Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-04 10:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitruya said: »
More mage gear for PUP. Hilarious.
This is nothing new, we still get put on mage gear and that hasn't changed. But at least they always put us on some semi-relevant light armor along with MNK.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 10:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
Body- New piece for those who can't get refresh hairpin or Heka body.

Well its defensive Stats are pretty good considering you give up headwear. It should be "Hair pin and Heka body is for people that can't get the new cloak"

Heka has multi purpose for Cast time though, so Inventory saver.
By Blazed1979 2014-11-04 10:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Most ferocious Notorious monsters while the video shows a 4 man fight against Valkrum Emperor... I'm shivering in my boots...

Kaiser Hairpin - Dex+40 Accuracy +40 Evasion +40, I'm so excited. This will certainly put a dent in falling subscriptions.

Way to go SE!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-04 10:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Well that shield and head/body are from the new NM in the gates, the staff and feet are from unity NM.

1) New nm drops wont (all) be trade able

Hope is better stuff then those.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-04 10:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Quote:

Well its defensive Stats are pretty good considering you give up headwear. It should be "Hair pin and Heka body is for people that can't get the new cloak"

Yeah but you also need Heka HEAD for the refresh which you can trash with the cloak. Unless you for some strange reason need the Head for something else.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah but you also need Heka HEAD for the refresh which you can trash with the cloak. Unless you for some strange reason need the Head for something else.

Well heka body + Head 3 refresh + cast time

Drop head, keep body for casttime - and use body hmmm OR!

Refresh Hairpin + Gendeitha Body +1 with Full PDT augments wins.

:3

Cloak isn't BiS, but BiS is a *** to get cos lol Abyssea Augments.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-04 10:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm... no it does not.

Gende+1 has DEF: 124
Refresh Pin DEF: 0 (derp)
Cloak has DEF: 219

The Cloak has MASSIVE Defense. It has the defense of a whole 119 head included. 95 DEF is usually way more than -4PDT with our current formulas.

For example adding 95 DEF to 800 base DEF would be more than 10% PDT
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 10:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm... no it does not.

Gende+1 has DEF: 124
Refresh Pin DEF: 0 (derp)
Cloak has DEF: 219

The Cloak has MASSIVE Defense. It has the defense of a whole 119 head included. 95 DEF is usually way more than -4PDT with our current formulas.

For example adding 95 DEF to 800 base DEF would be more than 10% PDT

Over simplified math but as we don't know the actual pdif values for nms, ~ its hard, plus Defense has decreasing gains as you increase while DT has increasing as your defense rises.

(100-(PDT+DT))/Defense

Thats the formula I use (was on BG wiki Long time ago) as a rule of thumb. so like ~ 800 defense assuming you can cap PDT with out the body and head augments. Yeah you're right, but are we really prepared to invest that sorta time? :3

Plus you forget... 3 MDT....

[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
Server: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2014-11-04 10:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Actually if u read the JP (google translate :-( ) announcement, it specificly states it consumes unity points to spawn the nm.

Can i just say 'ugh'

A system where the armor bonus depends on your unity rank, which depends on your unity points, which you use to spawn nm? Safe to just assume the minimum unity bonus for each item since if you go spawn an NM you lose your rank! I hope it depends on you points and not your rank, and as long as you have 1000+ points you get the maximum bonus, other wise it just seems pointless.

everyone on the server in the same unity. always rank 1. problem solved? or are they going to force us to split?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-04 11:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha ... you activated my Trap Card ! Cloak also has 6 more MDB over pure Gende body.

Additionally the Statvomit on the Cloak is also increased over a normal 119 piece thus contributing even some more DEF and INT to reduce various damage.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha ... you activated my Trap Card ! Cloak also has 6 more MDB over pure Gende body.

Additionally the Statvomit on the Cloak is also increased over a normal 119 piece thus contributing even some more DEF and INT to reduce various damage.

6 MDB is not equiv to 3 MDT.

100/(100+MDB) x (1-MDT)
So ~

11 MDB on 50% MDT is 55.9% Damage taken from nukes

6 MDB on 50% MDT is approximate only worth 3 MDT however, that's dependent upon you getting 19% MDT from other slots of gear and having the shell+ ring and a WHM with Capped MDT (Youre the whm so probably safe to assume yes)

Defending Ring? Not the easiest to obtain but assume yes, Dark ring and Twilight Torque ~ Easy to maintain cap I guess, but what if you don't have Dark rings with MDT augs / Defending ring? Thats where your stance flops.

Your Trap card needs work.

I've killed 100+ Kind Behemoth (standing joke in my ls sigh) and necer seen the ring. I Doubt its really fair to assume its there.

Dark Rings? Who has time for that !

Serpentes Hands + feet + Nares trew 2x Dark ring @ 6% Each Twilight is 5% so thats ~ 17% 2% MDT short of capping assuming perfect augments. (Yay more augments)...

Considering the idea of this gear is to alleviate some of the grinding for old stuff, this piece depends on it to cap MDT / PDT in other slots while not scraificing Refresh sources.

You're only real argument is Stat Vomit and Meva vs resists, but again you don't know the enfeeble skill / magic accuracy / or the true math behind resist stats + Magic Evasion from a Monsets to player view to really gauge that. Monsters PDif may not even work like ours, like stealing their tp mid ws doesn't stop them TPing on you, but it does to us.

The only real instance you worry about Turtle sets is when you're tanking, in this instance you would go full Defense / PDT mode and not use this at all, when not in this situation, you'd use the best refresh pieces available, which this is only if you don't have Heka body. Heka body also gives your other mages a form of fastcast between nukes (You're a WHM not a DD so get your head out of your *** if you are loling at providing support) which is another win ~ plus the Cast time - on Heka is still the dominant part of using it, argument is what? Have -2 Inventory anyways but then have slightly higher Defense on Idle set for True refresh while not giving Party Fastcast ~ vs what?

if you don't have Heka~ then Yay its a nice equalizer on Idle.

If you do, it's probably not worth anything to you really.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-04 11:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There also is Slipor Sash -3MDT -3MDB to use if you aren't below 50% MP for Fuchi-No-Obi.

And like I mentioned you also gain 26 INT to lower the monsters dINT for Nukes.

However my condolences on the D.Ring droprate. To offset your bad luck there must have been a few Eminence players born to go 1/1.

As for the DEFENSE part you should take a look at this post:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/32/#2416236
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 11:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There also is Slipor Sash -3MDT -3MDB to use if you aren't below 50% MP for Fuchi-No-Obi.

And like I mentioned you also gain 26 INT to lower the monsters dINT for Nukes.

However my condolences on the D.Ring droprate. To offset your back luck there must have been a few Eminence players born to go 1/1.

As for the DEFENSE part you should take a look at this post:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/32/#2416236

Hmm guess not reading lolmnk threads was an error on my part! But I hate you for reminding me about Eminent players...

And yeah Slipor Sash works assuming Perfect/near perfect augs.. if you don't have those then I guess it depends on your situation as to whether you want to carry a piece for 3 MDT and 5 PDT and what gearing options you have.

For a Perfect set.. Yes that is BiS if you have the inventory (which is really the main issue I guess).
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-11-04 11:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, going to Beat SoA and then i'm taking a long FF11 break and hope that more substantial content comes out in the next few months.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-04 11:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll look into it. But I hate you for reminding me about Eminent players...

I once was in your spot seeing all the baddies get their Dring. Luckily a night of worshipping SE finally brought the release.

Than being said, it has been a pleasure to bounce ideas and math off you. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I once was in your spot seeing all the baddies get their Dring. Luckily a night of worshipping SE finally brought the release.

Than being said, it has been a pleasure to bounce ideas and math off you. Thank you.

I wasn't aware of the testing and table Mote posted, had I seen it I'd have agreed with you :3 I don't Monk or DD much (Sam is bandwagon so doesn't count and I can't MNK since they made Black Belts obsolete)....

The next Eminent player screenshot of a D.Ring 1/1 is going to have me follow them in game calling them gimp for a year.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 12:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Basically, going to Beat SoA and then i'm taking a long FF11 break and hope that more substantial content comes out in the next few months.

Unlikely.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 12:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware of the testing and table Mote posted, had I seen it I'd have agreed with you :3 I don't Monk or DD much (Sam is bandwagon so doesn't count and I can't MNK since they made Black Belts obsolete)....

The next Eminent player screenshot of a D.Ring 1/1 is going to have me follow them in game calling them gimp for a year.

Crappy players with crappy gear getting super lucky isn't a new thing. I gave up caring what other people have a long time ago. Generally speaking, most players don't have a clue how to actually play their jobs outside of perfect circumstances and rarely utilize the gear they have.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-04 12:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay on topic. This is not about defending ring drop rate.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-04 12:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Stay on topic. This is not about defending ring drop rate.

It's always about the D.Ring.

It's more about ~ Current drops vs Required gear for Sets.

I'm sorry if that was a Large jump for you but for the rest of mankind that's half a step to think gear + sets goes together and then arguing parts of a set are not viable for the majority of people.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-11-04 12:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's Maury when u need some nasa for this new wanted ish
By Blazed1979 2014-11-04 12:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wants Cerb's Nasa or Arenz let me know, you can have it for free.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-11-04 13:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed 100+ Kind Behemoth (standing joke in my ls sigh) and necer seen the ring. I Doubt its really fair to assume its there.

Dark Rings? Who has time for that !

While Kind Behemoth might have a sunny disposition , unfortunately he does not drop the ring, it would be his almighty father the King Behemoth which would hold this treasure your friend Necer has claimed to have seen. In short, please farm those dark rings, you prob need them.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-04 13:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Would be awesome if they added a couple of 24 hour windows with sick drops as well.
Please go away.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-04 13:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
If anyone wants Cerb's Nasa or Arenz let me know, you can have it for free.
if anyone considers those worth using in 2014, let me know, you can have a frontal lobotomy for free
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-04 14:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway...what's up with that jp traits thing? I never saw mention of it before these notes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-04 14:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Would be awesome if they added a couple of 24 hour windows with sick drops as well.
Please go away.
Sorry, I didn't actually mean "24 hour window". I misphrased that. I meant NM's that spawned once a day. Like King Arthro.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-07 06:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44947

CHOICES
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-07 07:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 ring slots damnit, at least let me pick 2 ._.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11