By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-05 11:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why does everyone think this is bst's first time shinning? This isn't the first time bst has been the bandwagon.

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Not in this manner where they are wanted to fill all the DD roles in a party or event with a tank, no.
Well yeah back before when they were shinning before you didn't take them to do party stuff because they didn't need parties. Time I remember was back in abyssea era. Jug pets were basically invincible with the right atmas, and then there was that whole thing about them solo farming currency before the yuly/falcor nerf.

I wouldn't say they were bandwagoned back then, I mean, they didn't do anything other jobs couldn't do. Quite a few jobs with the right atmas were strong in Abyssea, BST was simply easier on gear and effort to go about it.

Same with Dynamis really, even pre-nerf, I wanna say BLU and THF were the 'best' for farming Dynamis, but BST was just an easier alternative that could be adequate. I could be wrong about this one though, I honestly don't remember.

BST of today is ridiculous though, and for pretty much the first time ever, BST is in a strong position.

(One small exception actually, BST was the first job able to solo Vrtra, but that was just some niche thing.)

Bandwagon isn't when bads jump on a job for convenience. It's when bads and capable players jump on a job for it's ridiculous strength, so like what you're seeing with today's BST.

If I recall there was no cap on pet -DT when abyssea first came out. Pretty sure that with certain atmas and gear they were invincible to most mobs. I could be misremembering also, that was ages ago

Yes pet -DT had no cap, so certain combinations of atma's could get it to 100% and made it effectively invincible.

It's really important to remember that "pet's" are just monsters. Monsters are OP in their stat scaling and mechanics because the games AI really isn't that good. Like imagine if SAM had an ability that let then morph into a monster with 5000+ HP, 60% attack bonus, 4.0 Attack Cap with a high fTP WS along with over 50% DT. When they finally die they aren't weakened, instead they spawn nearby and can immediately morph back into the monster. The morph JA has a 5 min cooldown but a 2 hour duration so if you start the fight already morphed with the cool down at 0, you can get it in twice real quick.

Yeah that's kinda the level of OP this is.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said:
Only thing BST truly excels at is cleaving. Ready timers make them slower to WS than a melee with capped accuracy/haste.

That's incredibly, stupidly dishonest, or your just trolling everyone. COR and GEO are BST's best friends.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Beast_Roll

50 ~ 80%+ attack bonus.

The second one will either be Drachen if you need the 65~75 acc, or Companions for 75/25 ~ 95/32 TP/HP a tick if you don't need the acc.

The GEO will be doing Geo-Fraility for somewhere around 27~35% defense down, the second one depends if it's safe for the GEO to stand 6~7 feet from the NM without being killed. Indi-Torpor would be -69 ~ 90 evasion. When they are combined with a pet that has an attack bonus you can get well north of 2200 attack, close to 3000 with the tiger, while also nearly cutting the enemies defense in half. This makes getting over 3.0 ratio pretty easy on hard tier content. No matter the number of buffs you throw at a melee they can't go over 2.25 ratio.

The ready timer is 25~30 seconds with up to five charges being stored. A BST can use about one charge every 5~6 seconds until they run out and start the fight with capped charges. So what we get is this

Ready: 20~25K (4 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (3 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (2 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (1 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (0 remaining)
5~6 Seconds (+1 charge)

15~25 Seconds on next charge depending on how good the player was at timing the charge expenditures.

120~150K damage in 30~40 seconds

That's 3000 ~ 5000 damage per second. Absolutely nothing in the game touches that. A well timed SC + MB gets close though.

Now you might argue that after that initial massive burst the BST's damage drops, and to that I would respond that the other 2~3 BSTs are also doing this and that whatever your fighting is either dead or almost dead by then.

Even if your a gimp and only getting 15K per Razor Fang that is still more damage then anything else in the game. It's the broken ready charge system combined with the BST being able to camp far away from danger that enables this.

From the Dev's

Blackbeard Randy

Quote:
Blackbeard Randy
This pet was based off the design of the tiger familiar, and as such, his attack delay has been set quite high. To compensate for this, we gave him a high amount of attack and a double attack bonus. Compared to other pets, he will not attack as frequently; however, it’s possible to deal good damage against high-tier monsters with his special abilities.

Bouncing Bertha

The "fix" would be to make all BST pet commands have a 5 yalm range and either reduce the total charges to 3 with a 40s timer, or keep five but make the timer over 60s. The goal would be to prevent the sort of mass Ready spam by groups of BST's from a distance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why does everyone think this is bst's first time shinning? This isn't the first time bst has been the bandwagon.

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Not in this manner where they are wanted to fill all the DD roles in a party or event with a tank, no.
Well yeah back before when they were shinning before you didn't take them to do party stuff because they didn't need parties. Time I remember was back in abyssea era. Jug pets were basically invincible with the right atmas, and then there was that whole thing about them solo farming currency before the yuly/falcor nerf.

I wouldn't say they were bandwagoned back then, I mean, they didn't do anything other jobs couldn't do. Quite a few jobs with the right atmas were strong in Abyssea, BST was simply easier on gear and effort to go about it.

Same with Dynamis really, even pre-nerf, I wanna say BLU and THF were the 'best' for farming Dynamis, but BST was just an easier alternative that could be adequate. I could be wrong about this one though, I honestly don't remember.

BST of today is ridiculous though, and for pretty much the first time ever, BST is in a strong position.

(One small exception actually, BST was the first job able to solo Vrtra, but that was just some niche thing.)

Bandwagon isn't when bads jump on a job for convenience. It's when bads and capable players jump on a job for it's ridiculous strength, so like what you're seeing with today's BST.

If I recall there was no cap on pet -DT when abyssea first came out. Pretty sure that with certain atmas and gear they were invincible to most mobs. I could be misremembering also, that was ages ago

Yes pet -DT had no cap, so certain combinations of atma's could get it to 100% and made it effectively invincible.

It's really important to remember that "pet's" are just monsters. Monsters are OP in their stat scaling and mechanics because the games AI really isn't that good. Like imagine if SAM had an ability that let then morph into a monster with 5000+ HP, 60% attack bonus, 4.0 Attack Cap with a high fTP WS along with over 50% DT. When they finally die they aren't weakened, instead they spawn nearby and can immediately morph back into the monster. The morph JA has a 5 min cooldown but a 2 hour duration so if you start the fight already morphed with the cool down at 0, you can get it in twice real quick.

Yeah that's kinda the level of OP this is.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said:
Only thing BST truly excels at is cleaving. Ready timers make them slower to WS than a melee with capped accuracy/haste.

That's incredibly, stupidly dishonest, or your just trolling everyone. COR and GEO are BST's best friends.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Beast_Roll

50 ~ 80%+ attack bonus.

The second one will either be Drachen if you need the 65~75 acc, or Companions for 75/25 ~ 95/32 TP/HP a tick if you don't need the acc.

The GEO will be doing Geo-Fraility for somewhere around 27~35% defense down, the second one depends if it's safe for the GEO to stand 6~7 feet from the NM without being killed. Indi-Torpor would be -69 ~ 90 evasion. When they are combined with a pet that has an attack bonus you can get well north of 2200 attack, close to 3000 with the tiger, while also nearly cutting the enemies defense in half. This makes getting over 3.0 ratio pretty easy on hard tier content. No matter the number of buffs you throw at a melee they can't go over 2.25 ratio.

The ready timer is 25~30 seconds with up to five charges being stored. A BST can use about one charge every 5~6 seconds until they run out and start the fight with capped charges. So what we get is this

Ready: 20~25K (4 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (3 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (2 remaining)
5~6 seconds
Ready: 20~25K (1 remaining)
5~6 seconds
5~6 Seconds (+1 charge)

15~25 Seconds on next charge depending on how good the player was at timing the charge expenditures.

120~150K damage in 30~40 seconds

That's 3000 ~ 5000 damage per second. Absolutely nothing in the game touches that. A well timed SC + MB gets close though.

Now you might argue that after that initial massive burst the BST's damage drops, and to that I would respond that the other 2~3 BSTs are also doing this and that whatever your fighting is either dead or almost dead by then.

Even if your a gimp and only getting 15K per Razor Fang that is still more damage then anything else in the game. It's the broken ready charge system combined with the BST being able to camp far away from danger that enables this.

From the Dev's

Blackbeard Randy

Quote:
Blackbeard Randy
This pet was based off the design of the tiger familiar, and as such, his attack delay has been set quite high. To compensate for this, we gave him a high amount of attack and a double attack bonus. Compared to other pets, he will not attack as frequently; however, it’s possible to deal good damage against high-tier monsters with his special abilities.

Bouncing Bertha

The "fix" would be to make all BST pet commands have a 5 yalm range and either reduce the total charges to 3 with a 40s timer, or keep five but make the timer over 60s. The goal would be to prevent the sort of mass Ready spam by groups of BST's from a distance.

Saveal, a gimp bstmasters unbuffed doesn't do 15k razor fang. More like 5k. And a gimp bstmasters is sitting at a 20 sec ready timer not 10 sec. U making beast master sound more powerful then it is. I challenge you to make a screenshot of yrself doing a 15 k razor fang on Escha t 1 NM
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-05 12:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said:
Saveal, a gimp bstmasters unbuffed doesn't do 15k razor fang. More like 5k. And a gimp bstmasters is sitting at a 20 sec ready timer not 10 sec. U making beast master sound more powerful then it is. I challenge you to make a screenshot of yrself doing a 15 k razor fang on Escha t 1 NM

Amymy, the difference between a gimp beastmaster and a good beastmaster is a 119 weapon, 100 job points, and 10m of alluvion augments roughly. You can do that in less than 24 hours even if you don't currently have BST unlocked.

Any other job needs multiple full sets, where every piece is important. They need more than the base 100 job points. They still don't keep up with BST.

Just because it's not quite the 'go naked and win' some people are painting it out to be doesn't mean it isn't quite overpowered.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-05 12:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Saevel makes a post full of facts and figures of why BST is OP and this is your rebuttal?

I'll start by saying if Sav wanted to gear his BST to do 15k Razor Fangs I'm sure he could, let's also look at your argument for gimp BSTs only having a 20 sec ready timer but confirming the requirements for 10 seconds.

1) Capped merit category - Easy
2) Charmer's Merlin off Dragua in Abyssea - Easy
3) Complete ASA and augment your legs - Easy
4) 100 Job Points - Easy

10 seconds isn't a hurdle to overcome for BST, it's a minor bump in the road, if there are gimps out there like you say, they aren't doing anything noticeable or OP and that would be the same as if they were on any other job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 12:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Saevel makes a post full of facts and figures of why BST is OP and this is your rebuttal?

I'll start by saying if Sav wanted to gear his BST to do 15k Razor Fangs I'm sure he could, let's also look at your argument for gimp BSTs only having a 20 sec ready timer but confirming the requirements for 10 seconds.

4) 100 Job Points - Easy

10 seconds isn't a hurdle to overcome for BST, it's a minor bump in the road, if there are gimps out there like you say, they aren't doing anything noticeable or OP and that would be the same as if they were on any other job.

So a gimp beastmaster have 10 sec ready timer fine but they don't do 15 k razor fangs. Am i wrong
?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-05 12:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

it's all about buffs, a beastmaster wearing nothing besides their 119 axe can do 15k razor fangs if they have a geo and a cor
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-05 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh you can't really compare a gimp BST to other high end jobs and say "look they don't deal that much!" He was comparing it to other jobs that are equally geared as that BST.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

4) 100 Job Points - Easy

Savael is the one who said a gimp beastmaster can do 15k damage not me. And personally I don't think a gimp can do 15k even with buffs. If they can do 15k even with buffs they not a gimp.
By geigei 2015-09-05 13:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant even do 15 fangs with axe onry in ronfaure yo!
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-09-05 13:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How to play BST.. I need gear for the job I like but I am not good at it I will play BST to get the gear for it then never play it because even though I have the gear I still cant play the job. VICTORY!
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-05 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Uh you can't really compare a gimp BST to other high end jobs and say "look they don't deal that much!" He was comparing it to other jobs that are equally geared as that BST.

Was comparing it to a BST that would approximately equally geared to my BLU, WAR or DRK for offensive DD. The pro-BST camp will dodge it all day, but monsters are just that much better then players. I wasn't even using 20s ready timers, just 25s from the piss-easy-to-get axe. At 20s it gets even stupider cause then you get your free charge after the fourth and not the fifth ability.

A gimp BST, which is 119 axe and random gear with job merits, coupled with a GEO and COR, is going to pump out 15K or more Razor Fangs. At the start of the fight they are going to be able to spam it for a massive wave of damage. A bad *** BST is going to be able to do 20~25K because their gear actually has augmented pet stats for accuracy and attack.

Beasts roll with an 11, that 20K COR ring and a BST in the party is something like 80% attack bonus. Blackbeard gets a 60% bonus to all additional attack through gear and buffs, and he has slightly over 1200 natural attack to begin with. Monster attack ration cap is almost twice as high as players, 4.0 vs 2.25. When you add those up it creates a situation similiar to RNG vs HNM's back in the days before the nerf. RNG's would sit there and do 2~3K Sidewinders to Kirin while buffed DD's were doing 750 damage WS's. Ranged Attack has a cap of 3.0 and they didn't get effected by LCF while the melee's had something like a 1.15 cRatio cap (Lv 92 HNM vs Lv 75 player).

So yeah that was unbalanced as *** and SE eventually nerfed RNG into oblivion, which was really *** up. Hopefully they don't destroy BST but they do need to do something because right now there is nothing that can compare with

BST
BST
BST
BST
COR
GEO

Don't even need a tank cause no healer and nobody else is really doing anything except the pets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 14:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue needs a nerf too I saw a blue did 19k tenebral something and I did a measly 10k fireball on acuexs I was so embarrassed. scholar needs a nerf too black Mage too

Talk here

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47296/jobs-that-need-nerf/#2961254
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-05 14:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said:
What kind of negative Store TP values are you using to not build TP in under 10 seconds when you have capped haste and accuracy? Even if a Razor Fang outperforms the damage on say, a Tachi: Fudo, it doesn't SC for ***. Considering the fact that you can directly buff a melee in more ways than pets (GEO and COR are everybody's best friend), BST really needs pets like Randy and 10 second Ready timers to remain competitive. Just because some of the BSTs in the communities are shitting on your damage doesn't mean the job itself is especially broken. It's really at the right level; jobs like DRK and WAR are the ones needing support.

The cleaving competition in Escha is pretty annoying though. Also, for a lot of high level content, BST setups will often still include a tank.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-05 15:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue needs a nerf too I saw a blue did 19k tenebral something and I did a measly 10k fireball on acuexs I was so embarrassed. scholar needs a nerf too black Mage too

Talk here

I have to ask: did you gear yourself up for Pet: MAB with that 10k Fireball? Because I don't think just any BLU can throw out that 19k Tenebral without actually having to really work on their sets and traits.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-09-05 19:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to take things away I expect that you give something in return instead of just destroying a job over some senseless QQ. I don't know how many different threads I've read, but half of them aren't even reasonable demands for the nerfs. There are threads that QQ that BST shouldn't even be capable of participating in End Game content. There are threads where people ban their LS from playing the Job to events just because. There are threads that QQ that BST does to much damage on content that anyone can do naked anyway. And there are countless lies and lack of relevant context to the countless testimonies people want to give about the job that is based on outlier data. The only real argument I can agree with is that Bad Bst should die just as often as all the other baddies that are QQing about it. And when it comes to relevant content I see it everyday. The game still functions for BST like it does everyone else. GOOD players carry BAD players.

I am not here trying to tell you there aren't meaningful changes that could be made to BST in the light of balance, but I am not interested in giving people an inch when what they really want is the whole 9 yards because reasons. When they could careless about what the job really does and the way to make it work properly within their nerfthisnow tantrums. How about instead of us forcing us to do something, how about you fix the reasons why we don't. Hell some of these fixes could very well help out every other job as well. The game has never been played in the manner it was designed so slapping BST with that *** with the very last meaningful update coming is just pathetic.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-06 00:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said:
What kind of negative Store TP values are you using to not build TP in under 10 seconds when you have capped haste and accuracy? Even if a Razor Fang outperforms the damage on say, a Tachi: Fudo, it doesn't SC for ***. Considering the fact that you can directly buff a melee in more ways than pets (GEO and COR are everybody's best friend), BST really needs pets like Randy and 10 second Ready timers to remain competitive. Just because some of the BSTs in the communities are shitting on your damage doesn't mean the job itself is especially broken. It's really at the right level; jobs like DRK and WAR are the ones needing support.

The cleaving competition in Escha is pretty annoying though. Also, for a lot of high level content, BST setups will often still include a tank.

Yeah your screwing with people.

I can't believe your trying to say that SAM or DRK can do more damage then BST.... they aren't even close.

Did you completely ignore the 4.0 Ratio cap vs 2.25 and the fact that pets have ~5000HP? No amount of buffs on a melee will put their ratio over 2.25, and even WAR is limited to 2200~2300HP.

And it's 5~6 seconds for 15K (gimp) ~25K (pimp) not 10 seconds. No other job comes close to that, even Savage Blade spamming WAR. Did I mention those pets all are Warriors with Fencer traits, CAB and considered one handers? And the BST gear gives +TP Bonus?

So yeah, you got a 5000HP pet Warrior that has a higher damage cap, hits harder and is completely replaceable. You got to be all kinds of ignorant to not see how broke that is. It needs adjusted downward and no amount of lying and obfuscating will change that.\

You guys really do sound like per-Nerf RNG, using the exact same arguments. They would complain how they were glass cannons cause they couldn't help but to do so much damage.

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said:
If you want to take things away I expect that you give something in return instead of just destroying a job over some senseless QQ.

No, you don't buff a job that's already broke to keep it even more broke. Five yalm limit to BST pet commands, reduction in stored charges to 3 and a 40~45s timer. The job keeps the broken pet stats and damage, but can't just run roughshod over every other DPS while watching a movie and off handing a low level axe. Instead the BST will either have to actually wear DPS gear and you know, engage and fight the monster, or wear -DT and stand near it like a GEO does.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-06 00:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

Talk here

I have to ask: did you gear yourself up for Pet: MAB with that 10k Fireball? Because I don't think just any BLU can throw out that 19k Tenebral without actually having to really work on their sets and traits.

They can't. The BLU is using Burst Affinity which is on a two minute timer. Tenebral will do about 11~12K with high end MAB gear vs a target neutral to dark damage.

BLU is the king of AoE cleaving by far because they have several other spells they can chain off that. Tenebral, Entomb, Spectral and Blinding are all good for spike damage. Subduction is cheap as hell and can be used to finish the group off or to slow them down while you run away case you screwed something up.

But this is about high end NM fights, the kind we fight to get gear. Hordes of regular mobs don't drop iLevel 119 gear or upgrade materials for it. BST's pointing at BLU's is just an attempt at deflection. They know how completely broke it is right now and they want to keep it that way so they are downplaying the effects with the hopes people don't complain about it as much to SE. Thankfully it seems SE has already noticed it and is working on some form of fix.

To be honest, I like the pets being bad ***. I have zero problems with Blackbeard doing 25K TP moves. What I have a problem with is BST's abusing the system to spam 5~6 of those 25K TP moves in a very short period of time while safely camping out in the back and off handing a low level axe. It's all reward and zero risk which is a recipe for abuse.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-09-06 02:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I'm more disappointed in is the lack of cooperation in BST groups. They could do content so much faster if their coordinate their ready skills to set up SCs of their own and having other pets like SMNs magic bursting.

Though despite all of this I'm rather ignorant on the job and probably shouldn't be commenting since in reality, it does not affect me enough, just a mild inconvenience in having to go another viable camp.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-09-06 02:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing about bst i would change is bring back charm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2015-09-06 03:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said:
If you want to take things away I expect that you give something in return instead of just destroying a job over some senseless QQ.

No, you don't buff a job that's already broke to keep it even more broke. Five yalm limit to BST pet commands, reduction in stored charges to 3 and a 40~45s timer. The job keeps the broken pet stats and damage, but can't just run roughshod over every other DPS while watching a movie and off handing a low level axe. Instead the BST will either have to actually wear DPS gear and you know, engage and fight the monster, or wear -DT and stand near it like a GEO does.

Pet classes have to pick between gearing themselves and gearing their pets in any MEANINGFUL content. Your changes ignore that fact. So yes you nerf ***you are going to have to fix other ***to make sure it doesn't destroy the class. Destroying a solo class as the game is coming to an end will just make the game decline faster.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-06 03:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel, you still don't seem to realize that Ready already stores 3 charges at max. I'm guessing you haven't actually been witness to a BST strategy in high-end content.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-09-06 06:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Stating that these minimally geared BSTs do amazing dmg is laughable.

Take BST x 4, COR, GEO set up. The minimally geared BST will be LEECHING OFF the well geared BSTs as their ready moves will be half of a well geared BST and it will MISS on 130+ content. You can't get over 1200 pet accuracy without gear, rolls and a GEO in this situation HAS to CHOOSE between GEO-Torpor or GEO-FRAILTY. I guess ALL GEOs in Saevel's math breakdowns are born with an Idris....

Above set up can't be used for ALL 130+ content anyway, no safety net of a Tank and Whm. Only time when it CAN be abused is when all 4 BSTs Familair, Unleash AND Wild Run. COR Wild Card and GEO BoG and Bolster their chosen 1 GEO-Spell. This is limited to 1hr and not much different to other jobs using all their JA's in their arsenal.

Saevel is on Asura - If you ain't a 'one of the best BST on the server' already (like someone else - who funnily enough wants a BST nerf) I'd happily invite your gimp....I mean minimalistically geared BST to events and see your pet miss and whiff and prolong the event time.

Jobs that are never taken to events such as DRG, WAR AND DRK need tuning, but SE has had how long to tune them? Their WS need looking into too, Scyth is really crap. I do more on Vorpal Blade and Savage Blade when I'm messing around on DRK than with a GS or Scythe.

I want to mention - the player base is SHRINKING. Yes it is getting tiny! BST set ups are born out of necessity! All the current 'decent' jobs can out damage BST but they need SUPPORT. BUT with a dying population there's less people who want to play support and healers. Everyone wants to play a DD job - RDM and WHM wanna DD too! Nothing stopping a party with 1 DD and 5 support jobs! SAM, WHM, BRD, BRD, COR , GEO go go go!

Shouting for right support and healing jobs has now become so so tedious makes this game tedious. If I can hop onto BST and party up with like minded players who are also BST, I will.

Lastly BST need a buff! Pondering Peter's Wild Carrot should not only heal itself, it should heal other pets, the whole of fooking vanaspiel AND Eorzea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-06 08:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
Stating that these minimally geared BSTs do amazing dmg is laughable.

Take BST x 4, COR, GEO set up. The minimally geared BST will be LEECHING OFF the well geared BSTs as their ready moves will be half of a well geared BST and it will MISS on 130+ content. You can't get over 1200 pet accuracy without gear, rolls and a GEO in this situation HAS to CHOOSE between GEO-Torpor or GEO-FRAILTY. I guess ALL GEOs in Saevel's math breakdowns are born with an Idris....

Above set up can't be used for ALL 130+ content anyway, no safety net of a Tank and Whm. Only time when it CAN be abused is when all 4 BSTs Familair, Unleash AND Wild Run. COR Wild Card and GEO BoG and Bolster their chosen 1 GEO-Spell. This is limited to 1hr and not much different to other jobs using all their JA's in their arsenal.

Saevel is on Asura - If you ain't a 'one of the best BST on the server' already (like someone else - who funnily enough wants a BST nerf) I'd happily invite your gimp....I mean minimalistically geared BST to events and see your pet miss and whiff and prolong the event time.

Jobs that are never taken to events such as DRG, WAR AND DRK need tuning, but SE has had how long to tune them? Their WS need looking into too, Scyth is really crap. I do more on Vorpal Blade and Savage Blade when I'm messing around on DRK than with a GS or Scythe.

I want to mention - the player base is SHRINKING. Yes it is getting tiny! BST set ups are born out of necessity! All the current 'decent' jobs can out damage BST but they need SUPPORT. BUT with a dying population there's less people who want to play support and healers. Everyone wants to play a DD job - RDM and WHM wanna DD too! Nothing stopping a party with 1 DD and 5 support jobs! SAM, WHM, BRD, BRD, COR , GEO go go go!

Shouting for right support and healing jobs has now become so so tedious makes this game tedious. If I can hop onto BST and party up with like minded players who are also BST, I will.

Lastly BST need a buff! Pondering Peter's Wild Carrot should not only heal itself, it should heal other pets, the whole of fooking vanaspiel AND Eorzea.

This is exactly what I wanted to say. Thanks. Beastmaster has breathe life into this game for a long of people. Nerfing does the game population nothing.

Yesterday I was in a sinister party with 3 bstmasters 1 white 1 cor and a paladin. GrAnted we have no geos but I was doing 4 to 7k razor fang when I unleashed it bumps it up to 8-10k. The other two was not as geared as me and doing 3-5k. Where the heck is savael getting gimp bst doing 15k? I must be a super gimp then.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-09-06 09:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A geo + a mostly naked bst > best geared bst in the game with no geo.
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-09-06 09:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant believe that people are actually advocating that there is nothing wrong with this Job. Talk about drinking the kool-aid. Right now on Phoenix there are 1052 people on of those 192 are BST the next highest is THF with 90. Ya its totally balanced and not the flavor of easy GTFO with that rational.

When you constantly advocate that its a soloers job why the *** are you playing a MMORPG? Honestly because of stupid *** jobs like that that got that mantra we got Trusts which did more to kill this game than anything else every could have. The job is broken needs to be balanced. BLU is just as bad but it would be easier to fix that job increase the cost of the spells. BST needs lots of work.

Someone said dont take away without adding. Ok fine get rid of the summon bst timer. Drink a jug whenever you effing want too. Make BST pets have buffs that affect other pets and only other pets. Move the master into range of danger to increase potency of moves. There are lots of things they can do to fix the job without ruining it totally. Make charm a thing again. Allow BST to Charm NMs or at the very least the babies of NM's.

This is as bad as the THF rudra days. When you have a bunch of I just leveled this cause RUDRA boom win players. There were plenty of longtime THF players that were very upset at being the flavor of the month because you can tell who knows how to play the job and who doesn't. The Flocks of BST for the most part are unskilled players that only see one path. Maybe some of you are right maybe they need to make the job more complicated to balance it out to get more out of it. The way it is now is just garbage and I am sure that longtime BSTs probably think the same thing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-06 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keido said: »
Allow BST to Charm NMs or at the very least the babies of NM's.

;x
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 201 202 203