Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 110 111 112
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2016-08-28 19:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a version for Open Office?
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-28 19:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If the functions are the same, I can do it sometime tomorrow. Otherwise it'll take a little bit.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2016-08-29 11:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, Libreoffice opened the spreadsheet fine and it appeared to function normally.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-29 14:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah looks like OpenOffice should be able to open .xlsx files just fine as well. If for some reason it doesn't work, lemme know.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-08-30 10:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It might just be my version of open office, but all of the damage calculations give me Err:511

Quote:
511 | Missing variable | The function requires more variables than are provided, e.g. AND() and OR() without parameter.

I imagine fixing that is rather time consuming and would require an entirely separate download?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-30 13:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't be able to fix it until tomorrow. Does it say where the error is?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-08-30 14:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll dig around once the spreadsheet loads. It takes a good while on Open Office.
 Ragnarok.Kiger
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kiger
By Ragnarok.Kiger 2016-08-30 14:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any difference if you use this version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz0zoikbhnebux3/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20DRG.ods?dl=0
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-08-30 15:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Err:501 - Invalid Character
Err:522 - Circular Reference
#N/A - Value not available

Basically replaced the Err:511 from the other document with the above.

That said, this version loaded significantly faster.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-31 19:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I really hate OpenOffice now. Here's what went wrong in the file conversion:

• FLOOR() functions were placed with com.microsoft.floor() for some reason even though FLOOR is already in OpenOffice and that second thing isn't.

• Any formulas with line breaks in them were truncated at the line break, which caused the 511 errors.

• Every single Name is no longer associated with its original page but instead uses its cell's current page.

The first thing is a quick fix, the second and third are a bit tedious. I'm not sure if there's just a box to be checked when converting .xlsx to .ods or if OpenOffice is actually that dumb, but if this is working as intended, I'm not gonna bother.

If LibreOffice is working fine, try that. Or use the free version of Excel. The paid version isn't necessary unless you're trying to modify locked cells and restrictions.
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-09-21 07:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a good DRG GearSwap I could take a look at or have a copy off?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-21 23:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an extremely basic DRG GearSwap I made in about 10 minutes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdrejjx5arthk8p/DRG_Basic.lua?dl=0
* This file should be saved as /Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/DRG.lua

- It has no toggles or commands, one idle set, one TP set, one WS set for all WS, and one Jump set for all Jumps. Also has a Precast, Midcast, and Breath set.
- Each JA has its own set with examples of gear to use in said sets.
- Attempting to use Spirit or Soul Jump without a wyvern will automatically return a Jump or High Jump respectively.
- Disables Dismiss when your wyvern is below 100% HP.
- Displays a message in chat when your wyvern is killed or when cancelling Dismiss.

I'd go into more depth with it, but a GearSwap file is like a macro set; you can get a foundation or examples, but the real deal is best made by yourself. This is basically for people with zero understanding of GearSwap or with few gear options.
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-09-22 02:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, I have an understanding of GearSwap which I wrote for most of my other jobs. The Breath and Jump bits will be very helpful.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2016-09-23 02:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently working on Trisula, only Reis left to clear. Here is my current TP set, and augments on each piece (it's being based off the fact that I'll be using Trishula:

ItemSet 346478

Head: acc/attk +20. mag acc/mab +1, qa +1, pet mag acc +1, da +4
Hands: acc +39, attk +19, mac acc/mab +3, da +4
Back: str +30, acc/attk +20, da +10

*Note: Gear haste is under cap, however eventually I will be going to Emicho Hands/Legs +1 once i find HQ pieces and be doing
Hands: Path B
Legs: Path D
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-23 11:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're actually at 27% gear haste with that set. Not that it necessarily matters depending on buffs, but yeah.

I recommend against TPing in Emicho Hose. Neither version has any Store TP or Double/Triple Attack, and even with the HQ you'll only be getting 25 Accuracy from Path D (or 29 from B). Even the set bonus from using Emicho +1 Hands is worse than the 3% TA from Sulevia's.
By Ruaumoko 2016-09-27 05:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are looking to solo some stuff on DRG and need some pointers (if any of you do) I've begun recording and uploading videos of my solo fights to YouTube.

I can already see I've made a few mistakes as far as recording goes. The audio is low because I had in-game audio set likewise, so use earphones for now I guess. Also, I have a pretty high resolution on this laptop so viewing the videos in full-screen will be better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2016-10-04 13:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished my Trishula last night, is /sam still the subjob of choice? Or /war with a 5hit? Haven't played the job much in the last year or so.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-04 16:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is more flexible, but WAR can offer a boost depending on your other buffs and the duration of your fights. Keep in mind that you'll want capped gear haste anytime your wyvern is the only source of ability haste.

Also note that /WAR 4-hits are very attainable, especially with Trishula.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-10-04 18:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Braden, can you show you're gear set? TP/WS set plz for 4 hit. Thank you
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-04 20:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting from my phone, can't recall specific Valorous augments:

ItemSet 346750
DEX+30/STP+10 cape, Valorous stuff has DEX/STP, path B Emicho. This TP set is for without AM3.

ItemSet 346751
STR+30/DA+10 cape, Valorous stuff has STR/DA, path A/B Emicho when I remember to change it (usually B 'cause it's also for my extreme accuracy set).

Everytime I look at my gear I'm mostly reminded of how much I hate Reisenjima augmenting.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-10-04 20:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-10-04 22:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is a noob question. Does spirit link give the Drg anything (JA haste...etc) if you have to fight in a battlefield setting (like SR, ambu...etc)? I am asking because I can't get much info on leveling up the wyvern. I can I farm the exp somewhere before doing those battles?
By fillerbunny9 2016-10-04 23:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Sorry if this is a noob question. Does spirit link give the Drg anything (JA haste...etc) if you have to fight in a battlefield setting (like SR, ambu...etc)? I am asking because I can't get much info on leveling up the wyvern. I can I farm the exp somewhere before doing those battles?

Spirit Link gives your Wyvern XP provided you have merits into Empathy. 5/5 will max your Wyvern with a single Spirit Link, thus giving you the maximum bonuses from it.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-04 23:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirit Link gives your wyvern 200 EXP for every merit you have in Empathy, which essentially means every Empathy merit is actually a merit for Haste+2%, Attack+4%, Defense+4%, and eventually Double Attack+3%. This bonus is reset anytime you change areas, gain or lose the Level Cap status (which includes starting AND ending Unity/Escha NMs), or lose your wyvern for any reason (including Spirit Surge).

Since you can't gain reliably gain 1000 EXP in the middle of a BCNM or Escha fight, you're pretty much required to have 5/5 Empathy merits and use Spirit Link at the beginning of every fight, recast permitting.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-10-05 13:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, as a side note, Spirit Link also drains 50% of the Wyvern's current TP and gives it to you. great for when you want to get an AM3 effect back up.
By Bamboom 2016-10-09 00:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back after a long break, is Ryu still the top polearm or is the new Aeonic a better option?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-09 01:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Situational like all things FFXI, but here's a rundown:

Gungnir: Excels when other weapons would be below about 80% hit rate, but starts falling behind as you approach 95%. Geirskogul is great if you really want a 2-step Darkness with a Gravitation WS like Blade: Ten, Leaden Salute, or that one Polearm thing, but it's not very strong on its own. The most straightforward and well-rounded option, and the cheapest of the non-Aeonics.

Ryunohige: Always wins when using Drakesbane primarily and generally wins when your multihits without AM3 are below 50%-ish (Fighter's Roll is usually the difference maker). Best for Spirit Surge and generally the best when opening or continuing SCs. Prettiest.

Rhongomiant: Extremely reliant on AM3 white damage with next to nothing else going for it, but the effect is so strong it actually manages to keep up with and occasionally surpass its competition. Best in situations where you're generally saving or losing TP more than spamming WS. 50 VIT just might save your life one day. Be the first!

Trishula: The best weapon for our best WS, and not just for spamming. Extending Darkness is huge, assuming Darkness/Umbra damage is worthwhile or possible. Lackluster raw damage when not using fTP-scaling WS. Radiance on Camlann's is a pain to repeat in a group and potentially worse than having stronger Camlanns/Drakesbanes with double Light. Generally best for closing SCs. I strongly advise making one if you've got Aeonic access.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-11 09:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG DPS Spreadsheet updated for October 2016. Reminder that the download link is in the top right corner of the page under an ellipsis [...] button.

- ADDED: Flamma and Flamma +1 Armor sets
- FIXED: Sword Madrigal now receives the correct bonus when Madrigal+ is set to 6
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-11 10:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the Flamma +1 set look overall?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-11 14:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Head: Hard to beat this with Valorous when TPing, but for WS it should be a bit easier. Best piece in the set.

Body: Essentially Empy Body 119 -1 and probably the worst piece of the set. Should be noted that basically all of the quality body pieces in the game at the moment are much harder to acquire than other slots (130-145 compared to 119-ish), and this is an upgrade for TPing over Sulevia's obviously.

Hands: Could be good for Drakesbane, although once again Valorous may easily replace it when WSing. Has no haste penalty over your average 119 Hands if you use it for TPing. I'd recommend Emicho Path B over these however.

Legs: Only two less STP than Acro Breeches with STP+6 on em and way more STR and Accuracy. Very good option for a Mythic user but you may want DA/TA from other options otherwise.

Feet: Like the head, except not quite as good and with tougher competition in Valorous Greaves.

OVERALL: Like Sulevia's, you can replace any piece's damage potential with a good Valorous augment, but you might find yourself having a hard time topping some pieces for certain tasks. The whole set has 16% Haste, which is just under the amount you'd need with Hasso+Wyvern. You probably won't notice the magic accuracy on anything other than Leg Sweep.

For a returning player, this set should be a huge boost.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 110 111 112