1/day limit (shared between both I and II). The other 3 zones have no limit whatsoever. The only thing affecting your re-entry is whether or not you picked up another permit.

Spammed the ***outta SSR yesterday, and every time I finished I was able to pick up the permit right away, which was always under an hour. Either my sense of time is amazingly bad or it's a quicker recharge time than indicated.