Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-10 12:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Quote:
There are currently 16 public game worlds available for play, down from 32 at the game's height, with approximately 15,000 to 20,000 players in each.

Yeah, ok.
1. server upgrades yo, hardware has come a long way in 12 years (remember the move? I doubt they moved the old hardware to the new datacenter.)

2. 1000 players, 9-14 mules each.

Jet, the word you are looking for is characters, not players. 1 player with 5 mules is still 1 player.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 12:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Quote:
There are currently 16 public game worlds available for play, down from 32 at the game's height, with approximately 15,000 to 20,000 players in each.

Yeah, ok.
1. server upgrades yo, hardware has come a long way in 12 years (remember the move? I doubt they moved the old hardware to the new datacenter.)

2. 1000 players, 9-14 mules each.

Jet, the word you are looking for is characters, not players. 1 player with 5 mules is still 1 player.
Indeed, but just fudging numbers, I could see them doing it.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-11-10 12:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
@Yellowman

You'd be doing those people a favor by showing them a deterrent to FFXI tbh, no one likes wasting time and money.

And currently, FFXI is exactly that.

Well you see that's where your wrong as to i ran to plenty of folks that are returning players and they are actually enjoying the game in the server i'm on. And just because you don't feel like wasting time or money on the game doesn't mean others would feel the same it's their choice to go ahead and give the game a try isn't it?
your opinions are your opinions and that's cool but just because you feel some type of way about the game doesn't mean everyone else is just remember that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunamae said: »
To answer a question someone asked. What was good in the game before abyssea, which i personally didnt lke as i dont like burning jobs lol

Before abysses people actually played in parties to level.... do you remember the days when you did a search for people seeking and there actully was some... hell yes i miss them days, but they are long gone, so i evolved.

I will always love this game... Even when its only me left playing it, as i love actually leveling properly and slowly and enjoying the job, not zerging to 99 and then moaning cos noone is shouting for this that etc...

I take my time as i enjoy all the low stuff.. I personlly dont like adoulin... and all that i need spells for my blu but i dont enjoy stuff over there. I do want one the new rings, but beyond that im not to bothered.

I really wish when they brought out a new area they didnt do adoulin, but its done now and i level slow so i have enough to do for years, so whatever lol

Peace lol

I asked the question but i meant pre soa not pre abyssea. I liked leveling too. Back in 75 days that's all I do cause I have no choice but to do it. I Had s lotta fun chaining stuff and getting 450 exp with exp ring. After discovering worm parties and all the end games stuff to do, I have no time leveling a job to 99 the slow way. Ranger still at 40 summoner slowly getting up in level thanks to coalition. Yea we discover new things to do and the old no longer becomes fun.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-11-10 13:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
To answer a question someone asked. What was good in the game before abyssea, which i personally didnt lke as i dont like burning jobs lol

Before abysses people actually played in parties to level.... do you remember the days when you did a search for people seeking and there actully was some... hell yes i miss them days, but they are long gone, so i evolved.

I will always love this game... Even when its only me left playing it, as i love actually leveling properly and slowly and enjoying the job, not zerging to 99 and then moaning cos noone is shouting for this that etc...

I take my time as i enjoy all the low stuff.. I personlly dont like adoulin... and all that i need spells for my blu but i dont enjoy stuff over there. I do want one the new rings, but beyond that im not to bothered.

I really wish when they brought out a new area they didnt do adoulin, but its done now and i level slow so i have enough to do for years, so whatever lol

Peace lol

I asked the question but i meant pre soa not pre abyssea. I liked leveling too. Back in 75 days that's all I do cause I have no choice but to do it. I Had s lotta fun chaining stuff and getting 450 exp with exp ring. After discovering worm parties and all the end games stuff to do, I have no time leveling a job to 99 the slow way. Ranger still at 40 summoner slowly getting up in level thanks to coalition. Yea we discover new things to do and the old no longer becomes fun.

This is how i feel i mean i miss and loved the old days of grinding but as time changes and one gets older one really can't spend that much time on a game anymore and if a person can then that person needs a reality check into LIFE and that's why maybe some get bored of the game really quick because they spend to much time on it 24/7 with barely getting any rest.

I log on everyday but usually just to collect my login points and to craft which is something i enjoy the most out of the game but when it comes to do some kind of event depending on my time and schedule i'll go ahead and do it but if not then you'll most likely catch me just chit chatting in the LS and crafting. I can't put to much time in a game like before because i have more things to do in real life but it won't stop me from at least logging on just to have a little bit of fun.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 14:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »

Peace lol

This is how i feel i mean i miss and loved the old days of grinding but as time changes and one gets older one really can't spend that much time on a game anymore and if a person can then that person needs a reality check into LIFE and that's why maybe some get bored of the game really quick because they spend to much time on it 24/7 with barely getting any rest.

I log on everyday but usually just to collect my login points and to craft which is something i enjoy the most out of the game but when it comes to do some kind of event depending on my time and schedule i'll go ahead and do it but if not then you'll most likely catch me just chit chatting in the LS and crafting. I can't put to much time in a game like before because i have more things to do in real life but it won't stop me from at least logging on just to have a little bit of fun.

I agree with you. The people who play 5 plus hours accomplish their goals gets what they want to get then says they bored and nothing to do. I'm happy logging on when kids are asleep do a tree do a tojil. Or help with a battlefield.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2014-11-10 14:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YES ITS WORTH IT
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry...

Is this another FFXI IS DEAD thread?

Good God, yes it's not in the height of it's prime, but neither is a 30 something year old. I wouldn't say someone who is 30 is dead.

There is plenty to do, just not a lot of end game style stuff left really (DM2 had some longevity but not huge, however that said, it wasn't a great deal behind the likes of Kirin, assuming you Zerg'd it with 18 people before he popped adds. and did 3~5 pops a go, you could burn thorugh sky gods and get mostly everyone everything they needed in a few weeks.

Content is just "easier" to spam now that's the only real difference, and people's understanding of the game / stat vomit has just made it easier.

There's just not alot of variety really.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-10 14:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is dead there are no brd left to play with!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

i have brd!!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 14:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

i have brd!!

I have 4 songs and can't get into a party
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i have brd!!

I get blind invites, don't know what you're doing wrong.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 14:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i have brd!!

It's partly a joke. The pickup group in Lakshmi is so bad there's like no pug groups forming to even be able to ask me to
Bard. It's ususlly the people I know who ask me to bard and even then laksmi is dominated by two mythic 4 song bards.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 14:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry...

Good God, yes it's not in the height of it's prime, but neither is a 30 something year old. I wouldn't say someone who is 30 is dead.

There is plenty to do, just not a lot of end game style stuff left really (DM2 had some longevity but not huge, however that said, it wasn't a great deal behind the likes of Kirin, assuming you Zerg'd it with 18 people before he popped adds. and did 3~5 pops a go, you could burn thorugh sky gods and get mostly everyone everything they needed in a few weeks.

Content is just "easier" to spam now that's the only real difference, and people's understanding of the game / stat vomit has just made it easier.

@Bolded

That could happen on paper, but in reality, it lasted years for everyone quite frankly. And for the top-tier LS where only something like this could be remotely possible, there was so much event variety back then, that even people who were capped on sky equips, did Sky willingly. For points mainly, of course, but the event just wasn't spammed into oblivion to where it became a boring husk, battling the Sky Gods just always remained fun.

I don't speak for everyone of course, I'm sure there are some people who hated Sky with a passion, etc.

Content these days just doesn't have that big variety, and everything is made so easily accessible, which has obviously been detrimental. Nothing they can do it about it now though, with the current lifeless population, adding anything remotely close to 75-cap era content will do more harm than good at this point.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry...

@Bolded

That could happen on paper, but in reality, it lasted years for everyone quite frankly. And for the top-tier LS where only something like this could be remotely possible, there was so much event variety back then, that even people who were capped on sky equips, did Sky willingly. For points mainly, of course, but the event just wasn't spammed into oblivion to where it became a boring husk, Battling the Sky Gods just always remained fun.

I don't speak for everyone of course, I'm sure there are some people who hated Sky with a passion, etc.

Content these days just doesn't have that big variety, and everything is made so easily accessible, which has obviously been detrimental. Nothing they can do it about it now though, with the current lifeless population, adding anything remotely close to 75-cap era content will do more harm than good at this point.

I said could, not did ;)

I do still enjoy Sky (at least the concept)
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-10 15:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I wonder why they never added a new sky/sea zone for toau/wotg and now SoA.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 15:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I wonder why they never added a new sky/sea zone for toau/wotg and now SoA.

This Mentality.

Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2014-11-10 15:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is, when the time comes... :)

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 15:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Content these days just doesn't have that big variety, and everything is made so easily accessible, which has obviously been detrimental.

So content is horrible drop rates in events you can do once every X days?

Precisely.

Are you going to argue that it didn't work? Please, go ahead.

And as you do that, bare in mind the current population of FFXI.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-10 15:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Game worked back then cause even when there was nothing to do, we could "have fun" exping new job wich is why content back then was ok now we can't have content that we can enter only once every 3 days cause beside end game there is nothing to do.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-10 15:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i have brd!!

It's partly a joke. The pickup group in Lakshmi is so bad there's like no pug groups forming to even be able to ask me to
Bard. It's ususlly the people I know who ask me to bard and even then laksmi is dominated by two mythic 4 song bards.

That's because all the 5 song mythic bards are mythic blm or ergon geos now.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2014-11-10 15:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Is the concept of something dying out really that hard for some of you to fathom?

"Oh but the EQ servers are still up, that game is alive and kicking OP!!! You're wrong!!! It's not dead!!! It's not dead if at least one person is online!!!"

***'s old. I've never seen so many people in denial and defensive over a video game's decline quite like this one.

On one hand, the population keeps dropping with no indication it'll ever go back up.

On the other, people like this are so upset they couldn't have fun/get things done that they lurk for years just to try to discourage others from having fun/getting things done.

If it's important enough to you to hang around this long, obviously there's a pretty large pool of interested people to return.

Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 15:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

i have brd!!

That's because all the 5 song mythic bards are mythic blm or ergon

geos now.
What does that have to do with anythinh lol. N when I say 4 song I meant 4 song without clarion call
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 15:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i have brd!!

I think there's actually like 5 of them, but of the 3 that I know personally, 1 never plays, 1 is always on his mythic BLM or DNC, and the other is a mule. PUG's on Lakshmi are just junk, in general. Having a few competent friends is the only way to get anything done these days.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-11-10 15:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Having a few competent friends is the only way to get anything done these days.
Wouldn't you consider this true in basically all mmos?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Having a few competent friends is the only way to get anything done these days.
Wouldn't you consider this true in basically all mmos?

I haven't played many other MMO's and not to the extent I have FFXI. I just compare it to pre-SoA FFXI, where VW climbs and even Legion was being done semi-successfully by PUG's.

You can barely farm chapters faster with a PUG than farming sparks in most cases.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-10 15:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Game worked back then cause even when there was nothing to do, we could "have fun" exping new job wich is why content back then was ok now we can't have content that we can enter only once every 3 days cause beside end game there is nothing to do.

Nothing to do? That word was truly none-existant in those days for quite some time.

End Game had some much variety it was easy to schedule different things each day. Different taskts within each section of endgame. So things to do in Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Limbus, Ejar, WoTg strongholds, HNMs I'm probably missing some. You'd have pop item gathering for a certain event one day, then the next time you'd be popping the bossess, depending on the endgame.

Outside of those events, you'd be farming gil, crafting, EXPing, doing Nyzul Isle, Assaults, farming NMs that didn't require entire parties, etc.

I found it hard to not be entertained in those days quite honestly, and since the game was flourishing for years, so did many others.

With the content being so dry and empty in todays FFXI, the casual tasks just feel meaningless.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9