Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 110 111 112
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-04-05 05:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the amount of STP you would need for a 6 hit or a 5 hit with a 492 Polearm?
By ClaudeusXI 2015-04-06 05:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rendra said: »
What is the amount of STP you would need for a 6 hit or a 5 hit with a 492 Polearm?

Which subjob would you be using?
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-04-06 05:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-04-06 06:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hit

WS 30
TP 46

will get you to 1004~ tp assuming 3 hits on WS
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-04 01:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rendra said: »
Any gear sets with the new emp set? I haven't done the new skirmish yet. was out for a couple of months. *looking at Martel*

i second this.

Can anyone update these sets? its seems Legato has quit and/or mia. would really be nice not to loose this guide

at least post their own tp sets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-04 08:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, these are just my sets, not necessarily Ideal sets. Though I will try to note possible improvements, and when I've made compromises due to inv concerns, etc.

TP sets
ItemSet 281397ItemSet 204963

My augments on TP acro are STP, ACC+ATK, and str+dex. I favor the mixed stats over focusing all on str/atk or acc/dex. And I really don't want to make anymore acro sets.

The AM3 up set is almost Ideal, I think, with perfect augs. (mine aren't there yet. Good, but not perfect) <,<; But it still needs a Sweordfaetels +1. But the things are a pain in the *** to even find. And I'm sure as hell not going to the trouble of having one made.

For AM3 down, you'd expect DA+ to beat STP+, but for hands/feet I still have STP+ slightly ahead. On legs however, the DA pulls ahead. But Taeon legs with +2TA beat out DA+Acro. Hadn't got around to making them though. AM3 down is kinda low priority to me.

WS sets
ItemSet 252361ItemSet 176000ItemSet 256187

For all WS, desired acro augs are: STR, ACC+ATK, and WS ACC+.

DA+ is better than ws acc if you don't need the extra acc. But when you do need acc, +20 extra per piece is huge, and makes a far bigger difference than +3 DA. Of course, you could just make an extra acro set for each. But there are both inventory and monetary concerns. So I went with the acc. The reduced impact of DA with AM3 up was also a factor.

I still need to get a a second Ifrit+1. /lazy

For stardiver, a sufficiently well augmented updraft mantle will beat buquwik. I forget the exact break point, but I've posted it on here before somewhere.

Regarding Fotia belt/gorget. I don't actually know if they're better DPS-wise for drakes/camlann's than other options. I just freaking love getting a Fotia proc on a 3K TP drakes. <,<;

Jumps.
Acro augments here are the same as TP gear.

I have not thoroughly investigated DA+ augs here, since I know they'll lose for spirit/soul AM3 up, and quite possibly down as well. Not sure about jump/high jump, but jump TP gear will probably be winning in most main slots for those.

Jump and High jump.
ItemSet 175998ItemSet 326117

Crusher gauntlets are nearly tied with Vishap+1 normally(like ~0.3 dps difference), and better when you need acc.

Ostro greaves are better DPS than huginn, and better acc, But I haven't decided if I want to carry them just for jumps that I rarely ever use.

EDIT:Non Ryu users, avoid Peltast's legs and huginn on these. Since they won't autocrit without Ryu, other options are better.

Spirit/Soul jump
ItemSet 291579ItemSet 175999

Not much to comment on here. Just that Brutal is actually sliiightly better than neritic for AM3 down spirit jump. But not for soul. Didn't really wanna break up jump sets into AM3 up/down over a 0.x DPS difference.

TA+2 Taeon legs are actually slightly better than STP Acro for any AM3 down jump. But again, I haven't got around to making them.

Breaths
ItemSet 335141
For post WS and smiting.
Augments. Acro:Breath+8, Pet:Magic Accuracy ~25. Updraft:Breath+10
869 dmg breath. Not a bad bonus after every ws.

Healing breath.
ItemSet 316443
Same augs as ele breath.

Not gonna get into /mage/casting sets atm. Also not getting into high acc version. Don't really feel like doubling my AH sets. <,<

PDT/MDT/etc, I'll post if there's actually some interest. But I think the main thing ppl were after was DD related sets.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
Server: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-05-04 10:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

a question : why do you use the af3 reforge +1 spirit/soul pants on the normal jump and not use them for spirit/soul? force crit and jump enhancement making them like a double bonus pants. or is 10 stp so much better at this point? why not using the huginn gambieras for spirit/soul? arnt those force crit? or at least one of them? still a stp mathing?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-04 11:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »
a question : why do you use the af3 reforge +1 spirit/soul pants on the normal jump and not use them for spirit/soul? force crit and jump enhancement making them like a double bonus pants. or is 10 stp so much better at this point? why not using the huginn gambieras for spirit/soul? arnt those force crit? or at least one of them? still a stp mathing?
Spirit and soul jump have double and triple TP return respectively(with wyvern present.) Which means that that +10 stp is giving you the gains you'd normally get from 20 or 30 stp. The value of STP on spirit/soul is very high, but it's only normal on jump/high jump.

EDIT: And as for the spirit/soul jump enhancement. Spirit and soul jump already have +25%/+50% attack bonuses. And DRG itself has +20% from wyvern bonus. Soul jump is probably capping attack on just about anything when decently buffed. And spirit jump probably wouldn't be too far off. That +15% just doesn't do all that much.

For the record, the way the forced crit works is:

Jump/High jump: Forced crit with ryunohige only.
Spirit/soul jump: Forced crit with wyvern present.

So you don't wanna use crit DMG+ on jump/high jump unless you have Ryu.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-05-04 11:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My sets are identical to yours for the most part, though I have been playing 14 since empy reforge came out...kinda lost the will to play for a bit. Maybe will come back if there's some cool drg adjustments or substantial new content.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-05 01:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you martel,

do you have an acc issues? i dont have mythic but assuming between acc bonus trait/ auggments and weapon you dont have any trouble on any content
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-05 07:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
thank you martel,

do you have an acc issues? i dont have mythic but assuming between acc bonus trait/ auggments and weapon you dont have any trouble on any content
Well, mythic really doesn't have any affect on ACC compared to any basic 119 wep. Never use AM1, and despite the aftermath description on the weapon, AM3 only gets the OA2~3. And not the acc/atk.

But yeah, acc is pretty good now. My normal, low acc TP sets(the ones in the post up above) has more acc now than my pre-acro mid acc set did. <,<

Still, I'm sure there's content out there that could call for more acc. But you usually get buffs if that's the case. Or use food, etc. I haven't had to use my acc sets recently, but I've been on PLD almost exclusively since the last update. <,<;
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-05-06 02:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were going to make just 1 set of acro and use it for both TP and WS what would be the best augments? because atm Gearswap causes my game to have issues and probably since I'm still using XP... so i'm back to the basics with just using windower macros... And i don't believe there is a way to have more than 1 acro set with normal/windower macros.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-06 02:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There is. Put one set in your inventory and one set in your wardrobe. The in-game macro sets should be able to differentiate between the two.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-05-06 02:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you script that with winodower macros? Unless i'm not understanding something.

Edit: Sorry you said ingame macros lol.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-05-06 02:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, I guess it's just the Feet and Legs that i need to figure out for TP/WS, Currently I'm using Peltast's
 Odin.Eliosha
By Odin.Eliosha 2015-05-06 07:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The base equipsets can differentiate two pieces of gear with the same name in the same box, so you don't *have* to put one in the wardrobe. (Though I like using my wardrobe for "macro-only" pieces.)
I have to admit I'm impressed with their implementation. (Though not with the speed in which they were implemented in of course.)
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-05-07 03:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

for windower macro, you can differenciate the inventory and wardrobe by putting a 1 or a 0 at the end of the line as follow :

/input equip head "piece name" 1; for wardrobe
or
/input equip head "piece name" 0; for inventory

and as other already said, if you use the ingame equipsets, there's no need to specify anything, the game will already know which piece it is. you could call an equipset from a windower macro but... only one from one macro. there's apparently a need of putting an ingame wait if you want to use 2 equip set in a single macro. i'm not sure this is an issue for drg but it definitively was for job with a need for short precast and midcast where the ingame wait 1 was too long.

also equipsets... dont bother changing the names, the game will still refers to them as equipsetXXX, XXX being the number between 001 and 100 and that's what you'll need to use to select them.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-08 01:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

how is the Skirmish weapon fairing these days with a three slot?

im thinking my bee polearm aint up to snuff these days.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-05-14 12:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the new gifts and job points for drg? Too lazy to log on
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-14 14:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

depending how easy this will be to obtain, I think this may be better than Skirmish's augment roulette: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Annealed_Lance

also, sparkly Ryunohige? *** you SE, now I need to /lockstyle over my Mythic.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-14 16:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That model isn't ryu. It's a delphinius. The actual polearm itself is quite ugly. Well, technically it's a sparky Dabo. Since Delphinius was just a Dabo model with a thunder effect while drawn.

Ryu >>>>>>> This ***. Thunder effect or not.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-14 17:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, good. the thumbnail looked like Ryu just with lightning around it. I had completely forgotten about Delphinius, and that at least makes sense.
 Valefor.Corvin
Server: Valefor
user: wesman121
By Valefor.Corvin 2015-05-28 17:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How does a mythic drg compare to war or drk since I know it doesn't come close to sam
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-28 21:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

comes a helluva lot closer to SAM than either of the other jobs you mentioned.
 Valefor.Corvin
user: wesman121
By Valefor.Corvin 2015-05-29 01:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-31 17:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Crusher's Gauntlets. Assuming NQ Jump onry? Non-Ryu DRG also.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-31 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The jump TP bonus should work on High jump as well. They also have freakishly high def, making them good for Idle/PDT/Hybrid sets.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-27 10:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would one of you be willing to post your DRG lua files? The ones on BG forums seems to be outdated, but maybe I'm wrong. I've seen quite a few comments and dug through the posts, but it's pretty pieced together using that...
 Odin.Earli
user: Earli
By Odin.Earli 2015-08-06 10:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With the 100/1200 job point gifts - am I understanding correctly that we get 15% double attack when our wyvern is fully leveled up?
 Odin.Nappy
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2015-08-06 12:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 110 111 112