Most Efficient Way To Get A Mythic!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
Most Efficient Way to get a Mythic!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By lhova 2014-12-27 13:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

Well hopefully Tuesday I should have my Captains rank and at the beginning of my quest towards a mythic. My question is what is the best way to accomplish this task (without being uber rich). I'm quite comfortable farming salvage (currently doing it everyday and recently started keeping my alexs instead of selling). I don't have any experience with Zeni or any of that and i'm currently 1100/30000 alexs, 22,000 of 100,000 Ichor and 20,000 of the 150,000 tokens. I'm not sure if I should try farming the ZNM and scoria while I get the other stuff or if that was even possible. I use to farm Dyna for currency but it sells really slow now so I probably need another decent gil source to help with the alexs or this is going to take forever. Just curious how peeps were able to finish thier mythics off and how they grinded it out. Thanks!

Also no mule access for additional Salvage runs, etc. I play on xbox (i know PC or die)
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 13:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I used Voidwatch to finance most of a relic, I suppose one could do the same for a mythic.

Some do Delve II for drops, but depending on the drop that could be a crapshoot due to falling prices (Yggdreant Boles are below a mil on Bahamut last I looked).

You could farm ADL/Pandy and sell that stuff as well.

Good luck!

Edit: If your LS is able, you can earn gil mercing gear for people who otherwise don't want to/can't get it themselves.
By lhova 2014-12-27 13:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info! i was hoping for options that required limited amounts of help (ideally solo) Did most people farm ZNM's while they progressed through this? Not sure if the ZNM are soloable, actually not even sure the best way of going about the Zeni either.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2014-12-27 13:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently working on a mythic myself, and have been doing the following:

1) Salvage (100-150 alex per run, which is probably low)
2) Dynamis (300-500 currency per run, sell and buy alex)
3) Voidwatch whenever there's a shout for one

I'm sure there are many other ways to make gil, but this is the max amount of time I'm willing to dedicate to it.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-12-27 14:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeni : Naul in Abyss:Tah gives 1500+/- per plate at 1-3% HP
ZNM is soloable : I soloed all mine as Dnc/Run (or Bst for Vampry)

Money wise: Best to farm Salvage and then buy the rest by spamming Voidwatch / Delve / WKR for HQ Baylds / Solo SKCNM Easy/Very Easy for stuff

Lots of ways to make money, some more tedious than others.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-27 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
I am currently working on a mythic myself, and have been doing the following:

1) Salvage (100-150 alex per run, which is probably low)
2) Dynamis (300-500 currency per run, sell and buy alex)
3) Voidwatch whenever there's a shout for one

I'm sure there are many other ways to make gil, but this is the max amount of time I'm willing to dedicate to it.

It seems like that is only focusing on the alex aspect, but are you also doing the ZNM's now or do you already have the scoria?
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-12-27 14:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ZNMs are soloable, I've yet to have any real trouble with them(I will note I do my soloing on PUP) as for zeni, last I knew Nauls in Abyssea - Tahrongi were still the best zeni for ~1000 a pop.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 14:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Thanks for the info! i was hoping for options that required limited amounts of help (ideally solo) Did most people farm ZNM's while they progressed through this? Not sure if the ZNM are soloable, actually not even sure the best way of going about the Zeni either.

ZNM are definitely soloable in ilvl gear.

If you're going at it solo, well, for a small investment and some practice you can solo Celaeno on BLM using a displacer; should you get even one cloth you'll recoup your investment + some. The way VW procs work now you can get capped red very very easily.

Bayld farming/sparks farming can also be done, but it's sort of slow unless you know what you're doing.

Edit: Nauls (at low HP) do indeed give the most Zeni.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-27 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe scorias are something worth to pay.

That ***takes an incomensurable amunt of time to farm, and you will still to do that for mythic trials.

So, if you end farming those, save the t4 pops for trials and buy the scorias. There are some rmts with scorias, as none buys them, they should be willing to give you a discount.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-27 14:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

Well hopefully Tuesday I should have my Captains rank and at the beginning of my quest towards a mythic. My question is what is the best way to accomplish this task (without being uber rich). I'm quite comfortable farming salvage (currently doing it everyday and recently started keeping my alexs instead of selling). I don't have any experience with Zeni or any of that and i'm currently 1100/30000 alexs, 22,000 of 100,000 Ichor and 20,000 of the 150,000 tokens. I'm not sure if I should try farming the ZNM and scoria while I get the other stuff or if that was even possible. I use to farm Dyna for currency but it sells really slow now so I probably need another decent gil source to help with the alexs or this is going to take forever. Just curious how peeps were able to finish thier mythics off and how they grinded it out. Thanks!

Also no mule access for additional Salvage runs, etc. I play on xbox (i know PC or die)

First off ihova i support your choice in asking for advice and wanting to build a mythic if that is what you want to do and would like. Even though you kind sounded like your hesitant on some parts of the farming you got Motivation to do it yourself just by saying i want to build a mythic now build off of that motivation !

Second i would say the only gil you will ever be spending is going to be on Lamp for einherjar realistically that is the only source that requires gil to my knowledge of ffxi. You should not have to buy alex or anything unless you really really want to thats up to you.

Shout or yell or /unity for 3 if you got some good aoe nukeing jobs ( this is 75 content by the way doesnt take much)-6 people+ ( if you want full time nothing wrong with full time entrence i prefer it myself) or if you got friends who are equally interested in doing einherjar for gil, or for fun or for the same reason thats all more power to you. You can split the lamp cost if you want or rotate lamp cost if someone wants to buy.

As for Zeni my friend do not fear, for you most likely have ilvl gear. Go forth collect thy pictures turn them into zeni points and like that famous Tv show in the early 90's late 80's " Murder she Wrote" kill those Nm and get your pandy KI's gather some friends have some TH and go to town , it still is fun.

Building these things does take time and commitment and if you really want it you will get it stick at it even if it takes you a long time. I will take myself for example, when i started in 04 i really wanted Excalibur, so i had my big dreams, saved up what little gil i had sponsored some runs when it was 1mil per glass then 500k when they bounced the price down on glass, and bought inflated priced dynamis currency but was not even close to finishing. Then 05 came out with chains of promathia they introduced Aegis , now i wanted Aegis since pld is my main job. i switched to aegis funding, and did not finish till 2010. Thats 5 years of commitment i did not give up on the dream. Then SE abyssified dynamis, i do not hate them for that it helped a lot and i finished Excalibur before 2014 ended.

If you set your mind to it and you believe in yourself , you will do it. Be like Nike " just do it"
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 14:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I believe scorias are something worth to pay.

That ***takes an incomensurable amunt of time to farm, and you will still to do that for mythic trials.

So, if you end farming those, save the t4 pops for trials and buy the scorias. There are some rmts with scorias, as none buys them, they should be willing to give you a discount.

If you're really, really, really bored you can farm a pandy key in a day.

I wouldn't personally do it, but it is possible.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-27 14:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

3 hrs a day farming, dyna+salvage for 3 months will get you finished on alex.
I know people hate dyna but that dynamis income significantly accelerates your completion speed versus just doing salvage and its a reliable income stream.
If dyna money is selling too slow, lower your price or be patient and just convert it to 100s and sit on it bazaar'd, eventually someone will swoop in and buy you out.

Dont worry about the scoria until you are almost done, its really just a distraction from finishing alexandrite.

A good amount of my income also comes from voidwatch since i'm fortunate enough to get some playtime during jp primetime, or I get some ls-only runs going for morta.

WoE and Wildkeeper reives are good if you play during a peak time while the campaign events are running , *however* I only do them *after* dyna+salvage and if voidwatch isnt an option.

If you find yourself capping out on unity accolades, helping someone do NMs and just selling the NM trophy items (intuilla hides etc) can be another income source.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-12-27 14:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting crafting crafting, you have Alchemy near 100, work on that and get to work making hexed -1 gear, depending on the piece you can make 10~20 mil with a single -1. While more tedious the payoff for high lvl crafting generally outweighs the work required for synthesis materials.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-27 14:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

lol, what? You can farm PW key in 3-4 hours. A day, ha.

That's you. I'm sort of famous for getting lost inside my own Mog Garden, so it takes me longer. ^.^
[+]
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2014-12-27 14:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am only focusing on the alex portion at the moment. I have not done the ZNM's yet, but you can get them done and have all your scoria's in just a few days. I'd focus on the requirements to obtain the weapon first (nyzul tokens, ichor, etc) and then focus on the Scoria if you have time. Otherwise, I'd focus on the scoria after you have the weapon, and don't need the alex.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-27 14:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

lol, what? You can farm PW key in 3-4 hours. A day, ha.

That's you. I'm sort of famous for getting lost inside my own Mog Garden, so it takes me longer. ^.^
Sure, it would only take you 3-4 hours a day if you clipper your way all over the place to each individual pop areas, especially for the Tyger pops.

Also, if you can hack the "10 plates per game day" zeni restriction, and also have 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k pops per, you can do it also.

The longest time sink for getting PW pops is....running around everywhere to get to the ??? pops.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-12-27 14:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the big thing is to mix up how you get gil so you don't go crazy. For most legit players a mythic is still a pretty expensive time sink. I farmed about a third of my alex; paid for the rest with a mixture of Dynamis, Delve, Voidwatch, and Skirmish. HMP's and VW 119 crafting items are a good way to finance a mythic now, I think, as far as time:effort. If you can pair a Salvage run with a x6/x12/x18 VW run each day you'll be done quickly. Dyna is great but it fluctuates so much. Demand will be low, low, then bang someone will be buying like crazy. Be patient. Don't be one of these idiots that cuts, cuts, cuts prices. Your time is valuable and Dynamis sucks.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-27 15:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the znm able to be solo by a thf/dnc? There are just a lot of times when I'm playing I'm bored as hell so it would be cool to work on my mythic regardless of if I have tags or salvage entry.
By Zoltar 2014-12-27 15:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm H-P Bayld, good source of monies

NPC weapons bought with sparks, 50k sparks = 500k gil

If you're a high-level crafter, focus on HQ'n some items
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2014-12-27 15:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the znm able to be solo by a thf/dnc? There are just a lot of times when I'm playing I'm bored as hell so it would be cool to work on my mythic regardless of if I have tags or salvage entry.

with ease, yes. Like, extreme ease. T1-T2 will die from the white damage to get to 1000TP + a TA Rudras on a trust.

T3s will be oneshotted/sub 10% by a 3k Rudras from full HP (except armed gears)

T4s are killed by a Rudras >reverse flourish > SA Rudras

source: I literally did this yesterday.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-27 15:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but its so much more fun to summon 3 trusts, swing once then run away and let them solo it while I go make a sandwich.

aside from the rogue carbuncle from a mule helping in that shot, they're all really easy and trusts can kill them except the vampire one that can get lucky and kill them all off.
If you cant muster help for PW, you should be able to stomp tinnin/tyger/sarameya on your own with trust npcs to get the 3 trophies for the balrahn fight.
Again, I highly discourage fussing over ZNMs until you finish alex cause its tedious.
[+]
By lhova 2014-12-27 15:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is PW solo able on thf with trusts?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-27 15:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, you'll probably get flattened by Astral Flow.
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2014-12-27 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Nah, you will absolutely get flattened by Astral Flow.

fixed lol. Bring a PLD friend and a healer if you're concerned about curing and have the PLD diaga the lamps and hold them. And inevitably hold PW when he destroys your face with AF
By fillerbunny9 2014-12-27 15:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

since you are just starting, keep in mind you need to redo all your assaults. do not let tags sit unused, aim for at least completing an assault every day, or do 2-3 on a slow day. only a handful of Assaults require an extra body or two to help. (Azure Ailments and Lost & Found immediately spring to mind)

try and find a static group for Nyzul Isle (unless your servers shouts don't suck.) shouting for NI tokens has left me wanting to rip my hair out, and I have been parked around 80k tokens for far too long.

as others have said do Voidwatch whenever you can for the shot at expensive mats/plates/cinders/dross/whatever sells. you will get tired of the same monotony. (or maybe not, YMMV. it takes herculean effort to drag myself to Dynamis due to diminished gil returns and soloing out two Relics on PUP back when it was BST/small group onry.) just keep things diversified so that you don't lose interest. I honestly stopped midway through my Ryu because I just couldn't stand the grind/my schedule leaves me with fewer play opportunities. also, Hyrule Warriors consumed my life there for a couple months....

Einherjar T3 can be soloed by a good BLU in the 15 minute limit solo thanks to the absurdity of iLevel gear, otherwise, shout it out. that tends to fill easily enough compared to NI, at least on Shiva.

ZNMs are a joke. I use PUP and just let my Automaton destroy the mobs; I've built a full set of T3 pops just by letting Otto wreck them. also, check your Mog Garden/Gobbie chest daily; I have gotten a T3 pop from garden and seen SS of T3s from chest.
By mortontony1 2014-12-27 15:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1 bonanza prize.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6