Most Efficient Way To Get A Mythic!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-10 01:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The same reason SE seems determined to alienate chunks of their customers by making it nearly impossible to pay them.
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-10 02:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
SE should just sell the gil in legal ways. If there is really a market for virtual money, i dont get why SE allow others companies to profit instead of itself (though i heard SE works together those rmt companies).

Gilbuyers just had bad luck they dont have a legitimate source of cash and need to resort to rmt, but selling virtual money by the company that owns the game isnt so rare.
I think SE doesnt do it simply because a large percentage of players in the game would quit the game. I've made my arguments of how ridiculous it is to be butt mad over this but obviously people who feel this strongly aren't going to feel different.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-10 04:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SE doesn't sell gil because it requires they beat RMT price, unless they're prepared to step up their banning game it just results in an undercut war that will eventually devalue everyone's savings and cause severe problems for the game(and gives Starcade and the other purists an aneurysm).

Most RMT gil comes from exploits resulting in near-infinite amounts of gil or automation resulting in near-effortless (but limited) gil. There are some china spamming delve or whatever, but they'd be quickly forced out if SE sold gil. The others have such a low effort:reward ratio that they'll just undercut SE until they step up banning or gil becomes completely worthless.

SE has lowest production cost(they can generate however much they want at any time), but nobody wins in a price war unless they make it significantly harder to make gil or step up their banning enough to discourage sellers.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-10 06:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Diablo 3 tried that and it failed. It wasn't Blizzard selling the gold directly, but player to player through the AH and Blizzard took a cut of each sale.
By lhova 2015-01-10 09:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i think that there are certainly hypocrites in the sense that people think its morally wrong to buy gil or look down on those who do, but will pay $100 a month for 3 accounts and multiple mules so that they can get their stuff done faster. Whether you put in time in game or utilize money in rl to get the gil needed for items, its up to the individual player. I earn $320 a day from work and thats just an 8 hour shift so if I choose to use my earned money to guy items that would take me months to farm myself, then I think I wouldn't be living up to my motto made famous by S. McDuck "Work smarter, not harder"
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-10 09:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No one can really fault you for that. Do what you want with your money. It's not that people care or don't care that you buy gil.

It's when you lie about it, that make people angry. No one cares the slightest, at least they shouldn't if you buy every relic and mythic in the game. What they care about is you trying to pass it off as though you earned it. Or that you're a capable player because you have it.

If you just keep it to yourself, and don't be an ***, no one bats an eyelash.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-10 10:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, nobody cares how you got your mythic if you know how to use it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2015-02-16 11:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, what are people buying to convert the 50k sparks into 500k gil?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 11:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »

They all have basically the same conversion rate, so most people favor the higher cost items for inventory reasons. I get the GS because it's the highest point item on page 1. The shield is technically a better ratio, but it requires navigating 2 pages, so it takes more key strokes and time.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-16 11:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So lazy!
By lhova 2015-02-16 11:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

They all have basically the same conversion rate, so most people favor the higher cost items for inventory reasons. I get the GS because it's the highest point item on page 1. The shield is technically a better ratio, but it requires navigating 2 pages, so it takes more key strokes and time.

What level spark gear are you referring to?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 11:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

What level spark gear are you referring to?

71-98 or whatever, those are the highest sparks cost items that can be NPC'd, obviously.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-16 13:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, converting sparks to gil isnt the most efficient way to get a mythic.
[+]
By ryukin182 2015-02-16 13:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually laughed, if people are doing this as their main source of income, they deserve an achievement award. I wouldn't have the mettle to go that route.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-02-24 16:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When working on the different quests how are the requirements met for the following?:

Promotion: Captain
Complete all 50 Assaults - if you do all 50 while working through the ranks is this requirement met, or do you need to do all 50 while working Cap. quest specifically? (I understand for duties, task, and deeds the 50 need to be redone)

An Imperial Heist
If you beat the 3 Beastmen Champions/Odin/Salvage Bosses Prior to this mission, is the requirement considered met?

Just trying to figure out a timeframe for when I can complete up to lv.75 of my Nirvana.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-02-24 16:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Though you don't need all the assaults to rank up to First Lieutenant, but you do need them all completed to go from FL to Capt. Then you redo them for the mythic quest.

All titles carry over regardless of where you are for a mythic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-02-24 16:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect, exactly the answer I was looking for! I had figured as much...but you never know. Thanks, I greatly appreciate it!
By Wordspoken 2015-02-24 16:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
I actually laughed, if people are doing this as their main source of income, they deserve an achievement award. I wouldn't have the mettle to go that route.
It's a MMO so I wouldn't be too suprised if there isn't atleast one who'd do this.

Haven't we seen it all?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 16:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
ryukin182 said: »
It's a MMO so I wouldn't be too suprised if there isn't atleast one who'd do this.

Haven't we seen it all?

Obviously there were a lot who did it, but most should be banned by now.