New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 201 202 203
By Ruaumoko 2015-11-19 21:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see them add a feature that lets us spend Job Points gained on a job we have achieved 'Master' status with on other jobs. Say for example you reach 2100 on Corsair and want to progress your Puppetmaster (one of many jobs not on the go-to list for many setups), you just join on your Corsair and spend those 500 Job Points you get there on your Puppetmaster.

I suspect that Job Points are going to be a requirement for Aeonic weapons in the next update but if you have 2100 on a job that has a frankly ***Aeonic then you might as well use those extra Job Points for something else.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-11-19 21:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I would like to see them add a feature that lets us spend Job Points gained on a job we have achieved 'Master' status with on other jobs. Say for example you reach 2100 on Corsair and want to progress your Puppetmaster (one of many jobs not on the go-to list for many setups), you just join on your Corsair and spend those 500 Job Points you get there on your Puppetmaster.

I suspect that Job Points are going to be a requirement for Aeonic weapons in the next update but if you have 2100 on a job that has a frankly ***Aeonic then you might as well use those extra Job Points for something else.
Would be cool but I don't see that happening. Would be nice to least have the CP bonus % carry over from each job but I doubt that will even happen
By Pantafernando 2015-11-20 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 22 Digest

Greetings,

To coincide with the November version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another "Freshly Picked Vana'diel" to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui

Hello, everyone. Matsui here.
Thanks for tuning in to Freshly Picked Vana’diel 22.

We’ve just implemented the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana’diel with the recent, major version update. During Freshly Picked Vana’diel I talked about the content we added as well as plans for the future, so please give the digest a read when you have a moment.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Rhapsodies of Vana’diel

Seekers of Adoulin Quests

Aeonic Weapons

Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean Weapons

Domain Invasion

Geas Fete Additions

Unity: Wanted

Mog Gardens

Record of Eminence

Job Adjustments

Trust Initiative

Campaigns and Announcements

Conclusion
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-20 18:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When wielding an aeonic weapon, you’ll gain an aftermath effect when using the weapon skills learned through merit points at 3000 TP... The aftermath will wear off after executing the ultimate skillchain
lol

I don't think I like the concept/execution of Aeonics. The ones that are actually good will just reinforce existing SC->MB strats, and those that aren't (or are attached to jobs that struggle to find a place in such a setup) will have all the value of a Claustrum.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-20 19:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

every new piece of information about this game makes me sadder
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-20 20:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Marsyas, the Aeonic instrument, grants you the ability to use the special song “Honor March.” This effect of this song is quite close to combination of Sword Madrigal, Archer’s Prelude, Valor Minuet III, and Advancing March all rolled into one.
Interesting.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-20 20:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

very difficult to think of an application for that, especially if they're the base potency of each song.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-20 20:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a weird mix, I wonder if they screwed up when describing which tiers. Like, why would it be Sword Madrigal but Archer's Prelude?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-20 20:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Quote:
When wielding an aeonic weapon, you’ll gain an aftermath effect when using the weapon skills learned through merit points at 3000 TP... The aftermath will wear off after executing the ultimate skillchain
lol

I don't think I like the concept/execution of Aeonics. The ones that are actually good will just reinforce existing SC->MB strats, and those that aren't (or are attached to jobs that struggle to find a place in such a setup) will have all the value of a Claustrum.

The fact that the AM isn't tiered means that if it lasts long enough, it might be pretty cool. The skillchain bonus in particular interests me. Also interesting to see how the burst damage bonus is applied.

For the ultimate skillchain though, it seems pretty crap. The window doesn't seem much longer than just a regular skillchains for magic bursts. Unless they dramatically improve damage or reduce the dt from consecutive bursts, I don't see how it's better.
 Phoenix.Syto
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2015-11-20 22:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is that the artwork/graphics are nicely made on the weapons, and I am going to Lockstyle them, all while using Koga. #LockStyleAeonics
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-20 22:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, Honor March is 3-4 songs in one, very nice.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-20 23:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
The fact that the AM isn't tiered means that if it lasts long enough, it might be pretty cool. The skillchain bonus in particular interests me. Also interesting to see how the burst damage bonus is applied.

For the ultimate skillchain though, it seems pretty crap. The window doesn't seem much longer than just a regular skillchains for magic bursts. Unless they dramatically improve damage or reduce the dt from consecutive bursts, I don't see how it's better.
Given the competition from RME weapons, I'm willing to bet the go-to niche for Aeonics will be 1-2 DDs doing cycles of 300 TP -> aftermath -> self SC for burst damage via SC/MB. They might hold up in more general use for certain weapons/jobs depending on exact numbers, but I suspect that will be the exception rather than the rule. I certainly have no immediate plans to pursue Sequence pending further information on Aeonics; even finishing Almace as an offhand for my soon-to-be-completed Tizona will probably take priority.

Despite the relevance to current strats, it's an oddly dated concept in another sense. Such weapons would have been right at home in oldschool exp parties and /THF SAWS HNM strats back in the day for instance. Guess we've come full circle.
By Draylo 2015-11-20 23:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Now would be a good time to farm plates, capped lights for quick kills.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-21 00:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows what's going on with gea fete double drop campaigns? None of the NM in reisenjima are giving double armor drops. Any info would be appreciated
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2015-11-21 01:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the wording in the campaign is odd.
I think the double drop only applies to eschalixirs and stones - so instead of getting a possible 2 for personal drops of those items you will get a total of 4.
By Mookies 2015-11-21 01:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's personal drop slots, which can, rarely, drop gear.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-11-21 01:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did... did I read this correctly...?

"We also showed off the various ark angel alter egos we are planning to release in the future."

CAN'T WAIT!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2015-11-21 02:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hrohj said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.

This ***doesn't even make sense.

Yeah, his response to me was almost completely unrelated. This is what it feels like to talk to a wall. I don't like it.
maybe I'm missing something, how did they adjust the amount of bayld we can get?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-21 04:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudxi said: »
Asura.Hrohj said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.

This ***doesn't even make sense.

Yeah, his response to me was almost completely unrelated. This is what it feels like to talk to a wall. I don't like it.
maybe I'm missing something, how did they adjust the amount of bayld we can get?

They nerfed the hell out of it again, if I recall. Lowered the number of bayld/imp for delivery quests
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-21 05:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They lowered the high amounts of bayld you get from Drifts delivery quests buffed every other asigment and coalition. You can see that as a buff from SEs side, however a nerf for daily Kamihr spammers.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-11-21 08:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
They lowered the high amounts of bayld you get from Drifts delivery quests buffed every other asigment and coalition. I can you can see that as a buff from SEs side, however a nerf for daily Kamihr spammers.

They nerfed the delivery quests because they require no effort to finish. They actually buffed the peacekeeper coalition ones which require fighting so it's not that unfair. Just require effort.

So they were specifically targeting people making bayld with mules using imprimaturs.
[+]
 Diabolos.Distrusive
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Distrusive 2015-11-23 05:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
They lowered the high amounts of bayld you get from Drifts delivery quests buffed every other asigment and coalition. I can you can see that as a buff from SEs side, however a nerf for daily Kamihr spammers.

They nerfed the delivery quests because they require no effort to finish. They actually buffed the peacekeeper coalition ones which require fighting so it's not that unfair. Just require effort.

So they were specifically targeting people making bayld with mules using imprimaturs.

Hopefully they will adjust the recognition per imp, so you can rank up the coalitions in a reasonable amount of time. It's sorta silly if you can get all the ranks for mythics in a matter of hours, but still take months to get the coalitions maxed...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-23 05:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »

I just spam Kamhir - Morale Boosting now, it's only slightly more effort.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-11-23 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

"Reaching 2,100 points will unlock “★Master!,” which gives you a special job trait, title, and animation."

Is this a mistranslation? I haven't heard of anything other than the title and the stars.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-23 14:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a reduction of your 1hrs to 45mins which is probably what that refers to.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-23 15:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The development team is currently looking into the following three options for addressing the issue where players cannot avoid certain Geas Fetes.

Only adjust the size of the battle area for the area around Eschan Portal #9 in Reisenjima.
Reduce the size of the battle area for all zones.
Keep the size the same as it has been.

Please let us know which option you prefer and we will relay your feedback to the development team.

In addition to addressing the above in the December version update, we will also be making adjustments to the number of regular monsters found in Reisenjima. This will make it a bit safer for clearing content that involves the “???” for Geas Fetes.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-24 15:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback on this.

The development team has been discussing this internally based on the comments received globally and their testing, and they have decided to proceed with the second option, reducing the size of the battle area for all zones, which will be implemented in the next version update.

Currently the battle area for Geas Fete has a radius of 50 meters (100 meter diameter), and when reduced it would become a 35 meter radius (70 meter diameter). The effective range of magic spells is 20 meters, so this would be balanced perfectly to not feel inconvenienced. However, I believe it will be hard to imagine without actually participating in the fight.

During testing, we tried addressing only certain areas, and while nothing out of the ordinary developed in the addressed area, there was a concern that critical issues may arise on other areas. In order to avoid any unwanted situations from arising, we decided to proceed by addressing all zones at the same time.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-24 15:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We’ve been receiving a lot of requests in regards to adding more space to the Mog Wardrobe, and the development team is currently looking into this. We’ll keep you posted as to whether or not this will be possible and the time frame if we can do it.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 201 202 203