New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Racist Jps? Or no honor americans? Everyones info
Racist Jps? Or no honor americans? Everyones info
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Nazrious 2015-01-11 20:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As with NA if you wish to be included, make your own PT.

The JP who are willing to play with NA will respond.

However auto translate is a poor substitute for understanding each other. This will inevitably lead to issues in PUG for any serious content, especially if there are different methods for it.

JP tend to tackle content differently than NA.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-11 20:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

JPs are very conservatives, yeah. I had many arguments with them in HNM over that. It's a typical JP mentality, though, and while it may be frustrating for western people or people not used to it simply, it's still something to be taken into consideration.

They're people who are never pressed by time. They'll miss a Nidhogg if it means killing a KB safely. They'll try many times and will most likely end up succeeding thanks to patience and learning.

Anyone playing FFXIV on JP servers has probably noticed that in PF.

As for auto translate, just learn a few JP words/sentences. It's enough to motivate them to speak English or simply listen to you in general. They're not as anal as people expect them to be.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-11 21:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
... They'll miss a Nidhogg if it means killing a KB safely. They'll try many times and will most likely end up succeeding thanks to patience and learning...

on the flip side of this once a strategy is in place and wide spread they have 0 patience for others learning. One of the big issues with old school players and current stems from the JP tutelage many of us received. Learn everything about the fight that is readily available, stuff you don't know ask, but it better not be common knowledge easy to access stuff.

One of the things that turned many JP away from NA was the fact that JP had knowledge and information that at the time most non JP reading players did not. Sure some stuff got translated but for the most part the community back pre 05 was going off a lot of "Hey I heard from a friend of a JP friend that this is how this is done."

While it was a bit douchey, that was the way it was, today its simply called Elitism, etc.

To the detriment of the community, there are many a times where a simple alt tab or picking up your phone will allow you to find all the info on an event, a lot of NA & some JP now, are too lazy.

My biggest pet peeve is MM on Shark, no excuse to not know this, but some one always manages to F it up in a PUG.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 21:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst petpeeve of mine is people never ever reading the version update notes. Too many people say sh*t like "when did they add that?" or "where are you getting your info?". Just read the *** update notes. I don't know why people wouldn't want to read the update notes, it's always like Christmas morning to me when the patch notes come in and things are .dat mined.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-11 23:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
The worst petpeeve of mine is people never ever reading the version update notes. Too many people say sh*t like "when did they add that?" or "where are you getting your info?". Just read the *** update notes. I don't know why people wouldn't want to read the update notes, it's always like Christmas morning to me when the patch notes come in and things are .dat mined.

Because then they have to type... Seriously, like people are allergic to google, and forums.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-12 00:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd would love to agree to this, but...If you have a look with how many updates we have, there's just too much info to plow through. People log in to play the game, not spend hours reading update notes.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-12 00:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
I'd would love to agree to this, but...If you have a look with how many updates we have, there's just too much info to plow through. People log in to play the game, not spend hours reading update notes.

I will go out on a limb and say he means the big monthly ones.

They are neatly organized and you should at least read the ones on your Job(s) and new content.

All RDM should know about new spells, it concerns me when I get "oh cool rdm has haste 2 now!" From a rdm....

I also read over other note simply to know what has been buffed or nerfed. Knowing more helps you play better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 01:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
To the detriment of the community, there are many a times where a simple alt tab or picking up your phone will allow you to find all the info on an event, a lot of NA & some JP now, are too lazy.

My biggest pet peeve is MM on Shark, no excuse to not know this, but some one always manages to F it up in a PUG.

It kills me when I see people not knowing simple things like dummy songs on brd(Lemme put up sentinel scherzo with my terpaderp) to whm's not having empy+2 body and pants (But it isn't Ilvl -Was told this once).

As for JP's the only time I ever did stuff with them was in meritpo's with me on Brd.
By Nazrious 2015-01-12 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

It kills me when I see people not knowing simple things like dummy songs on brd(Lemme put up sentinel scherzo with my terpaderp) to whm's not having empy+2 body and pants (But it isn't Ilvl -Was told this once).

As for JP's the only time I ever did stuff with them was in meritpo's with me on Brd.

Yeah not knowing about dummy songs is weak, but in the same note hearing the melees telling a brd how they need to use dummy songs is just as annoying.

Sometimes 2 + horn songs and a weak terp song for the sake of speed is called for. Its all about the level of education people are willing to reach, JP seem to take more pride in personal skill and education on their Job and the game in general then NA. NA tend to focus on gear. This in part has to do with cultural differences, more traditional values in Japan. In NA wealth and possession are deemed as an indicator for quality of a human being.

However that said there are many Douchey JP that do have that ultra national/ bordering on racism, pride. Often its younger JP and often its the more closed off "geeks" who substitute real life gains with immaterial in game gains. Not much different than NA in this regard.

Edit: an old school way to get into JP groups was to lvl several Jobs to 75, even if ungeard. This showed you had at least basic knowledge of how Jobs could/ should interact.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 09:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I used LV119 iLVL AF1 on my WHM (I used empy+2 legs for the curaga MP return property though) and it gave me so much refresh (I would cast refresh on myself) that it made WHM/RDM viable on delve fights. (I would not run out of MP)

That was kind of novel as most people would prefer to rely on MP savings of using SCH in WHM mode as support job instead. I had people talk me off from using that but once they saw me using it they would stop talking against it. Hey, it worked.

Anyway, sorry about the derail.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-12 10:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

problem with that kind of thinking is that you can main heal delve on BRD if the rest of the group is good.. making it work on whm with a weird setup definitely isn't very hard
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-12 10:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
problem with that kind of thinking is that you can main heal delve on BRD if the rest of the group is good.. making it work on whm with a weird setup definitely isn't very hard

Not really, whm/rdm is not the same as brd/whm. Whm has tons more curing power and utility than brd/whm, cureskin alone for one. A variation is sub does not always gimp simply because it is not the norm.

In the instance she explained that /rdm allowed her to perform better.

Also brd has ***to do, unless u have 2... and even still.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-12 10:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed my point, saying it worked does not mean it was better.

Refresh spell gives less MP over time than sublimation and light arts, casttime caps easily on whm making fast cast useless, and convert is a crutch that should never be needed(and if so, can be replaced by carrying a 30k med). AF119 isn't exclusive to /rdm, you can use it on any sub. There's literally no upside, the fact that they didn't lose the run doesn't mean much.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 10:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You missed my point, saying it worked does not mean it was better.

Refresh spell gives less MP over time than sublimation and light arts, casttime caps easily on whm making fast cast useless, and convert is a crutch that should never be needed(and if so, can be replaced by carrying a 30k med). AF119 isn't exclusive to /rdm, you can use it on any sub. There's literally no upside, the fact that they didn't lose the run doesn't mean much.

This post sums up the argument of gear vs skill mindset. I didn't expect it to show up so fast. Thanks for bringing it up.

I really had no trouble with MP management nor I had to convert in the middle of the fight (save on pinch when the group was having trouble taking too much damage, but on such cases the run was already doomed from start). I really loathe SCH and having no need to deal with that annoying job was good (for me). It did not affect my performance as bad as you think it would.

Ah, to add up I don't like/use "plugins". (Windower and likely) So yes I play the same way the JPs who don't swap gear do.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nazrious 2015-01-12 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'm surprised to see someone advocating whm/rdm in 2015

Im not, but if it works it works. Sometimes u got to work with what u got, if sch is a better sub use it but don't equate Whm/rdm to Brd/whm thats a bit harsh.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'm surprised to see someone advocating whm/rdm in 2015

I tested stuff like empy armor set +2 and such. I made lots of experiments with the enormous pile of RARE/EX gear I accumulated over the years for WHM. I do agree with you that before iLVL 119 AF/Relic armor sets it was indeed unpractical to use WHM/RDM.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-12 10:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah not knowing about dummy songs is weak, but in the same note hearing the melees telling a brd how they need to use dummy songs is just as annoying.

Sometimes 2 + horn songs and a weak terp song for the sake of speed is called for. Its all about the level of education people are willing to reach, JP seem to take more pride in personal skill and education on their Job and the game in general then NA. NA tend to focus on gear. This in part has to do with cultural differences, more traditional values in Japan. In NA wealth and possession are deemed as an indicator for quality of a human being.

However that said there are many Douchey JP that do have that ultra national/ bordering on racism, pride. Often its younger JP and often its the more closed off "geeks" who substitute real life gains with immaterial in game gains. Not much different than NA in this regard.

Edit: an old school way to get into JP groups was to lvl several Jobs to 75, even if ungeard. This showed you had at least basic knowledge of how Jobs could/ should interact.
Oh the ironies of ironies with regard to the bold.
(On phone, otherwise would crop.)

Empy body isn't the end all be all. Sure it offers a nice boon, but it's not like the pants. (And even those have a legit alternative with those 119 pants now... For those who give a ***about iLv on WHM instead of being effective.)
On endgame content, there is virtually no distinction between using Empy body and not (assuming capped cure potency). Because things hit so hard, cureskin gets dropped on 1~2 hits regardless (not to mention it has such a short duration to begin with).
Of course, that's in regard to C2~4. On 5 and 6 you start to see Empy body's cureskin actually performing better and lasting for more than 1~2 hits.
But if you're curing with C5 and C6 as your main heals... You should probably not be WHM. (They're emergency cures.)

What matters for WHM: capping cure potency, capping cast time, enmity.
Empy pants (or those 119) are the only gear I would say is "required"... But that's just because they give you so much MP retention and WHM is a very MP intensive job, it's stupid NOT to use them.
So long as you have capped casting time and cure potency... It doesn't really matter how you get that.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-12 10:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You lucky people playing with these bards that heal too!

90% of the time: sings(sometimes the wrong songs too)and stands there afk.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 10:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
while i agree that a whm's cure is like no other, my brd can sing and keep you up (most of the time..) too!

if you can't hit what you're trying to kill, then you're probably gonna end up dying :|

also, whm/sch only.. serious. unless you don't have the sub leveled, then in which case: get off whm and go level your sub!

I do. I just LOATHE IT with passion.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-01-12 10:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Our HNMLS had a number of JP members who spoke very little English and were able to attend and complete events. Plus, you get hilarious jokes in Engrish at odd times in the AM and some pretty good camaraderie going. We even had pics of our JP members doing stereotypical poses on the 'post your alter-ego' thread on our site. Good times, good people.

Lakshmi also had some xenophobic JP onrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry fools for EXP parties and basic garbage like BCNMs. No skin off my back, these fools obviously never wanted to seriously PT up and were no different than the NA princesses that ***up the LFG system for years.

JP aren't really any different than NA. They have some minor idiosyncrasies like going to different camps and utilizing different strats for NMs (our JP did RDM/NIN before our NA) but nothing tooo different.

Plus, it wasn't a Nidhogg unless someone made an ill timed Hiroshima joke.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

whm/rdm....

see that's the stuff that grinds meh gears...

And what grinds it even more?

People that advocate it. I've WHM'ed almost every fight in the game and noticed I never had MP issues what so ever on /sch. Every whm I see /rdm plays slow, cure bombs 4,5, and cures horrible amounts of hp. It's like a warning sign if your whm is /rdm.

Aka: If you need to convert on whm... your kinda derpy. Prolly Doing Delve1 and AA/DM and gets murdered in Incursion.

Also... buy vile elixers,+1. So cheap and makes things a ton easier.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-01-12 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Empy body isn't the end all be all. Sure it offers a nice boon, but it's not like the pants. (And even those have a legit alternative with those 119 pants now... For those who give a ***about iLv on WHM instead of being effective.)
On endgame content, there is virtually no distinction between using Empy body and not (assuming capped cure potency). Because things hit so hard, cureskin gets dropped on 1~2 hits regardless (not to mention it has such a short duration to begin with).
Of course, that's in regard to C2~4. On 5 and 6 you start to see Empy body's cureskin actually performing better and lasting for more than 1~2 hits.
But if you're curing with C5 and C6 as your main heals... You should probably not be WHM. (They're emergency cures.)

What matters for WHM: capping cure potency, capping cast time, enmity.

Empy pants (or those 119) are the only gear I would say is "required"... But that's just because they give you so much MP retention and WHM is a very MP intensive job, it's stupid NOT to use them.
So long as you have capped casting time and cure potency... It doesn't really matter how you get that.

Considering this is 2015 and lua exist, campaigns to get Empy+1 seals and Empy +2 stones without even stepping into abyssa and if you had to can prolly solo in sparks gear the items. There is no reason if you consider whm a job to play to not have them.

Edit: Both Body and Pants... Stop being bad...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-01-12 10:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Warning sign your WHM is bad:

-No gear swaps.
-Using Cure VI
-Complaining about MP loss
-Needs to rest

Post deleted by User.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-12 10:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

whm/rdm....

see that's the stuff that grinds meh gears...

And what grinds it even more?

People that advocate it. I've WHM'ed almost every fight in the game and noticed I never had MP issues what so ever on /sch. Every whm I see /rdm plays slow, cure bombs 4,5, and cures horrible amounts of hp. It's like a warning sign if your whm is /rdm.

Aka: If you need to convert on whm... your kinda derpy. Prolly Doing Delve1 and AA/DM and gets murdered in Incursion.

Also... buy vile elixers,+1. So cheap and makes things a ton easier.

Everyone is free to keep playing their game like if it's a job.
My point was just reinforce what was said about mindsets.

Now, if the overall power all the players bring to the fight is a tight fit or below what is needed, stuff like missed stuns become a big issue with high odds of failure. If on the other side all the players are very powerful a not so great support crew would be enough to keep everyone alive.

You come to a game like FFXI with a "optimize everything" mindset you're bound to become a sour grape player and have lots of annoying moments in your career in the game.

SE is trying to drop that mentality from their game designs. Get ready to be disappointed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7