Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 110 111 112
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-15 08:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said: »
you are going to need 26 to cap.
Worth noting that with Hasso, capped magic haste and max Wyvern level, you only need 17% gear haste. I don't play DRG though, so dunno if y'all are subbing SAM or WAR these days.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-15 10:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Worth noting that with Hasso, capped magic haste and max Wyvern level, you only need 17% gear haste. I don't play DRG though, so dunno if y'all are subbing SAM or WAR these days.
That's an excellent point. While I was aware that DRG could overcap haste now and at time use that to change buffs, I haven't actually looked into what changes could be made to TP set when overcapping haste.

Although, the gearswap coding for determining when you're at that level of haste could be a bit of a pain in the ***... IIRC, Haste and Haste II are indistinguishable as far as buffactive is concerned. Same with Indi-haste vs entrusted indi-haste. Some pretty significant potency differences there.

In anycase, the first thing to do is check if there are some worthwhile swaps to be made by dropping haste. Coding can come after seeing if there's a point in doing so.

Thanks for pointing that out.
By Blazed1979 2016-05-15 11:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
That's an excellent point. While I was aware that DRG could overcap haste now and at time use that to change buffs, I haven't actually looked into what changes could be made to TP set when overcapping haste.

Although, the gearswap coding for determining when you're at that level of haste could be a bit of a pain in the ***... IIRC, Haste and Haste II are indistinguishable as far as buffactive is concerned. Same with Indi-haste vs entrusted indi-haste. Some pretty significant potency differences there.

In anycase, the first thing to do is check if there are some worthwhile swaps to be made by dropping haste. Coding can come after seeing if there's a point in doing so.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Come to the DRK threads, we've been doing this for years.
(DRKs school DRGs, again XD)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-15 11:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is the kinda crap I'm gonna hear in DRK threads I'll pass on that one.

Moving along...

The reason I haven't thought much about regearing for overcapped haste, is that with the standardized haste on ilvl gear, you pretty much cap regardless of what you wear(the the exception of the belt slot, but I'm already aware of the potential swaps there.) Until Sulevia's that is. Now we have a low haste, high acc/atk set where having some room to drop haste is actually useful. The head is an immediate improvement for AM3 up RYU TP, unless you have a spectacularly augmented Valorous mask. Hands and legs should be solid AM3 down options.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 11:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The head is an immediate improvement for AM3 up RYU TP, unless you have a spectacularly augmented Valorous mask. Hands and legs should be solid AM3 down options.

It's worth noting that the hands actually only have 1% less haste than most other worthwhile options you might use. And it's worth mentioning that I don't think you can simultaneously get that much atk and acc AND stp on Valorous Mask without Dark Matter, so it's a really fantastic option for high stp builds so long as you don't need the haste. You also would have to roll perfect atk and acc AND double attack to match Sulevia+1 hands, now that I think about it. Unless you also rolled Dex or Str on them, but this is way too much work.

Those two pieces in particular are quite good. Valorous Legs can get up to 8 double attack on them, but will lag behind in acc/atk(probably) so picking between the two can be a bit trickier.
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-15 12:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Gorath said: »
ItemSet 343520

This is my current set. JSE Weapon after update is very nice with Acc+70 and STP+. I also have Rhompaia from Hanbi and kinda struggling to choose between two.
Suleiva+1 seems to be very good but lacking Haste and STP. Should i try to substitute some pieces with Valorous?

if you're gearing on the cheap, a Gracile Grip and the +1 belt from Emperor Arthro Unity will get you a combined 13% haste without needing to pay an arm and a leg for a Tempus Fugit.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-15 14:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep trollish, insulting behavior out of guide threads.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-22 06:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This was with minimal buffs. Chaos/Fighters Roll from Qultada and no Dia III since he opened with Breakga and nailed King of Hearts. A solo 4-step with the Trishula can do some pretty impressive numbers in a short space of time.

Trishula is a very fun toy to use, you can do things like that or just get AM 1 or 2 up and chain together Darkness skillchains using your best WS. Have yet to test it with Indi-Fury and Geo-Frailty though.
[+]
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-06-16 02:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko, I just got trishula today not really a drg player but going to start gearing. Can you tell me what weapon skill you use from tp1000- tp 3000. To make level 4 renken? Thank you
By Tyrael 2016-06-30 15:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for advice on which polearm to get. Anyone know what the top 3 non-RMEA would be? Thanks.
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-30 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyrael said: »
Looking for advice on which polearm to get. Anyone know what the top 3 non-RMEA would be? Thanks.
Habile Mezrak
Lembling
Reisenjima T2 Polearm
 Asura.Rodolfo
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2016-07-20 10:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Tyrael said: »
Habile Mezrak
Lembling
Reisenjima T2 Polearm

Hey man would you mind posting/pm your tp sets for Aeonic DRG? Wondering what pieces are needed that i don't have so I can supplement. Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-07-21 09:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

sub="Bloodrain Strap",
ammo="Ginsen",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'"Store TP"+8','DEX+9','Accuracy+8','Attack+9',}},
neck="lissome necklace",
ear1="cessance earring",
ear2="brutal earring",
body="Peltast's Plackart +1",
hands={ name="Emicho Gauntlets", augments={'HP+50','DEX+10','Accuracy+15',}},
ring1="petrov Ring",
ring2="Rajas Ring",
back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
waist="ioskeha belt",
legs={ name="Acro Breeches", augments={'Accuracy+23','"Store TP"+6','DEX+9',}},
feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+17 Attack+17','"Store TP"+3','DEX+5','Accuracy+15','Attack+15',}},

4hit tp sub war
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-07-21 09:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

CHENGMIKEY said: »
Ruaumoko, I just got trishula today not really a drg player but going to start gearing. Can you tell me what weapon skill you use from tp1000- tp 3000. To make level 4 renken? Thank you

You just need 2000tp aftermath and double Stardiver for Umbra

1000tp and double Camlann's for Radiance
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-25 02:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The power of the Trishula. Absolutely one of the strongest Aeonic weapons.

TL;DR WS/SC #'s

TP and WS set.

Larger picture.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-07-25 06:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I got some question: why nephete? i still prefere acc + from bloodrain strap. Why not petrov ring? And what sub job do you was?
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-25 06:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
Nice! I got some question: why nephete? i still prefere acc + from bloodrain strap. Why not petrov ring? And what sub job do you was?
Whenever I am in Escha/Reisenjima I am pushing nearly 1300 accuracy in my low accuracy build (vorseals), with a Fighter's Drink and Hasso or Aggressor I am well over minimal required accuracy to hit most T1 and T2. Nepenthe+1 has more Store TP but more importantly more Attack for Stardiver. Bloodrain is of course great and I still use it on DRK as it has serious accuracy issues but I seldom have same issues on DRG.

Petrov for WS you mean? I guess so but I'm quite fond of Rufescent for higher STR. I could make that adjustment.

This was /WAR.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-07-25 10:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrov for tp. You will lose just 2 attack for 1% da. for ws maybe ifrit ring +1 would beat rufescent?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-25 15:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

He has Petrov in his TP set, unless that was just recently added. Any chance you're thinking of Pernicious? That's the 4 STP 1 DA ring.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-07-25 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My fault! rajas for tp would be better, it give 5 dex more than kyares
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-25 21:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
My fault! rajas for tp would be better, it give 5 dex more than kyares
I prefer the HP+70 to be honest, too much stuff can pull a '*** you' card out these days and near 1-shot you. I like having more HP.
 Lakshmi.Ipsen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tyrael
By Lakshmi.Ipsen 2016-07-31 16:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of augments should i be looking for on Reienkyo?
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-31 18:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ipsen said: »
What kind of augments should i be looking for on Reienkyo?
STR
Acc/Att
Double Attack
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-08 15:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Been working on the updated DRG DPS Spreadsheet and I'm almost done. Here's what's new:

• Added Job Points, Gifts, Cheers, Geomancy, Vorseals, Crystalline Blessing, Honor March, a general Evasion Down category for monsters, and a DPS Winner section to compare Set 1 to Set 2 on the Setup page.

• Revamped Gear Lists to remove anything under iLvl 114-119 (except 109 AF/Relic/Empy) from Weapons and Armor and removed a ton of junk accessories that no one would ever use or that don't improve melee damage in any way. Also included "None" as an option for any slot other than weapon.

• Every piece of equipment now uses its full name unless it's just way too long.

• Any gear with fixed augment paths have their final paths, though Abjuration and Xaddi don't have unaugmented pieces. HQ sky gear is fully functional.

• Any gear with random augments ONLY has the base piece right now, with the exception of Updraft Mantle and any Sinister Reign gear. The BLU DPS Spreadsheet has 58 copies of Herculean gear per slot and it's a nightmare to look at.

• Brigantia's Mantle augments include [STR/DEX]+30, Acc/Att+20, [Crit/DA/Haste/STP/WSD]+10, which is ten capes in all plus an eleventh with nothing on it.

• Jump: Double Attack and Jump: Accuracy categories have been added to the Data tab; gear is recognized by name, so you won't need to manually touch this. Also added stuff like Hetairoi Ring's bonus damage, Composer's equipment's song bonuses, Rhongomiant AG's improved aftermath, Trishula's 5/5 Stardiver, etc. I might add WS Acc as its own parameter later, but for now just use the appropriate item version for anything that has it.

• Added Apex Bat Lv136 and Warder of Courage to the Targets list. Obviously a number of the stats are estimated, but Apex Def/Eva are solid. Also reduced Tojil's Defense 'cause 1900 is wrong as ***. I'll get around to adding more targets in a bit.

There's more to do however. Some of these are things I can't change since I'm using the free version of Excel:

• I can't add drop-down lists or restrictions, and can't resize/add columns in Equipment tabs. The Setup page has a few commented blocks in the meantime for the former. I won't be publicly releasing the spreadsheet until this is fixed.

• Gungnir AG's Aftermath effects are currently listed as part of its base stats right now.

• Fotia Gorget/Belt's Retain TP property hasn't been included yet.

• Onca Suit can be used without any restriction to Hands/Legs/Feet.

• Founder's Breastplate's damage augment property isn't in, probably won't be for a while until I do some more testing.

• Still missing a bunch of miscellaneous party buffs/debuffs like Savagery Warcry, Collaborator, Impact, Mighty Guard, Carcharian Verve, probably others.

• A number of things are shared between both sets, like food choice and base stat bonuses. There's also no restriction on area/event bonuses between Abyssea, Voidwatch, Adoulin, and Escha. Both are issues from the original sheet and I probably won't fix 'em until after everything else for now.

Eventually I'll be rewriting the guide as well, but that'll be after the DPS sheet is released. Anyone with the full version of Excel who's able and willing to help with the drop-downs and restrictions, send me a PM and I can send you the file.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-08 16:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

58 is probably being conservative, honestly. Damn random augments.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-08-08 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GJ Braden i'm waiting this!
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-28 17:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

*** this mouse, keeps clicking back and deleting my post. Anyways, the DRG Spreadsheet is done:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsoccv08ctxfarv/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20DRG.xlsx?dl=0

Comments, errors, whatevers, send em my way.

Next up is the DRG Guide, which is desperately in need of an overhaul:
  • Fewer or better utilized images. Maybe a mobile-friendly version with just text.

• No garbage like "DRG does less damage than Job X, but we have Angon!" or "*shakes fist at SE*". More focus on concrete advantages/disadvantages rather than what's hip.

• A big section for popular skillchain options when paired with other jobs.

• Gear sets updated to include stuff beyond January 2015, as well as more set options depending on availability. Avoiding non-iLvl stuff entirely.

• Including a Beginner's GearSwap file. Won't have Mote's includes and generally covers enough for someone unfamiliar with GS and .lua to get going.

• Better thread name. Suggestions open now, I'm very picky though.

(pictures of dragons or polearm users from Your Favorite Thing are totally welcome)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 110 111 112