Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 110 111 112
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2015-08-17 01:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to know what Buster's skillchain damage on scoreboard actually is reading? Happens quite frequently in group content for quite a bit of damage. Its not his actual breath damage, so I'm wondering if its just lagging and reading my skillchain damage as his sometimes.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-17 01:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed random support jobs occasionally getting SC credit too. I think it's just lag or some other weirdness.
 Odin.Nappy
Server: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2015-08-17 08:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have good sets for non-mythic? also how bad is onca suit for WS?
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-08-18 11:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played since April but thinking of returning. I het the sense that alluvion augmented gear and reforged af3 is still pretty amazing, but what are modern tp/ws sets looking like?

Also i stopped playkng right before af3 reforge came out, how much trouble is it to get materials for the i119 versions now?
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-24 11:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

getting your wins is likely going to be more difficult than the materials, and that is going to vary from server to server based on shout availability. 119 upgrade materials are available via a combination of bazaars/AH/Sparks of Eminence, but Monisette will not reforge to 119 without defeating the corresponding Vagry boss. there are 5 different bosses, which each are guaranteed to drop at least one 119 upgrade item for the corresponding piece that they "unlock" Monisette reforging. additionally, there are one time RoE objectives for killing each boss that rewards you with that item as well.
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2015-08-28 00:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Drg less discriminated against nowadays? Been thinking about coming back but what's keeping me is knowing that I'd never be on my favorite job...
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-09-10 04:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

/It'sHappening.gif

link
Quote:
TP will no longer be consumed when wyverns use breath abilities.
* In line with this adjustment, the bonus granted to Healing Breath when consuming HP will be removed and the base potency will be increased.

Flying TP battery time. XD

EDIT: Now we just need them to make spirit link take all the wyvern's TP rather than half.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2015-09-10 08:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Free 1500 TP every 90 seconds?

Deal
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2015-09-11 01:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What does the comment below about HP consumption mean? Is it a typo? Should it be TP?
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-11 02:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yay for aftermath battery!
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-09-11 10:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The flying battery idea is something that only a few members of the community pitched on the OF. In a way, I kind of think SE is finally listening to what players want, albeit at a snails pace. I know Martel has mentioned it before, and I definitely pitched it a few times on the OF. It's seems like a small change, but in a lot of ways it's almost as if they added a new JA for DRG that enhances our DPS. Now Wyvern acc/attack speed will matter. Additionally, the Empathy'd Hasso and 1200 DRG JP will have a larger impact and work syngeristically with our Wyvern as a TP battery. It also makes Ryunohige pretty badass for AM3 for Wyvern OA2-3.

The potency boost to healing breath is unnecessary, as per my above screenshots, it's nearly a 2k boost(and I quit in February, so there's probably even more breath gear out now). All that's left is to make Ele breath based on Max HP, and maybe halve CW timer, or give us a way to shorten its duration (-2.5min per Parameter Boost, or each Spirit Link, -2.5min from timer, up to -10 from timer!) and DRG will be perfect!
[+]
By Chyula 2015-09-11 11:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

even Drg got a buff, its like SE forgot about SAM existed. Sam desperately need a damn buff on fudo and stp for a 3 hit build.
[+]
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-09-23 11:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

On the note of the TP change, how does this affect the relic legs augment? Before, it gave Save TP +5 for each rank in Strafe, but now that breaths don't consume TP anymore, I wonder what it does now. Not that I have any merits in Strafe (5/5 Angon, 5/5 Empathy), but I have to admit that I'm curious.

On that note, I'm doubtful, but I'm not sure on the math; with the changes, would Spirit Link recast be viable at all? I don't think so, given that it'd be a 15 second reduction at max, giving 1500 TP every 75 seconds instead of 1500 every 90 once your wyvern gets rolling. But it's just a thought, as it's roughly 20 TP/second if you're keeping up on that timer.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2015-09-23 20:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a dev post about the relic legs augment that flew under the radar:

With the changes to TP consumption, what will happen with the Strafe enhancing effects of the Wyrm Brais +2?

Thank you for your feedback.

As you pointed out, after the September update, the Strafe enhancing effect will no longer take effect. This is already something the development team is aware of, and they are already discussing changing the effect in a future update. We apologize for the inconvenience until then.

I'm personally expecting Breath+ or Magic Acc.+ to replace the Save TP, but who knows.

As for Spirit Link recast merits, I think they wouldn't be terrible necessarily. 5/5 for both Jumps still probably wins due to Store TP, multi-hits/AM3, and the fact that they're consistent attacks instead of a buff.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-09-25 13:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope it's something cool, like "increases weapon skill damage and accuracy when attacking from an opponent's flank. Like Overwhelm but for DRG. It would make sense given the definition of "strafe/strafing".
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-25 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they were using the real definition, not the gamer/urban dictionary one.
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-28 11:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Hope it's something cool, like "increases weapon skill damage and accuracy when attacking from an opponent's flank. Like Overwhelm but for DRG. It would make sense given the definition of "strafe/strafing".

the reason that Overwhelm has any semblance of balance is that in order for a Samurai to get the attack bonus, they needed to be in the mob's face in range of conal/gaze attacks which were the more common variety of AoE at the time. while I'll take any buff to DRG I can get, I don't see them trying to turn it into Dragoon in XIV which is all about positioning on either the flank or from behind for bonuses to damage.
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-29 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any up to date sets for TP/WS considering the wealth of Escha gear out there now?
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-09-30 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 338387
STP augments on Acro,
DA augment on Olyndicus,
TA augment on Taeon.

STP Acro legs if you have Ganesha's mala.

If call wyvern is recasting:
ItemSet 338389
Acro helm/despair boots if you don't have Carmine +1. Acro helm with Ionis.

Stardiver:
ItemSet 338390
DA augment on Acro.
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-02 16:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

so outside of the new Hecatomb set, we've not gotten much out of it. oh well, I guess that just means less effort I need to put in at this point.
By Jorel85 2015-10-03 16:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't generally post gear sets or anything on the forum. As such, I'm a posting nuub. So if the sets don't show up I guess just click the link and hopefully that works. Haha!

ItemSet 338429

This is my current TP setup. I opt for mixing Multi and STP over just STP.
Olyndicus: Acc 18, Store TP 6, Quad atk 3%.
Acro gear: Acc/Atk 20/20 and 3% dbl atk

It has room for improvements but this is what i use just JP'ing and anything not 122+, I opt for mixing multi and stp over just STP as a personal preference. I don't spreadsheet (They hate me) as cirumstances in battle always change.

ItemSet 338430

This is my current Acc set. It lands me at about 1160 acc w/sushi. Plenty of room for improvement here.
Acro Legs: Acc 25 STP 6

ItemSet 338431

This is a Max Acc set I researched.
Max Augments on Founders gear.
Emicho Gear is Path B
There are some alternatives worth noting:
Ravenous Breastplate/+1
Leyline Gloves
Founder's Greaves

ItemSet 338432

This set is meant for jump and high jump as it includes large amounts of accuracy and Jump TP bonus gear which until this last update was kinda just stupid. "Still is in my opinion."
But I couldn't help but notice that you can now gain a total of 150 additional TP on your jump/high jump with this gear. Which after thinking about it, I believe this to be SE's alternative to giving us a reduced wyvern timer. This allows us to mitigate SOME! of the tp loss from wyvern timer being down. Which is usually a very large hit to our DPS and is helpful in high end content when you can't always avoid being killed. Additionally Maenadic gambieras from Warder of Faith offers a huge accuracy boost to jumps which again is very helpful for High end content.

As a side note because I don't think it was covered well in the OP. Jumps are a huge part of being a Dragoon, if you're not jumping you're not playing this job right, especially without a mythic. Why they matter. Instant TP generation, instant damage with little to no hate, multihit gear procs on jumps, which means that dbl-quad atk gear can give you 2.5 4.5k instant damage and the TP for all those hits! Nothing so joyous as using soul jump for (4.5k dmg mind you) and landing at 3000 tp right after a WS so you can Skillchain instantly or just throw out another stardiver. DRG should be WS'ing constantly. And now we have our wyvern battery. Spirit link is now an instant TP generation tool used right. /sam gives you lots of TP generation tools, hasso is great if you're not getting hasted or songs etc. Ok I'll sit down now. I love playing DRG! I just wanted to help out my fellow dragon killers.
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-03 17:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget that Dragoon IS on Tartarus Platemail, making it not only a great defensive piece, but that has Accuracy +40 on it (though a perfectly augmented Founder's Breastplate should win out thanks to the DEX difference). I was just looking to see if anything more revolutionary than 4/5 Acro with Peltast's Plackart +1 was still king for Ryunohige TP. on the upside, it just means that the gil was well invested in those sets, as compared to Taeon which got almost completely destroyed by how strong the Adhemar set is.
By DaDrifter 2015-10-19 21:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good DRG.lua they are willing to share?
By Bamboom 2015-10-19 21:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys does anyone do salvage on drg? Which zone is drg friendly?
By Bamboom 2015-10-20 19:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also do any of you still play Dragoon actively? Dragoon was my favorite job when I first started ffxi. Unfortunately throughout the years I always found myself playing Dragoon solo or doing stuff outside of endgame content. Is that still true? Is Dragoon not viable for any of the current content, even with a mythic? I'm just curious to see what you guys do on your Dragoon when you play.

I am hopeful that SE will do a final balancing act and make all jobs viable for endgame content, but right now that seems extremely unrealistic...
By Gihl 2015-10-20 21:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Hey guys does anyone do salvage on drg? Which zone is drg friendly?

I did ar2 as drg/rdm just for the lol, not really hard to do it, can kill the gears floor very easy and kimmy is easy to kill also
By Jorel85 2015-10-21 00:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my Current Dragoon lua. it's far from perfect but I've tried to polish it up the best I can here and there.
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-21 10:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Also do any of you still play Dragoon actively? Dragoon was my favorite job when I first started ffxi. Unfortunately throughout the years I always found myself playing Dragoon solo or doing stuff outside of endgame content. Is that still true? Is Dragoon not viable for any of the current content, even with a mythic? I'm just curious to see what you guys do on your Dragoon when you play.

I am hopeful that SE will do a final balancing act and make all jobs viable for endgame content, but right now that seems extremely unrealistic...

DRG is not THF, SAM, or BLU, which outside of a tank are the only jobs that are brought to get up close and personal with the mob. DRG is probably the best off of WAR/DRK/DRG, but that really isn't saying much at all. rarely do I get to come as something non-GEO, and when I do go DD, I have been known to take my DRG out. the problem is that Stardiver is kinda crap compared to CDC and stacked Rudras, and Drakesbane's Attack penalty still has me salty. since SE has been quiet about job adjustments for a while now (outside of their laughable BST "nerf") I suspect that FFXI is going to diminish and die with BLU/THF/DNC on top for melee and SCH/BLM ruling with an iron fist for NMs as a MB strat.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-21 10:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG probably important to lock Call Wyvern on Absolute Virtue? SE's way of making DRG accepted into end game content?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 110 111 112