First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 10:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When I had to curebomb people I would use IV and V alternating them for sake of the recast timer.

Sometimes toss a curaga III for the "yellowga" melees then a cure IV on the person who was in worse shape.

One recipe to fail is toss big tier cures needlessly. Waste of MP is a crime and I am sure we all agree on that. ;)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-12 10:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The main WHM for the Incursion 136 shouts on Bahamut is a JP afterglow Yagrush WHM - that doesn't change gears ever.

Yet they still clear their stuff where no NA guy has gone before on our backwater server.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 10:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Everyone is free to keep playing their game like if it's a job.
My point was just reinforce what was said about mindsets.

Now, if the overall power all the players bring to the fight is a tight fit or below what is needed, stuff like missed stuns become a big issue with high odds of failure. If on the other side all the players are very powerful a not so great support crew would be enough to keep everyone alive.

You come to a game like FFXI with a "optimize everything" mindset you're bound to become a sour grape player and have lots of annoying moments in your career in the game.

SE is trying to drop that mentality from their game designs. Get ready to be disappointed.

Number's don't lie. If I can cure faster, Cure for more, Never run out of mp and never need to hound the bards/rdm for refresh I am gonna do it. Why? Because it's a Video game about getting gear and becoming a better player overall. If SE decides to dumb it down then peace out.

When I had to curebomb people I would use IV and V alternating them for sake of the recast timer.

Sometimes toss a curaga III for the "yellowga" melees then a cure IV on the person who was in worse shape.

One recipe to fail is toss big tier cures needlessly. Waste of MP is a crime and I am sure we all agree on that. ;)

or accession + Cure 4... Free cure + stoneskinaga...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2015-01-12 11:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Warning sign your WHM is bad:

-No gear swaps.
-Using Cure VI
-Complaining about MP loss
-Needs to rest
I agree with all you say except one thing, MP. Even the most conservative WHM can run out of MP if the bard or RDM isn't doing their job. I will go ahead and agree that most of the time MP is not an issue, but sometimes the fight go less smoothly for various reasons and MP go down the drain.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 11:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Number's don't lie. If I can cure faster, Cure for more, Never run out of mp and never need to hound the bards/rdm for refresh I am gonna do it. Why? Because it's a Video game about getting gear and becoming a better player overall. If SE decides to dumb it down then peace out.

or accession + Cure 4... Free cure + stoneskinaga...

Why all that stress with numbers ? I just said I could keep everyone alive on delve with my setup without using /sch (which I do have but I dislike) without windower, without swapping gear out and being overwhelmed curing to a extent I was too busy casting cures to be able to toss "cleaning spells" (if I were to stop the cures to cast paralyna or erase the person would die while I was casting the spell) and I never ran out of MP.

Like it was said before the stoneskin shield is not really that important on such powerful enemies.

But whatever. SE is changing the game and me trying new stuff was just an acknowledgment of that. Now I am no longer playing and this is just a forum argument, not me trying to tell you how you should play your game.

The game is changing, they are trying to "dwarf" the effect of "uber players" using helper 3rd party tools by making the "peasants" more powerful. That was part of my point with these posts.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 11:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

But whatever. SE is changing the game and me trying new stuff was just an acknowledgment of that. Now I am no longer playing and this is just a forum argument, not me trying to tell you how you should play your game.

I'm telling you that the most efficient way of playing whm will always be /sch and /rdm is a crutch.

The game is changing, they are trying to "dwarf" the effect of "uber players" using helper 3rd party tools by making the "peasants" more powerful. That was part of my point with these posts.

I've played this game for years. Pressing two macro pallets to cast one spell was derpy and lame. I then moved to scripts and loved how easy it was to change a full set of gear in a instant. Then I moved to Spellcast/Gearcollecter and*** in my pants, I then removed those pants. I then learned how to gearswap and it's been amazing since. Call it cheating IDC but don't try to make it a crutch like /rdm.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 11:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
What are the campaigns to get seals for Empy +1 and +2?

I have sylvan, orison and raider sets that all need +2 and they also all need feet.

Login campaigns/ BCNM Campaigns etc..
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 11:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play anymore but I would never taint my game with "plugins". If the developers designed it to be played with key presses, it must be key presses how you play it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-12 11:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

3P apps have never been more helpful for mage jobs than they are right now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 11:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We can use 3rd party tools if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't use lua and if they don't use 3rd party tools
Well, they're no friends of mine
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-12 11:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play anymore but I would never taint my game with "plugins". If the developers designed it to be played with key presses, it must be key presses how you play it.
It's your choice to be bad but don't complain when you get called a baddie as a result.

If anything, be quiet about being bad, you won't be made fun of if you're not loud about being bad.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-12 11:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

whm/rdm....

see that's the stuff that grinds meh gears...

And what grinds it even more?

People that advocate it. I've WHM'ed almost every fight in the game and noticed I never had MP issues what so ever on /sch. Every whm I see /rdm plays slow, cure bombs 4,5, and cures horrible amounts of hp. It's like a warning sign if your whm is /rdm.

Aka: If you need to convert on whm... your kinda derpy. Prolly Doing Delve1 and AA/DM and gets murdered in Incursion.

Also... buy vile elixers,+1. So cheap and makes things a ton easier.

Now, if the overall power all the players bring to the fight is a tight fit or below what is needed, stuff like missed stuns become a big issue with high odds of failure. If on the other side all the players are very powerful a not so great support crew would be enough to keep everyone alive.

You come to a game like FFXI with a "optimize everything" mindset you're bound to become a sour grape player and have lots of annoying moments in your career in the game.

SE is trying to drop that mentality from their game designs. Get ready to be disappointed.

Personally, if something is worth doing (even a game) it's worth doing properly, otherwise why bother.

This applies to gearsets/macros/playstyle. Now while I agree that you dont need to be perfect, you should always strive to not suck.

If you are ok with mediocre, that's fine, just stay away from my shouts because that's not how I choose to play my game~

And FYI if you don't gearswap, that's a fine reason for me to exclude you from groups.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 12:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
it's not that you don't use 3rd party tools.. it's just.. your face, i can't stand looking at it :|

What face ? lol

It's just Magical Drop
By Pantafernando 2015-01-12 12:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not that you don't use 3rd party tools.. it's just.. your face, i can't stand looking at it :|

What face ? lol

It's just Magical Drop

Yeah, im already sick of that ugly face.

Bring back Mariane.

We want her.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-12 12:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play anymore.

But you played last week...
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 12:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

the middle one has 4 mouths?? ???

Three eyes.

The wizard (the character I am using on my profile) makes that angry face when the duel is against the Baby ("The fool"). Each character is modeled after a Tarot card.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-12 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
whm/rdm....

see that's the stuff that grinds meh gears...

And what grinds it even more?

People that advocate it. I've WHM'ed almost every fight in the game and noticed I never had MP issues what so ever on /sch. Every whm I see /rdm plays slow, cure bombs 4,5, and cures horrible amounts of hp. It's like a warning sign if your whm is /rdm.

Aka: If you need to convert on whm... your kinda derpy. Prolly Doing Delve1 and AA/DM and gets murdered in Incursion.

Also... buy vile elixers,+1. So cheap and makes things a ton easier.

Personally, if something is worth doing (even a game) it's worth doing properly, otherwise why bother.

This applies to gearsets/macros/playstyle. Now while I agree that you dont need to be perfect, you should always strive to not suck.

If you are ok with mediocre, that's fine, just stay away from my shouts because that's not how I choose to play my game~

And FYI if you don't gearswap, that's a fine reason for me to exclude you from groups.
What if he clears the game as WHM/MNK?

Same argument as to why gaijins are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE compared to JPs/people affiliated to the JP mentality.
In every single game ever, there are two kinds of people: the one that accomplish things and the ones that don't.

Do you clear any content as WHM/PUP while wearing your full AF1 and actually contributing enough to justify you doing what you're doing? Yes? That's good, keep it up.

It's as simple as that. If the guy is bad but doesn't want to change his habits based on the fact that he can clear the game while being bad, why would you get so butthurt about it? Let the guy be bad and clear his content, if he can't clear it then that's another issue.

Also, I wouldn't go the "if you do something, do it properly" way, it only asks for people to come over and place a "told" status on most people here.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-12 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If nonconformity wasn't so strongly correlated with shitty performance you might have a point.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 12:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
If nonconformity wasn't so strongly correlated with shitty performance you might have a point.

Now this aligns with the "follow the wiki" mentality which was posted a while ago on this thread.

Keep the talk going. This is getting good. (and we're getting out of the derail zone too, which is a plus)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-12 12:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm in particular, with current gear and sub /sch, you can cap cure potency, have a chunk of -enmity and reasonable healing casting-.

Not swapping gear as whm, provided you have a solid hybrid set, isnt the difference between fail and winner whm.

Edit: obviously you will be unable to enfeeb things.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7