Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 110 111 112
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-03-20 22:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i did not see it covered in the guide but about the AF helm for triggering healing breath in defensive mode, does the 119 helm offer a better trigger on that or is it still 50% hp?
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-03-20 22:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Still 50/33 as the original.

Also seldom mentioned: wyverns won't heal another player's trusts, only their master's.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-03-20 22:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/whm or sch they sure do cure others.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-04-07 05:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

we really need to implements this guide ; ;
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-04-09 06:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ok since set are really hold on guide i decide to post mine here. I hope you all will comment this with suggest and emplement. I'm focus more on Acc set for Reisenjima content.

Here it come:

ItemSet 342603

This is my main Tp set for Ryunohige. I focused a lot for 3 hit post ws. As i wrote you need 90 stp to be sure on ALWAYS 3 hit tp post ws (even on camlann whic give 19-20 tp). Who don't have Mythic shoud focus on DA on valorous piece. Peltast body should be changed with valorous body for not mythic owner.

JUMP, HIGH JUMP, SPIRIT JUMP, SOUL JUMP SET

ItemSet 343003

ItemSet 339008

ItemSet 339009

ItemSet 343002

Non-Mythic owner should don't focus on crit dmg + on jump but on DA TA QA. Acc on jump is a must cause more acc= more tp= more ws. On comment there are some suggest to make it functional.

WS SET:

Drakesbane

ItemSet 343020

Camlann's

ItemSet 343021

Stardiver

ItemSet 318575

Steady Wing: Why a set for steady wing you'd say. Well, keep wyvern alive is a priority for a Dragoon becouse the haste 10% + and att 10%+. Steady wing is only affected by wyvern hp. Optimal set should be this:

ItemSet 343019

Last but not least are Healing Breath and Offensive Breath set.
Formula for these are=

HP Recovered = [[(Wyvern HP)*(Breath Multiplier)] + Healing Breath Base ]

Breath Multiplier = Σ(Healing Breath Value + Enhances Breath Equipment + Deep Breathing Modifier).

Since i didn't understood well this formula i still don't know if it is better increase wyvern hp or Breath +. my set atm is:

ItemSet 339010

I will not post DT or Iddle gear but if you want i can add these later.

Really sorry for bad english i hope i didn't too much mistake and i would be glad if you post your opinion and your suggest.

Very Thankfull for your patience and attention *.*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Artemisio
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artemisio 2016-04-09 07:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple non-trivial and exhaustive . I really like to have given alternatives to those who still does not have a mytich or is working . Great Alex . The best dragoon.I've ever seen!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-09 07:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll reserve comment on the DD sets till I have time to run them through the DPS sheet.

However, regarding the Breath set.

This really should be split into separate Healing Breath and Elemental breath sets.

Healing Breath uses Max wyvern HP in the formula, thus WHP+ is useful to swap in. However, Elemental Breaths use Current Wyvern HP. So in order for WHP+ swaps to have any effect, you'd have to swap the WHP+ in, then cure your wyvern without changing gear, and then use a breath. This doesn't work so well for post WS breaths.

For Elemental breaths, you need to focus on Breath+ and Pet:Magic acc. Like so.
ItemSet 335141
Acro can be augmented with Breath+8, and Pet:Magic ACC +25. Augmenting 4/5 Acro this way makes for a Huge M.Acc/breath dmg boost for wyvern breaths.

the Macc Aug on Briganita's would also help, but I won't be able to squeeze an extra cape in for that for a few months. TP and WS capes come first.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-04-09 08:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Martel i wished your comment! and yes i agree about the cape. I hope you'll find time to run it for more comment, really interested in your opinion!
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-04-09 10:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'll reserve comment on the DD sets till I have time to run them through the DPS sheet.

Speaking of, do we have an up-to-date spreadsheet floating around? Or at least partially updated with JPs/Gifts and whatever else was changed mechanically since 2014?
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-02 06:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
Question on gearing for Jump/High Jump and when to use them. I am a non-Mythic DRG and I seldom have issues keeping my Wyvern alive. Is there actually any situation when Jump and High Jump are worth using over Spirit Jump and Soul Jump while your Wyvern is alive? The set I was looking at for Jump in particular is this.

ItemSet 343499
Accuracy+32 Attack+30 Store TP+8 on the Valorous Mask.
Accuracy+30 Attack+25 Store TP+6 on the Valorous Hose.

Or, will this set be superior?
ItemSet 343500

Is it worth losing the Jump TP Bonus in exchange for some more Accuracy and Double Attack? Or should I work a toggle into my Lua for switching between the two?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-02 07:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

High Jump can be useful if you find yourself desperate to shed hate without Super Jump, but Jump with a wyvern out is meh.

I recommend trying to keep your accuracy on Jumps consistent with your meleeing set (or sets if you have a toggle in GearSwap). The Jump TP Bonus pieces in general aren't good without Spirit Surge active compared to other options boasting good accuracy and DA/STP.
[+]
 Bahamut.Gorath
Server: Bahamut
user: Gorath
By Bahamut.Gorath 2016-05-03 01:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm new Dragoon, just got to 99. I'm trying to understand if augmenting Wyvern breath is worth it. What numbers should i expect with decent gear on Healing and Elemental Breath?
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-05-03 08:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
Question on gearing for Jump/High Jump and when to use them. I am a non-Mythic DRG and I seldom have issues keeping my Wyvern alive. Is there actually any situation when Jump and High Jump are worth using over Spirit Jump and Soul Jump while your Wyvern is alive? The set I was looking at for Jump in particular is this.

ItemSet 343499
Accuracy+32 Attack+30 Store TP+8 on the Valorous Mask.
Accuracy+30 Attack+25 Store TP+6 on the Valorous Hose.

Or, will this set be superior?
ItemSet 343500

Is it worth losing the Jump TP Bonus in exchange for some more Accuracy and Double Attack? Or should I work a toggle into my Lua for switching between the two?

I prefere maeneadic for high jump for acc/DA. Since you shouldn't have problem to keep alive wyvern in low content you should focus on acc for Jump/High Jump.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-05-03 08:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Gorath said: »
Hello, I'm new Dragoon, just got to 99. I'm trying to understand if augmenting Wyvern breath is worth it. What numbers should i expect with decent gear on Healing and Elemental Breath?

My wyvern with decent/not maxed gear while i was testing heal me 1.4k hp after Lvl up
By Yeno7 2016-05-06 00:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone has idea how much DA % the JP gives with the wyvern attribute boost?
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-05-06 04:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

should be 5% with 5lvl up and 100 jp, 15% with 1200jp and 5 lvl up
By Yeno7 2016-05-07 14:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but has to be a lvl up by killing stuff or the spirit link will max it out?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-07 14:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way works, it's no different than the boost to Att/Def/Haste.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 15:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeno7 said: »
Ok, but has to be a lvl up by killing stuff or the spirit link will max it out?
Spirit link will gain the wyvern 200 experience(one level) per merit in Empathy. Max wyvern bonus is 5, so 5/5 Empathy will max the wyvern out in a single spirit link.
By Yeno7 2016-05-07 15:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Good thing I did 5/5 empathy
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 00:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearing up advice needed.
ItemSet 343588

ItemSet 343590
Otomi/Ekjemal are both augmented with STR +8
Acro Breeches are Augmented with STR +5, ATT +6, DA +3

I also have an STP/OAT Kuakuakait for things with low accuracy requirements.

I still need to go through WotG, Adoulin and RoV mission lines. I need VW clears for Camlaan's Torment and possibly gear. I only have Ceizack Delve cleared. I believe I need Vagary Clears for Empyrean reforging. High Tier Battlefields haven't been touched yet. All reforging I've done so far is from sparks. RoV content hasn't been touched, with Zi'Tah as my only open zone so far.

I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting/don't know about.

I've got a Gungnir in the works, because it's just super chill grinding as far as currency is concerned. And it's simultaneously a source of gil.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-08 02:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can upgrade your Sniper's Ring to an Enlivened Ring for 10k Sparks if you want a pinch of extra accuracy right off the bat.

If you've got the time between now and Tuesday morning, some Ambuscade would be great. You probably won't earn enough hallmarks for a full Sulevia's +1 set (14500 Hallmarks), but you can definitely snag the NQ set (1050 Hallmarks) before points are reset. Should be a big upgrade to your WS set (except head in capped acc situations) and can function as a melee set if you're willing to ditch the Windbuffet. Alternatively, makes for great idle/DT gear.

ItemSet 343593

You probably won't be able to finish one in time, but Brigantia's Mantle can be augmented with stats along the lines of STR+20 Att+20 Acc+20 DA+10% or DEX+20 Att+20 Acc+20 StoreTP+10 or whatever you want. You can only buy the mantle once per month, but you can get the materials to fully cap two separate capes; if DRG is all you care about, you could buy a plain cape now and finish two next month. Or spend hallmarks on currency, also good.

Try to make as much progress as you can in RoV missions. Not only is most of the best current equipment from those three zones, you're getting all sorts of bonuses to stuff like EXP/CP, skill-ups, trust party slots, Curio Moogle supplies, and random stuff like bottomless Dynamiseses. Worth doing even if you hit a wall.

3 AM so I'm kinda rambly but don't be afraid to ask for help, both for advice here and from friends in-game. Can't find friends? They're out there, get to lookin. Or move to Sylph. Sylph fo lyphe.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 02:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Your name looked familiar. I'm in doodles as well.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-05-08 02:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Just, different name and all.
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-08 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

a cape can be finished in a couple days provided you have people willing to let you bum through some VD. normal would likely be within your grasp provided you have some decent trusts, but that is 65 rounds and tedious as hell. the cape WILL serve you well though, so take that into account. Bleating Mantle should likely be soloable with some trusts and is a fast step up from Atheling. if you can get a hand, the Despair Armor Set would provide a substantial bang for your buck, and not totally screw you on Haste. sprinkle in some Sulevia and you are sitting pretty well for just getting back. you're gonna need a new pokey stick, but I don't think I can recommend dealing with Oboro due to the cost.while I THINK that one from Escha Zi'tah or Unity might hold you for a while while you finish Gungnir, I cannot say what might be best for you (SE throws SO MANY polearms at me from random ***, and I just send them to a mule or the ground....) Dragoon got the short end of the stick when it comes to the Abjuration gear, as the Emicho set is largely just "OK". you do not need to be in any hurry for it, save the Emicho Gloves being a very solid TP piece. getting your Vagary clears is going to be important because you're going to want to 119 your Empyrean body ASAP (even at 109, it is likely going to be your best, easiest to obtain option). for the most part, once you have access to them, you're just going to want to get Escha gear and start on the random augments treadmill ASAP. Accessories like Petrov Ring, Cessance Earring, etc from Ru'Aun T1s are going to boost you and Ginsen from Tenzen Battlefield will let you ditch Hagneia Stone.

as was already stated, try to hurry through Rhapsodies stuff ASAP, because in addition to gaining access to the last two Escha areas (and the gear available therein), there are KI and such that will make other stuff easier. at the very least, access to additional trusts is a big deal, and you are going to want all the XP/CP bonuses you can get. if you are going to be at this mostly solo, I suggest joining Apururu or Yoran-Oran for unity, they're both WHM and far better than your run of the mill WHM Trusts.

Camlann's will be nice to have for potential SC uses, but your bread and butter is going to be Stardiver. I would say that is a lower priority to getting your content cleared so that you have access to everything. Sinister Reign does not offer much for Dragoon, but might be worth looking into if you play other jobs, so once you finish SoA, that may or may not be worth your time. make sure your DRG relevant Merits are all capped (HP/MP, STR, DEX, etc)
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-08 12:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »

well don't I feel silly

If you're around today or tomorrow and don't mind basically watching me solo Very Difficult, we can do some Ambuscades. Takes 4 runs for full NQ Sulevia, 49 for full HQ.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 13:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Sylph.Cherche said: »

well don't I feel silly

If you're around today or tomorrow and don't mind basically watching me solo Very Difficult, we can do some Ambuscades. Takes 4 runs for full NQ Sulevia, 49 for full HQ.
Oh, yeah I'm cool with that if you don't mind the leeching.
 Bahamut.Gorath
Server: Bahamut
user: Gorath
By Bahamut.Gorath 2016-05-15 07:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 343520

This is my current set. JSE Weapon after update is very nice with Acc+70 and STP+. I also have Rhompaia from Hanbi and kinda struggling to choose between two.
Suleiva+1 seems to be very good but lacking Haste and STP. Should i try to substitute some pieces with Valorous?
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2016-05-15 08:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

First priority is to cap haste, you only have 10 haste in that set, you are going to need 26 to cap. If you are going to use full Sulevia you are going to need the 14haste belt and maybe a haste grip or something. But yes shoot for valorous augmented with DA/STP mix match.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 110 111 112