Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-11-10 01:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Quote:
A Word to All Vana'diel's Adventurers (11/09/2015)
Today we released the November 2015 update for FINAL FANTASY XI.
This update marks the climax of Iroha's saga in Vana'diel, which began in May of this year. Fight alongside the woman from the future in her struggle against the void and experience how Vana'diel will face the coming age.
Naoshi Mizuta has composed a stirring melody, the eponymous Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, to encompass all we have experienced to date. The choral section, which utilizes your submissions that we accepted earlier this year, is a shining symbol of the memories we have made over the course of Vana'diel's storied history. I hope you take this chance to remember those irreplaceable friends you have made during your journeys.

As announced in March, we will continue minor version updates through and beyond April 2016. Each month we will bring you battlefields, Record of Eminence additions, balance adjustments, and bug fixes. Vana'diel's story does not end here, and in the near future we are planning a version update for December. We will have further updates in the weeks ahead, so stay tuned for more.

We are continuing to hold and plan the Goddess's Gala, a celebration of FINAL FANTASY XI and Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.
Among the many things we are planning to bring to you are a mosaic of screenshots you have submitted to us, a blu-ray disc called Priceless Remembrance, and a commemorative publication featuring screenshots recreating the main missions of the original FINAL FANTASY XI and its various expansions.
We are also going to hold a Return Home to Vana'diel campaign, so look up your friends and invite them back to Vana'diel so they can experience the conclusion of our ultimate scenario. Of course, we have planned a variety of other special campaigns to aid adventurers new and old alike!

It is thanks to the overwhelming support of Vana'diel's many adventurers that we have been able to bring FINAL FANTASY XI to you for fourteen years, and I would like to take this moment to express my heartfelt gratitude. I would also like to offer my deepest appreciation to all departments that have supported us and to all the staff that have worked on developing and operating the game over these many years.

Take the time to fully enjoy all that the development and operations teams have spent days and nights preparing for you in this November version update.

May your adventures in FINAL FANTASY XI be fruitful!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

Yeah, so they already have content for patches to April next year, but will likely keep going if people are playing.

Not surprised or surprising.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-11-10 15:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Re-summoning an alter ego to reset the recast timers of the alter ego is working as intended. With that said, we have no plans to adjust this or apply adjustments to players to match the recast time of alter ego abilities.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-12 04:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 12, 2015 1:30 (PST)
Nov. 12, 2015 9:30 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following issue has been addressed:
- An issue wherein the server may go down when using the black magic spell “Escape” or Enchantment: "Teleport" (Nation) from the item “Moogle Cap” while Alter Egos are summoned.
You blasted Black Mages, bringing down the server.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-11-12 04:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

who cares about escape crashing the server ? Beetles front right leg are moving sooo fast now !
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-11-12 05:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
who cares about escape crashing the server ? Beetles front right leg are moving sooo fast now !

What's next, people either don't know or forgot where pugils eyes are?
By Pantafernando 2015-11-16 14:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (11/16/2015)

The next version update is scheduled for early December.

Scheduled for the upcoming patch are further festivities in Geas Fete with powerful notorious monsters, and further steps in the aeonic weapon questline, culminating in the completion of the weapons themselves. New emotes and Unity outfits are on the docket as well!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-16 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No more updates after November, except for this one in early December?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-16 15:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They never said "no more updates". Small updates are still happening for the foreseeable future.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-16 15:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
No more updates after November, except for this one in early December?

They just meant major updates. So we're not getting expansions, add-ons, new storylines (like RoV), etc; probably also means no more new zones, or completely new content (may get harder versions of old fights, but won't get some completely new battle system, like when when salvage, walk of echoes, or sinister reign were introduced, etc)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-16 17:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see them taking an older zone and making a clone of it, like Dynamis/Abyssea style.
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-11-16 18:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope some of these battlefields we get over the coming year some of them please be Higher Difficulty Maat Fights maybe for JSE gear or something.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-16 19:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's still potential for Unity Sandworm and Unity Unicorn fights to give us feels about WotG?
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2015-11-16 20:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is currently free to play if you want to come back and see the update. I'm not sure when they'll close the free to play window but I can tell you, I updated FFXI and didn't update my payment method.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-17 15:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Important Notice to All Software Token Users (Nov. 16)

This is a notice concerning the next iOS update, iOS 9.2.

Currently it has been confirmed that when updating to iOS 9.2, an issue may occur where the Software Token may not open.

We ask that you do not update to iOS 9.2 when the update itself is released.

Further information related to any updates on the matter will be detailed in a follow-up news.

If you have updated to iOS 9.2, we have confirmed that the Software Token can be made usable again by first removing the Software Token and then re-downloading and re-registering the Software Token.

As we have noted many other times, to remove the Software Token, you will need your Emergency Removal Password, so we ask that you please have the Emergency Removal Password saved somewhere beforehand.

*You will also need to remove the Software Token when switching smart phone devices as well, so please take the time to check for this situation as well.

*For more information on the Token removal, please go to the url below.
http://sqex.to/LxX

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we ask for your understanding and patience on this matter.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-18 19:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Merlinic gear was created purely for back line jobs. There are no plans to adjust this gear and allow other jobs access, including blue mage.

Quote:
As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.

Quote:
We have no plans to adjust any of the Gifts. Gifts aren't intended to be something players must have, instead the development team planned them as slight enhancements.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-18 19:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We're currently planning to make it possible to deliver Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapon upgrade materials. When this becomes possible, we're also planning to allow these items to be listed on the auction house.

Quote:
It is possible to add Escha Beads as an item that can be obtained with Copper Vouchers; however, if we were to do this the exchange rate will be lower than other points.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-18 19:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
We're currently planning to make it possible to deliver Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapon upgrade materials. When this becomes possible, we're also planning to allow these items to be listed on the auction house.

I don't know what this will do to the prices, but I'll be glad to never have to bazaar that crap ever again.
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2015-11-18 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

this is godsend, i have 32 lungo-nangos sitting in my bazaar at 350k each and nobody will even /check me ;;
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-18 19:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We have no plans to adjust any of the Gifts. Gifts aren't intended to be something players must have, instead the development team planned them as slight enhancements.

Oh SE, that hasn't been the case for most jobs since they came out. Even something simple such allowing you to fully max job-specific merits would have been somewhat satisfying and thematically appropriate to the concept of mastering a job.
[+]
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-11-18 20:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:

Oh SE, that hasn't been the case for most jobs since they came out. Even something simple such allowing you to fully max job-specific merits would have been somewhat satisfying and thematically appropriate to the concept of mastering a job.

The dev team or community reps for Final Fantasy 11 are awful. They at times come across like they don't want people's subscription fees. Terrible at doing business.

The amount of times they've done what they said they wouldn't... And the general attitude they have towards to western player base is unpro.

Funny how for 14 it's kinda the polar opposite where SE reps literally wanna lick consumers arse.

#playerspayyourwages
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-18 22:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:

Gifts are basically "leveling up" when taken all together. Add up all the bonus's and you end up a few levels higher stat-wise.

Personally I wish they would adjust the 2100 bonus to be something like +15 to all stats. +15 Attack / Accuracy / Evasion / Defense / Magic Attack / Magic Defense. Wouldn't be a huge increase or job changing, but would be a really nice bonus for those who get 2100.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-11-18 22:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

you get 3 stars above you head when you get 2100 what more could you ask for
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-11-18 22:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

4 stars
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-18 23:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For the stars to at least be centered and symmetrical.

My OCD hurts when I see it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-11-18 23:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
4 stars

I give 5 stars for the dancing avatar that is no longer used
By Elizabet 2015-11-19 00:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Personally I wish they would adjust the 2100 bonus

Personnally, I wish that my 100p gift and 1200p gift actually did *something* instead of nothing at all.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-11-19 14:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-19 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The development team is planning to strengthen Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons once the Aeonic weapons have been implemented.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-11-19 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.

This ***doesn't even make sense.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 201 202 203