Most Efficient Way To Get A Mythic!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-27 23:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Well, OP is looking at about 40 Einherjar T3 runs (may be able to solo with their BLM), ~65 assaults, and something between 241 days of Salvage farming and ~200mil.

The upside is that it's all soloable. The downside is that it's mostly controlled by daily lockouts and you're probably going to want to farm about 3mil/day so you finish that goal at the same time as everything else. Any extra gil you farm past that point won't really finish you faster due to the assault tag limitations.

3mil per day is doing Salvage, Dynamis, and making a little gil on the side (<500k/day probably).

3mil a day would finish me in how long?
About 70 days, assuming you buy Alexandrite at 7.5k each.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-27 23:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to have a legitimate discussion about making mythics without the obligatory troll-fest of people arguing what constitutes hacking and/or who the bigger cheater is?
By lhova 2014-12-27 23:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, OP is looking at about 40 Einherjar T3 runs (may be able to solo with their BLM), ~65 assaults, and something between 241 days of Salvage farming and ~200mil.

The upside is that it's all soloable. The downside is that it's mostly controlled by daily lockouts and you're probably going to want to farm about 3mil/day so you finish that goal at the same time as everything else. Any extra gil you farm past that point won't really finish you faster due to the assault tag limitations.

3mil per day is doing Salvage, Dynamis, and making a little gil on the side (<500k/day probably).

About 70 days, assuming you buy Alexandrite at 7.5k each.

So is that assuming I'm buying 400 Alex's a day in addition to what I farm or just totaling 400 a day?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-27 23:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get exactly 400 per day (buying or farming), it will take you 72 days to finish Alexandrite.

If you want to finish Alexandrite in 65 days (the number of tags it will take you for Assault), then you will want to farm 444 Alexandrite per day.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-27 23:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any further discussion about hacking/exploiting that isn't windower/guildwork related will get this thread nuked.

Also, insulting other users stops here as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 00:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly your biggest time sink is Alexandrites if you are looking to farm it only, if you have a good job for Delve you can do Morimar with a static 4 times a day (mix it up to shark as well) in 17 mins a run~

17x3 ~ 210k plasm (1mil ish not uber) plus any drops~ do it 5~6 times a day thats 2mil a day over 2 hours.

As you're an xbox player that's probably about the same time as soling Dynamis (which means dynamis is better gil due to no waiting and start up times).

If you can dual box however, Delve becomes be far the fastest method for making gil (Assuming tri box it's just stupid).

If you have PLD however you can cleave 50k sparks easily enough in Marjami, and get 50k sparks in about 15 pulls? we were getting about 2k accolades a pull (some people leeching for water crystals helps as well as theres trial for it x10).

50k sparks ~ 500k npc gil easy, you could spam that a couple time but Idk if you have PLD or if it's geared enough, just something to consider.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-28 00:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you farm 3 mil per day and buy alex @ 7000 each, that's 70 days of farming gil to finish the alex requirement. If you farm salvage for 125 average, AND farm 3 mil, it's approximately 54 days.
By lhova 2014-12-28 00:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Honestly your biggest time sink is Alexandrites if you are looking to farm it only, if you have a good job for Delve you can do Morimar with a static 4 times a day (mix it up to shark as well) in 17 mins a run~

17x3 ~ 210k plasm (1mil ish not uber) plus any drops~ do it 5~6 times a day thats 2mil a day over 2 hours.

As you're an xbox player that's probably about the same time as soling Dynamis (which means dynamis is better gil due to no waiting and start up times).

If you can dual box however, Delve becomes be far the fastest method for making gil (Assuming tri box it's just stupid).

If you have PLD however you can cleave 50k sparks easily enough in Marjami, and get 50k sparks in about 15 pulls? we were getting about 2k accolades a pull (some people leeching for water crystals helps as well as theres trial for it x10).

50k sparks ~ 500k npc gil easy, you could spam that a couple time but Idk if you have PLD or if it's geared enough, just something to consider.

Pld solo?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 00:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld solo?

Want me to post a Video? I can show you how BLU does it, PLD it's just even more stupid......

Same method, better defense, Ochain Shield and a Dagger for Eolin Edge spam
By lhova 2014-12-28 00:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld solo?

Want me to post a Video? I can show you how BLU does it, PLD it's just even more stupid......

Same method, better defense, Ochain Shield and a Dagger for Eolin Edge spam

Sure could you? Thanks
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 01:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

First off~

yes I use Windower.

I used a GEO to Toss me a Barrier spell (to show you what it would be like sorta as PLD).

Don't let phalanx drop or you're dead (because on PLD you can pull 45+ mobs).

YouTube Video Placeholder

P.S

Tekneek was some poor soul who afk'd in a Unity Party I did before :P
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-28 01:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The upside is that it's all soloable.

There is at least one assault (Lebros Supplies) that is not soloable (legitimately).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 01:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
The upside is that it's all soloable.

There is at least one assault (Lebros Supplies) that is not soloable (legitimately).

There's a couple that I'd say aren't like Bridges~ unless you have super speed and don't get hit by Draw in.

Plus others Truly Suck.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-28 01:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

instead of PLD AEing you can also go as RDM/BLM down to the square room in crawler's nest. pull 50 mobs and spam stonega. I cap sparks around an hour. I'm sure there are other locations to do this as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 01:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
instead of PLD AEing you can also go as RDM/BLM down to the square room in crawler's nest. pull 50 mobs and spam stonega. I cap sparks around an hour. I'm sure there are other locations to do this as well.

Abyssea ~ Frog camp ~ Crabs ~ loads actually.

Speaking as someone who wanted to pull their teeth out through their nose from bordom, variety really is the only way to do this. If you spam one thing you'll feel like you're grinding forever and it'll get boring.

Don't be worried about taking a small break between for things you need, if it helps keep you focused afterwards it'll be worth it.
[+]
By angermfmade 2014-12-28 02:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

level up your storage galkas!! every new character that can go is basicly 100 alex a day extra. if you have an alt lvl its galkas too thats 100 extra a day as well, plus you can run them atthe same time so you dont hafta salvage all day long.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 02:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

angermfmade said: »
level up your storage galkas!! every new character that can go is basicly 100 alex a day extra. if you have an alt lvl its galkas too thats 100 extra a day as well, plus you can run them atthe same time so you dont hafta salvage all day long.

He's on Xbox so no he can't run at same time.
By Chyula 2014-12-28 03:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwmJ_FepQs

there you go, same concept. nothing is faster
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2014-12-28 04:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Finishing quickly just comes down to making as much money as possible.

I personally chose to run Delve every day for 12 hours straight. It took somewhere between 3-4 weeks. I didn't run Dynamis (no DD job) and only ran Salvage a few times honestly (it became time inefficient compared to the money I was making in Delve, and a pain).

So, that's how long it took me to finish my Alexandrite... I was done long before I finished all the assaults and other stuff.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-12-28 05:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you prefer to farm Alexandrite within Salvage, if you have the patience I'd recommend making a mule to take to 99. You might lose your sanity spamming Bhaflau + Arrapago over and over but it's an ok method.

I personally leveled two new characters, and would spam Arrapago and Bhaflau Remnants twice a day on each.

If you're not after Salvage Plans in Arrapago II, you can pretty much kill a few mobs for unlocks on the first and second floors and skip the next two floors and go straight for the gear + boss floors.

A decent player in item level gear can pretty much do a Arrapago II run for alex within 30~60 mins granted that they ignore salvage Plan NMs

Bhaflau is a bit slower due to the first floor being kinda slow but on the plus side, they're NMs that can possibly drop cottons that are on route to boss.

Cerberus boss and HQ are harder than Khimeria due to the fact it builds up physical damage taken if you only deal physical damage to it, not to mention if you can't dispel Magma Hoplin you will have trouble killing it,

If tier II is a little difficult to do, you can always solo Silver Sea Remnants I. Linen isn't 100% but everything is a complete pushover plus depending on what path you take, every NM will drop a cotton 100% and of course you have the somewhat redundant gear train on the fourth floor that usually drop Alexandrite.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-12-28 06:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

some people might argue 4 hours is a day of play time

screw the alex/gil part, how do you solo 10k+ a tag in nyzul tokens? or even with 6 people?

i was told start at 96 > 30 minutes, but that costs a lot to enter and i only got 4k~ (dont remember how far we got, maybe floor 10~)

last time i did it from floor 0 i only got 6k from a lucky ~25 floor run, so i must be missing something?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-28 06:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

have someone who isnt making a mythic enter. it's remarkably inefficient to front the cost yourself
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-12-28 06:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

3 is the optimal number from what i find, 2+1 mule works. 2 wander around to kill, 1 stand at the pole to go up. we averaged around 20 floor this way depending on luck - ~8k(~9k if you're the one to enter) a run. most i've had from one run was 12k i think

6 people gives you penalty on the tokens and with 119 gear kill speed isn't an issue anyway.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-28 07:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a penalty for more people in party at this point of game is stupid. Should have a bonus instead.

Did someone asked in OF a fix for that?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-28 07:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
skip the next two floors and go straight for the gear + boss floors
I don't exactly agree(except for first floor chigoe and the lamia/qutrub cause it's a waste of time). Particularly the acrolith room, as each of the three has a good chance at dropping cotton, sometimes even double cottons. Only two minutes to clear them all anyway.
By lhova 2014-12-28 08:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind doesn't reakky bother me. I grinder 1500 hmps on VW when the items are very far from a guaranteed drop lol. It's just crazy because vw is becoming less popular and hence harder to form on my server. And to level my alchemy atm is impossible to gauge due to the short supply of mats.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-28 10:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
skip the next two floors and go straight for the gear + boss floors
I don't exactly agree(except for first floor chigoe and the lamia/qutrub cause it's a waste of time). Particularly the acrolith room, as each of the three has a good chance at dropping cotton, sometimes even double cottons. Only two minutes to clear them all anyway.

The Acrolith in Arrapago2 has a 4% chance of dropping a cotton purse. I wouldn't call that a "good chance" but you are right, they are easy/fast to kill.

As for the Qutrub 12.7% chance. Lamia 11.6% chance. Chigoe, 9.2% chance. The conditions to popping these three are more than Acrolith though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-28 10:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The chigoe is a waste of time cause you have to clear a few rooms(other than actually going around checking where he is). The lamia/qutrub is just cause I tend to pull the entire room by mistake and it sucks.

The acroliths I've been killing for almost one year and they drop cotton very often, definetely more than 4%, with a rare chance at double cotton.
[+]