R.I.P FFXI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-10 15:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunch of nut cases on this site obviously. Think about it, what sane person goes to a forum of a game they hate every single day and tries to convert people to another game or to stay away from that game? We can list almost all the people here who do it on a daily/weekly basis, these people need help.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 15:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Bunch of nut cases on this site obviously. Think about it, what sane person goes to a forum of a game they hate every single day and tries to convert people to another game or to stay away from that game? We can list almost all the people here who do it on a daily/weekly basis, these people need help.

They're here complaining because they love the game and feel betrayed. And they're not completely wrong.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 15:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah you tell 'em, Draylo
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-10 15:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

They're here complaining because they love the game and feel betrayed. And they're not completely wrong.

They are doing it in the wrong spot then. All they are doing is pissing people off who still play this game and making it a negative place to be. How is that helpful to the game at all? Then they deter returning players which in turn hurts the game even further for any future developments. These people are morons, these are the same scrubs who come back to the game like nothing ever happened after all their bitching lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-10 15:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably because they can do this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-11-10 15:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

R.i.p. in pieces.

I too am a victim of old game love and the masses losing interest.

...Jk gtfo casuals
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 16:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well, to be fair, I don't think the game could be hurt anymore than it already is

just being completely honest tbh
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Phoenix.Jile said: »
what I do see coming is a server merge) >.<
Please, no.

Then prepare to let FFXI die.
I'm prepared to keep playing until it does, but that end isn't in the foreseeable future.

The issue people have is that people suck (most likely them) not the population counts, I see the same factless arguments being places on the high population servers as the low, it's ludicrous. So go on thinking the game is dying, and bitching about it, I'll continue playing and enjoying it.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Game didn't bleed like this when they made aby, despite shocking many(some of them still bothered). Adoulin has been like a pandemic outbreak though.
Few months before this expansion came out we had 2.8k~ people per server, now we're lucky with 500. I agree that ilvl has probably been one of the major culprits.

I recall a bunch of people quitting when abyssea came out, I wasn't playing (yet was still paying) when SoA came out, so I can't really say for sure on that one.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They are doing it in the wrong spot then. All they are doing is pissing people off who still play this game and making it a negative place to be. How is that helpful to the game at all? Then they deter returning players which in turn hurts the game even further for any future developments. These people are morons, these are the same scrubs who come back to the game like nothing ever happened after all their bitching lol.

If someone is considering giving SE more money, they should be aware of the complaints people have as much as they should be aware of what people are happy with. Obviously, we don't need to have the same "FFXI is dead, I hate SE, wah wah" threads weekly, but their opinion is just as valid as yours.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-10 16:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just like you were last year right? Then when you returned to keep playing? The game isn't going to be what you want it to obviously, so why bother sticking around here? I'm sure you have loads of fun doing other stuff that you don't need to post here right? lol If people are "wasting" their time playing a dead/dying video game, then let them do it? Obviously they enjoy what they do or they wouldn't be paying it monthly. I'm just talking to the void here though, I'm sure this thread will sprout back up next week, I just wanted to put it out there that you are all nuts.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Having a few competent friends is the only way to get anything done these days.
Wouldn't you consider this true in basically all mmos?
It's been basically true in XI for years, at least as far back as I can remember. Obviously minus leveling, and even then it usually went faster with a static.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-10 16:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
well, to be fair, I don't think the game could be hurt anymore than it already is

just being completely honest tbh
Oh, it could. Could go free to play and/or add a pay to win shop.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't mind ftp, but it would eliminate the updates which would suck (sorta).
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-10 16:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Limbus, Ejar, WoTg strongholds, HNMs back then

Now we have: Delve, Skirmish, Merit Fight(wich is to be fair a ***ton of content), Incursion and that new unity. The only thing we really lost is exp pt+ camping (H)NMs.

the equivalent of nyzle/assault etc would be VW/Dyna farm/salvage farm etc.

I believe the issue in XI atm is not only in content(incursion is a good content that could have been grindy enough to last forever) but in the battle system not being set for our current strenght.

Back then we had more variety in strategy than now and stuff like mp management enmity; SC+MB etc mattered, now it's just go all out kind of fight wich is the main reason it got boring.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 16:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just like you were last year right? Then when you returned to keep playing? The game isn't going to be what you want it to obviously, so why bother sticking around here? I'm sure you have loads of fun doing other stuff that you don't need to post here right? lol If people are "wasting" their time playing a dead/dying video game, then let them do it? Obviously they enjoy what they do or they wouldn't be paying it monthly. I'm just talking to the void here though, I'm sure this thread will sprout back up next week, I just wanted to put it out there that you are all nuts.

Is your affinity for the game so fragile that it can't handle basic scrutiny? I play pretty sparsely and only because I enjoy playing with the people I play with. I love the game, not necessarily the turns it's made recently, but I can hear people complain or pine without losing my ***like you do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-10 16:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is your affinity for the game so fragile that it can't handle basic scrutiny? I play pretty sparsely and only because I enjoy playing with the people I play with. I love the game, not necessarily the turns it's made recently, but I can hear people complain or pine without losing my ***like you do.

They do it all the time, are you blind? Do you not get slightly bothered that these threads crop up every single week? It makes me not even wanna visit this site anymore, pretty pathetic. The game changes all the time, the population is at the lowest point now due to FFXIV. I'm sure changes will be made again, AF3 will come out with new content or they will have more expansions down the line and people will return.

These people constantly bashing the game all the time need help though. I know you were one of them which is why I'm sure you feel the need to point out I'm "losing my ***" or w/e, but I'm not. I still enjoy the game and you don't see me going to FFXIV forums doing the same thing these pathetic losers are lol.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 16:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like the threads popping up constantly anymore than you do, but it always turns into you bitching about them having an opinion you don't like and telling them to go play FFXIV if they don't like it.

If you don't want to listen to what they have to say, don't click on the thread, it's not like the title is vague.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-10 16:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo Draylo Draylo, I made you out of clay!
And when you're dry and ready, oh Draylo we will play!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He has to defend FFXI's honor. He'll die before he accepts this game is in bad shape.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-10 16:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is doing ok considering the impacts of the salvage ban of 09', FFXIV, and dev's direction to incorporate elements of WoW and FFXIV.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 16:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And, since we're on the topic of nut cases, I personally find fanatic devotion to defending the game a good example.

I mean, they don't say light the Draylo beacon for no reason. He'll be here, don't you worry about it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 16:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lilkat said: »

Actually it's not that at all, it's basic human nature. When they convert they want to see the game they used to enjoy crach and burn.

It's like someone who broke up with their gf/bf checking and hoping their life will go to crap after, and being quite angry if it carried on as normal or got better.

MMO players are quite the same, you see it most often in wow players who badmouth it then go back a year later. I've seen it so many times on so many titles in world shout channels and in guild chats over various games. It's just human nature, some people just can't move on and not hate on what they played before.

I'm not gonna speak for the others, but I don't play FFXIV. Or any MMO at this point, for that matter. I have no desire to see FFXI burn, wanting to see it improve though, that could be desirable.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-10 16:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh...How about people who continue to play enjoy themselves, and those who cut the cord enjoy whatever they're doing now and let those who still play continue to get their jollies? Deal?

Remember the game for what is was. Obviously, we all enjoyed it at one point or another.

If it still makes people happy, why begrudge their happiness and/or satisfaction with the game?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-10 16:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And, since we're on the topic of nut cases, I personally find fanatic devotion to defending the game a good example.

I mean, they don't say light the Draylo beacon for no reason. He'll be here, don't you worry about it.

Fanatic devotion? I critique this game from time to time as well. There is a difference between what you and the others are doing and someone just expressing an opinion about an update. You are just doing it to bring people down.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fanatic devotion? I critique this game from time to time as well. There is a difference between what you and the others are doing and someone just expressing an opinion about an update. You are just doing it to bring people down.

I'm just giving my opinion on the state of the game quite frankly, if my opinion brings people down well, that's too bad.

I didn't make the topic, I happened to see it, and so I responded. Whether there is a better place to share my opinion is irrelevant to me, as they're people here who share a similar opinion I can discuss it with.

Unlike most of the people you seem to encounter who try to convert people to FFXIV, or simply wish the game dead for whatever reason, I'm not like that. Like I said, I have no desire to see this game dead, though it's current state is quite unfortunate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9