Most Efficient Way To Get A Mythic!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-27 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretend you are a female, and then beg on BG.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-27 20:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Exploit a glitch in Salvage reducing anyone else long arduous journey to a meaningless en-devour and get all your alex and assaults done in 3 days.

and then take a 3 day holiday when SE temp bans but lets you keep your mythic, any saved alex etc.

(Yes this still annoys me to this day but I see why SE won't perma ban people......)
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-27 21:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Exploit a glitch in Salvage reducing anyone else long arduous journey to a meaningless en-devour and get all your alex and assaults done in 3 days.

and then take a 3 day holiday when SE temp bans but lets you keep your mythic, any saved alex etc.

(Yes this still annoys me to this day but I see why SE won't perma ban people......)

Seriously?
By lhova 2014-12-27 21:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
lhova said: »

Seriously?
Yes, seriously. I thought about firing up a new account specifically to exploit it. Easily, in sparks gear and 2 days effort, start making 1000+ alex a day, till they catch you. I'd love to finish every mythic by the end of 2016. Not QUITE that ambitious though.

Damn, I assume you can only do it on pc?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-27 22:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously?
Yes, seriously. I thought about firing up a new account specifically to exploit it. Easily, in sparks gear and 2 days effort, start making 1000+ alex a day, till they catch you. I'd love to finish every mythic by the end of 2016. Not QUITE that ambitious though.

Basically. They nerfed that Fast way for 3k, best you could do is 450 but meh.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-27 22:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously?

Basically. They nerfed that Fast way for 3k, best you could do is 450 but meh.

Not true. Just because someone tells you it's fixed, doesn't mean it's true. There are (let's say) "alternate" means. Not going to teach a course in how to hack salvage, sorry.

I'd rather not know in all honesty.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-27 22:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr; clippering between floors is now hacking
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 22:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

no ***huh never would have guessed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-27 22:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

no ***huh never would have guessed.

Technically it isn't hacking.

It's a cheat but it's not strictly speaking a hack.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-12-27 22:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you trying to take a stab at someones intelligence in previous posts but...im also pretty sure I would consider circumventing the built in limitations of the game to be hacking as well. Just because you use a nice GUI in a third party tool doesnt really change my opinion of that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-27 22:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if he's just being his usual condescending self or not, but you can still repop salv1 bosses or essentially any floor besides a salv2 boss the same way.. probably is still a way to repop salv2 bosses just not the same way you're thinking

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you trying to take a stab at someones intelligence in previous posts but...im also pretty sure I would consider circumventing the built in limitations of the game to be hacking as well. Just because you use a nice GUI in a third party tool doesnt really change my opinion of that.
i'm not arguing the legitimacy, i'd love to see it patched properly

but calling it hacking for anyone besides the person who wrote the first clipper is pretty lofty speak for such a basic action
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-27 22:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Go try it yourself if you dont' want to take anyone's word for it. It was fixed before they handed out the (temp) bans.
Naw, I rather let some fool try it and get banned for it than to do it myself.

That way, I can still profit from them (cheap alex) while they get their account deleted (or temporarily lose access to it, which is more likely).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-27 22:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just comeatmecocksucker being his usual dbag self, nothing new to see here.

hackisahackisahack. regardless of what you call it.
But since he's the one that gave it out, no one has to ask me about it anymore~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-27 22:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't seem to understand what he's getting at

He's not running a PR campaign for clipping, he's pointing out that referring to your usage of a very user friendly, very widespread cheating device as hacking is more than a little self indulgent

Unrelated: Are you twelve? Did you really just dig "***" out of the pejorative time capsule?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-27 22:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

oh it's this again

windower is technically hacking too if we want to use that nomenclature. have i blown your minds?
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-27 22:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I guess Xbox users can't do it so dafuq lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-27 22:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
oh it's this again

windower is technically hacking too if we want to use that nomenclature. have i blown your minds?

I don't think anyone's attempting to draw lines in the morality sand, I just think actual hackers deserve better than to have their learned shenanigans reduced to, "and here's where I turned on the Do Whatever I Want button"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-27 22:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no im on your side here, it's just if someone wants to call clipper and other downloadable cheats a hack, then they should include anything that tampers with game data in any way whatsoever since that's what all of them do. calling each individual user of a 3rd party tool a "hacker" is pretty dumb.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-27 22:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
oh it's this again

I don't think anyone's attempting to draw lines in the morality sand, I just think actual hackers deserve better than to have their learned shenanigans reduced to, "and here's where I turned on the Do Whatever I Want button"

Not to say that legitimate "hacks" don't require a decent amount of knowledge and technical skills, but you phrase it as such that people should be praised for exploiting weaknesses. Using a tool someone else developed and developing your own aren't on different levels in the realm of what you gain from exploiting the weakness. I don't think you meant to claim moral highground or anything.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 23:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just pretty sure that the OP meant means that could not result in a possible ban/suspension.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-27 23:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, OP is looking at about 40 Einherjar T3 runs (may be able to solo with their BLM), ~65 assaults, and something between 241 days of Salvage farming and ~200mil.

The upside is that it's all soloable. The downside is that it's mostly controlled by daily lockouts and you're probably going to want to farm about 3mil/day so you finish that goal at the same time as everything else. Any extra gil you farm past that point won't really finish you faster due to the assault tag limitations.

3mil per day is doing Salvage, Dynamis, and making a little gil on the side (<500k/day probably).
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-27 23:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
oh it's this again

Not to say that legitimate "hacks" don't require a decent amount of knowledge and technical skills, but you phrase it as such that people should be praised for exploiting weaknesses. Using a tool someone else developed and developing your own aren't on different levels in the realm of what you gain from exploiting the weakness. I don't think you meant to claim moral highground or anything.

I mean, cheaters are cheaters are cheaters. You either care or you don't. But that's beside the point: my one and only thought on the matter is that, for instance, when referring to yourself as a hacker when in reality you're using something more navigable than a universal remote, you're giving yourself entirely too much technical credit

Nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't give a lick about any subsequent discussion of morality with regard to cheating in this game
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-27 23:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Well, OP is looking at about 40 Einherjar T3 runs (may be able to solo with their BLM), ~65 assaults, and something between 241 days of Salvage farming and ~200mil.

The upside is that it's all soloable. The downside is that it's mostly controlled by daily lockouts and you're probably going to want to farm about 3mil/day so you finish that goal at the same time as everything else. Any extra gil you farm past that point won't really finish you faster due to the assault tag limitations.

3mil per day is doing Salvage, Dynamis, and making a little gil on the side (<500k/day probably).

3mil a day would finish me in how long?