First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

People who complain about XIV reskinned stuff apparently never played a FF before. It's exactly what fans of the saga want: stuff from previous chapters.
Just go on take a look at FFwiki and see how many recurring gear there exists.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-10 07:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm going to be getting a PS4 soon. Just gonna wait till Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-11-10 07:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone remembers packed ffxi servers?

pepperidge farm remembers...
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-10 07:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember being annoyed by overcrowding a lot
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-10 08:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

p.s. we can have FFXI arguments without XIV being involved, they're separate games and comparing the two is *** pointless. they don't play the same, look the same, feel the same, sound the same, or even taste the same.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-10 08:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
They have a tendency to draw from armor of past games. The CT and ST armor is designed from armors and enemies from FFIII.
Not a bad thing. I love that they are doing it. I'd like to see more of XI's and other game's stuff in there.

I do think they need to watch how far they go though; FFXIV is a bit busy. There are so many animations and effects on the screen at once it can be a bit overwhelming and it is often hard to even see the mob or the mob's attacks. So adding weapons that are the size of mac trucks and armor that glows or flashes or moves constantly is a bit irritating to me. Not that I'd give up my glow weapon or anything... but I feel it may be a bit over done and I have to wonder what they'll end up doing later.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-10 08:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My daughter who is 5 will be in college and I will still be playing ffxi
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-10 08:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Anyone remembers packed ffxi servers?

pepperidge farm remembers...
Overcrowding in XI significantly hurt the game. XI's got far too limited resources, especially in early content with NM's and areas with limits on battlefields or mob respawns. They are doing better about that now but it's still a problem after updates and everyone who still plays is spamming the same thing. No one wants to spend 5 hours fighting people for regular mobs so they can finish a quest or mission.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-10 08:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But the same issue with low populated server: "no one want to shout 5h for sch or brd to do tojil"
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 08:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The lifeless population is really hurting the game, SE are too scared to add any real content that lasts because of it, and it'll never get better. The future is quite foreseeable for this game, most are going to regret the time they spent grinding and hoping the game gets better, but doesn't, then server closure comes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-11-10 08:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SoA could have been a good expansion but iLVL ***all over the game. Hard-core players saw years of work go down the drain, and quit. Then a flood of gear that was useful until the next update, then trashed. Tbh I don't understand Wtf the point of iLVL was.... 99 player vs lvl 113 mob... ILVL 119 vs 123 mob... Could have left us at 99 and still introduced everything in SoA without a problem. In a game this old, drastic changes made aren't necessarily gonna be a good idea.
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-10 08:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Phoenix.Jile said: »
what I do see coming is a server merge) >.<
Please, no.

Then prepare to let FFXI die.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 08:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how long it'll go, but what I do know is SE will squeeze cash out for however long people want to remain foolish and think what SE offers is worth their money.
[+]
 Cerberus.Makira
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-11-10 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Not sure how long it'll go, but what I do know is SE will squeeze cash out for however long people want to remain foolish and think what SE offers is worth their money.

So... you just lurk FFXI forums to bash the game for funsies then? >.>
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 09:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
This site is in perpetual groundhog day mode. How many times are you people going to make this thread and respond to it?

well let's see... they have been making this thread about once a week for the four or five years I have been trolling ffxiah... about every third player that quits makes a huge production out of it as if anyone is going to remember them forty five seconds after they log out....

So we apply Newton's third law of douche motion and multiply it by the number of players left and add the number of players that make threads when they return.... "HEY DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME!? I SPONGED OFF OF ALL OF YOU UNTIL I HAD WHAT I WANTED AND THEN I QUIT RATHER THAN HELP YOU ALL IN RETURN.... YEAH...GOOD TIMES.... SO... WHO HAS SPACE FOR A RETURNING PLAYER AND A YEAR'S WORTH OF FREE TIME TO GET ME ALL CAUGHT UP SO I CAN QUIT AGAIN!?

So then we arrive at the answer which is

Infinity (-1) times
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 09:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Makira said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

So... you just lurk FFXI forums to bash the game for funsies then? >.>

This forum is more than a FFXI forum. I just happened to see this thread, and I commented. There was no "lurking".

You should know that though, you wanted people to pay for your vocation.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-10 09:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
I think SoA could have been a good expansion but iLVL ***all over the game. Hard-core players saw years of work go down the drain,

See also: Abyssea?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-10 09:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To each their own some people are unhappy unless they are hating something lol
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 09:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Game didn't bleed like this when they made aby, despite shocking many(some of them still bothered). Adoulin has been like a pandemic outbreak though.
Few months before this expansion came out we had 2.8k~ people per server, now we're lucky with 500. I agree that ilvl has probably been one of the major culprits.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-10 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People talking about FFXI and FFXIV on consoles:

FFXI was originally coded to PS2 and the PC version was coded to be compatible with having a PS2 game as it's main source code branch. Around 2006 they started doing FFXI for XBOX360 and it made sense make the PC the main branch. That was done but the game code base is already "tainted" by being made for a computer device which is completely different from the normal CPU + GPU engineering model. The PS2 has a lot of rendering work made at the CPU.

FFXIV is in the other hand made from scratch for the industry standard CPU + GPU computing model. So embracing/leaving platforms is easy and simple.

So their position of insisting with PS2 on FFXI and discussing ditch PS3 on XIV actually make a lot of sense.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-10 09:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I agree that ilvl has probably been one of the major culprits.

that was the final straw for a friend and I, for whatever that's worth. I'm too lazy to continually bash 11 after the fact though, I instead have decided to hate the entire nation of japan.

I quit a year and a few months ago, & they seemed to plug right along with the ilvl system anyway, so my opinion, & those that agreed with me, must not have been the majority of the populace.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 09:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Makira, you have me blocked, so to respond to your PM;

If people are quitting because of comments I make here on a forum, then there is bigger concerns involved than me.

I didn't throw what I said in your face for enjoyment, I did it because I could, and to prove a point. This forum isn't just a FFXI forum.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 09:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

GET A ROOM YOU TWO!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 09:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

somehow, she's taken

now that there, was for enjoyment
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 09:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you buy her a vacation she'll unblock you.

..ops, my bad!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 09:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I agree that ilvl has probably been one of the major culprits.

that was the final straw for a friend and I, for whatever that's worth. I'm too lazy to continually bash 11 after the fact though, I instead have decided to hate the entire nation of japan.

I quit a year and a few months ago, & they seemed to plug right along with the ilvl system anyway, so my opinion, & those that agreed with me, must not have been the majority of the populace.

Ilevel isn't bad. Plasm farming for upgraded gears is one of the most fun thing I did in this game. The excitement of getting a mikinaak gear with enough plasm and finally getting a tojil win. We need more of that kind of excitement. Although the jump in ilevel doesn't have to be 20 at a time. It can be ilevel 123 next.

How long ilevel stuck in 119? You should be having a blast with all these side grades right now.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 09:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lilkat said: »
I wonder why this forum has mods at all, they don't seem to do much.

<you must be new here.jpg>

we have two mods, GirlBoy and CatMod and their days are filled removing plot pics and keeping the place clean enough the google police don't kick the doors down
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-11-10 09:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Bismarck.Osaia said: »
I think SoA could have been a good expansion but iLVL ***all over the game. Hard-core players saw years of work go down the drain,

See also: Abyssea?

I agree. Aby had some people leave, but realistically SoA made the entire world of ffxi moot. While aby overpowered us with its gear, there were still pieces in lower level lands that were useful and still farmed/camped. Some content was still challenging. Once ilvl hit... I remember before I let my sub die, standing in town thinking.. Where can I go, what can I do? Campaign? The past? Nah. No challenge there. Temple of ugh. Sky? Nah. Nothing of value there. Sea...? Nope. All these places and yet nowhere to enjoy. It was enabling God mode on doom. It was fun, then I beat the game. And tht was that. Now I did have a good endgame ls before I left but we were constantly having issues with people not logging on to do events. It was the same stuff every weekend. VD DM, or something. Got boring. I played ffxi to explore. To get one shot by a mob I didn't know was around the corner. To actually NEED the call for help button. Lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9