Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 ... 110 111 112
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-09 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 182
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-09-09 10:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOT! DRG guide at last! Thank you!
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-09 11:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Long time in coming but finally a drg guide! Very extensive as well, Many thanks!
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-09 11:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay we are a job now
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-09 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Really cool to finally see one of these up. I have been thinking about putting this together forever but just haven't had the time or patience required, so congratulations on all of your hard work.

I'm at work right now so I can't go through everything in detail, but I did notice one thing.

You don't mention /BLU at all.

The formatting is all very nice though, overall you have done a very nice job.

ps. add a wyvern idle set for good measure :D
By Mitruya 2014-09-09 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay! Finally a guide!
Could you add a TP set for Upukirex?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-09 13:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-09-09 13:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to finally see a DRG guide - very informative, and well done!

A few things I happened to notice...
I assume "4/4 Empathy and 1/1 Deep Breathing" should be "4/5 Empathy and 1/5 Deep Breathing"? The point made is pretty clear, but the numbers kind of bothered me.

Fast cast set can add some quick spellcasting items, like Veneficium Ring and Impatiens (or rather those specifically, so far as I know) as well as the new earring from this update (Enchanter Earring +1). Additionally, Buremte gloves can be augmented with Fast Cast 3% and haste +2 if you don't have anything else on them (as can Ejekamal Boots, but chances are you're using those for STR).

Also, as a non-RME DRG, I'd love to see some TP sets for Upukirex, preferably both /sam and /war assuming that gains popularity with the update. Or would those be basically identical to the Gungnir ones?
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-09-09 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I take away from it, he implied that they're identical to Gungnir's but with a loss of the 40 accuracy.

I'd add in a mention of /blu and the relic legs' effect on High Jump shedding your emnity down even further; regular High Jump may come into more use after today's update. Otherwise quite solid. Just needs a bit more gearsets.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-09-09 13:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ranthozyk said: »
From what I take away from it, he implied that they're identical to Gungnir's but with a loss of the 40 accuracy.

I'd add in a mention of /blu and the relic legs' effect on High Jump shedding your emnity down even further; regular High Jump may come into more use after today's update. Otherwise quite solid. Just needs a bit more gearsets.
Loss of 20 accuracy; Upu has 20 acc as well.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-09-09 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh whatever. Only makes the point even more true.
 Cerberus.Sigurd
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Sigurd 2014-09-09 15:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for dedicating a full guide to me! j/k

Coincidentally, my first 75 way back when was DRG and loved the job forever back when I still played until a year ago. Great guide!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-09 15:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Deep Breathing is kind of a dud nowdays, I went 5/5 Empathy.
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-09-09 15:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why Anguinus Belt over Windbuffet for Jumps with Ryuno?

Also might wanna make an Angon set

Angon
Pteroslaver Gauntlets
Dragoon's Earring

And Smiting breath/aftercast for WS set
Ptero Armet
Glassblower
Lancer Torque
Dragoon's Earring
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-09 15:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear sets listed as 492 delay - 528 delay that was what we created to kind of encompass most non-RME polearms, Upurieux included.

For BLU sub the reason I didn't include it is, I asked a couple of DRG on my server, and I also went through a lot of previous post and I just could not find any extensive info on it.

If someone has more info on BLU if you can reply back or PM that would be wonderful.

@Reichieiu there are several very well known DRG's on FFXIAH AH
Martel, yourself and Orphannus to name a few that very renowned in the community and could have did a much better job than me creating this I'm sure, it was just the timing and excitement with making it we had with the update!

Again I didn't mention BLU sub because I just wasn't sure at all.

I can and will add quickened items to the fast cast set

Thanks again. I will add information that people feel should be or need to be added.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-09 15:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ophannus it's not Angui Belt, it is Sweord+1 for 6 STP
STP over multi for Ryuno was what we went with.
By Mitruya 2014-09-09 15:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If I have a lack of plasm/gil, are any reforged pieces worth using for TP or should I stick with Cizin? (no +1s of that, dunno if I will ever be able to upgrade)
Just wondering where to focus my grind - shards and gil or sparks and gil. Thanks.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-09 15:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish gear particularly the legs and hands are very good TP sets, now if you have no plasma or Gil currently what would be a better lets say... Body feet and head piece?

Well Karieyh +1 Feet are very good

Skirmish body if you can get DA +2

Gorney Hauby +1 from Bayld may do you better and be he cheaper option, and for the head if you can obtain Otomi from wildskeeper for free! If not cizin and the other bayld options are good also!
By Mitruya 2014-09-09 16:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I neglected to specify that I do have Otomi and the rest is Cizin (NQ). I have all but one Delve KI, but I don't do the event regularly enough to be able to buy all the armor and the airlixers to get R15. So I was wondering whether to bother with reforging anything or just keep grinding for shards and gil.
Actually .... looking at the plasm costs it looks like I can maybe buy the K'ayres ring and the Mikinaak greaves and that's about it. It's the Xaddi stuff that's more costly.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-09 16:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Legato said: »
@Reichieiu there are several very well known DRG's on FFXIAH AH
Martel, yourself and Orphannus to name a few that very renowned in the community and could have did a much better job than me

No man, you did a phenomenal job. Keep tweaking it with the help of the community and lets make this the best guide on FFXIAH!

As far as /BLU, while it has fallen out of favor recently with the addition of trust NPCs, it is easily the best solo /mage sub if you are going to be taking a ton of damage. RDM and WHM my offer things like en-spells, phalanx, erase, refresh, convert, protect, shell, dispel, ect, but /BLU offers you more bang for your buck when you are soloing anything extremely hard. Foot Kick, the BLU spell used to trigger healing breath can't be interrupted, and there are so many more BLU spells that you can set for defensive capabilities that it was once the /mage sub of choice for anything remotely challenging. You can also set spells for auto-refesh and other traits you may require.

That being said, /BLU is also so much harder to master because there are so many spells / little things you have to learn. You can even set spells to self-skillchain with.

Who knows, /BLU might come back now that they have added item level WoE. It should be used as a mage sub whenever you don't have trust NPCs and you aren't just "Farming" or fighting old "HNMs". For instance, if I wanted to go solo Achuka, I would probably /BLU. (he is going to kill my trust NPCs anyway)

There are many people that will argue against /blu in favor of /rdm and I love /rdm, but it doesn't compare to /blu on anything with actual difficulty. (which, to be fair, is hard to find anymore)

edit* Seha pointed out an error, fixed.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-09 16:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't set autorefresh with blu sub.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-09 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Legato said: »
@Ophannus it's not Angui Belt, it is Sweord+1 for 6 STP
STP over multi for Ryuno was what we went with.

Had a look and it is Angui belt in those ryuno jump sets you might want to have a look at that.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-09 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You can't set autorefresh with blu sub.

you're right, thanks for the catch.

To be fair, I haven't used /BLU since Adoulin came out because everything has been so easy. (I don't even solo as /mage in Adoulin zones)
 Odin.Esor
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-09-09 17:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats! a drg guide has been a long time coming.

only change i would add is to clearly label the 492 set (if it is the same as the gugnir set.) many laymen and new people are referred to guides first, so making the most common option as easy as possible to see is very helpful.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-09 17:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The Gungnir set is seperate to the 492-528 delay set, it seems I mistakenly deleted that set -_- somehow I dunno

I will be adding the non-rme TP set
And a BLU sub blurb in a few.

Thank you for pointing these things out everyone.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-09-09 17:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally removed the non-R/M TP set, because seriously, who plays Dragoon without Gungnir/Ryunohige...

...okay, I accidentally removed it during editing. Sorry, guys. I put it back where it belongs.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-09-09 17:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I had Ele belt beating Metalsinger in Camlann's. Also I would think the TP Bonus from Moonshade would be more beneficial for Camlann's the the ATT earrings since it gives more defense ignored. Napkin math real quick: If 1000% is 15% defense ignored and 3000% is 50% defense ignored, 2000% TP is likely 20-30% ignored. For argument's sake, let's be conservative and say it's only 25% defense ignored at 2000%. Moonshade is +25% TP so that would mean at 125%, you'd ignore an extra 2.5% or so(10% difference between 15% and 25%, and account for 1/4 of that bonus provided by Moonshade). Moonshade would be an extra 2.5% defense ignored. If a mob has 800 defense(likely higher), that's already 20 equivalent roughly to 20 attack.
By Highwynd 2014-09-09 17:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You also might want to make a Steady Wing in addition to the Angon and Smiting breath sets for completion sake. Steady Wing set is similar to healing breath set but stresses Wyvern HP(so Chanoix Gorget instead of Lancer Torque obviously). Also maybe a Shattersoul Set for the 10-15% of the time piercing is worthless, or fighting skeletons. Spirit Surge's High Jump removes TP in a 1:1 ratio, capping at 1:10(was 1:1 pre patch). In other words 300 damage will remove 3000 TP(or what used to be 300% TP); tested in ballista years ago.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-09 17:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

@Highwynd
What was your target and what buffs were you using that had ele belt winning vs Metalsinger?

When I spreadsheeted it I had Metalsinger > Caudata very close to each other > ele belt last.

And for Tati earring same thing actually

X2 Tati combo > bladeborn/steelflash > Moonshade/brutal
I thought the same way you did but the spreadsheet was showing different results.

If you can let me know the conditions you set, I'll redo!
First Page 2 ... 110 111 112