New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November Update
November Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By gdiShun 2014-11-10 12:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All of these are so situational that I don't think there really is a 'bad choice' as long as it's relevant to your situation. Most of them just allow you to swap other pieces in different slots in certain situations, are only really good for 1 or 2 jobs, or just save you money/inventory/time. lol.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-10 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Also Spira you damn well know my luck lol 277 kirins before I got wlegs

lol~ my pld mule has a mdt-4 pdt-5 bdt-6 dark ring, 1/1 dring, 1/1 wlegs

hate me now :D

(but i still haven't got a refresh hairpin, so damn youuuuu)
By Pantafernando 2014-11-10 12:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
vocane ring is not a very good choice if you know how to stop yourself from getting knocked back.

I would like to learn how to stop being knocked back.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 12:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to a wall.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-10 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
vocane ring is not a very good choice if you know how to stop yourself from getting knocked back.

back to the wall, or pin yourself to the ground and let no incoming packet attack push you over!
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-10 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the wall is useful in prison
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-10 13:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't using blinkmenot or dressup you can lessen the distance by timing a gearswap for it or use a corner. Even on a flat wall you'll be shifted. If you use ashita or windower there are 'other' methods.
By Chyula 2014-11-10 14:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »

If you aren't using blinkmenot or dressup you can lessen the distance by timing a gearswap for it or use a corner. Even on a flat wall you'll be shifted. If you use ashita or windower there are 'other' methods.

and you just won the plugin is not cheating award.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-10 14:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

That's cute Chuyla but we didn't invite you to the big kids table. And just to humour you I would be the last to white knight anything third party, windower/ashita is ban-worthy in the eyes of SE with zero plugins and I've played knowing that for 8 or so years.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 14:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cute Chuyla but we didn't invite you to the big kids table. And just to humour you I would be the last to white knight anything third party, windower/ashita is ban-worthy in the eyes of SE with zero plugins and I've played knowing that for 8 or so years.

He does have a point, though. You can't really say that a piece of gear is irrelevant because you can cheat and not need it. "you don't need movement speed gear to kite, just use clipper", etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 14:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
He does have a point, though. You can't really say that a piece of gear is irrelevant because you can cheat and not need it. "you don't need movement speed gear to kite, just use clipper", etc.

You CAN, and (we) are. After seeing what square did about salvage billions, if you don't cheat now... well... You can have your moral high ground etc.

Who kites anything anyway? When's the last time kiting something was a viable strategy? The only thing moving fast does is let you get to your objective 10 seconds faster.

Can't lie though, it is fun to turn it up fast enough to outrun TP moves.
By Fallfromgrace 2014-11-10 14:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the emergency maintenance fix the unity issues with linkshells? Sorry, been at work all day.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-10 14:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know selective reading is strong on these forums but I did state two vanilla methods that have been used since the dawn of this game.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

You CAN, and (we) are. After seeing what square did about salvage billions, if you don't cheat now... well... You can have your moral high ground etc.

Who kites anything anyway? When's the last time kiting something was a viable strategy? The only thing moving fast does is let you get to your objective 10 seconds faster.

Can't lie though, it is fun to turn it up fast enough to outrun TP moves.

While I get you saying about SE's Lax Cheating Policy, Perhaps not everyone plays on PC.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I know selective reading is strong on these forums but I did state two vanilla methods that have been used since the dawn of this game.

You can also POS lock using a JA ;) (Doesn't always work but does occasionally)
By Chyula 2014-11-10 14:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on pc and I have 0 plugin, hell I don't even play on window mode.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Right and you've now had 3 methods that don't use exploits, and are DOABLE ON A DAMN XBOX AND PS2 EVEN WITH IT'S LIMITATIONS you can still do it.

You can stop Knockback to a certain degree if you're remotely capable of stunning stuff.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can respect that, I used to play the same way. Until being accused of cheating, actually got me to start cheating, so there's that.

It's a gateway drug!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 15:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can respect that, I used to play the same way. Until being accused of cheating, actually got me to start cheating, so there's that.

It's a gateway drug!

I used to respond with "How about you choke on a ***, go GM me who won't prove a thing because guess what, I don't cheat I'M JUST BETTER THAN YOU".

That Always used to upset people... I do however now cheat with the best of them (Gearswap that is)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, the GM actually straight up told me he could see I was using a clipping program. While, playing vanilla, full screened.

So from then on I figured well *** it, if you're gonna make ***up, I'm gonna use it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-10 15:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, the GM actually straight up told me he could see I was using a clipping program. While, playing vanilla, full screened.

So from then on I figured well *** it, if you're gonna make ***up, I'm gonna use it.

Then you should have responded with "I can see you thought Vodka was an acceptable substitute for Milk in your cornflakes this morning, because you sir are obviously drunk of your ***".
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-10 15:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Bleating_Mantle

Ooooh. TA is win.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 15:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the 3 things this whole update worth obtaining~
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-11-10 15:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

that new macc mab belt looks good . any idea where it comes from ?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-10 17:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to be a fool to choose a DT ring over the other options available. You don't need a Perfect Dark ring, Any dark ring is sufficient, as it doesn't take options away from better rings like vocane would.

Just chiming in to agree 100% with Valli.

The only jobs that should remotely consider giving up the significant benefits of the other rings are dedicated tanks (PLD RUN). Since PLD RUN can hit PDT-50% cap without this ring, another PDT ring would be useless to them.

Even if you don't have a PDT- capped set (which you can do even with no D.Ring on either PLD or RUN), or if you're just building DT- set for other jobs where it's not nearly as important, you're gaining at most 2% PDT over (a) Patricius or (b) a not terribly hard to obtain 5% (or better) Dark Ring, and losing other potentially MORE useful stats (Acc+7 on Patricius is pretty helpful, Dark Ring MDT/BDT).

PDT II would have been a very different story, exceeding the 50% cap is a very unique stat. I would have taken PDT II -7% in a heartbeat, and while I probably wouldn't have done it in the end because I'm not a super dedicated tank, I'd have given serious thought to PDT II -3%.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Back to a wall.

Worth noting that this is a particularly bad strategy for a tank if you're using a tank+RNG strategy, since the RNGs need to line up behind the tank for Decoy Shot. The other noted legit strategies above are a lot less consistent, so I can at least see the argument that reduces knockback has some value. Vocane Ring is still not very good though.

Another legit method: just swap into (or even tank in) Repulse Mantle if knockback is a big concern.

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
that new macc mab belt looks good . any idea where it comes from ?

I'd have to assume all of the good looking 119 gear comes from the NMs in the WKR KI locked areas of Cirdas/Gates zones. No idea yet which NMs/zones though...
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-11-10 20:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. Am I supposed to magically know how "Successful Harvesting Attempts x 20 [UC]" works?

It's not giving it to me for harvesting normally. Any ideas?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-10 20:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Be in a party with someone also in a UC, everyone gets credit from who ever's doing it.
 Cerberus.Makira
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-11-10 22:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having really bad party issues? We can get 4, maybe 5 people in a party and then the 6th either just can't be invited, or they magically go into their own alliance. Shutting down and rebooting seems to avoid the alliance thing... but then we can still only make a max PT of 5.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-11-10 23:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep same issue here. Farming ADL with ls and it keeps throwing people into random parties and we have to keep disbanding just to get everyone into the correct party. It wont let us invite them after it messes up until we dissolve the entire alliance. Sometimes when you invite a person it acts like you formed an alliance and puts them into a new party but doesnt give them leader... Not sure what they broke but emergency maintenance incomming (again)~
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11