Make A Mythic In 1 Day Challenge!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-05-20 12:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As other people have said in other threads (and probably this one as well, although I don't wanna go hunt it down) - there is only 1 daily restriction for entering any Salvage zone, and that is for Arrapogo Remnants II. This restriction resets after JP midnight. Other than that zone, you can enter as many times as you can obtain a permit.

On the topic of obtaining permits, the update said once per hour, but I'm guessing it's once per game day. I did 3 runs this morning and my permit aquisition was like this:

1) The first permit used from one I obtained last night before going to bed (I had this permit on my character when I logged in this morning)
2) the second permit obtained immediately after my first run completed, this was many hours after obtaining the prior permit (from the night previous)
3) after my 2nd run was complete it was 3:00am on fireday, and I was able to get a 3rd permit (I'm guessing because my prior permit was acquired on darkday)

None of those runs lasted over 20 mins, so it wasn't a matter of the hour elapsing whilst doing the runs.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-05-20 16:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Not sure where some of you are getting mislead about the entry conditions: Only Arrapago Remnants has a 1/day limit (shared between both I and II). The other 3 zones have no limit whatsoever. The only thing affecting your re-entry is whether or not you picked up another permit.

Spammed the ***outta SSR yesterday, and every time I finished I was able to pick up the permit right away, which was always under an hour. Either my sense of time is amazingly bad or it's a quicker recharge time than indicated.

I've only been able to get 1 permit per in game day.
By lhova 2015-05-21 13:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so we've determined that AR2 (and possibly AR) can't be spammed. But which zone would be the ideal zone to spam on Thf? I do have Mnk to use (was thinking of using it for BR2 spam) but I'd really prefer Thf. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-21 13:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Ok so we've determined that AR2 (and possibly AR) can't be spammed. But which zone would be the ideal zone to spam on Thf? I do have Mnk to use (was thinking of using it for BR2 spam) but I'd really prefer Thf. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

When I do Bhaflau Remnants II I'm on SMN 100% of the time so I'm not sure how a DD does against Orthrus Seether's physical defense boost.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-21 13:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

When I do Bhaflau Remnants II I'm on SMN 100% of the time so I'm not sure how a DD does against Orthrus Seether's physical defense boost.

The DD should be one that can deal magic and physical damage. I suggest BLU or RDM, as they also get Requiescat.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-21 13:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

The DD should be one that can deal magic and physical damage. I suggest BLU or RDM, as they also get Requiescat.

DNC/RUN works pretty well for me.

EDIT: To clarify, rune damage and self-Darkness adds up.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-21 13:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf/dnc definitely doesn't work at all in BRII (entered by mistake), lol.

Sam with Murasamemaru works great. I have done it without Murasamemaru too, it's definitely doable but it takes forever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-05-21 14:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

sam does get requiescat, though
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-21 14:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/DNC works with a decent nuke set. I also like to have shell/protect scroll for Cerb. It takes me a little longer than Khim or Hydra, but it's still a decent zone. I've been meaning to try it on GEO, but still need a decent melee set for a reasonable mix of physical/magical dmg.

Zhayolm is do-able on NIN as well. It's largest drawback is that you don't unlock any gear until the end, and gears hit like trucks without armor unlocked. As long as you're careful with links, it's not bad though.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-21 15:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Arrapago 1 cannot be spammed, which sucks worse if your Mythic Trial is Armored Chariot.

The way Cerberus and Orthrus Seether work is a balancing act between physical and magic damage; doing too much of one form will reduce it, but will weaken him to the other. On a job like THF, this is pretty tricky since you'll want /DNC for survival, but this limits your magic damage to the occasional Aeolian Edge (and Jugo if you're using that). The result is a very drawn out fight, but it is winnable.

BLU has the easiest time since their spells will grow stronger with each cast (registering as magic, but calculated as physical). RUN, PLD, and RDM will breeze through it slightly slower but with zero danger. DRG (probably /RUN is best), NIN, DRK, and DNC are versatile enough. BST, PUP, and SMN do fine on the bosses, but have a slow start on entry due to needing Ranged/Ammo (kill the first goblin). SAM, THF, WAR, and RNG have an issue with keeping HP up but also dealing magic damage since you'd need TP for Waltzes. COR has QD, MNK has Formless, but that's really it. Dunno bout other mage jobs, but I've done it as my brother's sparks BRD and seen it done on GEO.
[+]
By bradinthebox 2015-05-21 15:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to run GEO/DNC on my wife's character in Bhaflau with sparks gear a while ago:
- Sleep/nuke the Flan for armor first, then melee down the Fly and Gobbie for the rest
- Espial armor for evasion and Regen+Malaise with Earth Crusher (not Cataclysm) on a OAT+MAB Kumhau staff for Archaic Gears
- Flash Nova against the Cerbs; melee in Espial for evasion, switch melee set to Wayfarer's before each Nova so I resist Paralyze/Burn/whatever from the counter WS

Took about 40-45 minutes per run with plenty of close calls, so I leveled her BLU.
By lhova 2015-05-21 16:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So it stinks a little that I can spam salvage but not with any jobs that I currently have lol. Damn OP Blu's!!!
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-21 17:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

On a job like THF, this is pretty tricky since you'll want /DNC for survival, but this limits your magic damage to the occasional Aeolian Edge (and Jugo if you're using that). The result is a very drawn out fight, but it is winnable.

After trying thf/dnc twice (once to see if it could be done and the 2nd time by accident) I'll say it's near impossible to do and not worth it. Aeolian Edge does very little damage, but the biggest issue is if you get unlucky and Orthrus spams his stoneskin move. It takes forever to break when your melee hits do 10-20 damage, you get no tp to neither ws nor to heal yourself. And the spikes hurt.

SAM, THF, WAR, and RNG have an issue with keeping HP up but also dealing magic damage since you'd need TP for Waltzes.

Sam really has no issues with Orthrus, certainly not with keeping hp up. As already mentioned, Murasamemaru makes the fight a complete joke, and it's definitely doable without it too, just takes a (hell of a) lot longer.
[+]
By lhova 2015-05-21 17:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
On a job like THF, this is pretty tricky since you'll want /DNC for survival, but this limits your magic damage to the occasional Aeolian Edge (and Jugo if you're using that). The result is a very drawn out fight, but it is winnable.

After trying thf/dnc twice (once to see if it could be done and the 2nd time by accident) I'll say it's near impossible to do and not worth it. Aeolian Edge does very little damage, but the biggest issue is if you get unlucky and Orthrus spams his stoneskin move. It takes forever to break when your melee hits do 10-20 damage, you get no tp to neither ws nor to heal yourself. And the spikes hurt.

SAM, THF, WAR, and RNG have an issue with keeping HP up but also dealing magic damage since you'd need TP for Waltzes.

Sam really has no issues with Orthrus, certainly not with keeping hp up. As already mentioned, Murasamemaru makes the fight a complete joke, and it's definitely doable without it too, just takes a (hell of a) lot longer.

Yeah but I remember his tp moves hurting, a lot. On Monk soeetimes I had to 1hr just to get my hp back up. Honestly haven't done BR2 with Ilevel gear so it could be a joke now but if thats the case maybe its a joke on my Mnk too. I'm surprised more people aren't saying its easy on Monk.
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-21 17:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gates of Hades/Acheron's Flame can hurt a bit, but not enough to be dangerous to sam. It did kill me with GoH on thf though, it'd been spamming Magma Hoplon, my hp was low and I had no tp. Other tp moves are a joke.

I can't say what the fight will be like for mnk, I don't play mnk. But I'd say go ahead and try it, all you stand to lose is a little time and a few assault points.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-05-21 18:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gates of Hades/Acheron's Flame can hurt a bit, but not enough to be dangerous to sam. It did kill me with GoH on thf though, it'd been spamming Magma Hoplon, my hp was low and I had no tp. Other tp moves are a joke.

I can't say what the fight will be like for mnk, I don't play mnk. But I'd say go ahead and try it, all you stand to lose is a little time and a few assault points.

MNK should be fine with Formless from about 50% HP.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-05-21 18:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what Alex prices are going to look like with people being able to spam salvage. May do another mythic when I reactivate
By cervelo84 2015-05-21 21:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

People are trying to buy alex for 7k on my server but it's not happening. Prices are going up. 1 week already and a price hike of 7500-8000
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-21 22:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Steady prices here on Bahamut, can find it as cheaply as 6k if you know where to look.
 Asura.Chartorkz
Server: Asura
user: charaxes
By Asura.Chartorkz 2015-05-21 23:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »

MNK should be fine with Formless from about 50% HP.

Formless is better used before getting to 50% since the Orthrus mob types have some stupid TP gain while being hit Formless, doing it at lower HP is just gonna get him to spam Gates of Hades/ Acheron Flame.
 Fenrir.Sytah
Server: Fenrir
user: Sytah
By Fenrir.Sytah 2015-05-22 01:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Since October I have farmed so much to get my 30k Alex and get captain and then do my assaults and my nyzul tokens and my ichor, it is a little sad for me now that I only have 4 assaults left and this happens but I am happy for others to be able to get it done faster. I completed my Alex 2 months ago and my Nyzul. Next week I will have Death Penalty :D :D
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-22 02:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chartorkz said: »
Formless is better used before getting to 50% since the Orthrus mob types have some stupid TP gain while being hit Formless, doing it at lower HP is just gonna get him to spam Gates of Hades/ Acheron Flame.

I'd say the best job for the Cerbs is Summoner believe it or not.
Flaming Crush, despite its fire properties litterally rips both Cerb as well as Orthrus to shreds and with the 3 way skillchain I've been using on them they both eat dirt within a minute.

Apogee -> Shattersoul -> Flaming Crush -> Frag -> Flaming Crush -> Light
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-22 04:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can quickly skip NQ cerb by running onto the pad after he comes out of the rampart, and time it so the menu pops between him trying to chomp you. Just gotta be quick with the floorup menu prompt as well but its easy to do with practice.

If you are reliant on longer timed cooldowns or feel you are undergeared it can be a better use of your time to just do this skipping tactic.
Even the most optimistic NQ linen drop rate comes out to be about 9ish pieces of alex over the long run which is 55-60k gil at the going rate.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-05-22 09:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
you aren't finding 30k alex in a week let alone a day
I bought at least 15k over the course of a week, could've bought more but I chose not to go above average price. Of course prices dropped shortly after, shattering my expectations of a hike.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-22 09:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost done!

Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 09:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost done!

WHM for life if you have that thing. Grants!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-22 10:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost done!

WHM for life if you have that thing. Grants!

Heck no. WHM when Ava wants to WHM!

Thanks though. xD
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-22 10:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to be that rare and useless thing known as a mythic RDM sometime in the future. :D
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-22 10:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to be that rare and useless thing known as a mythic RDM sometime in the future. :D

Murgleis is useful - at least I think it is. xD