Most Efficient Way To Get A Mythic!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-28 10:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
The grind doesn't reakky bother me. I grinder 1500 hmps on VW when the items are very far from a guaranteed drop lol. It's just crazy because vw is becoming less popular and hence harder to form on my server. And to level my alchemy atm is impossible to gauge due to the short supply of mats.

alchemy is easy to level to 110. Make Killer's Kilij. Easily farm all the ingredients but Adaman Kilij yourself if they are not on AH. As for the Adaman Kilij, which will be the only somewhat difficult ingredient to get involves the following: commissioning a Smither with GS sub and at least 40 WW sub. Aquamarine/Deathstone are usually on AH, but you can easily get Deathstones from your Mog Garden if they are not. Aquamarine is the NQ synth of Leviatites. Grab a stack of Leviatites and offer to give them free to a GSer if you get to keep the NQs. Marid Leather is level 76, with leather sub you can make this easily, will probably have to farm up the imperial tea leaves though by harvesting in bhaflau thickets. Adaman ingots are easy to come by as you get a ton of adaman ore from Mog Garden or just buy off AH. Have the smither you commissioned synth them (or buy the ingots off AH). The last ingredient is Scintillant Ingot. These are somewhat common on AH (at least on my server) due to people doing Einherjar every day. You could also buy up luminium ore which is fairly common due to people killing Morta, or you can go grab some pickaxes and mine them in Halvung, and have that GSer craft them for you.

The easy option is to just make Dija swords. Buy the Yddgreant Roots off AH (or make your own tree delve parties and lot/buy directly). *** Sword is 77. You can make that with smithing sub. Dragon blood is common (or make your own with dragon hearts).
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-28 10:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The acroliths I've been killing for almost one year and they drop cotton very often, definetely more than 4%, with a rare chance at double cotton.

Then you are getting lucky. FFXIDB has it at 4%.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-28 10:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
some people might argue 4 hours is a day of play time

screw the alex/gil part, how do you solo 10k+ a tag in nyzul tokens? or even with 6 people?

i was told start at 96 > 30 minutes, but that costs a lot to enter and i only got 4k~ (dont remember how far we got, maybe floor 10~)

last time i did it from floor 0 i only got 6k from a lucky ~25 floor run, so i must be missing something?
Ive only done better than 8k tokens once, and that was when we got 2 free floors.

I have a mule that pays for the jump to 96, always start at 96.
3 people plus 1 at lamp is ideal number of people imo.
With a blu+dnc+sam we usually wrap around to like floor 15. We only budget 26minutes as the safe window to try another floor. Bringing a blu is really boss for subduction cleaving killall floors.

A realistic expectation is 7kish token if you are all running at 12-18% speed.

So given 7k is our average, we have been spending 3 weeks of tags on nyzul tokens for everyone at least.
Its the one thing that I don't look forward to if I do another mythic. I would kill or give up first born to have copper vouchers buy nyzul tokens.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-28 10:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I forgot about Nyzul Isle and the assaults when I said it was all soloable. When I trio (friend + mule + me) I find that I can do 20 floors pretty reliably. I think the most tokens I've ever gotten in one run was something like 13k.

Can you buy tokens with copper vouchers? I would love to be able to do that, but I don't think you can.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-28 10:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't buy tokens with Coppers qq, that'd be way to awesome.
By lhova 2014-12-28 11:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
The grind doesn't reakky bother me. I grinder 1500 hmps on VW when the items are very far from a guaranteed drop lol. It's just crazy because vw is becoming less popular and hence harder to form on my server. And to level my alchemy atm is impossible to gauge due to the short supply of mats.

alchemy is easy to level to 110. Make Killer's Kilij. Easily farm all the ingredients but Adaman Kilij yourself if they are not on AH. As for the Adaman Kilij, which will be the only somewhat difficult ingredient to get involves the following: commissioning a Smither with GS sub and at least 40 WW sub. Aquamarine/Deathstone are usually on AH, but you can easily get Deathstones from your Mog Garden if they are not. Aquamarine is the NQ synth of Leviatites. Grab a stack of Leviatites and offer to give them free to a GSer if you get to keep the NQs. Marid Leather is level 76, with leather sub you can make this easily, will probably have to farm up the imperial tea leaves though by harvesting in bhaflau thickets. Adaman ingots are easy to come by as you get a ton of adaman ore from Mog Garden or just buy off AH. Have the smither you commissioned synth them (or buy the ingots off AH). The last ingredient is Scintillant Ingot. These are somewhat common on AH (at least on my server) due to people doing Einherjar every day. You could also buy up luminium ore which is fairly common due to people killing Morta, or you can go grab some pickaxes and mine them in Halvung, and have that GSer craft them for you.

The easy option is to just make Dija swords. Buy the Yddgreant Roots off AH (or make your own tree delve parties and lot/buy directly). *** Sword is 77. You can make that with smithing sub. Dragon blood is common (or make your own with dragon hearts).

What's the best way to farm the haarts? Seems like they only drop off NM and my server doesn't have any atm.
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-12-28 12:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The chigoe is a waste of time cause you have to clear a few rooms(other than actually going around checking where he is). The lamia/qutrub is just cause I tend to pull the entire room by mistake and it sucks.

The acroliths I've been killing for almost one year and they drop cotton very often, definetely more than 4%, with a rare chance at double cotton.

I do salvage every day with 2 Char, i've finished a Tizona practicaly without buying alex, I can agree about that the drop rate of cotton is pretty higher than 4% (actualy i generaly finish the salvage always with a couple of cottons if i consider both char) But DOUBLE COTTON?!?!?!? No mate i've never seen in my life and probably you neither...

Talking about the topic:

The best thing you can do for money is farming dyna and VW... Personaly i think that the best VW for money is Akvan's Since you can receive Pennon's or HMP or Hekka's Kalasiris Cels. 2 Pennon's have higher drop rate chance than 2 Rifticinders.

If you love waste your time... farm your own mulcibar's scoria but i think it's a looooooooong loooong farm pretty boring and if you've spent 260M for a Mythic you will sure being able to spend another 20 for yours mulcibars ;)
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-12-28 12:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best way to farm the haarts? Seems like they only drop off NM and my server doesn't have any atm.

Just farm the blood off Nightmare Bats in Ifrit's Cauldron
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-28 13:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gekuz said: »
But DOUBLE COTTON?!?!?!? No mate i've never seen in my life and probably you neither...
Yes I have, specifically from the 3 acroliths only on 4th floor. Why would I need to lie about it?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 13:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gekuz said: »
But DOUBLE COTTON?!?!?!? No mate i've never seen in my life and probably you neither...
Yes I have, specifically from the 3 acroliths only on 4th floor. Why would I need to lie about it?

I can verify this, seen this happen today.

Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-28 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

can confirm 2x cotton from acrolith but that has happened all of once for me lol
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-28 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

a lot of my mythic came from siren's hair... lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-28 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Waxing sirens in exchange for jewels.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-28 13:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

moe like mindnumbing abyssea chest grind wen reforged first came out lol
By fillerbunny9 2014-12-28 13:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

double cotton may have been during one of the Salvage campaigns.

additionally, have they increased the Plans drop rate in Salvage II areas? I have not farmed in while and I seem to be getting 3 per NM.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-28 13:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, not a campaign(which besides is only about plans).
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-28 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Sorry, I forgot about Nyzul Isle and the assaults when I said it was all soloable. When I trio (friend + mule + me) I find that I can do 20 floors pretty reliably. I think the most tokens I've ever gotten in one run was something like 13k.

Can you buy tokens with copper vouchers? I would love to be able to do that, but I don't think you can.

That's why I said, the other day after ein, they need to just make ichor and tokens available for voucher exchange.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-28 14:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you can do like someone else suggested and farm the blood itself, or if you want to get hearts you can spam fafnir/nidhogg. They also drop in Qilin/Aello chest. Low rate in VW though. faf/nid very high drop rate.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-28 22:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Like a good friend told me, if you can get 300 alex per day by any means, basically it's 100 day for a Mythic on the ALex part, and most of the rest can be done in those 100 days if you're diligent about it ;)
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2014-12-28 22:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
additionally, have they increased the Plans drop rate in Salvage II areas? I have not farmed in while and I seem to be getting 3 per NM.

Ya in November update drop rate was doubled.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44943#_ga=1.101385154.278305413.1398283466
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-28 22:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

We hit 14K on a few runs for your 3rd or 4th mythic tokens, 95-20, I can't imagine it could go much higher.
 Odin.Jsmooth
By Odin.Jsmooth 2014-12-28 23:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Most efficient Way to get a Mythic? Commit to making one, and do your requirements everyday. Ein every night, and use tags as you receive them. ( I usually did assaults every 3 tags, just to make sure I didn't lose any ).

Sounds simple, but it's the first step to making one. Commit!
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-29 21:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm pretty commited. Up to 2100 in Alex's and ive been doing win too. 1 tag and assault from captain and I'm figuring to focus oon NI once I redo assaults. Ive even leveled alchemy to 100.7 and smithing to 26 so I can try to supplement my girl with high level crafting. Spammed vw and haven't gotten any great drops but ill keep at it. The sparks thing was a lil confusing though, I don't get how peeps are able to cap sparks so quick ie which roe are they using, etc. I do have a decent pld if that helps.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-29 21:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm pretty commited. Up to 2100 in Alex's and ive been doing win too. 1 tag and assault from captain and I'm figuring to focus oon NI once I redo assaults. Ive even leveled alchemy to 100.7 and smithing to 26 so I can try to supplement my girl with high level crafting. Spammed vw and haven't gotten any great drops but ill keep at it. The sparks thing was a lil confusing though, I don't get how peeps are able to cap sparks so quick ie which roe are they using, etc. I do have a decent pld if that helps.

Find mobs you can deal 500+ damage to in a single melee hit or with a cheap AoE spell, set any other relevant RoE quests, go nuts. BLM can clear that repeatable RoE ridiculously quickly.
By lhova 2015-01-08 17:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

I just thought about something, isn't the sub cap 70 meaning even if I get my smithing to 70 I risk deleveling my alchemy since the craft cap for *** swords is 77?
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 17:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The most efficient way to build a mythic is not spending 8 hrs a day for 30 days farming. Its to spend 3 days working at with any local hauling company that can use an extra demolisher. youll make 300 bucks then you buy 100M. Thats the most efficient by far.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-08 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
The most efficient way to build a mythic is not spending 8 hrs a day for 30 days farming. Its to spend 3 days working at with any local hauling company that can use an extra demolisher. youll make 300 bucks then you buy 100M. Thats the most efficient by far.

Promoting gilbuying is against the games tos.

And this websites I think!
[+]
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

At this point in the game gil buying is kinda like windower.. no one cares.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-08 18:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

At this point in the game gil buying is kinda like windower.. no one cares.

That's your opinion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-08 18:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, let's just advocate someone randomly dialing up some gilseller site so that they can buy gil and therefore buy a mythic they have no idea how to use appropriately! Said individual would have such a sense of accomplishment from making said mythic!

-.-
[+]