First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 201 202 203
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-04 20:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Why does everyone think this is bst's first time shinning? This isn't the first time bst has been the bandwagon.

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-04 21:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Why does everyone think this is bst's first time shinning? This isn't the first time bst has been the bandwagon.

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Not in this manner where they are wanted to fill all the DD roles in a party or event with a tank, no.
Well yeah back before when they were shinning before you didn't take them to do party stuff because they didn't need parties. Time I remember was back in abyssea era. Jug pets were basically invincible with the right atmas, and then there was that whole thing about them solo farming currency before the yuly/falcor nerf.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-04 21:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Not in this manner where they are wanted to fill all the DD roles in a party or event with a tank, no.
Well yeah back before when they were shinning before you didn't take them to do party stuff because they didn't need parties. Time I remember was back in abyssea era. Jug pets were basically invincible with the right atmas, and then there was that whole thing about them solo farming currency before the yuly/falcor nerf.

I wouldn't say they were bandwagoned back then, I mean, they didn't do anything other jobs couldn't do. Quite a few jobs with the right atmas were strong in Abyssea, BST was simply easier on gear and effort to go about it.

Same with Dynamis really, even pre-nerf, I wanna say BLU and THF were the 'best' for farming Dynamis, but BST was just an easier alternative that could be adequate. I could be wrong about this one though, I honestly don't remember.

BST of today is ridiculous though, and for pretty much the first time ever, BST is in a strong position.

(One small exception actually, BST was the first job able to solo Vrtra, but that was just some niche thing.)

Bandwagon isn't when bads jump on a job for convenience. It's when bads and capable players jump on a job for it's ridiculous strength, so like what you're seeing with today's BST.
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-04 22:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it was a bandwagon. People who absolutely hated the job were leveling it for the convenience of being able to do things solo.
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-09-04 23:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It is absolutely stupid its not even really a job its a jug pet. They are ridiculously overpowered. BST today don't even engage they just stand back hit two buttons do two gear swaps and win. Its as bad as THF was pre rudra nerf with all the players in eminent gear. BST was fun when you charmed things and fought beside them that is not what we have currently.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-09-04 23:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keido said: »
do two gear swaps and win.

No.
I'd light the Sath signal, but he wouldn't even have to do any gear swaps to win that arguement. You do realise in harder content that pets still die, right? You also realise that BST pets aren't like SMN avatars that can be brought out infinite times (Having MP of course) They can't even call out a ghetto super weak pet while timers are down like PUP.
So while yes, it's a partly cheesy way around some wins, it's also a way to dodge the **** you, OHKO* mechanics of some of the mobs now. But saying throw 6 random BSTs on a mob for victory is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-09-04 23:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Same with Dynamis really, even pre-nerf, I wanna say BLU and THF were the 'best' for farming Dynamis, but BST was just an easier alternative that could be adequate. I could be wrong about this one though, I honestly don't remember.

BLU had the highest ceiling (THF a close second). BST had the highest floor. DipperYuly made it reeeeal easy to farm coins.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-05 03:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for the "BST's have to pay for their pets so they deserve to be the best" arguments to arrive. It's just the same stuff pre-nerf RNG used to say, and this is on the order of magnitude pre-nerf RNG was.

The issue with BST's is three fold.

Firstly their Offense / Defense ratio is stupidly unbalanced. They can do 20~25K razor fangs every five seconds six times consecutively due to charges on ready timer. They do this while taking 0 damage, in essence they have permanent PLD and RUN SP abilities up whenever they have a pet out. A PLD/RUN doing 20K weapons skills would be more balanced then this.

Secondly, due to pets being considered monsters, they have monster attack formula. Meaning instead of a regular players 2.25 attack ratio cap they have the monsters 4.0 attack ratio cap. This makes their total damage ceiling nearly double that of a player. Also the best pets have attack bonus percentages, tiger is something like 60%. So any attack you add to the pet gets itself multiplied even higher. The result of this is that Beasts Roll + Geo-Fraility makes reaching over 3.0 pretty easy.

Finally, pets are completely replaceable, don't suffer five minute weakness timers, don't need to be rebuffed, have over 80% -DT cap and most importantly have over 5000 HP. This makes them infinitely better then any melee job for survivability.

So... BST has better survivability, better total damage and needs two less support slots (no need for Tank or Healer). Multiple BST's can just rotate throwing pets at stuff while keeping their COR buffs safe from dispel and their GEO debuffs being unresistable.

No matter how you look at it, that's crazy OP. Beyond Koga SAM, beyond prenerf RNG, beyond Voidwatch Rag WAR/DRK, beyond Delve 1.0 MNK. We're entering a realm of OPness that usually spells disaster for game design.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2015-09-05 07:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

I wouldn't say they were bandwagoned back then, I mean, they didn't do anything other jobs couldn't do. Quite a few jobs with the right atmas were strong in Abyssea, BST was simply easier on gear and effort to go about it.

BST of today is ridiculous though, and for pretty much the first time ever, BST is in a strong position.

(One small exception actually, BST was the first job able to solo Vrtra, but that was just some niche thing.)

Bandwagon isn't when bads jump on a job for convenience. It's when bads and capable players jump on a job for it's ridiculous strength, so like what you're seeing with today's BST.

If I recall there was no cap on pet -DT when abyssea first came out. Pretty sure that with certain atmas and gear they were invincible to most mobs. I could be misremembering also, that was ages ago
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 07:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Oh I didn't know you still play to know beast master is over powered. Or did someone told u there?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-05 08:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

There was a first time?

Before now, I mean.

Oh I didn't know you still play to know beast master is over powered. Or did someone told u there?

It's a mystery.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-05 08:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really want a challenge on the BST nerf debate, go over and argue the fact on the OF, there's 2 or 3 pro-BST shouting everyone down atm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-05 08:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

BST was fun when you charmed things and fought beside them that is not what we have currently.

It was more fun, but it was also so much more weaker. BST back then was just awful at everything in comparison to other jobs.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 09:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
If you really want a challenge on the BST nerf debate, go over and argue the fact on the OF, there's 2 or 3 pro-BST shouting everyone down atm.

There's lots of pro beast master here as well. I don't understand why people need to be jealous of beast masters. Beast master has allowed soloers and duoers the chance to accomplish things when they don't have the necessary 4-6 man group to do certain things. Easily accessible and easily accepted to parties.

Of coz game is in easy mode when you have 5 other friends as good as you are. But when you don't, u need to count on urself. Having a nice Sam or dancer doesn't mean anything when you can't find a group or look for a group. Beast master has allowed me to easily solo things and fill shouts groups. I know people might get lazy or things but that's their 12.95 and they can play it anyway they like.

The world of ffxi has opened up more for me with this beast master job and I even managed to start a linkshell. I'm not filling up the shell with elite players. Im filling it up with soloers duoers wanderers. It's a positive trickle down effect. I started to do shouts and make a linkshell because I feel it's easier to find people that plays beast master and start a shout for beastmasters and support.

In the end how is this a bad thing? People quitting cause beastmasters is overpowered? Come on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-05 09:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end how is this a bad thing? People quitting cause beastmasters is overpowered? Come on.

It happened at the very end of the game's life, so I don't believe it to be a bad thing, heh.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-05 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing BST truly excels at is cleaving. Ready timers make them slower to WS than a melee with capped accuracy/haste. This is without even getting into the fact that pets have poorer SC options. There was also a dev post about how they intend to reduce the range on Ready in an effort to make the BSTs either melee or otherwise be close enough that they may need to protect themselves.

Also worth noting that the most defensive pets aren't comparable to the most offensive pets. There is a limit to how quickly they can be healed and get status removal. The BSTs who are succeeding in all content are doing so because they're highly experienced and well geared, something that any player on any job needs to do to win.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 09:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It happened at the very end of the game's life, so I don't believe it to be a bad thing, heh.

Dedicated People like myself will be playing this for a long time. If you wish to talk about this start a new topic. We are both being off topic. I will apologize for that.
 Phoenix.Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-09-05 09:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
No.
I'd light the Sath signal, but he wouldn't even have to do any gear swaps to win that arguement. You do realise in harder content that pets still die, right? You also realise that BST pets aren't like SMN avatars that can be brought out infinite times (Having MP of course) They can't even call out a ghetto super weak pet while timers are down like PUP.
So while yes, it's a partly cheesy way around some wins, it's also a way to dodge the **** you, OHKO* mechanics of some of the mobs now. But saying throw 6 random BSTs on a mob for victory is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

LOL. This is what your going with OK. I have BST at 99 I know what it needs to win fights. Its incredibly un-fun because its so crazy stupid overpowered because of Jug Pets. 6 BST can pretty much kill anything in the game without the planning support or investment that other jobs have need. I am not speaking from a I think standpoint I am speaking from a I know standpoint. BST can drink a jug and poof there is a Monster its not a Pet because if SE were not a bunch of lazy a-holes they would tone down Jug Monsters and make them Jug Pets.

It was more fun, but it was also so much more weaker. BST back then was just awful at everything in comparison to other jobs.

Sure but it was involved you actually had to play the job. You had to now what you could and could not handle. Not summon have a stack of biscuits a pet with 5-6k HP. Career BST still engage and that is cool whats not cool is a summon jug pet roll out a victory. I would argue that it was not awful a skilled player that did his or her research was could hold their own in a party just fine.

People will not quit because of BST. People are also not jealous of BST. I think what people are tired of is ***BST. When you look at the career BST player compared to the over populated I leveled this so I can win BST we have all over the place that's where you find your annoyance. You are also out of your mind if you dont think that job needs a serious balancing. I hope and pray that the rumors I was told of BST needing to be within 5 Yalms to use any abilities is true. That is when you will see the separation of players that know how to play the job and the ***we have now. It was the same with THF and BLU. My God there were a ton of ***THF and BLU. Thf was correctly fixed with the changes to Rudra but you know what? Those that are knowledgeable in how to play the job are still awesome at it and still hitting huge spike damage. BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY. BLU balanced out because it forces you to be knowledgeable to play it properly where BST does not. I hope that 5 yalm thing is true!
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 10:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
No.

LOL. This is what your going with OK. I have BST at 99 I know what it needs to win fights. Its incredibly un-fun because its so crazy stupid overpowered because of Jug Pets. 6 BST can pretty much kill anything in the game without the planning support or investment that other jobs have need. I am not speaking from a I think standpoint I am speaking from a I know standpoint. BST can drink a jug and poof there is a Monster its not a Pet because if SE were not a bunch of lazy a-holes they would tone down Jug Monsters and make them Jug Pets.

Sure but it was involved you actually had to play the job. You had to now what you could and could not handle. Not summon have a stack of biscuits a pet with 5-6k HP. Career BST still engage and that is cool whats not cool is a summon jug pet roll out a victory. I would argue that it was not awful a skilled player that did his or her research was could hold their own in a party just fine.

People will not quit because of BST. People are also not jealous of BST. I think what people are tired of is ***BST. When you look at the career BST player compared to the over populated I leveled this so I can win BST we have all over the place that's where you find your annoyance. You are also out of your mind if you dont think that job needs a serious balancing. I hope and pray that the rumors I was told of BST needing to be within 5 Yalms to use any abilities is true. That is when you will see the separation of players that know how to play the job and the ***we have now. It was the same with THF and BLU. My God there were a ton of ***THF and BLU. Thf was correctly fixed with the changes to Rudra but you know what? Those that are knowledgeable in how to play the job are still awesome at it and still hitting huge spike damage. BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY. BLU balanced out because it forces you to be knowledgeable to play it properly where BST does not. I hope that 5 yalm thing is true!

So you basically want the 5 yalm nerf to be true so you can weed out the good players from the bad? What does that accomplish for you or other people that wants that? If bstmasters can't get it done I'll just hope back on dancer/bard/white Mage/Sam/red Mage/ or start gearing up blue Mage. Weeding out the bad players does nothing for you and the good players that plays bstmasters will just find another way to get things done.
By Draylo 2015-09-05 10:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Not really a challenge, they just attack anyone with any negative opinion or thing to say about BST. Someone else went in there and made an observation that the community dislikes BST atm and they swarmed her and attacked, even though she didn't mention anything about nerfing at all lol, just an observation.
 Phoenix.Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-09-05 10:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So you basically want the 5 yalm nerf to be true so you can weed out the good players from the bad? What does that accomplish for you or other people that wants that? If bstmasters can't get it done I'll just hope back on dancer/bard/white Mage/Sam/red Mage/ or start gearing up blue Mage. Weeding out the bad players does nothing for you and the good players that plays bstmasters will just find another way to get things done.

What exactly do the no talent *** clown BST community do for me now? But no not exactly I want it to be true so if people really want to be dedicated to the job they advance it and play it to its full abilities not just drink Jug Monster stand back and win. C'mon you know its only popular because of the reasons several people have said. I also stated I have absolutely no problems with the career BST's that actually go out there engage fight next to the Monster which is how its intended to be played.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 10:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly do the no talent *** clown BST community do for me now? But no not exactly I want it to be true so if people really want to be dedicated to the job they advance it and play it to its full abilities not just drink Jug Monster stand back and win. C'mon you know its only popular because of the reasons several people have said. I also stated I have absolutely no problems with the career BST's that actually go out there engage fight next to the Monster which is how its intended to be played.

Are u ok with me who spend a whole month gearing and farming 1200 Jps or am I a bandwagon as well?
 Phoenix.Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-09-05 10:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Are u ok with me who spend a whole month gearing and farming 1200 Jps or am I a bandwagon as well?

I don't know are you? If next update you had to be within 5 yalms of your Monster and the stats on them were reduced would you stop playing it? If so then yes you were a bandwagon BST.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-05 10:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know are you? If next update you had to be within 5 yalms of your Monster and the stats on them were reduced would you stop playing it? If so then yes you were a bandwagon BST.

If it becomes so bad where I will be constantly dying and impossible to play the job then yea I will stop playing it. Otherwise I'm not going to let 1200 Jp and 50 million plus of gears go to waste .
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-09-05 10:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone has the right to talk about about other jobs however they want. There are some great posts in here discussing the differences of jobs from the past and now. As an old school player returning this year I really appreciate those kinds of posts as they provide great information for someone like me to get back into the game. But in all honesty im so surprised to see how much the game has changed, especially on how many more crybabies we have in the game now.

I'm really getting tired of these whiny cry baby players who complain about other jobs being op and then try to brag about how it doesnt affect them because they are the GOAT (y'all know who you are). Just doesnt make sense in my mind if you are that good why do other jobs success bother you??? Ive never heard of any good players bitching about someone doing something better than them.. In all honesty (and please take this personally), either get better or stfu. Gear, gil spent, hours played arguments only tells us so much of a player you are, not how good your job is. The best players almost never whine/complain, and find ways to get it done without hurting the pride of others who worked just as hard to get the same accomplishments. Putting other jobs down to make your accomplishment look better really only makes your arguments look weak (imho).

That being all said. Can we please keep this thread to News discussion and keep this cry baby ***out?
[+]
By TheRealGoat 2015-09-05 11:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wondolio said: »
Everyone has the right to talk about about other jobs however they want. There are some great posts in here discussing the differences of jobs from the past and now. As an old school player returning this year I really appreciate those kinds of posts as they provide great information for someone like me to get back into the game. But in all honesty im so surprised to see how much the game has changed, especially on how many more crybabies we have in the game now.

I'm really getting tired of these whiny cry baby players who complain about other jobs being op and then try to brag about how it doesnt affect them because they are the GOAT (y'all know who you are). Just doesnt make sense in my mind if you are that good why do other jobs success bother you??? Ive never heard of any good players bitching about someone doing something better than them.. In all honesty (and please take this personally), either get better or stfu. Gear, gil spent, hours played arguments only tells us so much of a player you are, not how good your job is. The best players almost never whine/complain, and find ways to get it done without hurting the pride of others who worked just as hard to get the same accomplishments. Putting other jobs down to make your accomplishment look better really only makes your arguments look weak (imho).

That being all said. Can we please keep this thread to News discussion and keep this cry baby ***out?
no making fun of GOATS!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-05 11:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wondolio said: »

>Comes in and moans.

>Asks can we keep this to a news discussions thread and cut the moaning out.

You are cancer.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-09-05 11:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

TheRealGoat said: »
no making fun of GOATS!

Oh no! It wont happen again I promise!!
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 201 202 203