2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2015-11-24 15:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We're aware of the issue where manually assigning buttons to a gamepad isn't working properly within FFXI. The development team will be addressing this in the December version update.

Additionally, XInput does not work inside of the PlayOnline viewer; this is working as intended.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-24 15:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We have no plans to remove the rare tag from the door keys or to remove the weakness effect received when using skeleton keys.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-25 18:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Voidwatch Campaign grants players the ability to engage in battle with maximum alignment. Since there is no alignment within Provenance, the campaign effects will not take place within this zone.

Quote:
The development team is planning to make the following adjustments to the item "Dashing Subligar" in the December version update.

- Remove the Rare and EX tags.
- Add the ability to trade and place this item in bazaars.
- Restrict the ability to list this item on the auction house.

Originally this item was supposed to be a Superior item, but we will not be adding this property to this item after the fact since this would create a situation where some players who could previously equip the subligar would no longer be able to.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-27 14:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Notice Regarding the Cancellation of PlayStation®2 and Xbox 360® Service for FINAL FANTASY XI (11/27/2015)

As previously announced on Thursday, March 19, 2015, PlayStation®2 and Xbox 360® service for FINAL FANTASY XI will end on Thursday, March 31, 2016.

As such, PlayStation®2 and Xbox 360® service will not be available after March 31, 2016, but your service account will remain in effect.

Those wishing to continue their adventures in Vana?diel may do so via the Windows® version.

Installing PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows®
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html

Players may continue enjoying FINAL FANTASY XI with the same SQUARE ENIX Account, PlayOnline ID, and PlayOnline password.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-27 14:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Months later - Graphic Update WoW style.

Not even wishfull thinking - but i would LOL so hard.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-30 16:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As previously mentioned, we are planning to make it possible to upgrade your Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons further, and I wanted to share a tidbit of information since we’ve seen a couple of questions about this. Currently we are planning to make it so if you are upgrading a weapon that has an afterglow, it will take less time and energy to create as opposed to those without an afterglow.

Get cracking on those afterglows. Also makes it sound like there will be no afterglow final RME.
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-30 16:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Quote:
As previously mentioned, we are planning to make it possible to upgrade your Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons further, and I wanted to share a tidbit of information since we’ve seen a couple of questions about this. Currently we are planning to make it so if you are upgrading a weapon that has an afterglow, it will take less time and energy to create as opposed to those without an afterglow.

Get cracking on those afterglows. Also makes it sound like there will be no afterglow final RME.

If that's true the final step will likely have the afterglow effect as well even without an afterglow stage. Unless they add another sadistic afterglow requirement yet again after the fact lol.

Good times.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-30 16:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »

If that's true the final step will likely have the afterglow effect as well even without an afterglow stage. Unless they add another sadistic afterglow requirement yet again after the fact lol.

Good times.

Not only that, if you think about it from deduction of what Grekumah said, the final upgrade is greater than what it takes to get an afterglow (the effort will be reduced for those with afterglows, so that means it is equivalent to afterglow and then some). I can only imagine how much of an effort it will take to get that final upgrade without already having an afterglow.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 16:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

(the effort will be reduced for those with afterglows, so that means it is equivalent to afterglow and then some)
That's not what that means.
It means that a person with ag will have lower requirements than one without.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-11-30 16:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Like all things SE is going to make it annoying dumb and frustrating because the longer you play the more money they make.

Something like 100,000 escha beads.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Currently we are planning to make it so if you are upgrading a weapon that has an afterglow, it will take less time and energy to create as opposed to those without an afterglow.
Sounds to me like a the requirement won't be a material one, but rather something more akin to Trial of the Magians. I don't think they're going to make it anything absurd to upgrade, consider that upgrading to 119 required clearing 119 content.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-30 17:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

SE just doesn't get it, do they?
By Pantafernando 2015-11-30 17:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's possible to add elemental arrows and bolts with item level; however, we would need to carefully consider battle balance and maintain the relationship with other elemental magic attacks. For instance, if the stats are too powerful and it results in the replacement of elemental magic, then it may take away from other jobs that use elemental damage. Similarly, if these elemental arrows and bolts are not very powerful, they may not be used at all.

We understand there are requests for new types of arrows and bolts, but we cannot promise they will be added; however, we'll look into this and see if it's possible to add arrows and bolts with stats that don’t affect the balance of combat.

Also, we’re currently looking into increasing the archery and marksmanship skills for ranger; however, we do not have any plans for making adjustments to the distance modifier for ranged attacks.

As Eagle Eye Shot has already been given the maximum amount of ranged accuracy possible, we aren't planning to make adjustments to the rate of accuracy; however, we are looking into changing how this attack can be avoided by Blink and Utsusemi.

We’re also planning to make adjustments to Flashy Shot in the June version update.

Then

Quote:
There are no plans to add additional arrows and bolts, including item level versions.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-30 17:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We’ll consider adding Mummer’s Medals to the currency tab in a future version update.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-30 17:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Adding additional features to the Orchestrion would be difficult; however, we are looking into this, but cannot make any promises if a feature such as the one you’ve requested will be added.
By fonewear 2015-11-30 17:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Quote:

SE just doesn't get it, do they?

They don't use logic or they would understand to "Please bear with us" is not a slogan you should use.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-11-30 17:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There are no plans to reduce the amount of time it takes to rank up Abyssea fame or adjust how fame functions in the Abyssea zones.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-11-30 18:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't care if it's absurd to get the "final final" upgrade to RMEs- let's face it, this is gonna be it for our precious pokey things. And unlike when iLvl was introduced, a 119 weapon right now for most people is still a very solid choice. When they first introduced iLvl RMEs, it was in response to an outcry because 99 RMEs became fodder.

Now, if it becomes easier to start a fresh Aeonic than upgrade an existing 119 RME, that's another story, and one worth debating.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-11-30 19:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Quote:
Currently we are planning to make it so if you are upgrading a weapon that has an afterglow, it will take less time and energy to create as opposed to those without an afterglow.
Sounds to me like a the requirement won't be a material one, but rather something more akin to Trial of the Magians. I don't think they're going to make it anything absurd to upgrade, consider that upgrading to 119 required clearing 119 content.

I think you underestimate SE. I bet it will be another irritating grind.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lishje
user: Lishje
By Asura.Lishje 2015-11-30 19:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Quote:

Let's face it, we know it will be a horrendous grind. The only perk in not knowing what it is exactly, is how S.E. will take the greatest fear we have about it, and somehow make it even worse hahaha
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-30 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

50,000 beads
50,000,000 silt
50 Dark Matters
50 Scoria / Marrow / 250 Cinders

500 Pluton / Beitsu / <whatever third item is>

And that's just the first stage...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-11-30 23:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Quote:

Just as easy to say you are assuming the worst.

Square-Enix has consistently delivered the worst, as far as mind-numbing grinds. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-11-30 23:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see SE making this last upgrade that bad. sure 300 pluton's seemed bad at first but now they are nothing. Think the worst is behind us if you have Ilvl 119 rme now
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-12-01 00:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst indicator for me that this is going to absolutely suck is that upgrading an afterglow only reduces the time and energy required to upgrade.

I know this is a naive assessment and a vast oversimplification, but:

REM 125 = X effort.
X = (a) * (effort required in getting an afterglow) + (some remainder Y).

for (a) between 0 and 1.

If (a) is close to 1 then upgrading to 125 is close to the effort required in making an afterglow

EDIT: The other side is that the amount of effort saved by having an afterglow results in a smaller "saved effort" in upgrading to 125, in which case those users with an afterglow got kinda shafted.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-01 00:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lishje said: »
Quote:

Let's face it, we know it will be a horrendous grind. The only perk in not knowing what it is exactly, is how S.E. will take the greatest fear we have about it, and somehow make it even worse hahaha

Considering how strong some of the skill 269 mythics are, new RME SHOULD need some serious effort to obtain, or else everyone can just facerolling content in ilv 269 REM and makes other ilv 242 alternatives completely useless.....also makes A.weapon completely not worth the effort to obtain.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 00:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
EDIT: The other side is that the amount of effort saved by having an afterglow results in a smaller "saved effort" in upgrading to 125, in which case those users with an afterglow got kinda shafted.

This should be the proper interpretation.

This is similar to the Emperian WS update where everyone go to use the WS without needing the Emp. People who already had the Emp, even partially completed, had a much "easier" update method then those who didn't.

So what this means is that there will be two update paths to the "Super REM". One for those with regular 119 versions, and a shorter one for the ones with Afterglow REM's. This will not be a linear relationship, you will not be required to do the same amount of work already invested by the afterglow people to get the super REM. It does mean the afterglow people might feel shafted, but I don't feel sorry because SE kinda warned them when they introduced afterglows.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 01:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The people who made afterglows knew they were busting their butts for a very marginal bonus and a glowy aura, and I'm willing to bet that they get to keep those when the upgrades come. SE is refunding some of their effort, so I don't see how they're getting shafted at all.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-01 02:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They will be shafted if everyone gets that aura. That is my concern atm, if SE lets the new upgrade give everyone an aura (which will look dumb) then it will be a slap to all people who invested in afterglows. What makes me feel this is that they are specifically saying that afterglow will have a lesser requirement, but that wasn't the case for the last REM upgrade. I kinda sense some animosity as if the efforts of those people are shunned by others simply because they don't have one? It does take more work to make one than most spent on their REM you know.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 201 202 203